PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Head Football Coach

Football DAD
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
OK, I started the new thread. Anyone have any solid news on the names of coaches? What is the time frame for any annoucement?

BrahmaMom
01-18-2011, 09:19 PM
No news, just hope they pick someone who has a strong record of success behind them...

Football DAD
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I agree with that.

bowleghorses
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I kinda heard that an old Prosper coach had a shot at this job...but his name is slipping my mind right now.

TRENCHES06
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I hear he likes to hunt Bears. Black Bears

bowleghorses
01-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
I hear he likes to hunt Bears. Black Bears

?:confused:

BrahmaMom
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I know Coker is a Prosper kinda guy, I just hope with all the talented applicants I am hearing about, we vote for talent over friendship. I assume he will vote for talent, as he has a vested interest and always votes for the kids. Go Brahmas!

Red Bull
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I trust Coker and those involved with this hiring process will hire the right person for the job. It will not be like it was two years ago for sure. I eagerly await word on who the new coach will be, but I hear we won't know much until mid February or later.

Torch Bearer
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
If Bellville is committed to doing right for the kids, they will not let this drag out forever. Pick out your guy that is a proven winner, go after him aggressively and give him what he needs to take the job and start trying to catch up with everybody else in the state of Texas that has a head coach in place all year. If they decide to go cheap on this one, they will get what they pay for. There is no excuse for Bellville not to be in the playoffs every year. I am not saying the should win state every year, but with the athletes, tradition, expectations, and community support that Bellville has they need to start winning games they are suppose to and competing at a higher level than they have been in the last couple of years. Some how all of these undefeated lower level teams get to the varsity level and do nothing.

Bellville ISD, Go Big or Go 2-8!!!!!

OLE'BULL
01-19-2011, 03:09 PM
If we dont have a coach in place and on campus by spring ball, we will have another terrible year. That is the perfect time to familiarize the kids with the new systems that will be put in to place, as well as familiarize the new coaches with the kids and their abilities...

SHSBulldog00
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
If we dont have a coach in place and on campus by spring ball, we will have another terrible year. That is the perfect time to familiarize the kids with the new systems that will be put in to place, as well as familiarize the new coaches with the kids and their abilities...

As a former assistant coach :iagree:

redball
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
New sup will make the right choice. I happen to know this old Prosper coach you speak of and he is the real deal.he has 2 state championships under his belt and knows how to win! He just has a way to light the fire under the kids and they want to play for him. Not only a dang good coach but an even better christian man. He would be a great fit in Bellville. Just my opinion,but I am sure my opinion is shared by many!

Football DAD
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Great job. Yes, I believe they need to make a choice as soon as they can. But the right decision is more important.

XMan
01-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Like all schools in the state less than 4a, Bellville is not permitted to have spring football.

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Like all schools in the state less than 4a, Bellville is not permitted to have spring football.

Sure they can, they just can't have pads or any kind of contact equipment(blocking dummies, shields, etc...)

XMan
01-20-2011, 06:50 AM
They can not practice after school nor wear pads like 4 and 5 a schools. They can use their athletic period to work on football and that is what they do. Of course as everyone knows, the athletic period is about building athletes, which benefits all sports. Im not sure why any school would use valuable offseason time working on one particular sport or skill when everyone knows time in the weight room and speed/agility work is much more beneficial. At least thats what everyone wants to say. Its great to know that the double standard is alive and well. Football in the fall, football in the spring. If you want to be good in anything else, move. If the 'ville didnt work on football year round, that 2-8 last year wouldve been 0-10. Thank god they did that spring work!

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 07:02 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2265649466_e8a5269d68.jpg

pancho villa
01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
They can not practice after school nor wear pads like 4 and 5 a schools. They can use their athletic period to work on football and that is what they do. Of course as everyone knows, the athletic period is about building athletes, which benefits all sports. Im not sure why any school would use valuable offseason time working on one particular sport or skill when everyone knows time in the weight room and speed/agility work is much more beneficial. At least thats what everyone wants to say. Its great to know that the double standard is alive and well. Football in the fall, football in the spring. If you want to be good in anything else, move. If the 'ville didnt work on football year round, that 2-8 last year wouldve been 0-10. Thank god they did that spring work!

You are weird!

Football DAD
01-20-2011, 09:24 AM
We are getting off track again. It's about the news of coach selection. Please stay focus.

Mpiratefan_2009
01-20-2011, 09:37 AM
X-Man,

You just can't leave it alone can you, move out of Bellville if you live there, or move out of Texas, and go somewhere that your sport will be featured year around. You consistently say the same things in every post, whining about unfair treatment towards your sport. Texas is about friday night lights, and if you don't like that, then move. Just spare us over and over and over again with the same argument, your not going to win in Texas! I think the Dominican Republic really likes baseball, it will be number 1 there, you should go!

Mpiratefan_2009
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Now back to topic, who is the front-runners? Any news in the Ville? Any names tossed around? When do interviews start?

XMan
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Yes, but you people make this so fun. How long does it take to get your panties out of a wad on a daily basis?

cr180t
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Kinda strange post or is it just me:confused:

bigcat8
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
give it to david cerny

YTBulldogs
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Get the Cerny Bro's together.

BrahmaMom
01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Coker was quoted in the Bellville Times as saying he hoped to resolve this quickly. Lots to choose from, probably no losers in the bunch. We need someone to instill fire in the belly and a work ethic that won't quit! GO BULLS!!

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
I have heard nothing about this. But, the current Seguin DC, former Prosper DC, would be an awesome hire!

Bull's-eye
01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I have heard nothing about this. But, the current Seguin DC, former Prosper DC, would be an awesome hire!

I found an earlier post made by sandbagger.

"Shane Mobley, former DC at prosper, current asst. HC at seguin. The best high school football coach to walk the face of the earth."

Is this the same guy? I don't know anything about him, but his name has come up a few times.

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
That's him. I could see it happening due to the Prosper connection. He'd be a great hire for Bellville.

zebrablue2
01-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I found an earlier post made by sandbagger.

"Shane Mobley, former DC at prosper, current asst. HC at seguin. The best high school football coach to walk the face of the earth."

Is this the same guy? I don't know anything about him, but his name has come up a few times.

I am :confused: U know nothing about him, but the greatest to walk the face of the earth! Please explain:D

bowleghorses
01-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That's him. I could see it happening due to the Prosper connection. He'd be a great hire for Bellville.

The players at Prosper loved him...great coach...My brother enjoyed coaching with him also.

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
The players at Prosper loved him...great coach...My brother enjoyed coaching with him also. Is he the big guy that went to TCU?

Bull's-eye
01-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I am :confused: U know nothing about him, but the greatest to walk the face of the earth! Please explain:D

I was quoting an earlier post by Sandbagger, those were his words.

BrahmaMom
01-21-2011, 08:42 AM
A player's coach would be great, a proven record would be great. I don't care if he is from Mars if he can do the job ethically, fire up the players and get their best out of them and return Bellville to its former program. This is NOT to disparage our present and former coaches in ANY way--I love the ones I know and appreciate what they have given to my sons and Bellville.

TRENCHES06
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
The "Prosper Coach" would definitely be a great hire-for the program and for the kids.

OLE'BULL
01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Any booster club/board members have ANYTHING??? Have we narrowed down the list?