15. Brownwood
16. Huffman-Hargrave
17. Jasper
18. Lufkin Hudson
19. Salado
20. Columbia

MUSTANG69
01-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Sinton's competition for the past few years, Robstown, dropped out of D30, but now Sinton has to deal with Rockport-Fulton in the district. This could be some very good ballgames.

BaseballUmp
01-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Did Giddings lose everything not to be in the top 20?

cr180t
01-14-2011, 06:10 PM
I would put Snyder in there as well

ccmom
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
I would put Snyder in there as well But what do you know, really?:doh: :p

Sweetwater Red
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
I would put Snyder in there as well

That reminds me. I need to make another CFS bet with DaHop this baseball season. :devil:

SintonFan_inAustin
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Sinton's competition for the past few years, Robstown, dropped out of D30, but now Sinton has to deal with Rockport-Fulton in the district. This could be some very good ballgames. Ingleside was the culprit to Sinton district championship streak otherwise they would had finished as co champs with Robstown last year. Sinton did go 2-1 against Robstown and 1-0 against Rockport Fulton while losing 1 starting senior from last year team. Goliad was also a playoff team last year and made it to the 2nd round. Ingleside, Mathis and Aransas Pass should provide a competative district.

Yoe_09
01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Did Giddings lose everything not to be in the top 20?

Yeah...I was kind of thinking the same thing. We will be playing both Robinson & Giddings on the opening day of the Bell Rivals Classic.

Giddings did lose 5 seniors to graduation including their top 2 pitchers. The top player returning for them is Marlow. He hit .598 last year along with 13 HR's. I think they will probably be able to score some runs, but I am not sure on the pitching at this point. Marlow will probably be the ace as well.

Yoe_09
01-15-2011, 12:53 AM
The regular THSBCA rankings will come out in January 28th.

hookandladder
01-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Yeah...I was kind of thinking the same thing. We will be playing both Robinson & Giddings on the opening day of the Bell Rivals Classic.

Giddings did lose 5 seniors to graduation including their top 2 pitchers. The top player returning for them is Marlow. He hit .598 last year along with 13 HR's. I think they will probably be able to score some runs, but I am not sure on the pitching at this point. Marlow will probably be the ace as well.

Marlow will have to pitch however there ace will be last years 1st baseman Mason Becker, my guess. Yes, Giddings did lose a number of solid players, will be interesting in District.

Yoe_09
01-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Marlow will have to pitch however there ace will be last years 1st baseman Mason Becker, my guess. Yes, Giddings did lose a number of solid players, will be interesting in District.

Thanks for info. In that district I think you will have Giddings, La Grange, and Navasota being the top 3 IMO. Caldwell will finish 4th with Rockdale and Smithville fighting it out for 5th and 6th.

Be_Advised
01-15-2011, 12:18 PM
1. West
2. Carthage
3. Robstown
4. Robinson
5. Lucas Lovejoy
6. Argyle
7. Rockport-Fulton
8. Bridge City
9. Pleasant Grove
10. Llano
11. Sinton
12. Kennedale
13. Princeton
14. Boerne
15. Brownwood
16. Huffman-Hargrave
17. Jasper
18. Lufkin Hudson
19. Salado
20. Columbia

Robstown is gonna have a strong team this year. Eight returning players from a regional semi-final team last year. One of the best pitching combination in the state.

Now only if new head coach can keep them motivated.

hookandladder
01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks for info. In that district I think you will have Giddings, La Grange, and Navasota being the top 3 IMO. Caldwell will finish 4th with Rockdale and Smithville fighting it out for 5th and 6th.

Think that sounds about right, I feel we have a shot at beating Giddings but also feel Navasota will be tough to beat. My son played some summer ball with the sophomore group from Navasota and they have a solid group of kids in that class.District will be pretty solid from top to bottom.

Yoe_09
01-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Think that sounds about right, I feel we have a shot at beating Giddings but also feel Navasota will be tough to beat. My son played some summer ball with the sophomore group from Navasota and they have a solid group of kids in that class.District will be pretty solid from top to bottom.

Yeah, Navasota has some good players over there. I think they will finish 3rd with Giddings and La Grange battling it out for 1st. I think Caldwell may give some people some games. Rockdale lost too much and Smithville just does not have it yet.

XMan
01-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Specifically, what have the kids from your school done in the last 6 months to make them better players? What have they done to develop and get better?

Yoe_09
01-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Specifically, what have the kids from your school done in the last 6 months to make them better players? What have they done to develop and get better?

Basically all of them have been playing football. Some kids, who are not on the basketball teams, started player workouts a few weeks ago.

XMan
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
So, pretty much they have done nothing. They are just hoping that when they wake up on Jan 28th that they will somehow have gotten better. Good luck.

Yoe_09
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM
So, pretty much they have done nothing. They are just hoping that when they wake up on Jan 28th that they will somehow have gotten better. Good luck.

Thanks. In your opinion what do you think should be done during this 6 month period?

XMan
01-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Um, maybe they should work to get their arms in shape and maybe even hit a few times a week and take 20 or so ground balls/fly balls a day.

hookandladder
01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Um, maybe they should work to get their arms in shape and maybe even hit a few times a week and take 20 or so ground balls/fly balls a day.

This is exactly what they should have been doing however in most 3A schools and lower most athlete's are playing multiple sports. If you are a 1 sport athlete say baseball, you sure be playing at least 8 to 9 months out of the year if you have a desire to play at the next level. My son plays football and baseball , as soon as football was over he started long tossing and will continue baseball til the end of June. Starting July 1 it's all football, what the kid does while his sport is not in season is up to the kid himself not the coaches. The kid and parents must decide how bad you want something and in high school most kids have to be push some to make it happen.You must also let them be a kid and have some down time or you will ruin them. Just my 2 cents.

