PDA

View Full Version : Deplorable and Pitiful...Hold Me Back...

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't care if it is even just for media purposes--something needs to be done about the Westboro Baptists--now!--enough is enough...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona.funeral.westboro/index.html?hpt=T1

44INAROW
01-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I totally agree.......... these folks are extremist in the worst form - disguised and using the Lords name for their cause.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I totally agree.......... these folks are extremist in the worst form - disguised and using the Lords name for their cause.

Protesting the funeral of a innocently killed 9-year old little girl----absolutely over-the-top and out-of-bounds for anyone's agenda of any kind.

ccmom
01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Absolutely sickening. As the parent of a child who will be 9 years old this month, it breaks my heart to think of not only losing him, but then for someone to attempt to do something so hateful and malicious at the funeral (in the name of Jesus, no less) is absolutely unimaginable. God bless these families, and God bless this country.

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
So, when one of these idiots is killed(shocked it hasn't happened yet), will they come to their funerial with signs that say "God hates ignorant, self-promoting, bigioted, attention whores"?

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
So, when one of these idiots is killed(shocked it hasn't happened yet), will they come to their funerial with signs that say "God hates ignorant, self-promoting, bigioted, attention whores"? I think the fact that nobody has yet is a testament to those people (bereaved) actually adhering to their beliefs. While disgusting, everyday that people restrain themselves is a victory against those hateful people.

grahampaw
01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
The fact is that these people are not protesting in the name of God but the name of fame.I am a real God fearing Babtist and am discusted by the fact that these extremest use God for their sick agenda.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I think the fact that nobody has yet is a testament to those people (bereaved) actually adhering to their beliefs. While disgusting, everyday that people restrain themselves is a victory against those hateful people.

I agree!!

Hopefully it is just a publicity stunt and they wont show, like they do a lot!!

Daddy D 11
01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
edited for Daddy

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
.... edited

Daddy, my heart is with you--but in light of recent events, I would seriously consider your editing this post...

Daddy D 11
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Daddy, my heart is with you--but in light of recent events, I would seriously consider your editing this post...

I thought about it right when I posted it.

I took the liberty to edit (erase) if that wasn't your intention, shoot me a PM :) ) 44inarow

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Daddy, my heart is with you--but in light of recent events, I would seriously consider your editing this post... Face of a remorseless killer
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/jared1.jpg

rancher
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I wish that a group of big burly motorcycle riders confront the protesters and B---h Slap them.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Face of a remorseless killer
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/jared1.jpg

why? he has just as much right to freedom of speech as they do!

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by rykerx144

You want to explain your meaning a little more befiore I reply, ryker?

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
why? he has just as much right to freedom of speech as they do! huh? Who stated otherwise and do you know what you're replying about?

pancho villa
01-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow this is the first time I have heard of them. What a bunch of losers.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM

Yes...he does have freedom of speech....and he has yet to speak a word while in custody!

I don't understand what you mean!!

ccmom
01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
why? he has just as much right to freedom of speech as they do! He also has the right to remain silent, which is maybe the same right you should have used on this thread. Just a thought...:thinking:

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
You want to explain your meaning a little more befiore I reply, ryker? Is that Chick still around? If it came out of her mouth it will be about as intelligent as the Westboro Baptist Church idiots will be if they show up. I hope the Patriot Guard shows up too. Westboro Baptist Church needs to be stopped once and for all.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Yes...he does have freedom of speech....and he has yet to speak a word while in custody!

I don't understand what you mean!!

That's what I asked, too, RM. Sure hope he is not trying to equate the right of free speech expression as a justification for mass murder--even in jest.

tog
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I have yet to figure out what their "agenda" even is. To be obnoxious and innapropriate to extremes?

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by tog
I have yet to figure out what their "agenda" even is. To be obnoxious and innapropriate to extremes? Their agenda is anti-homosexuality. They're a more extreme version of Falwell and Robertson who pin the ills of the world on homosexuality. the kind of people who believe earthquakes and tsunamis happen in countries because some guy flamed in L.A. :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by tog
I have yet to figure out what their "agenda" even is. To be obnoxious and innapropriate to extremes?

