PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions? Gonna put the house on the market starting in March...

SintonFan
01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Any opinions on what exterior paint colors are very trendy now and give the most curb appeal?

Denise likes a kind of Terra Cotta color with matching light Earth tones to paint the exterior of the house. I'm not sold on the colors yet.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Especially those in Real Estate or who just sold or bought a house.:)

SintonFan
01-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Ladies, I can use your help.:blush:

and you guys, too... lol

Blastoderm55
01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Avoid salmon, or nipple pink as my wife calls it. I haven't even begun to scrape off all the salmon-colored paint on my trim, garage door and patio doors. Ivory or bisque should be your best bet. Stick with neutrals.

ccmom
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Light earth tones with a contrasting darker or even black trim give a home a crisp look and will also accentuate architectural features IMO.

SintonFan
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Light earth tones with a contrasting darker or even black trim give a home a crisp look and will also accentuate architectural features IMO.

Our neighbors next door to us painted their house trim black last May. Both "shes" and other neighbors seems to approve. So we can't paint that trim color.:(

Thanks Bd55.:D

Blue42
01-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Keep it clean and simple ,get all the extra clutter out from inside and out and fertilize your yard now to make it look good in March. Also take down family photos and personal stuff it makes it easier for buyers to see the house as their own.

gtownfan
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Watch "Real Estate Intervention" on HGTV. Gives you lots of ideas on how to stage a house and does/don'ts when trying to sell a house. Just watching 2 or 3 shows will give you lots of ideas.

Blue42 mentions some of the best tips!

Ranger Mom
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Staging has a lot to do with it too!

D, if I remember correctly, your living room seemed pretty small...although I think there was also a Christmas tree up when I was there, and about 20 people milling (stumbling, staggering) around. And don't you have a ginormous TV in there??

Anyway, the more space it looks like you have, the better!!

And that is one thing almost every "girl" I know looks for...."where can I put the Christmas Tree?":D :D

Blastoderm55
01-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Watch "Real Estate Intervention" on HGTV. Gives you lots of ideas on how to stage a house and does/don'ts when trying to sell a house. Just watching 2 or 3 shows will give you lots of ideas.

Blue42 mentions some of the best tips!

That show's set to record every time it comes on! I haven't enjoyed the new season as much though. Too much emphasis on Sabrina. Mike Aubry is THE MAN.