Yoe_09
01-16-2011, 11:50 AM
This is exactly what they should have been doing however in most 3A schools and lower most athlete's are playing multiple sports. If you are a 1 sport athlete say baseball, you sure be playing at least 8 to 9 months out of the year if you have a desire to play at the next level. My son plays football and baseball , as soon as football was over he started long tossing and will continue baseball til the end of June. Starting July 1 it's all football, what the kid does while his sport is not in season is up to the kid himself not the coaches. The kid and parents must decide how bad you want something and in high school most kids have to be push some to make it happen.You must also let them be a kid and have some down time or you will ruin them. Just my 2 cents.

Good points. And in a town like Cameron you know football is king. Once football practice starts the focus starts and stays there until the last football game. Dont get me wrong, baseball is my favorite sport, but it is just not going to happen during football season.

NastySlot
01-16-2011, 12:39 PM

your 2 cents is well worth it.....if kid has a passion for sports than he/she needs to put in hours on their own....

xman...the systems are what they are...you can belly ache all you want here ....or try to change the system in your district through proper channels.......or work with what the system gives you...no one says you can t work out on you own or with a group of kids to hit and throw on the weekends during football or even basketball season...........if the kids and parents have a passion (i guess like yourself)....then get out there and practice.....whats wrong with finding a few teams(towns) in the same situation and scrimmaging a few times a month...........just because it's not select and high dollar doesn't mean the kids couldn't get some quality out of it.

hookandladder
01-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
your 2 cents is well worth it.....if kid has a passion for sports than he/she needs to put in hours on their own....

xman...the systems are what they are...you can belly ache all you want here ....or try to change the system in your district through proper channels.......or work with what the system gives you...no one says you can t work out on you own or with a group of kids to hit and throw on the weekends during football or even basketball season...........if the kids and parents have a passion (i guess like yourself)....then get out there and practice.....whats wrong with finding a few teams(towns) in the same situation and scrimmaging a few times a month...........just because it's not select and high dollar doesn't mean the kids couldn't get some quality out of it.

So true, agree totally. We have kids that started baseball on their own as soon as football season was over, every sport including football you have to do things on your own,camps,summer workouts, etc.. It seems X-Man has the opinion of a lot of little league parents, I bring my kid to practice now you make my kid college material. It does not happen that way, the kid has to want it and then he has to work hard at school and at home. Football is king in Texas, I am a baseball guy that understands that. There is plenty of time during the summer for any kid to improve his game no matter what sport you choose. Bellville has a great overall program, yes they struggle in certain sports but every school does.Just using Bellville as an example, I am sure Coach Cerny still gets the best out of his Ballplayers with or without an offseason.

hollywood
01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Who's your top 3 picks from your district?

District 5
1) Brownwood
2) Snyder
3) Abilene Wylie

rholl
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Well I'll be danged...moved in to a new district this year and low and behold if the #1 team in the state doesnt reside there!!!
Well at least the have good kolaches!~

XMan
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
dang hook and ladder, i was thinking how great you were til you compared me to a little league parent. I know most are in offseason at school, thats why it is impairative for the kids to work on baseball outside of the school day. Heck, they could even hit and throw during the fall after football while its daylight savings time.

ccmom
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Who's your top 3 picks from your district?

District 5
1) Brownwood
2) Snyder
3) Abilene Wylie Interesting. Worked out that way last year, only the #3 team ended up taking out the #1 team in playoffs. Sure was fun! :clap: :D

Old LB
01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Interesting. Worked out that way last year, only the #3 team ended up taking out the #1 team in playoffs. Sure was fun! :clap: :D

And then? :thinking:

Be_Advised
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
My district 31-3A prediction:

1. Robstown
2. ????
3. ????

I have no information on Lyford or Raymondville.

Orange Grove and West Oso have not been very competitive the two years we have been in 3A.

Robstown will most likely breeze through district.

FmrPirate14
01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
My District 30-3A prediction:

1. Sinton
2. RF
3. Ingleside

...I say Sinton and RF split their season series and Mathis or Ingleside split with RF as well and Sinton wins out

Antec
01-19-2011, 10:30 PM
29-3A should be interesting

Columbia
Sweeny
Wharton
Needville
Palacios

trojan37
01-20-2011, 01:24 AM
West opens the season Feb. 23rd against Forney, playing at the home of the Texas Rangers-come check it out!

hollywood
01-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Interesting. Worked out that way last year, only the #3 team ended up taking out the #1 team in playoffs. Sure was fun! :clap: :D

Haha... this year will be different. AW lost a lot from last years team. It'll be a similar scenario as this past football season... AW having a down year and playing like it... in a big way!

ccmom
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Haha... this year will be different. AW lost a lot from last years team. It'll be a similar scenario as this past football season... AW having a down year and playing like it... in a big way!

Wow...so now you are an expert on our baseball program, too? Good to know...:rolleyes: :p

hollywood
01-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Wow...so now you are an expert on our baseball program, too? Good to know...:rolleyes: :p

Yep! I know ccmom, life just doesn't seem fair all the time, huh?
:p :p :p

GrTigers6
01-20-2011, 12:50 PM
District 8-3A

1. West
2. Kennedale
3. Glen Rose

Possible spoilers
Alvarado
Hillsboro

Of course that all could change depending on the day. Thats what is so fun about baseball. What looks good on paper never almost never plays out that way. It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up.

hollywood
01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
West will be better than their kolache's. And that's saying a lot!

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
West will be better than their kolache's. And that's saying a lot!

they have been good for the past few seasons...but you re right....look out this season could be a banner year.