PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood

Bullaholic
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Been a while since anybody posted up the "B-Word", so I did...

How many football players on the basketball team? And this is a serious question, and not intended as a "dig". Brownwood had a lot of good athletes and I was just wondering how they transitioned to basketball and if so, how well they are doing.

95mustang
01-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Been a while since anybody posted up the "B-Word", so I did...

How many football players on the basketball team? And this is a serious question, and not intended as a "dig". Brownwood had a lot of good athletes and I was just wondering how they transitioned to basketball and if so, how well they are doing.

They are doing okay. I don't keep up as much with basketball as I should, but I know Graylon and Longoria both play basketball.

bwdlionfan
01-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
They are doing okay. I don't keep up as much with basketball as I should, but I know Graylon and Longoria both play basketball.

I think they lost their district opener to Big Spring.

Bullaholic
01-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm guessing Shipley is not playing probably due to risk of injury prior to heading to UT? We know he can jump...

bwdlionfan
01-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm guessing Shipley is not playing probably due to risk of injury prior to heading to UT? We know he can jump...

I'm not positive but I don't think Shipley played last year... he may just not be much in to basketball.

cr180t
01-18-2011, 05:59 PM
He did not play last year. Is very talented in Track

hollywood
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Brown and Longoria both are good bball players.

Shipley is training hard in preps for next Fall to help improve the Longhorns receiving dept.

50 yard line fan
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
They beat #20 Midland Greenwood last night by 17 I think.

Old LB
01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
They have been playing some bigger schools trying to prepare for district play. They brought back an old coach from the past, has 600 plus wins I believe. I am not a basketball fan but sounds like they are trying hard to improve and compete with the better programs.

ccmom
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm looking forward to Tuesday night!!

Our girls went undefeated in district through the first go around, but Brownwood definitely made it interesting that first time. I am expecting another good game.

The boys won a thriller in Snyder last night to go to 2-0 in district. I'm sure Brownwood will be looking to shake up the district race on Tuesday. It should be a fun night!! :clap:

Ranger Mom
01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 50 yard line fan
They beat #20 Midland Greenwood last night by 17 I think.

What???

Greenwood is ranked in something??:eek:

bwdlionfan
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What???

Greenwood is ranked in something??:eek:

They might not be next week lol

ccmom
01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Congrats to the Wylie boys and girls on defeating Brownwood tonight. :clap:

The girls game was an intense one as expected that came down to Wylie winning by one after Brownwood had two free throws with no time on the clock. Great game! :clap: Oh and that Vacarro freshman girl is something else!

The boys game surprised me. The Brownwood boys are far less impressive than last season. I guess they graduated more kids from last year than I realized. Graylon Brown was of course very good but he didn't get much help. Is there anything Brown can't do? I've seen him play football, basketball and baseball and he is great at all 3. Good luck to him in whatever road he takes. :clap:

Old LB
01-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Congrats to the Wylie boys and girls on defeating Brownwood tonight. :clap:

The girls game was an intense one as expected that came down to Wylie winning by one after Brownwood had two free throws with no time on the clock. Great game! :clap: Oh and that Vacarro freshman girl is something else!

The boys game surprised me. The Brownwood boys are far less impressive than last season. I guess they graduated more kids from last year than I realized. Graylon Brown was of course very good but he didn't get much help. Is there anything Brown can't do? I've seen him play football, basketball and baseball and he is great at all 3. Good luck to him in whatever road he takes. :clap:

The Vacarro freshman is Kenny Vacarro's little sister and she has a twin, they are both very good atheletes. Must be in the genes.

ccmom
01-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
The Vacarro freshman is Kenny Vacarro's little sister and she has a twin, they are both very good atheletes. Must be in the genes. Yes I heard they both play softball and I look forward to watching them!

Heffelfinger
01-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Did Jaxon Shipley graduate early?

RoyceTTU
01-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
Did Jaxon Shipley graduate early?

No he didn't. He wanted to stay on for Track Season. He was very successful last year and has set some very steep personal goals for this upcoming track season.

Heffelfinger
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Interesting. Heard otherwise from Bwood folks. Just wanted to confirm.

BEAST
01-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Jaxon was not going to graduate early. He was going to stay for track. However, he had already completed his requirments to graduate. So, when the second semester rolled around, he was going to have to take a full load of 7 classes he had either already taken, or didnt want to take. He decided to go ahead and graduate early. He is still here in town and working out very hard with his brother who has moved here. Jordan is putting him through NFL workouts to get him ready for UT.

BEAST

ccmom
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Jaxon was not going to graduate early. He was going to stay for track. However, he had already completed his requirments to graduate. So, when the second semester rolled around, he was going to have to take a full load of 7 classes he had either already taken, or didnt want to take. He decided to go ahead and graduate early. He is still here in town and working out very hard with his brother who has moved here. Jordan is putting him through NFL workouts to get him ready for UT.

BEAST

I can't even imagine the pride Coach Shipley and his wife have for those boys...not only because of their amazing athletic accomplishments and abilities but because from everything I have heard they are both great young men. That's awesome! :clap:

bobcat1
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I can't even imagine the pride Coach Shipley and his wife have for those boys...not only because of their amazing athletic accomplishments and abilities but because from everything I have heard they are both great young men. That's awesome! :clap: :ditto: :2thumbsup

RoyceTTU
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

That's weird on the scheduling. My senior year I had only 3 classes my last semester. And that's all I took. 2 of them were for college credit. I guess some of the rules have changed since then.

BEAST
01-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
That's weird on the scheduling. My senior year I had only 3 classes my last semester. And that's all I took. 2 of them were for college credit. I guess some of the rules have changed since then.

Yea my senior year was like yours. However, he had completed everything by December. I still need a few classes. Anyway, it a shame. Hes very fun to watch in track.

BEAST

Heffelfinger
01-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me.