It is the ultimate expression of "Put my name and cause in the headlines in any fashion, just as long as you put them there" philosophy.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Easy People, I was just saying that if they have the right to do the stuff they do and say the things they do then I have no problem with his sniper comment!! Let it stay!! I agree

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
He also has the right to remain silent, which is maybe the same right you should have used on this thread. Just a thought...:thinking:

sorry I dont have the ability to remain quiet nor do I want to entertain your opinion that I should be quiet! thanks though

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Is that Chick still around? If it came out of her mouth it will be about as intelligent as the Westboro Baptist Church idiots will be if they show up. I hope the Patriot Guard shows up too. Westboro Baptist Church needs to be stopped once and for all.

Chick? LOL Your such an nice person! (is that better tattletale?)

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Easy People, I was just saying that if they have the right to do the stuff they do and say the things they do then I have no problem with his sniper comment!! Let it stay!! I agree

I think where the confusion came in is you quoted the pic of the murderer with the caption, "face of a remorseless killer' when you made your post.

It sounded like you you were saying he had the right to freedom of speech.....not the lunatics from WBC.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Chick? LOL Your such an nice person! (is that better tattletale?)

You better watch it....that was NOT who reported it!!!

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
You better watch it....that was NOT who reported it!!! :confused: Did I miss something?

ccmom
01-11-2011, 01:08 PM
sorry I dont have the ability to remain quiet nor do I want to entertain your opinion that I should be quiet! thanks though

Sigh...:rolleyes:

Anyway...I truly hope the group does not make an appearance at this or any other funeral.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
bobcat Ill pm you. I dont want to get in anymore trouble because apparently I have to play by a differen set of rules and I havent learned them yet so ill just pm so I dont get in trouble. Thanks

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Sigh...:rolleyes:

Anyway...I truly hope the group does not make an appearance at this or any other funeral. There's those rolling eyes we all love. Sometimes you have to use the ignore button. That way when people make fools of themselves on a daily basis you don't have to witness it. I wish I had an ignore button for the Westboro Baptist Church gang that would make them disappear too.:D

MUSTANG69
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Just read an article on Fox News that says the Phoenix Motorcycle Rider Group will be at the funerals. A spokesman for the group stated there is a possibility that the Hell's Angels may show up. That may give these nuts some second thoughts about protesting. The article also said that the Arizona legislature is trying to quickly pass a bill that would limit the protesters. I sure hope so. These whackos are sickening.

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
bobcat Ill pm you. I dont want to get in anymore trouble because apparently I have to play by a differen set of rules and I havent learned them yet so ill just pm so I dont get in trouble. Thanks

It's not that you have to play by a different set of rules. It's just that you think you get to play by the different set that some of us play. You're still a ways off from being at that level. :D

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
It's not that you have to play by a different set of rules. It's just that you think you get to play by the different set that some of us play. You're still a ways off from being at that level. :D

Thats my point exactly. Double Standards!!! Who is the owner of this site anyway? Just curious??

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Thats my point exactly. Double Standards!!! Who is the owner of this site anyway? Just curious??

No. I don't think you do get it. :p

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Just read an article on Fox News that says the Phoenix Motorcycle Rider Group will be at the funerals. A spokesman for the group stated there is a possibility that the Hell's Angels may show up. That may give these nuts some second thoughts about protesting. The article also said that the Arizona legislature is trying to quickly pass a bill that would limit the protesters. I sure hope so. These whackos are sickening. I would so love to see the Hells Angels or Bandidos show up. :devil:

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
No. I don't think you do get it. :p

I probably get it more than you know!! LOL ;) ;)

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Just read an article on Fox News that says the Phoenix Motorcycle Rider Group will be at the funerals. A spokesman for the group stated there is a possibility that the Hell's Angels may show up. That may give these nuts some second thoughts about protesting. The article also said that the Arizona legislature is trying to quickly pass a bill that would limit the protesters. I sure hope so. These whackos are sickening. What's that? Using violence to combat ignorance? That'll learn em! lol Ignoring them is the best medicine. Until they become violent, they're merely a pimple on the tail of an imperfect social world.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I probably get it more than you know!! LOL ;) ;)

I think PPHSfan is trying to tell you he likes your rebellion, but you just haven't learned to employ it in a masterful and witty way yet.
Hide and watch him....:D

garciap77
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
What's that? Using violence to combat ignorance? That'll learn em! lol Ignoring them is the best medicine. Until they become violent, they're merely a pimple on the tail of an imperfect social world.

