PDA

View Full Version : Dez done in Dallas?

YTBulldogs
01-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Can't believe they would even consider moving Dez. But, that's the Cowboy's for ya.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2011, 07:55 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/dez-bryant-cowboys-trade-rumors-stephen-jones/1?csp=34

Not sure how this rumor got rolling

bobcat1
01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
You beat me Mr. Media.:tongue: :taunt:

YTBulldogs
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/dez-bryant-cowboys-trade-rumors-stephen-jones/1?csp=34

Not sure how this rumor got rolling

Answer is in your article you posted. ESPN/Dallas is how it got started. KSAT 12 in San Antonio reported as well coming from ESPN/Dallas. That's were I heard it.

coach
01-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Answer is in your article you posted. ESPN/Dallas is how it got started. KSAT 12 in San Antonio reported as well coming from ESPN/Dallas. That's were I heard it.

i dont think it's a rumor. i think a reporter just asked would dallas trade dez for a number 1 draft pick.

coach
01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4677294/more-on-the-future-of-dez-bryant

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

No the article had nothing about Dallas looking to trade Dez...it was if a team called would Dallas listen. Slow news day turns it into something else

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
No the article had nothing about Dallas looking to trade Dez...it was if a team called would Dallas listen. Slow news day turns it into something else

I heard Dallas has offered to trade Romo for a 7th round pick and a bag of BBQ chips for Jerry's lunch!!! Any truth to that?

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I heard Dallas has offered to trade Romo for a 7th round pick and a bag of BBQ chips for Jerry's lunch!!! Any truth to that?

Why would Dallas consider trading their franchise QB who's arguably one of the top ten QBs in the entire league?

greendawg84
01-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Throw in a Miller Lite and its a deal :clap:

Emerson1
01-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Why would Dallas consider trading their franchise QB who's arguably one of the top ten QBs in the entire league?
Because Stephen McGee is a future hall of famer.

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because Stephen McGee is a future hall of famer.

oh.

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 10:40 AM

UPDATE:

Al Davis told Jerry he would take Romo off his hands if Jerry would throw in a bucket of cash and a backrub from Stephen! Can't verify my source but it is dependable!!!

Pick6
01-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Just yesterday it was in the paper where Aikman said that Romo is a franchise QB. A few weeks ago Ware said a few players don't make a team. FF disagrees with both. Isn't it great when the uninformed shows what he really doesn't know.

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Just yesterday it was in the paper where Aikman said that Romo is a franchise QB. A few weeks ago Ware said a few players don't make a team. FF disagrees with both. Isn't it great when the uninformed shows what he really doesn't know.

Who sent in the clowns?? Nice of you to come out of your hole long enough to spew venom!

Go ahead a keep living your life according to Troy Aikman and we'll see how far you get! Besides, I don't remember disagreeing with either one of these people! And not too many people would be silly enough to think Aikman or Ware would say anyting other than what they said. Even IF they did think differently!

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Who sent in the clowns?? Nice of you to come out of your hole long enough to spew venom!

Go ahead a keep living your life according to Troy Aikman and we'll see how far you get! Besides, I don't remember disagreeing with either one of these people! And not too many people would be silly enough to think Aikman or Ware would say anyting other than what they said. Even IF they did think differently!

Why would Aikman not say what he thinks?

PPHSfan
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM

Two words.

Chicken Wings

Pick6
01-19-2011, 02:26 PM

I agree. Who wouldn't take Aikman's knowledge over FF's?? FF dispute's everyone's opinion if he doesn't agree with it.

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Perhaps Troy thinks exactly like he said. but perhaps he doesn't. Troy isn't stupid enough to think a negative comment about the Cowboys current golden boy by the Cowboy's past golden boy wouldn't backfire on him big time. Probably a career ender! At least his popularity would take a hit that he could never overcome. He tries hard to give the appearance of being unbiased where the Cowboys are concerned for obvious reasons! Think about it.

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I agree. Who wouldn't take Aikman's knowledge over FF's?? FF dispute's everyone's opinion if he doesn't agree with it.

We aren't talking about Aikman's knowledge! We are talking about what Aikman said in an interview! Again I have to caution you about believing what he says is also what he thinks.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Perhaps Troy thinks exactly like he said. but perhaps he doesn't. Troy isn't stupid enough to think a negative comment about the Cowboys current golden boy by the Cowboy's past golden boy wouldn't backfire on him big time. Probably a career ender! At least his popularity would take a hit that he could never overcome. He tries hard to give the appearance of being unbiased where the Cowboys are concerned for obvious reasons! Think about it.

You have not heard the negative Aikman has said about the Cowboys, Romo and Jerry Jones if you really think he cares what people think

Pick6
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
We aren't talking about Aikman's knowledge! We are talking about what Aikman said in an interview! Again I have to caution you about believing what he says is also what he thinks.

