PDA

View Full Version : NFL Conference Championships

Bullaholic
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
AFC: Sunday Jan. 23 6:30pm ET, CBS

New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC: Sunday Jan, 23 3:00pm ET, FOX

Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears

No sissy teams left---all (4) of these teams are "hit em' in the mouth" first teams and these games will be head knockers. Both will come down to who blocks and tackles the best and makes the fewest accidental or forced mistakes.

I like the Steelers by 7 in the AFC--Big Ben & Co. just seem to find a way to claw out a victory in tough games.

I like the Packers by 14 in the NFC--Nobody playing the game at any higher level than Aaron Rodgers and his receivers right now--plus they have a fast, aggressive defense.

Eagle 1
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I really don't care for any of the teams left, but I guess I will root for the under dog Chicago Bears.
The Steelers are already one up on the Cowboys when it comes to Super Bowl wins, so I don't want them to win.
Green Bay is playing the best football of all four teams, but I don't like their claim as "Title Town", when they have not won as many Super Bowls as the Cowboys or Steelers.
The Jets are starting to peak at the right time, but they are just one of them teams that I don't care for.
That only leaves Chicago. The lesser of four evils I guess.
No matter which teams go to the SB, I just wont be as excited this year.
Plus the fact that the SB is being played in Dallas and I don't have tickets. :(

Third
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
The Steelers are already one up on the Cowboys when it comes to Super Bowl wins, so I don't want them to win.(

If they make it to the SB, they'll also have passed Dallas in playoff victories. I think they're both tied at 32 right now.

Yoe_09
01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Pittsburgh by 3
Chicago by 14

bobcat1
01-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm taking the Packers and Jets in the Superbowl. I like both team's defence. The Packers have a better offense but may not get as many touches and when they do they have to pass into the Jets defensive backfield. Should be a heck of a game.

Red&White_9x5
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I am going with the Steelers simply because I can not stand the NY Jets. I will take the Bears at home. GB is playing better than anyone right now in the NFL, but I will go with the Bears at home in a rivalry game. Going to be a smash mouth game for sure

Phil C
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't really care who wins now. I just hope we get to see two good close games.

Bullaholic
01-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't really care who wins now. I just hope we get to see two good close games.

You wouldn't feel that way if this was the Tour d'France or a Chess Tournament, Phil....

Show some interest and some compassion! :mad:

pirate4state
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Bears-v-Jets

No way do I want to see the Steelers or the Packers hoist the trophy at Cowboy stadium! :hand: