PDA

View Full Version : Gatornalysis

gatordaze
01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Let me begin by saying that no football, a sick wife, and a new iMac 27" I got for Christmas results in an over analyzed and yet visually demonstrative downlow post!

In an earlier thread about your thoughts on 2011 that was completely jacked by Bobcats, the question of returning talent was posed.

This and nothing else to do put me in Gatornalysis mode...

Although this years Bobcat team came to an early demise, the O was a Juggernaut similar to the great Celina teams of yore. The hallowed names of Charlie and Troy were evoked and the debate around studliness got my curiosity peaked.

In spite of the aerial display that may have been our demise last year, the Bobcats were, are, and will always be about pounding the rock! If you were to guess which rushing attack was the more dominant between the 2010 Bobcats and the State Champion 2007 Bobcats with Charlie and Troy you might think that Batman and Robin would win hands down.

But wait, in their Junior Year the dynamic duo toted the rock for a combined 361 carries and 2,884 yards and 46 rushing TD's. The 2010 trio of Jmar, Mendoza, and Jose pretty evenly carried the load for 310 carries and 2,651 yards and 40 Rushing TD's.

Now you may say wait Gator that math still makes 2007 the rock toten' winner... not so fast my friend, that was over 16 wondrous games v. 11.5 games and a half game that I still can't believe.

The average performance is as follows:

2007 Per game rushing production from "the backs" was 22.5 cpg, 180.25 ypg, 2.875 TD's pg or a rushing TD for every 8.18 carries.
2010 Per game rushing production from "the trio" was 25.91 cpg, 223.41 ypg, 3.3 TD's pg or a TD for every 7.85 carries.

So what does that have to do with returning talent? Lets compare them as Juniors...

Charlie, 230 att, 1746 yds, 7.5 ypc, 33 TD's, touches per TD = 6.9
Troy, 131 att, 1138 yds, 8.24 ypc, 13 TD's, touches per TD = 10.7
Jamarick, 119 att, 1021 yds, 8.58 ypc, 18 TD's, touches per TD = 6.6

The net net is that if Jamarick turns out to be anywhere near as good as Charlie or Troy was their junior or senior years, and given the quality of the line next year, then Celina is not void of returning skill talent and 2011 may be just another reload.

Feast your eyes on Jamarick's season of TD's in 4 minutes! (the visual part I referenced)

Jamarick Simmons 2010 Rushing TD's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQtlIdffAw0)

PS> I am a huge Charlie and Troy fan and they are STUDS by any measure!

orange machine
01-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Again for the record I did not mean any Ill intent agains Charlie or Troy they were amazing players I was just saying that although they were not d1 players they had some really good lineman blocking for them and I believe that with an awesome oline coming down the pipe this year we shouldn't have to have any stud runningbacks.

orange machine
01-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Jamark looks awesome in the video!

bobcat1
01-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Good job Gator. Looks like a great year for the run coming up.

gomeangreen
01-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Good job Gator. Looks like a great year for the run coming up.

Bobcat--I am impressed with your comment--great thinking--THE RUN IS WHAT CELINA IS AND ALWAYS WAS ABOUT---not 25 passes per game

bobcat1
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by gomeangreen
Bobcat--I am impressed with your comment--great thinking--THE RUN IS WHAT CELINA IS AND ALWAYS WAS ABOUT---not 25 passes per game Actually it is two fold. The running game and the run for 9.:D

sandbagger
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Let me begin by saying that no football, a sick wife, and a new iMac 27" I got for Christmas results in an over analyzed and yet visually demonstrative downlow post!

In an earlier thread about your thoughts on 2011 that was completely jacked by Bobcats, the question of returning talent was posed.

Although this years Bobcat team came to an early demise, the O was a Juggernaut similar to the great Celina teams of yore. The hallowed names of Charlie and Troy were evoked and the debate around studliness got my curiosity peaked.

In spite of the aerial display that may have been our demise last year, the Bobcats were, are, and will always be about pounding the rock! If you were to guess which rushing attack was the more dominant between the 2010 Bobcats and the State Champion 2007 Bobcats with Charlie and Troy you might think that Batman and Robin would win hands down.

But wait, in their Junior Year the dynamic duo toted the rock for a combined 361 carries and 2,884 yards and 46 rushing TD's. The 2010 trio of Jmar, Mendoza, and Jose pretty evenly carried the load for 310 carries and 2,651 yards and 40 Rushing TD's.

Now you may say wait Gator that math still makes 2007 the rock toten' winner... not so fast my friend, that was over 16 wondrous games v. 11.5 games and a half game that I still can't believe.

2007 Per game rushing production from "the backs" was 22.5 cpg, 180.25 ypg, 2.875 TD's pg or a rushing TD for every 8.18 carries.
2010 Per game rushing production from "the trio" was 25.91 cpg, 223.41 ypg, 3.3 TD's pg or a TD for every 7.85 carries.

So what does that have to do with returning talent? Lets compare them as Juniors...

The net net is that if Jamarick turns out to be anywhere near as good as Charlie or Troy was their junior or senior years, and given the quality of the line next year, then Celina is not void of returning skill talent and 2011 may be just another reload.

Feast your eyes on Jamarick's season of TD's in 4 minutes! (the visual part I referenced)

PS> I am a huge Charlie and Troy fan and they are STUDS by any measure! So what your saying is celina is the same ole celina but most everybody else has gotten better.

marler1972
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

PS> I am a huge Charlie and Troy fan and they are STUDS by any measure!

While that looks good, you are forgeting one thing and that is the schedule. This years district was really really weak. I am in no way saying Jamarick is not a very good player.

orange machine
01-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
While that looks good, you are forgeting one thing and that is the schedule. This years district was really really weak. I am in no way saying Jamarick is not a very good player.
You know it's hard to blame things on a weak schedule. When Celina was playing in 2a there dist. Schedule consisted of weak teams as well S&S, Aubrey, Gunter, Prosper, Pilot Point the only team that was good back in those days was Pilot Point, Gunter was an Avg. team, but S&S, Prosper and Aubrey were awful. There is one team I'm for getting that was in tgat dist. The moral of the story is that the schedule didn't hurt Celina then cause they won many titles in a awful dist. so it shouldn't hurt now.