PDA

View Full Version : Michigan head coach

BaseballUmp
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Brady Hoke named head coach at Michigan

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6012465

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Does he have ties to the university? That's a pretty disappointing name I would think for Michigan.

BaseballUmp
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
- Under head coach Lloyd Carr, he served as defensive ends coach from 1995-96, defensive line coach from 1997-2002 and ended his stay in Ann Arbor as associate head coach in 2002.

- Michigan advanced to eight straight bowl games during his tenure, posted a 76-23 overall record, claimed at least 10 games on four occasions and won the Big Ten in 1997, 1998 and 2000.

- Hoke helped tutor three Wolverine All-Americans on the D-line, including defensive end Glen Steele and nose tackles William Carr and Rob Renes, all of whom were NFL Draft picks.

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2011, 04:36 PM
In that case, I can understand the move.

eagles_victory
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Does he have ties to the university? That's a pretty disappointing name I would think for Michigan. I have been shipping Hoke for years... What is disappointing is you not doing your research on how he has turned programs around.

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I have been shipping Hoke for years... What is disappointing is you not doing your research on how he has turned programs around.

I'm sorry that I disappointed you. I'll try ever so hard not to let you down again. I feel awful that I could possibly disappoint someone by suggesting my own disappointment.

eagles_victory
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm sorry that I disappointed you. I'll try ever so hard not to let you down again. I feel awful that I could possibly disappoint someone by suggesting my own disappointment. I was jk Crzy... I am just upset I wanted UT to get Brady Hoke in a few years after Mack left. I watched what he did at Ball St. and what he did at San Diego St. this guy is the next star in coaching he is a better hire than Miles and will turn Michigan around in 3 years tops.

bigwood33
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Hoke is who I picked but I will admit that I got lucky on this one. I know a guy on the SDSU staff and he raves about the job that Coach Hoke had done there. Good luck to him.

eagles_victory
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Hoke is who I picked but I will admit that I got lucky on this one. I know a guy on the SDSU staff and he raves about the job that Coach Hoke had done there. Good luck to him. Dude can flat coach if I am an Ohio St. fan (which Im not) I would be hoping they got Les Miles not Brady Hoke he will turn them around.

Sweetwater Red
01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Now I wonder if Denard Robinson leaves or stays to become the most electryfing slot reciever in
college football?

Daddy D 11
01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I know you are high on him, and I am not saying you are wrong. I'm sure he will win games, but he wont ever make Michigan a power again. As a head coach he is 47-50. He hasn't exactly dominated everywhere he has been. He had one good year at Ball State and one decent one this year at SDSU..

eagles_victory
01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I know you are high on him, and I am not saying you are wrong. I'm sure he will win games, but he wont ever make Michigan a power again. As a head coach he is 47-50. He hasn't exactly dominated everywhere he has been. He had one good year at Ball State and one decent one this year at SDSU.. Of course his record isn't going to be that great he was at 2 schools with no programs and he built them up. He had his Aztec team right in the game to beat TCU this year in Ft. Worth the same TCU team everyone on the downlow thinks is the best team in the country.

Lucky2Coach
01-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Dude can flat coach if I am an Ohio St. fan (which Im not) I would be hoping they got Les Miles not Brady Hoke he will turn them around.

I agree with you 100%. He's one of the best just coming on to the scene!

eagles_victory
01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
I agree with you 100%. He's one of the best just coming on to the scene! People say he isn't a "name" well at some point everyone has to make a "name" for themselves. I think this is Hoke's time. Besides Michigan had a name in Rich Rodriguez for 3 years and never won anything.

LoboesWT
01-12-2011, 12:17 PM
People say he isn't a "name" well at some point everyone has to make a "name" for themselves. I think this is Hoke's time. Besides Michigan had a name in Rich Rodriguez for 3 years and never won anything.

A big difference between Hoke and Rich, is that Hoke will have the support of the University.

eagles_victory
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
A big difference between Hoke and Rich, is that Hoke will have the support of the University. You are right about that the only thing I think that could be a concern is Rich Rod runs a very specific system and recruiting for that system might have different kind of players in there that don't fit well in Hoke's system but if he is as good of a coach as I think he is I figure he will adjust.

LoboesWT
01-12-2011, 12:35 PM
You are right about that the only thing I think that could be a concern is Rich Rod runs a very specific system and recruiting for that system might have different kind of players in there that don't fit well in Hoke's system but if he is as good of a coach as I think he is I figure he will adjust.

That was the problem Rich Rod had when he came, which never made sense to me to began with IMO. His system did not fit Carr's recruits and the bad publicity with kids leaving was the first nail in the coffin. Hoke hopefully can make a smoother adjustment, but the neglect on the Defensive side of the ball is the greatest concern.

MoveInDad
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
I know you are high on him, and I am not saying you are wrong. I'm sure he will win games, but he wont ever make Michigan a power again. As a head coach he is 47-50. He hasn't exactly dominated everywhere he has been. He had one good year at Ball State and one decent one this year at SDSU..
I agree Hoke is no Harbaugh, but when you look at his record, 5 out of 6 years his teams improved on the previous season. Overall, Harbaugh's record at Stanford was just 29-21, but he won 4,5,8 and then 12 games... after the team went 1-11 the season before he arrived.
Everything I read about Hoke indicates he's got what it takes other than the 'name'... he'll have that one or another after a few years at Michigan. ;)

WildTexan972
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM

Chizik dint have much of a record before Auburn and now a bought QB and a tough DL and lookie how that turned out....

LoboesWT
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
he'll have that one or another after a few years at Michigan. ;)

That's funny:D

Phil C
01-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Texas once hired a head coach with only 3 years college football coaching experience at two different schools and was 6-4 in two years and 5-5 in the other which aren't too impressive. It turned out he did ok at Texas. His name is Coach Darrell Royal.