Show me where he has said anything to help prove your point. You keep saying he and D Ware say things but mean other things. It's real simple, prove it. Do something new and prove you're right.

coach
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Show me where he has said anything to help prove your point. You keep saying he and D Ware say things but mean other things. It's real simple, prove it. Do something new and prove you're right.

he hasnt been able to prove crap since he got here...ill throw out numbers to back up my points all he wants to do is compare romo to john kitna...his football iq is very low.

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure what it is I'm suppose to be proving to you. I have not disagreed with anything except to say that just because Troy Aikman (or anyone else) says something in public doesn't mean they actually think that way! That isn't a real revelation to you is it? Or have you truly been hiding in a hole? Saying one thing while thinking another is a normal way of life for most people in this world! Or have you not been paying attention?

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
just because Troy Aikman (or anyone else) says something in public doesn't mean they actually think that way!

So what you're saying is, there's a great chance that you're actually a HUGE Tony Romo fan.

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by coach
he hasnt been able to prove crap since he got here...ill throw out numbers to back up my points all he wants to do is compare romo to john kitna...his football iq is very low.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen coach! The numbers will always set you free!!!!
:D :D :D

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
So what you're saying is, there's a great chance that you're actually a HUGE Tony Romo fan.

Dang! You are good.
But I don't consider this public. There is no accountability or personal responsibilty. This is anonymity at it's best!
The way I see it, anything that a professional public figure says is likely measured and tainted to provide the best public response possible. Someone who is dependant on the whims of the average Joe can normally be expected to at least give the impression of thinking like the average Joe. Of course there have some people that have made a career out of shocking the public. (See Charles Barkely). But even these indiividuals likely formulate their responses to gain the response they want even if it is the negative side.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure what it is I'm suppose to be proving to you. I have not disagreed with anything except to say that just because Troy Aikman (or anyone else) says something in public doesn't mean they actually think that way! That isn't a real revelation to you is it? Or have you truly been hiding in a hole? Saying one thing while thinking another is a normal way of life for most people in this world! Or have you not been paying attention?

ur taking a general statement and assuming Aikman is doing that

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM

And aren't you guys assuming the exact opposite? How does that make me any more wrong than you? And Aikman is one of the GOOD guys in my book!
Time to get off work. Talk to ya'll in the morning.

Pick6
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM

He's assuming that to try and make himself look better, which is impossible.

Maybe RM will bring back the picture of someone banging their head on the wall and he'll cry and leave again.

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
And aren't you guys assuming the exact opposite? How does that make me any more wrong than you? And Aikman is one of the GOOD guys in my book!
Time to get off work. Talk to ya'll in the morning.

Difference is..we are assuming off of actual statement. We are not reaching by trying to turn what he said into something else.

If you tell me the sky is blue, I am not going to assume your just saying that to make people happy

Farmersfan
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Difference is..we are assuming off of actual statement. We are not reaching by trying to turn what he said into something else.

If you tell me the sky is blue, I am not going to assume your just saying that to make people happy

Bad analogy TXB, you can simply look at the sky and know right away if I'm telling the truth or not! That would be proving a fact!

This debate is about whether Troy Aikman's stated OPINION about Tony Romo is more accurate than anyone elses. In the first place you have to decide if his educated opinion holds more wieght with you than the opinions of the 1000s of other people associated with the NFL who have had different opinions. But equally important is determining if Troy actually said what he really thinks or did he say what he thinks his fans want to hear?Neither of these is possible to prove as fact so no matter how much debate we have it cannot be solved. You chose to believe Troy because you agree with what he said! I chose to believe that Troy told you what you wanted to hear because it is the popular thing to say. He has repeatedly said that Tony needs to learn how to lead this team and that he needed to learn what it meant to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. I think Troy knows that is about as critical of the Cowboy's Superstar that he can get without there being major backlashes to his career and general popularity. But this is only my opinion!

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Bad analogy TXB, you can simply look at the sky and know right away if I'm telling the truth or not! That would be proving a fact!

This debate is about whether Troy Aikman's stated OPINION about Tony Romo is more accurate than anyone elses. In the first place you have to decide if his educated opinion holds more wieght with you than the opinions of the 1000s of other people associated with the NFL who have had different opinions. But equally important is determining if Troy actually said what he really thinks or did he say what he thinks his fans want to hear?Neither of these is possible to prove as fact so no matter how much debate we have it cannot be solved. You chose to believe Troy because you agree with what he said! I chose to believe that Troy told you what you wanted to hear because it is the popular thing to say. He has repeatedly said that Tony needs to learn how to lead this team and that he needed to learn what it meant to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys. I think Troy knows that is about as critical of the Cowboy's Superstar that he can get without there being major backlashes to his career and general popularity. But this is only my opinion!

