PDA

View Full Version : A special athlete coming around in Burnet

Cam
01-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Coming up the ranks is 7th grader Brock Foster. This kid is scary fast! Remember his name. A national track champ already! See his pic in link below:

http://www.dailytrib.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3986:foster-wins-national-title-in-long-jump-third-in-100-meters&catid=128:mf-top-sports&Itemid=553

nobogey72
01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
maybe he'll go straight track.:D

Old LB
01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

Or move to Brownwood! :D

nobogey72
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Old LB

Hope his dad isn't a coach:D

CenTexSports
01-14-2011, 02:16 PM
If he is that fast, state law requires him to move to east Texas.

Cam
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM

lol! Well, if ol Bob catches wind of him, he just might try to persuade him (kinda like he did with Cam McDaniel in the move to Coppell) Ya never know.....

Cam
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

Right now he's playing RB. I hear he's a heck of a baseball player too.

poisoned10
01-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
If he is that fast, state law requires him to move to east Texas.

I bet his parents grew up in East Texas.

Old LB
01-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Cam
lol! Well, if ol Bob catches wind of him, he just might try to persuade him (kinda like he did with Cam McDaniel in the move to Coppell) Ya never know.....

A kid like that deserves to be treated to a nice lunch, send up to Brownwood and we'll fix him up! :D

greendawg84
01-14-2011, 02:50 PM
A kid like that deserves to be treated to a nice lunch, send up to Brownwood and we'll fix him up! :D

Not the ole Brownwood / Underwoods recruiting trick again....;)

NastySlot
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Cam

i wondered how that kid ended up in coppell also....i just figured his dad was a coach that went with Shipley or something.

Cam
01-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i wondered how that kid ended up in coppell also....i just figured his dad was a coach that went with Shipley or something.

yeah, it sucked...two future D1 kids gone from Burnet in a blink of an eye.....we'll always wonder what coulda been.......but Bob did what he had to do. That's the life of a coach. Most are pretty nomadic.....

NastySlot
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cam
yeah, it sucked...two future D1 kids gone from Burnet in a blink of an eye.....we'll always wonder what coulda been.......but Bob did what he had to do. That's the life of a coach. Most are pretty nomadic.....

was the kid's dad a coach there.

Cam
01-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
was the kid's dad a coach there.

Bob did "hire" him as an assistant. But only lasted a few months and he was out. Said it interfered with his business too much....no big deal I guess. Ol Bob even asked me to take my kid there. Heck, I didn't want to live in a big pile of concrete...been there done that.....I'm just a small town boy now...

NastySlot
01-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Bob did "hire" him as an assistant. But only lasted a few months and he was out. Said it interfered with his business too much....no big deal I guess. Ol Bob even asked me to take my kid there. Heck, I didn't want to live in a big pile of concrete...been there done that.....I'm just a small town boy now...

I hear yeah.

bobcat1
01-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Or move to Brownwood! :D They were looking at new houses in Celina today I heard. :D

Cam
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
They were looking at new houses in Celina today I heard. :D

aw chucks!!! well, at least we'll still have Barney the Bulldog (mascot)......