I knew he wasn't getting time.:rolleyes:

BaseballUmp
01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I hope he has to register as a sex offender too

PPHSfan
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

Why? Because she lied about her age? Or because he's much older? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just curious about your reasoning. He missed the age of consent by a few weeks, but was told she was older. Do you think if LT was 17 years old he should have to register? Because if you do, I'm guessing 75 percent or better of the kids playing football in HS would fit the criteria. I don't agree with or condone anything he did. Just curious where you're coming from.

BaseballUmp
01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Why? Because she lied about her age? Or because he's much older? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just curious about your reasoning. He missed the age of consent by a few weeks, but was told she was older. Do you think if LT was 17 years old he should have to register? Because if you do, I'm guessing 75 percent or better of the kids playing football in HS would fit the criteria. I don't agree with or condone anything he did. Just curious where you're coming from.

Because regardless of how close she was to 17, it's against the law and the law says that if she/he is not of consenting age and you are over then its not legal. Yea I realize that a lot of high school relationships work out like that, but the law is the law.

Women lie about their age all the time. That's why you can't ever trust a
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x12/shadow562_2007/hoe.jpg

LoboesWT
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Because regardless of how close she was to 17, it's against the law and the law says that if she/he is not of consenting age and you are over then its not legal. Yea I realize that a lot of high school relationships work out like that, but the law is the law.

:eek: Oh My

DDBooger
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x12/shadow562_2007/hoe.jpg Have to check those IDs lol

PPHSfan
01-13-2011, 04:38 PM
So you would not have a problem with your 17 year old son being forced to register? Or for that matter, thinking back to when you yourself attended high school, are you ok with your own past? It's cool with me if you are. Not hating or anything.

DDBooger
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
So you would not have a problem with your 17 year old son being forced to register? Or for that matter, thinking back to when you yourself attended high school, are you ok with your own past? It's cool with me if you are. Not hating or anything. That is one of those things that a lot people look away from. But I knew a lot of buddies dating girls under 17 when we were juniors and Seniors.

BaseballUmp
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
So you would not have a problem with your 17 year old son being forced to register? Or for that matter, thinking back to when you yourself attended high school, are you ok with your own past? It's cool with me if you are. Not hating or anything.

I'd tell my son that he should't do stuff like that until they are both old enough and mature enough to live with the consequences of what could happen. As for my own past, I have no problem at all with what I did because everything I did was within the legal limits of the law.

I have self control unlike some people I know and I actually think things out before hand. So I am comfortable with myself

LoboesWT
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I'd tell my son that he should't do stuff like that until they are both old enough and mature enough to live with the consequences of what could happen. As for my own past, I have no problem at all with what I did because everything I did was within the legal limits of the law.

I have self control unlike some people I know and I actually think things out before hand. So I am comfortable with myself
:clap: Good response.

PPHSfan
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
...... As for my own past, I have no problem at all with what I did because everything I did was within the legal limits of the law.

I feel we should call for the no spin zone rule here.

Ranger Mom
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
I know, from experience, if the girl is 16 and the guy is 19 (or 15 and 18) and neither parent has a problem with it....then the law more than likely won't get involved either.

There is a 3 year age difference loop hole here. Believe me, I know!! Both my sons have wives (who were girlfriends at the time) who were underage at the time my boys were "over" the age.

I studied that "statutory rape" law frontwards and backwards!!!

garciap77
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MoveInDad
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know, from experience, if the girl is 16 and the guy is 19 (or 15 and 18) and neither parent has a problem with it....then the law more than likely won't get involved either.

There is a 3 year age difference loop hole here. Believe me, I know!! Both my sons have wives (who were girlfriends at the time) who were underage at the time my boys were "over" the age.

I studied that "statutory rape" law frontwards and backwards!!!

I didn't know of the 3 yr loop hole... my son and his girlfriend have been going out for awhile, recently he turned 18 and she was a few weeks shy of her 17th, and they were 'parked' in a cul de sac, when approached by an officer, who in no uncertain terms, said he could take my son to jail. Scared the crap out of both of them, which I'm sure was his intent... anyway I'll take your word for it Ranger Mom ;)

Ernest T Bass
01-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I'd tell my son that he should't do stuff like that until they are both old enough and mature enough to live with the consequences of what could happen.

Good luck with that :rolleyes:

BaseballUmp
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Good luck with that :rolleyes:

Well, it worked for me. Plus having a brother that couldn't quite follow through also helped out in my decision making

Phil C
01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
LT is another victim of society. :(

Ranger Mom
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
I didn't know of the 3 yr loop hole... my son and his girlfriend have been going out for awhile, recently he turned 18 and she was a few weeks shy of her 17th, and they were 'parked' in a cul de sac, when approached by an officer, who in no uncertain terms, said he could take my son to jail. Scared the crap out of both of them, which I'm sure was his intent... anyway I'll take your word for it Ranger Mom ;)

Unfortunately, I am well versed on it. It is sometimes referred to as the "Romeo and Juliet Law" in Texas.

An officer may threaten that, and probably for the reason you state, but unless the minors parents press charges, any lawyer could get the charges dropped.

Ranger Mom
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM

-I just read that he does!

Trashman
01-13-2011, 09:39 PM

That only works until the parents of the girl get upset at boy. Then all of a sudden it does matter. I have seen that happen to more than one young man. It is never a good idea for under and over age kids to date. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
01-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
That only works until the parents of the girl get upset at boy. Then all of a sudden it does matter. I have seen that happen to more than one young man. It is never a good idea for under and over age kids to date. :thinking:

Exactly, which is why I stated "unless neither parent has a problem with it."

There was kid from Greenwood who was 19 and was dating a girl who was 15 (whose dad was a police officer)..when he wanted to break up and she cried rape to her dad....he was charged and sent to prison for 2 years. While he was locked up, she got pregnant and had a little boy. After his 2 year stint in the big house, he got out, had to register as sex offender, married that same girl and now they have a little girl together!!:doh:

steerz2010
01-13-2011, 11:58 PM

There was kid from Greenwood who was 19 and was dating a girl who was 15 (whose dad was a police officer)..when he wanted to break up and she cried rape to her dad....he was charged and sent to prison for 2 years. While he was locked up, she got pregnant and had a little boy. After his 2 year stint in the big house, he got out, had to register as sex offender, married that same girl and now they have a little girl together!!:doh:
almost romantic :clap: :D

BaseballUmp
01-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Kind of like The Notebook huh lol

carter08
01-14-2011, 12:02 AM

Can he get off the sex offender list since he married the girl and she consented to getting married?

coach
01-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Can he get off the sex offender list since he married the girl and she consented to getting married?

i heard he will have to register and he will be able to get off in no less than 20 years. Also, they said something about the ranking of the sex offender. i guess there are different rankings or levels of a sex offender?