Kill 'Em All! That will take care of the pimple, got to start somewhere!:D

;)

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I think PPHSfan is trying to tell you he likes your rebellion, but you just haven't learned to employ it in a masterful and witty way yet.

Hit the nail right on the head with that one!!

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM

i say whats on my mind. I dont care about being witty and masterful. I say whats on mind! Like it or not? I do my best to stay within the rules. I just have to learn what rules apply to me I guess.

MUSTANG69
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
What's that? Using violence to combat ignorance? That'll learn em! lol Ignoring them is the best medicine. Until they become violent, they're merely a pimple on the tail of an imperfect social world.

I was not advocating violence, just reporting what I read. I think these people will not show up but if they do I think they will take off fast if it looks like it might become physical.

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I was not advocating violence, just reporting what I read. I think these people will not show up but if they do I think they will take off fast if it looks like it might become physical. Understood and I hope they don't. I think deep down they're hoping to sow the seeds of that kind of hate forcing good people to do things they otherwise wouldn't.

MUSTANG69
01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Understood and I hope they don't. I think deep down they're hoping to sow the seeds of that kind of hate forcing good people to do things they otherwise wouldn't.

I think most people recognize these people for what they are. I am proud of the restraint Americans have show so far concerning this "church"; however, I do think they will push the button on the wrong person one day and it will get real nasty.

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I think most people recognize these people for what they are. I am proud of the restraint Americans have show so far concerning this "church"; however, I do think they will push the button on the wrong person one day and it will get real nasty. You're both right I know; but I am dang sure afraid my redneck would have hair standing on end if they showed up at a funeral I was at.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM
You're both right I know; but I am dang sure afraid my redneck would have hair standing on end if they showed up at a funeral I was at.

the hair standing up? would that be from the anger?, the nerves? or the starch from the redneck pearl button shirt?

MUSTANG69
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
You're both right I know; but I am dang sure afraid my redneck would have hair standing on end if they showed up at a funeral I was at.

I'm with you on that. I'm not sure how I would react. I'd damn sure have something to say to them. My "redneck" would probably come out if it was a funeral for someone very close to me.

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm with you on that. I'm not sure how I would react. I'd damn sure have something to say to them. My "redneck" would probably come out if it was a funeral for someone very close to me. I would hope my maturity would come out but I seriously doubt it. My violent triggers are still quick. Don't wrong me, my family or friends and we will get along. Those people would make me go off I'm afraid and I would need to make bail most likely.

Blastoderm55
01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Who funds the group's trips to the protests? Somehow, this group is getting a lot of money from misguided individuals who have bought into their scam. I would really like to know.

Phil C
01-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't care if it is even just for media purposes--something needs to be done about the Westboro Baptists--now!--enough is enough...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona.funeral.westboro/index.html?hpt=T1

The Westboro Baptist Church is extreme is certainly is far from typical of other Baptist Churches.

Bull I DON'T admire the Westboro Baptist Church.

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Bull I DON'T admire the Westboro Baptist Church. :devil:

ccmom
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
There's those rolling eyes we all love. Sometimes you have to use the ignore button. That way when people make fools of themselves on a daily basis you don't have to witness it. I wish I had an ignore button for the Westboro Baptist Church gang that would make them disappear too.:D I have actually tried the ignore feature in the past, but I kinda started to miss your nonsense so....:D :kiss:

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I have actually tried the ignore feature in the past, but I kinda started to miss your nonsense so....:D :kiss: You know you love me! :D

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 02:24 PM
The Westboro Baptist Church is extreme is certainly is far from typical of other Baptist Churches.

Bull I DON'T admire the Westboro Baptist Church. If PhilC doesn't admire them then neither do I!:mad:

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 02:25 PM

Bull I DON'T admire the Westboro Baptist Church.

Show NO compassion! :mad:

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I dont admire or agree with anything they do or say but I do agree with their right to say it. I dont agree they have the right to block anyone or keep anyone from going but if they want to stand to the side and holler and show signs of their opinions then they have the right to do that even if you dont agree with where they are doing it at!

