PDA

View Full Version : question for all the smart technical football people out there

spaniard
11-02-2002, 01:00 AM
ok, in district 25, we have an interesting situation. the run for the 3rd place playoff spot is kinda weird. if, and its a definite long shot, for some chance llano were to beat bandera and ingram beat wimberley then there would be a 3 way tie for the 3rd playoff spot. how would it be decided who would go on to the next round? just lemme know what the deal would be with that, its probly something that i know, but cant think of right now.

Jimbotex40
11-02-2002, 01:05 AM
well, you see spaniard,.....ah, who am i kidding, i have no clue.

sorry for entering this post

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 01:09 AM
Not too sure of the answer but I want to add my 2 cents...

After watching Ingram tonight I don't see them beating Wimberly. So the odds are not so good to see a 3 way tie for 3rd....I'd be willing to bet on that outcome happening ;-)

big daddy russ
11-02-2002, 01:09 AM
the tiebreaker is different in every district. in district 30, they go by margin of victory between the teams. say team a beat team b by 20 points and lost to team c by 5. team a's margin of victory is 15 points. i know a lot of districts use that format, but you'd have to ask your a.d. or the district chair to find out for sure.

spaniard
11-02-2002, 01:13 AM
BurnetBulldog:
Not too sure of the answer but I want to add my 2 cents...

After watching Ingram tonight I don't see them beating Wimberly. So the odds are not so good to see a 3 way tie for 3rd....I'd be willing to bet on that outcome happening ;-)in now way do i see ingram beating wimberley, but there is still that possibility, so just wondering, thanks for the input. :D

CentralTxFan
11-02-2002, 01:24 AM
This is a very interesting question spaniard. Seriously, what does Ingram have to lose? They can go out and play with all they have. Anything is possible on any given Friday night. I think the one that is more unlikely is llano beating bandera. But you never know, like I said any given Friday everything is up for grabs. But this does make for some interesting discussion.

eye of the tiger
11-02-2002, 01:44 AM
I believe it is the ole classic coin flip in our district.

CentralTxFan
11-02-2002, 01:47 AM
eye of the tiger:
I believe it is the ole classic coin flip in our district.Okay this is probably a really stupid question but if it is a 3 way tie can you still flip a coin?