PDA

View Full Version : fundraisers??????????

bulldog82
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
what has been the most successful way for vour school? mainly intrested in ways of generating money to support 7 on 7 expenses and supplement baseball program.

pirate4state
01-12-2011, 11:08 PM
- sell advertising (signs) for baseball fence = $$ if done right
- our booster club sells all the advertising for our sports program that are sold at our football games
- we also sell everything you could possibly think of as far as merchandise

but all the advertising we sell is by far our biggest money maker

kaorder1999
01-12-2011, 11:50 PM
lift a thon!

bulldog82
01-13-2011, 01:22 AM
we've tried homerunderby, alumni games,but these attract recent grads who we all know have no money, current players dads just pay thier money than risk injury, but thats not enough. our small town merchants get hit by every org. around. for some reason the cheerleaders get all money from programs. as for 7 on 7 we would just ask for donations, but i hate doing that year after year. although last year once we qualified a dentist office donated 1000., but up till then three tournys costing 300 each was difficult. at state i saw brownwood had ads at the tails of thier jerseys, now thats an idea! anyone got anything else?

GrTigers6
01-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Golf Tournament, dessert auction, have the kids each bring a dessert and auction them off in between innings 1 or 2 at a time. And then 5 or 6 between games. We do that for basketball. I think we brought in about 2000 last year which was our first year doing it.
Also for baseball we do a Hamburger supper. we have the kids divide up and bring the stuff so we have few expenses and then sell them for 5 dollars a plate which includes hamburger, chips, candy and a water or tea. Our local chicken express donates the tea. and our grocery store gave us most of the water.
I think we made 2000 on that as well

poisoned10
01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Golf Tournament, dessert auction, have the kids each bring a dessert and auction them off in between innings 1 or 2 at a time. And then 5 or 6 between games. We do that for basketball. I think we brought in about 2000 last year which was our first year doing it.
Also for baseball we do a Hamburger supper. we have the kids divide up and bring the stuff so we have few expenses and then sell them for 5 dollars a plate which includes hamburger, chips, candy and a water or tea. Our local chicken express donates the tea. and our grocery store gave us most of the water.
I think we made 2000 on that as well

I think I just found me a new hustle!

oldtownag
01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
You could just bring your team to the nearest "well to do" metro area suburb and stand on a street corner and beg for money like so many other teams do. Better yet get a girls softball team to do the begging for you.

Matthew328
01-13-2011, 10:31 AM
1) Drive to nicer area of town
2) Bring cheerleaders
3) Put said cheerleaders near busy intersection with signs
4) Count your money

LoboesWT
01-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
1) Drive to nicer area of town
2) Bring cheerleaders
3) Put said cheerleaders near busy intersection with signs