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I dont admire or agree with anything they do or say but I do agree with their right to say it. I dont agree they have the right to block anyone or keep anyone from going but if they want to stand to the side and holler and show signs of their opinions then they have the right to do that even if you dont agree with where they are doing it at!

Unfortunately, you are right!! Too bad there are such hateful, misguided people in this world that they feel the need to picket an innocent 9 year old girls funeral because her family is Catholic?!?!

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 02:31 PM

According to our current Constitution--you are correct. However, there is serious consideration going on considering legislation to make protests illegal within a certain distance of grieving families. This needs to be passed before someone is killed or seriously hurt.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
wow? now they are going to be able to tell us where and when we are going to be able to have our opinion. LOL

Ranger Mom
According to our current Constitution--you are correct. However, there is serious consideration going on considering legislation to make protests illegal within a certain distance of grieving families. This needs to be passed before someone is killed or seriously hurt.

I agree 100%. Someone WILL go off on them someday, and not care what the consequences are....and that person will be regarded a Hero, IMO!!

PPHSfan

Please don't end a sentence with a preposition.

Ranger Mom
wow? now they are going to be able to tell us where and when we are going to be able to have our opinion. LOL

Sounds like the downlow...huh??:p ;)

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Please don't end a sentence with a preposition. :fnypost:

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I agree 100%. Someone WILL go off on them someday, and not care what the consequences are....and that person will be regarded a Hero, IMO!!

The father of a fallen soldier attacked one of them a while back and got sued. Can you believe that he lost and the Westboro member was awarded damages? :mad:

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
The father of a fallen soldier attacked one of them a while back and got sued. Can you believe that he lost and the Westboro member was awarded damages? :mad: Today....... yes

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
According to our current Constitution--you are correct. However, there is serious consideration going on considering legislation to make protests illegal within a certain distance of grieving families. This needs to be passed before someone is killed or seriously hurt. I don't agree with that. And it has happened. In an almost Orwellian manner, they call them freedom zones where people who are protesting are moved to or arrested. While these people are beyond redemption, this would apply to ALL protests.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
The father of a fallen soldier attacked one of them a while back and got sued. Can you believe that he lost and the Westboro member was awarded damages? :mad:

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me at all!:(

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
The father of a fallen soldier attacked one of them a while back and got sued. Can you believe that he lost and the Westboro member was awarded damages? :mad: If you apply the law strictly, one wasn't committing a crime and the other was. If you look at the scenario in context, perhaps it was warranted.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Sounds like the downlow...huh??:p ;) lol:D

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Well..as bad of a thing the Church is doing, if they were legal in how they were protesting, then yes I can see the father losing.

We dont have to like the message or the messenger, but if they are speaking their message legally, then they dont have the right to be physically attacked.

IMO what they are doing is terrible, but no worse than the Christian groups that protest abortion clinics to pressure and annoy those going in.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't agree with that. And it has happened. In an almost Orwellian manner, they call them freedom zones where people who are protesting are moved to or arrested. While these people are beyond redemption, this would apply to ALL protests.

We're polar opposites on this one, Boog. This law needs to be passed and is similar in intent to the yelling "fire" in a theatre law--do you disagree with that law as well?

Phantom Stang
01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
What do want to tell him that for?

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 02:47 PM
We're polar opposites on this one, Boog. This law needs to be passed and is similar in intent to the yelling "fire" in a theatre law--do you disagree with that law as well? I don't believe so, what they're doing is not inciting panic, just anger. That isn't the same as fear. This doesn't involve threats. IT is simply ignorance. Unfortunately, yet the truth, if you don't believe in freedom of speech for those you despise, you don't believe in freedom of speech at all.

rykerx144
01-11-2011, 02:47 PM

I can end a sentence in anything I want to end a sentence as!!

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

IMO what they are doing is terrible, but no worse than the Christian groups that protest abortion clinics to pressure and annoy those going in. except in many cases those DO involve threats.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 02:54 PM

That reminds me of a joke about a girl from Texas who was flying home from L.A. She got on the plane and sat by two other girls and asked in her friendly Texas drawl...."Hi!! I'm from Texas, where y'all from?" One girl answered, "We are from a place that knows better than to end a sentence with a preposition."

