PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 08:49 AM
When the Pats were winning their SBs it was by a solid D, and an offense that was good, but did not fling it around as much...since Brady has become the true focal point of the offense they are 4-5 in the play offs and 0-3 last 3 play off games in a row

So how good is Brady really? At one point people were saying he might finish as the greatest QB of all time or at least top 5.

Gsquared
01-17-2011, 09:14 AM
The NFL is all media hype. If your winning the cameras are pointed on you and you are considered possibly the greatest of all time or a certain era. I think Tom Brady is good but the NFL media frenzy has pumped him up to a bunch of NFL fans who have little true knowlege of football. The average NFL fan is like an infant with developing brains. Media etc.. can fill thier brains with truth or crap but either way, they will buy it and accept it as a reality.

Tired ole Bobcat
01-17-2011, 09:18 AM
There is an old saying for the media in this case...garbage in, garbage out.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
The NFL is all media hype. If your winning the cameras are pointed on you and you are considered possibly the greatest of all time or a certain era. I think Tom Brady is good but the NFL media frenzy has pumped him up to a bunch of NFL fans who have little true knowlege of football. The average NFL fan is like an infant with developing brains. Media etc.. can fill thier brains with truth or crap but either way, they will buy it and accept it as a reality.

ur media :D

Gsquared
01-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ur media :D
:eek:

bobcat1
01-17-2011, 09:57 AM
ur media :D As are you. :D

Bullaholic
01-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
As are you. :D

Thas wuz funnie....:D

Tejastrue
01-17-2011, 10:07 AM
When the Pats were winning their SBs it was by a solid D, and an offense that was good, but did not fling it around as much...since Brady has become the true focal point of the offense they are 4-5 in the play offs and 0-3 last 3 play off games in a row

So how good is Brady really? At one point people were saying he might finish as the greatest QB of all time or at least top 5.

The guy is very good. Still need a solid defense to be a winning SB QB. Ask Dan Marino (considered one of the greatest) or Fran Tarkenton. Still, IMO, he's not in the top five.

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
...lost; how and why is irrelevant.

Tejastrue
01-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
...lost; how and why is irrelevant.

How so? :confused:

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
As are you. :D

LOL true, but I did not rail agianst the NFL media like G did

Eagle 1
01-17-2011, 12:00 PM

I think he is still a great qb, but the Jets defense done a good job of making him look bad yesterday.
The Pats no longer have a deep threat receiver so it was easier for the Jets to play coverage. Most of the sacks to Brady or pressure throws were due to great pass coverage by the Jets.
In my opinion, Brady is the best passing qb in the NFL right now.
You are right, they need a better defense. I also think they need a deep threat receiver (like they had with Moss).

sinton66
01-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with Brady. Joe Montana couldn't have done any better last night if he spent as much time on his back as Brady did. The best QB in the world will look bad when his line can't protect him and his receivers can't snag a pass that hits them in the hands.

Phil C
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't think there's anything wrong with Brady. Joe Montana couldn't have done any better last night if he spent as much time on his back as Brady did. The best QB in the world will look bad when his line can't protect him and his receivers can't snag a pass that hits them in the hands.

Blocking is important. The lack of it caused Colt's injury and probably UT an NC.

Phil C
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
The great former NFL QB Norm Van Brocklin in one of his books said that besides the natural gifts and talent a QB must have three things to be effective: 1. Blocking - he must have time to find his receivers 2. Receivers - he must have receivers who can get open quickly and catch the ball and 3. A good running game - this takes the pressure off the passing.

I also think it takes a good defense to help get you in good field position and keep the opponents from scoring as well as bail you out when you throw that occassional pass interception.

Also good specialy teams which involves field goal kicking, kickoffs and punts whether receiving or kicking. They need to do good jobs.

Heck, I might as well now say that he needs everything! :)

eagles_victory
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Brady is a great Qb seems a little arbitrary to just pick a time and say he was the focal point of the offense and this is his record since then. Reminds me of g$$ saying the modern era started in 75 just because since that date A&M has won more games in the series than Texas. He isn't the greatest of all time but he is certainly top ten he has done more with less than most quarterbacks.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Brady is a great Qb seems a little arbitrary to just pick a time and say he was the focal point of the offense and this is his record since then. Reminds me of g$$ saying the modern era started in 75 just because since that date A&M has won more games in the series than Texas. ].

LOL ahh a G$$ reference..I miss him

Reason I said it was...in 01, 03 and 04..those are 3 of his lowest attempted passes in a full season

In 05 they started throwing more( he threw a ton in 02 when they did not make the play offs)

In his SB winning teams he never threw over 3600 yards. Since those he has thrown for at least 4000 in every healthy season..that is why I sad it like that

bobcat1
01-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Brady is a great Qb seems a little arbitrary to just pick a time and say he was the focal point of the offense and this is his record since then. Reminds me of g$$ saying the modern era started in 75 just because since that date A&M has won more games in the series than Texas. He isn't the greatest of all time but he is certainly top ten he has done more with less than most quarterbacks. Arbitrary? TXB? :D

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Arbitrary? TXB? :D

u need to shut it :D :D

bobcat1
01-17-2011, 08:51 PM
u need to shut it :D :D http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6794/smileylaughing024.gif http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6794/smileylaughing024.gif http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6794/smileylaughing024.gif

eagles_victory
01-18-2011, 12:50 AM
LOL ahh a G$$ reference..I miss him

Reason I said it was...in 01, 03 and 04..those are 3 of his lowest attempted passes in a full season

In 05 they started throwing more( he threw a ton in 02 when they did not make the play offs)

In his SB winning teams he never threw over 3600 yards. Since those he has thrown for at least 4000 in every healthy season..that is why I sad it like that I see what you're getting at but I don't really see how that makes your case. I don't think that discredits his playoff success.

