PDA

View Full Version : What's your team looking like in the next few years?

Cam
01-14-2011, 06:38 PM
What are you most looking forward to in the coming years from your team?
Here's my take on my Burnet Bulldogs in the next few years:
Next year's varsity - will be a scrappy bunch as usual. Plenty of speed but no size. Leaders need to surface. Will be interesting to see what develops at the QB position with returning Newcomer-of-the-Year Weston Cozby and 6'3" soph. Nick Melvin. Also, there's a freshman QB (Kiser) who might make some noise. Great arm. The JV was semi-good, they'll need to step up to make a difference. Freshman Blaine Parisher looks like a stud at WR. Would not surprise to see him get moved up as a soph. One good thing about the freshmen last season was a very large roster. The 7th & 8th grade boys showed some promise. Speedster & track champ Brock Foster will be fun to watch. And, another Shipley is here. 6'3" Hanner. We'll see if the bloodlines mean anything. I know this is really premature. But the group that excites me the most are this year's 5th & 6th graders. Holy cow, there is some serious speed and size there. There's at least 15 kids (mostly linemen) who are giants already. Some could suit up on the sidelines with the varsity and no one would know these kids are only 11 or 12 years old! Let's just hope most of them stick with it and don't move away. In 3A, a good sized group of kids only comes along every once in awhile. I think this one is gonna be it for Burnet. And last but not least: That 1st grade group.......just kiddin'........

greendawg84
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Cam
What are you most looking forward to in the coming years from your team?
Here's my take on my Burnet Bulldogs in the next few years:
Next year's varsity - will be a scrappy bunch as usual. Plenty of speed but no size. Leaders need to surface. Will be interesting to see what develops at the QB position with returning Newcomer-of-the-Year Weston Cozby and 6'3" soph. Nick Melvin. Also, there's a freshman QB (Kiser) who might make some noise. Great arm. The JV was semi-good, they'll need to step up to make a difference. Freshman Blaine Parisher looks like a stud at WR. Would not surprise to see him get moved up as a soph. One good thing about the freshmen last season was a very large roster. The 7th & 8th grade boys showed some promise. Speedster & track champ Brock Foster will be fun to watch. And, another Shipley is here. 6'3" Hanner. We'll see if the bloodlines mean anything. I know this is really premature. But the group that excites me the most are this year's 5th & 6th graders. Holy cow, there is some serious speed and size there. There's at least 15 kids (mostly linemen) who are giants already. Some could suit up on the sidelines with the varsity and no one would know these kids are only 11 or 12 years old! Let's just hope most of them stick with it and don't move away. In 3A, a good sized group of kids only comes along every once in awhile. I think this one is gonna be it for Burnet. And last but not least: That 1st grade group.......just kiddin'........

You Cam are correct on the no size , this years group was small but the next group is really small , do have some larger ones coming up but it will be a couple of years.

If you really want a laugh , go watch Foster and that group play basketball , full contact basketball at its best.....

YTBulldogs
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Yoakum will be better than this prior year. Not hard to do seeing we went 2-8.

Unless we lead the district in turnovers again, we could be a playoff team in 2011.

Strengths: depth at skilled positions, strength and speed, new off season program

Weaknesses: leadership, linemen

We could have our first freshman in many years make the team. He is very exciting and has playmaking ability. Needs to have a great off season program/summer conditioning and get stronger.

Paramount we find some leaders for 2011. Seen what happens with a leaderless team already.

All in all, very excited with this program's direction moving forward.