The Texas girl looked at her, smiled and said, "Oh, I'm sorry....where y'all from Bitch??":D :D

Okay....back to the topic!!:)

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
That reminds me of a joke about a girl from Texas who was flying home from L.A. She got on the plane and sat by two other girls and asked in her friendly Texas drawl...."Hi!! I'm from Texas, where y'all from?" One girl answered, "We are from a place that knows better than to end a sentence with a preposition."

The Texas girl looked at her, smiled and said, "Oh, I'm sorry....where y'all from Bitch??":D :D

Okay....back to the topic!!:) :eek: you said bitch

:D

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 02:56 PM
:eek: you said bitch

:D

I didn't call anybody that....so, I think it's okay!!

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't believe so, what they're doing is not inciting panic, just anger. That isn't the same as fear. This doesn't involve threats. IT is simply ignorance. Unfortunately, yet the truth, if you don't believe in freedom of speech for those you despise, you don't believe in freedom of speech at all. I would think protests of this nature at a funeral would be disturbing the peace and if not then a law should be passed to make it so. Couldn't they just go protest the funerals of mass murderers executed in prison. This 9 year old girl did nothing wrong to be protested and neither did her family. These sick "church" members just like publicity. The Media probably pays for interviews with them and that is where they derive their funds.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I would think protests of this nature at a funeral would be disturbing the peace and if not then a law should be passed to make it so. Couldn't they just go protest the funerals of mass murderers executed in prison. This 9 year old girl did nothing wrong to be protested and neither did her family. These sick "church" members just like publicity. The Media probably pays for interviews with them and that is where they derive their funds.

So if they protest the services of someone you thougt DESERVED it then your ok with it??

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't believe so, what they're doing is not inciting panic, just anger. That isn't the same as fear. This doesn't involve threats. IT is simply ignorance. Unfortunately, yet the truth, if you don't believe in freedom of speech for those you despise, you don't believe in freedom of speech at all.

Using the right of free speech to the extent of possibly inciting a riot which could result in the loss of human life has to be prevented, by law, if necessary, before it happens.

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Using the right of free speech to the extent of possibly inciting a riot which could result in the loss of human life has to be prevented, by law, if necessary, before it happens.

You're on slippery ground now.

bobcat1
So if they protest the services of someone you thougt DESERVED it then your ok with it?? No I don't. I think a funeral for anyone should be peaceful and not a place of protests. Even if the dead did something horrible, most likely they were love by someone and this is their time to say goodbye.

DDBooger
Using the right of free speech to the extent of possibly inciting a riot which could result in the loss of human life has to be prevented, by law, if necessary, before it happens. If I have to watch what I say because you can't be civil (barring comments that are construed as threats), then that is awfully authoritarian.

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
You're on slippery ground now. I rather it be handled in a knock down drag out and everyone go home and heal up with the authorities having coffee and donuts somewhere. :D

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 03:05 PM

By what your saying..Then at a highly heated rival game, the fans should not be allowed to chant or cheer because that could incite the other team's fans and cause violence

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
You're on slippery ground now.

Not for me, sir....I got good footing....

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
By what your saying..Then at a highly heated rival game, the fans should not be allowed to chant or cheer because that could incite the other team's fans and cause violence

Yesir--and if the chanting rises to the level of people losing their lives in riots then our laws should be there to keep this from happening. Otherwise, you have anarchy.

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Sorry, but by this way of thinking Martin Luther King Jr. would still be in jail. I think it is a better idea to remind these church folks that the Bible they thump has a second half called the New Testament.

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry, but by this way of thinking Martin Luther King Jr. would still be in jail. Not to mention trading anarchy for a police state is absurd. IF people en masse can be civil, we wouldn't need extremes. Thus far, civility has prevailed in marginalizing these individuals.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Yesir--and if the chanting rises to the level of people losing their lives in riots then our laws should be there to keep this from happening. Otherwise, you have anarchy.

your talking after the fact when saying if it causes people to lose their life..before u said the speech has to be prevented..big difference

GrTigers6
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
We're polar opposites on this one, Boog. This law needs to be passed and is similar in intent to the yelling "fire" in a theatre law--do you disagree with that law as well? like saying hi jack on an airlane or hold up at a bank. :D

My opinion is that funerals should be for the griefing friends and family and should never be the focus of protests no matter what they did or didnt do, good or bad.
I agree there should be a law stating a distance a protest should have to be from a funeral, setting, church setting or graveside.and that distance should be more than shouting distance away.
That does not take awy their freedom of speech it just limits them
No different than the right to bear arms however you cant take one in a school, bank, court house etc.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 03:55 PM
IMO, potential loss of some rights vs potential loss of human life will never balance. I think if we took the proposed "grieving family" law to referendum, it would pass overwhelmingly.