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2011, 01:18 AM
I see what you're getting at but I don't really see how that makes your case. I don't think that discredits his playoff success.

Never tried to discredit his play off success..what I asked was..Is Brady as good as people think? When the team was built to be more about defense and a solid running game they won SBs, when the team became more about Brady and the passing game they have not won a SB nor been that good in the play offs

Saggy Aggie
01-18-2011, 01:30 AM

So how good is Brady really? At one point people were saying he might finish as the greatest QB of all time or at least top 5. I mean, he did throw 50 td's in a season...

Farmersfan
01-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Never tried to discredit his play off success..what I asked was..Is Brady as good as people think? When the team was built to be more about defense and a solid running game they won SBs, when the team became more about Brady and the passing game they have not won a SB nor been that good in the play offs

In my opinion Brady is possibly even better than people claim TX! He does more with less around him than any other QB in the NFL. (except maybe Manning). He played a poor game against the Jets and his support cast seemed to be stuck in 1st gear. I'm thinking they had a bad case of lay-off hangovers. Brady had a QB rating over 100 in 9 out of the last 10 games with only 4 ints the entire season but only managed a 89 rating against the Jets this week.
The thing that bothers me the worst about all this is the actions by the Jets after the game. The arrogance and immature attitude of those players has to reflect Rex Ryan! Somebody needs to inform those bozos that any "disrespect" that was given to the Jets before this game was earned by their talk and their actions!!!! I picked the Jets vs the Cowboys in the Superbowl before the season started but I would love to see the Jets get their much needed dose of humility next week against the Steelers! A 40 point beat down would make my week!!!

waterboy
01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
I think the Steelers will beat the Jets, but not by much. I think it'll be the Steelers and Packers in the Super Bowl. As for Brady, I think he is definitely one of the top 5 QBs in the game today. I don't care who you are, a dominating defensive performance will make ANY QB look bad at times. Sunday wasn't a good day for Brady, nor the rest of the Patriot team. The Jets had a superior game plan, and executed it to near perfection. The Patriots simply got beat out, and beat down.:D

Farmersfan
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think the Steelers will beat the Jets, but not by much. I think it'll be the Steelers and Packers in the Super Bowl. As for Brady, I think he is definitely one of the top 5 QBs in the game today. I don't care who you are, a dominating defensive performance will make ANY QB look bad at times. Sunday wasn't a good day for Brady, nor the rest of the Patriot team. The Jets had a superior game plan, and executed it to near perfection. The Patriots simply got beat out, and beat down.:D

Give the Jets credit for certain but the Patriot's receivers dropped enough perfect passes to win that game by 14! And Brady had some uncharacteristic bad throws to open recievers. Even with the Greater than normal performances by many of the Jets players the Patriots only lost by 7 points. Brady was under constant attack all day and still managed 21 points and a 89 QB rating. Not many QBs in this league could do that. (as we all know too well here in Dallas)!!!!

Txbroadcaster
01-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
In my opinion Brady is possibly even better than people claim TX! He does more with less around him than any other QB in the NFL. (except maybe Manning). He played a poor game against the Jets and his support cast seemed to be stuck in 1st gear. I'm thinking they had a bad case of lay-off hangovers. Brady had a QB rating over 100 in 9 out of the last 10 games with only 4 ints the entire season but only managed a 89 rating against the Jets this week.

I agree this year he did not have a ton around him..I dont in past years.

As far as Brady and the play offs..these are his QB rating last 9 play off games

reverse order starting yesterday

89, 43, 82, 66, 141, 79, 57, 101 and 74

in fact his play off rating has a whole is 85( not TERRIBLE..but not great)..but is 10 points below his average

coach
01-18-2011, 12:35 PM
his first super bowl win will be tainted forever in my eyes

Eagle 1
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Bling Bling.....not many qb's in the NFL can say that today. ;)

coach
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
The thing that bothers me the worst about all this is the actions by the Jets after the game. The arrogance and immature attitude of those players has to reflect Rex Ryan! Somebody needs to inform those bozos that any "disrespect" that was given to the Jets before this game was earned by their talk and their actions!!!! I picked the Jets vs the Cowboys in the Superbowl before the season started but I would love to see the Jets get their much needed dose of humility next week against the Steelers! A 40 point beat down would make my week!!!

they only did that bc the patriots were talking crap in that 42 3 drubbing earlier this year. the pats are the crookedest franchise in sports right now. They have been caught with illegal video tapes and there is a video that has surfaced that the pats tried the sideline trip on the gunner in week 2.

themsu97
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Problem is Brady gets too much credit since the Patriots have won 3 SB's, I think that is a bad measure since Marino did not win any and he was excellent if not the best...

