PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Softball 2010

Football DAD
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Anybody heard about our softball team? Will they make the playoffs this year? Just throwing it out there, let's kick it around.

Football DAD
01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry about that I meant 2011?

Football DAD
01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
No takers. I think we'll have a really good team this year. Only spot we have to fill is 2nd Base, 3rd Base and a couple of outfield positions. We have two really good pitchers. Catcher is sound and so is 1st base. Also have a really good left fielder returning also. Some of the girls played a little summer ball this past summer. I heard that there is a couple of freshmen that might surprise people.

XMan
01-15-2011, 11:44 PM
I have a question. Is it true that the softball players have to go to offseason volleyball before they go to softball practice after school??? I have been told this insane story and cant believe its true. Please tell me I have been lied to.

MJMbrahmas10
01-16-2011, 02:43 AM
Shut up please

And i think they will have a chance to go to playoffs. They didn't loose many seniors. I think only 2. Heard the sister combo of pitcher catcher was pretty good. And also heard good things about hvlinka(sp) I believe she missed most of district last year due to and injury

Football DAD
01-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Ok, I knew somebody would finally come aboard. Yes, your right about the pitcher and catcher. An the other is really good also. I believe she broke here ankle or something last year thats why she missed the rest of the season. She and the other pitcher split duties as shortstop. Like I said before, need a 2nd Base and 3rd Base player.

XMan
01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
So, is that a yes or a no??????

duckhunter
01-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Didn't she break her ankle by doing sliding drills on the gym floor?

Also noticed the field has a new fence. One that is rounded and looks to have a 90 degree angle in center. Maybe that's a new fad in softball or something?

MJMbrahmas10
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
To tell u the truth xman it's probably a yes. And I believe she was doin slidin drills on carboard

Football DAD
01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes, that true. Sliding drills in the gym. That really cost us a good player. That really hurt us, because she doubles as SS when not pitching. Our infield was really hurt, especially 3rd and 2nd bases.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
Didn't she break her ankle by doing sliding drills on the gym floor?

Also noticed the field has a new fence. One that is rounded and looks to have a 90 degree angle in center. Maybe that's a new fad in softball or something?

I also noticed the new fence was not rounded, First one I have seen that had not been round all the way.

Football DAD
01-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes, they need to work on the field. I know the coaches and players do a lot of work on the field. I don't know if any other school people work on it.

duckhunter
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
To tell u the truth xman it's probably a yes. And I believe she was doin slidin drills on carboard Sliding drills on a gym floor with cardboard. I don't know if Jennie finch would approve of that?.....it's easy to see why she broke her ankle

Football DAD
01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Hey, that didn't make to much sense to me either. But what can you do? Just counting down to the sense.

hookandladder
01-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Football DAD
Yes, they need to work on the field. I know the coaches and players do a lot of work on the field. I don't know if any other school people work on it.

With all of the success the softball team has had in the past, you would think there field could have had some upgrades by now. La Grange just spent over 2.5 million on a new baseball and softball fields a couple of years ago and they are awesome. Thanks to our new Super..

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
They play softball in Bellville? I thought girls had to either play volleyball or be in cheerleading, and that was it?
Do they have an inflatable, run though batting helmet?

Red Bull
01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I saw the new fence and thought that was odd. We are maybe working on a homefield advantage.

I don't expect much since the girls have to go to volleyball offseason first and slide on cardboard in the gym.

Too funny!

Football DAD
01-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't see bellville spending that much money on the softball field. But really do you need something that size? Your only playing the regulation field anyway.