Tejastrue
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
like saying hi jack on an airlane or hold up at a bank. :D

My opinion is that funerals should be for the griefing friends and family and should never be the focus of protests no matter what they did or didnt do, good or bad.
I agree there should be a law stating a distance a protest should have to be from a funeral, setting, church setting or graveside.and that distance should be more than shouting distance away.
That does not take awy their freedom of speech it just limits them
No different than the right to bear arms however you cant take one in a school, bank, court house etc.

The fight to stop these protests continues:

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/assembly/topic.aspx?topic=funeral_protests

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Sorry, but by this way of thinking Martin Luther King Jr. would still be in jail. I think it is a better idea to remind these church folks that the Bible they thump has a second half called the New Testament.

And would you have thought society would have benefited more if Dr. King and many others had been killed by an angry white supremacist mob during one of his speeches?

Blastoderm55
01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
And would you have thought society would have benefited more if Dr. King and many others had been killed by an angry white supremacist mob during one of his speeches?

Isn't that what happened? :confused: King's assassination led to his transcendence to more than just a man and the success of the civil rights movement. I don't think we'd have a day off on Monday had he not been murdered. You're right though, to look back and see the effect it had. Who'd have thought.

Bullaholic
01-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Contrary to what some of you have expressed, I am not an advocate for abridging the right of free speech. The following article says somewhat better what I was trying to say about my concerns:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/01/11/political.rhetoric/index.html?hpt=Sbin

BEAST
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
As a conservative, any time our rights are taken away, to me, its wrong. The gov't should be limited, not the people. However, to me, this case and cases like it are different. I think what these folks are doing should land them in jail. Protesting a funeral, while the family is in a state of mourning and very much on edge, will eventually get one of these guys serioulsy injured or killed. Just so you know Im not one sided, I dont think a victims family should be able to protest the funeral of murderer or what have you.

I believe in the right to protest. That right was particularly given to protest the gov't. Not to protest dead folks at funerals.

BEAST

44INAROW
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
As a conservative, any time our rights are taken away, to me, its wrong. ....I believe in the right to protest. That right was particularly given to protest the gov't. Not to protest dead folks at funerals.

BEAST

I totally agree........

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 11:51 AM
As a conservative, any time our rights are taken away, to me, its wrong. The gov't should be limited, not the people. However, to me, this case and cases like it are different. I think what these folks are doing should land them in jail. Protesting a funeral, while the family is in a state of mourning and very much on edge, will eventually get one of these guys serioulsy injured or killed. Just so you know Im not one sided, I dont think a victims family should be able to protest the funeral of murderer or what have you.

I believe in the right to protest. That right was particularly given to protest the gov't. Not to protest dead folks at funerals.

BEAST Limiting where you protest is no different than limiting where you can carry guns. Its not taking any rights away just limiting them to a point for a good cause

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Limiting where you protest is no different than limiting where you can carry guns. Its not taking any rights away just limiting them to a point for a good cause

Problem is..people will be ok with limiting as long as they agree with the limitations..what happens when it limits something you dont think it should?

I can promise you some politican will produce a bill saying protesting at Goverment events is unsafe

BEAST
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Problem is..people will be ok with limiting as long as they agree with the limitations..what happens when it limits something you dont think it should?

I can promise you some politican will produce a bill saying protesting at Goverment events is unsafe

Thats when the American people speak up. We as a nation didnt like where we were heading and so we changed it last November.

BEAST

Bullaholic
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, it was nice hearing from all of you....:D

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Thats when the American people speak up. We as a nation didnt like where we were heading and so we changed it last November.

BEAST

My point is..Free speech should be for everyone, whether we agree with the message, the messanger or how they deliver it

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 12:03 PM

I can promise you some politican will produce a bill saying protesting at Goverment events is unsafe And I know its asking a lot of Government officials to have and use common sense when doing so :D

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
And I know its asking a lot of Government officials to have and use common sense when doing so :D

which is exactly why free speech is how it is.

