PDA

View Full Version : Paris opening

catgut
01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
I've heard the rumor that there were around 130 applications and that interviews will begin next week but not one solid name has surfaced. Has anyone heard any names that are in the interviews?

Bull's-eye
01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
For some strange reason, thought this was a thread about something new in France or Paris Hilton. :doh:

Ernest T Bass
01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Keep hearing Barry Bowman(again) for this one. Supposedly the reason he turned down Jasper.

catgut
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
He would be a good one. I've also heard rumors of Irving Nimitz coach but so far only rumors.

catgut
01-17-2011, 09:54 PM
These names are listed in the newspaper as finalist for the job. Some great candidates here!

Brent Graham DC Sherman
Steven Hohenberger HC Irvin Nimitz
Joe Drennon HC Mineola
Jack Alvarez HC Kirbyville
Danny Russell DC Garland
Danny Bowman HC Daingerfield

Anyone know any of these guys?

coach
01-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by catgut
These names are listed in the newspaper as finalist for the job. Some great candidates here!

Brent Graham DC Sherman
Joe Drennon HC Mineola
Danny Russell DC Garland

Alverez has some recent success. I go to school with his son. And Im pretty sure he was in the running for the Jasper job.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
It is not Danny Bowman, but Barry Bowman

orange machine
01-17-2011, 10:01 PM

Brent Graham DC Sherman
Joe Drennon HC Mineola
Danny Russell DC Garland

You don't want Brent Graham he destroyed Tom Beans program in the 6 months he was there.

catgut
01-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by coach
Alverez has some recent success. I go to school with his son. And Im pretty sure he was in the running for the Jasper job. I thought Kibrbyville has been strong. Why would he want to leave there?

coach
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I thought Kibrbyville has been strong. Why would he want to leave there?

im not for sure but isnt paris a border line 4a 3a school, whereas kirbyville is back and forth between 3a and 2a.

i would guess he wants to move up to the bext level, but then again i have no idea why he wants to move, but it seems to me he wants out, bc this is the second time i have seen his name come up twice in the past month

catgut
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes, we're a large 3A. I believe our enrollment is little over 900

Ernest T Bass
01-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Hohenberger suprises me. Guess he's ready to trade in the big bucks for a chance to win some big games. Lots of talent in Paris, but hard to get it all on the same page.
Joe Drennon would be a good one, as would Danny Russell.
Brent Graham...I remember when he first got the Tom Bean job. He was quoted in the paper as saying something about how he was going to outcoach all those 2a coaches...on his way to an 0-10 season.
Hope they leave Gene Stallings out of it, this time.

catgut
01-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Hohenberger suprises me. Guess he's ready to trade in the big bucks for a chance to win some big games. Lots of talent in Paris, but hard to get it all on the same page.
Joe Drennon would be a good one, as would Danny Russell.
Brent Graham...I remember when he first got the Tom Bean job. He was quoted in the paper as saying something about how he was going to outcoach all those 2a coaches...on his way to an 0-10 season.
Hope they leave Gene Stallings out of it, this time.
Only school administrators on committee this time. Hohenberger is from Paris. Went to North Lamar in high school. I've heard he wants to raise his kids in place like Paris. Don't see how he can compete with Bowman or Alvarez though.

Ernest T Bass
01-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Only school administrators on committee this time. Hohenberger is from Paris. Went to North Lamar in high school. I've heard he wants to raise his kids in place like Paris. Don't see how he can compete with Bowman or Alvarez though.
Good! Stallings took much more than he added.
Steve's found a way to make chicken salad out of alternative materials at Nimitz. They have been 100% outmanned in every single game he's coached there, and they've managed to get into the post season in 2 of his 4 years as HC. Athletically, they'd have trouble in most 4a districts.
Alvarez I agree with. Kirbyville was a consistant cellar dweller prior to his arrival.
Bowman...I think he's 19-31 as a HC with normal kids(outside of Daingerfield). But, no coach wins without athletes. Never met him, either. So, I can't say much else.
Drennon and Russell should get serious consideration as well.

catgut
01-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Good! Stallings took much more than he added.
Steve's found a way to make chicken salad out of alternative materials at Nimitz. They have been 100% outmanned in every single game he's coached there, and they've managed to get into the post season in 2 of his 4 years as HC. Athletically, they'd have trouble in most 4a districts.
Alvarez I agree with. Kirbyville was a consistant cellar dweller prior to his arrival.
Bowman...I think he's 19-31 as a HC with normal kids(outside of Daingerfield). But, no coach wins without athletes. Never met him, either. So, I can't say much else.
Drennon and Russell should get serious consideration as well.
What can you tell me about Drennon and Russell?

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Drennon has had some success with limited resources at Mildred and at Mineola. Solid football guy.
Russell would be cutting his teeth as a HC, but dude can coach some defense. Would bring in some good guys too, Im sure.
Both are outstanding men.

catgut
01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure what kind of coach he is, but I do know that Hohenbergers DC is also from Paris. Enneyabbi went to North Lamar about the same time as Hohenberger. Whoever gets this job will need an AC and a DC.

tog
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Hohenberger knows football better than most. He would be a good one for them.

Lucky2Coach
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Drennon has had some success with limited resources at Mildred and at Mineola. Solid football guy.
Russell would be cutting his teeth as a HC, but dude can coach some defense. Would bring in some good guys too, Im sure.
Both are outstanding men.

I have never been impressed with Garland's defenses. With the type of talent they recruit to that school,
I think they are big underachievers.
Hohenberger has done a lot with very limited talent. Coached against him twice, and I thought he got the very most out of his kids.