So let me get this straight..you will believe what Troy says when he is critical of Romo, but then when he makes a positive comment you think he is just saying what fans want to hear

And I honestly dont think Troy gives two shakes about a backlash, and honestly think it is crazy to again ASSUME he would.

Farmersfan
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
So let me get this straight..you will believe what Troy says when he is critical of Romo, but then when he makes a positive comment you think he is just saying what fans want to hear

And I honestly dont think Troy gives two shakes about a backlash, and honestly think it is crazy to again ASSUME he would.

I'm not sure where you got all this TXB! Where did I say I believed anything Troy says is what he actually thinks? (negative or positive).

You work in the media TXB! Are you claiming that you always say exactly what is on your mind when you are on the air? ;)

Old LB
01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
What is truth, really? :thinking:

Farmersfan
01-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
What is truth, really? :thinking:

Especially when we are discussing a person's opinion. The "Truth" can change to fit whatever situation they are in. Politicians have made a art of this but are only a few steps ahead of most other public figures who must cultivate a certain public personality! Am I way off base on this?

Pick6
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
[B Am I way off base on this? [/B]

99.9% of the time you aren't even in the stadium.

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2011, 12:33 PM

You work in the media TXB! Are you claiming that you always say exactly what is on your mind when you are on the air? ;)

yep sure do

Tired ole Bobcat
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I say anybody that puts a lot of stock into what Troy speaks when he is in the broadcast booth only is forming an opinion based on a bad opinion. Troy was off base totally in the game he broadcast this past weekend by his expert color. I witnessed a lot of what he voiced was going on and the replays of each play showed he was full of his own opinion, completely incorrect. The Cowboys now have a new coach, lets give Romo a chance before he is dragged thru the mud. Let us see how he responds to Garrett and what he can achieve.

Farmersfan
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
99.9% of the time you aren't even in the stadium.

You still aren't smart enough to debate the issues are you? Simply attack the messenger instead of bringing anything constructive to the conversation! We all know your motives Nosepick! Go back into your hole and and we will talk to you again when you have the energy to hate on someone else while quoting scripture on your signature.

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
TXB--> http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9524/argued.gif <-- Farmersfan

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5809/footballs.gif

Farmersfan
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
I say anybody that puts a lot of stock into what Troy speaks when he is in the broadcast booth only is forming an opinion based on a bad opinion. Troy was off base totally in the game he broadcast this past weekend by his expert color. I witnessed a lot of what he voiced was going on and the replays of each play showed he was full of his own opinion, completely incorrect. The Cowboys now have a new coach, lets give Romo a chance before he is dragged thru the mud. Let us see how he responds to Garrett and what he can achieve.

I like Troy Aikman. I just don't think a wise person would use his opinion as proof of anything unless they could get that opinion in private and as a close friend. Otherwise it's just the opinion of someone who knows they are subject to political correctness views and any step too far in either direction could devastate their career. I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman is a totally different person in private than the dry, humorless guy we see on TV.

Tired ole Bobcat
01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
I guess in his on air position as a color commentator he has to promote a certain amount of controversy. I think he is a smart guy. I thought about the aspect of him being different in preson than as a media type. He certainly knows his football.

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
I like Troy Aikman. I just don't think a wise person would use his opinion as proof of anything unless they could get that opinion in private and as a close friend. Otherwise it's just the opinion of someone who knows they are subject to political correctness views and any step too far in either direction could devastate their career. I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman is a totally different person in private than the dry, humorless guy we see on TV.

so your basically saying...dont value any pundit?

Pick6
01-20-2011, 09:27 PM
You still aren't smart enough to debate the issues are you? Simply attack the messenger instead of bringing anything constructive to the conversation! We all know your motives Nosepick! Go back into your hole and and we will talk to you again when you have the energy to hate on someone else while quoting scripture on your signature.

you've heard the saying to not argue with an idiot? i choose to not debate one either.

Farmersfan
01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
you've heard the saying to not argue with an idiot? i choose to not debate one either.

And yet you will sit in your hole and call names!!!! Classic! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pick6
01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
And yet you will sit in your hole and call names!!!! Classic! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just calling a spade a spade. Learn to handle the truth.

Farmersfan
01-21-2011, 09:58 AM
so your basically saying...dont value any pundit?

Value is a subjective term TXB! And in reality do we really value the pundits or is it what the pundits say? Aren't we valuing a image?

Farmersfan
01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Just calling a spade a spade. Learn to handle the truth.

And most people outgrew that is the second grade. Someday perhaps you will catch up! Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

Pick6
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM
And most people outgrew that is the second grade. Someday perhaps you will catch up! Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

Most people do what, learn how to handle the truth after the 2nd grade? So you're not at the 2nd grade level yet? We're not surprised you're not.