Brady is good but most people do not like him since it seems that everytime he or Manning get hit it is a penalty or they make a rule because of him... the famous tuck rule and of course now hitting a qb at the knees, ...

I go back to the year that Brady was out and the Patriots went 11-5 without him.... they did not make the playoffs but still 11-5 is impressive...
as much as I hate to say it, because I do not like Bellichick, it more because of Bill than Tom

DaHop72
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
The thing that bothers me the worst about all this is the actions by the Jets after the game. The arrogance and immature attitude of those players has to reflect Rex Ryan! Somebody needs to inform those bozos that any "disrespect" that was given to the Jets before this game was earned by their talk and their actions!!!! I picked the Jets vs the Cowboys in the Superbowl before the season started but I would love to see the Jets get their much needed dose of humility next week against the Steelers! A 40 point beat down would make my week!!! And I guess Deion Branch's antics on the sideline during the game was pure class.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by coach
they only did that bc the patriots were talking crap in that 42 3 drubbing earlier this year. the pats are the crookedest franchise in sports right now. They have been caught with illegal video tapes and there is a video that has surfaced that the pats tried the sideline trip on the gunner in week 2. :clap: :clap: And check out Tom and Bellychecks playoff records since then, guess they don't do as well without those tapes.:D

eagles_victory
01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
THis is just typical of this place if you an athlete is liked or a team is liked people try to skew things in their favor. If they are disliked people are constantly trying to rain on their parade so to speak. It is what it is Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowls 2 League MVP's. At some point numbers and facts don't lie the guy can play rather you like him or not.

Trashman
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
The Jets made Tom Brady look more like Greg Brady, IMO.:D

Farmersfan
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And I guess Deion Branch's antics on the sideline during the game was pure class.:rolleyes:

Not classy at all of Branch! but Branches antics were the result of hearing all week long how they better not go after Rivas. Rex Ryan and Rivas both talked smack all week about how the Patriots better not go to his man. Rivas was covering Branch when Branch made that play. All he did was remind the Jets that they just went after Rivas and was successful. And I don't approve of any of the antics by the Patriots and have never been a Pats fan but all the antics by the Patriots after the 44 point beat down was due to the constant arrogant acts by the Jets. The Patriots normally don't do things like that. In fact Wes Welkers was not allowed to start because he opened his mouth last week about the Jets after the coach told them to not do so! I also think Bill Bellichek is a crooked coach and will do anything (legal or illegal) to win a game. But you can't argue his success or Brady's success.

Farmersfan
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
The Jets made Tom Brady look more like Greg Brady, IMO.:D

Makes me want to ask the question why the D-backs for the Jets can get away with being the most physical D-backs in the league with all the holding and hitting after 5 yards but the Cowboy's D-backs get called for holding or interference if they just look at the receiver wrong??? I saw more holding by the Jets in this game than I have ever seen in a Cowboys game yet they were hardly ever called. Seems to me there is quite a bit of double standard going on.

TheDOCTORdre
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Makes me want to ask the question why the D-backs for the Jets can get away with being the most physical D-backs in the league with all the holding and hitting after 5 yards but the Cowboy's D-backs get called for holding or interference if they just look at the receiver wrong??? I saw more holding by the Jets in this game than I have ever seen in a Cowboys game yet they were hardly ever called. Seems to me there is quite a bit of double standard going on.

very true, on that same not Pittsburgh's D has been known to get the same rough treatment from the officials as the Boys, I wonder how the refs will call the game this weekend

Trashman
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM

I agree. I saw more questionable officiating this year than ever before.:thinking:

coach
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
with all this being said i would put tom in my top 5 of all time

Eagle 1
01-18-2011, 07:00 PM
The thing I like about Brady is the way he stands TALL in the pocket and looks for open receivers. He has the ball cocked and ready to fire. Like him or not, he does have great qb mechanics.

http://www.usaplayers.com/images/news/tom-brady1.jpg

http://www.nflpassers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/alg_tom_brady.jpg

popcorn
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
patriots=cheaters

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by popcorn
patriots=cheaters

I'm not a Patriots fan but isn't this a lot like denouncing a college team that gets punished for recruiting violations? Every team does it but we only condemn the ones that get caught!

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm not a Patriots fan but isn't this a lot like denouncing a college team that gets punished for recruiting violations? Every team does it but we only condemn the ones that get caught!

I dont think every team does what the Pats did

Farmersfan
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I dont think every team does what the Pats did

Seriously? You don't think every NFL team violates certain league rules to gain an advantage? Perhaps not this exact rule but others. Illegal contact with Free Agents? Bonuses or payments under the table to avoid Salary Cap issues? Not disclosing injuries as required by the league? The list is very long of rules and regualations that are meant to keep a level playing field. It is the job of the Owners, GM's and Coaches to tilt that playing field in their advantage. It might be pessimistic of me but I would bet that they all do it in some form or fashion.