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 12:14 PM
And I know its asking a lot of Government officials to have and use common sense when doing so :D Government and common sense do not ever belong in the same sentence.

DDBooger
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
My point is..Free speech should be for everyone, whether we agree with the message, the messanger or how they deliver it Rather simple, really. If you don't believe in the freedom of speech for those you don't agree with, you don't believe in freedom of speech. All this other nonsense about changing directions and blah blah is just meandering into another topic all together.

44INAROW
01-12-2011, 12:24 PM
I don't give a rat's behind if it's PC or who's toes I step on saying this.. God forbid I have to bury one of my children (grandchildren) , if some "group" shows up at the funeral with protest signs, I would ask them to be removed. Just because they have the "right" to do it, doesn't make it the right thing to do. Protesting at this 9 year old little girls funeral is wrong, totally wrong and I dont' care what they believe in, there is a time and place for everything and this is not the time or place for them to do it. :hand: Freedom of Speech is one thing - common decency is another.....

DDBooger
01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I don't give a rat's behind if it's PC or who's toes I step on saying this.. God forbid I have to bury one of my children (grandchildren) , if some "group" shows up at the funeral with protest signs, I would ask them to be removed. Just because they have the "right" to do it, doesn't make it the right thing to do. Protesting at this 9 year old little girls funeral is wrong, totally wrong and I dont' care what they believe in, there is a time and place for everything and this is not the time or place for them to do it. :hand: Freedom of Speech is one thing - common decency is another..... I agree with everything you said. But none of us agree with it(Westboro). What it is about is where does it stop and can it be applied to something I WOULD protest. Therein lay the other side of the coin. That is why it is scary to write laws in haste that can be applied in another fashion later.

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Government and common sense do not ever belong in the same sentence. So kinda like Military Intelligence. :D

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I agree with everything you said. But none of us agree with it(Westboro). What it is about is where does it stop and can it be applied to something I WOULD protest. Therein lay the other side of the coin. That is why it is scary to write laws in haste that can be applied in another fashion later. Which is what will happen!

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
I agree with everything you said. But none of us agree with it(Westboro). What it is about is where does it stop and can it be applied to something I WOULD protest. Therein lay the other side of the coin. That is why it is scary to write laws in haste that can be applied in another fashion later. With that said then I have the right to protest that which I don't deem as acceptable. Westboro is not acceptable. I bet I could provoke those female dogs into physicality first. Then it would be my turn.:D

DDBooger
01-12-2011, 12:54 PM
With that said then I have the right to protest that which I don't deem as acceptable. Westboro is not acceptable. I bet I could provoke those female dogs into physicality first. Then it would be my turn.:D lol I assume you could. But to tell you the truth. they're quite zen like in how they respond. It's like there is nothing there except for them. Be it gays, parents of soldiers, supporters....all have tried to instigate them and they just chant their horrible epithets. Proving they aren't crazy, cause they'd be torn to shreds if they responded.

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 12:58 PM
lol I assume you could. But to tell you the truth. they're quite zen like in how they respond. It's like there is nothing there except for them. Be it gays, parents of soldiers, supporters....all have tried to instigate them and they just chant their horrible epithets. Proving they aren't crazy, cause they'd be torn to shreds if they responded. I've seen that on their interviews. Like programmed robots. I still bet I could get it done.

Blastoderm55
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Plus according to their website, most of them are lawyers. I doubt anyone gets them to throw the first blow.

PPHSfan
01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
With that said then I have the right to protest that which I don't deem as acceptable. Westboro is not acceptable. I bet I could provoke those female dogs into physicality first. Then it would be my turn.:D

Don't let them drag you down to their level. They will beat you with experience. Try to remember this. It may help you get through it all. If you search the world over you will always be able to find a place where things are made or done as well as we make or do them here. With the exception of TWO things. Football and Freedom. Don't fight the right. Embrace the right. And be proud that you live in a place where even the world's largest ass can say what is on their mind. They can protest my funeral when I die, as long as there are people willing to die for their right to do so.

DDBooger
01-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Plus according to their website, most of them are lawyers. I doubt anyone gets them to throw the first blow. That I did not know. Religious zealots with law degrees promoting hate. Sounds like a B movie.

Farmersfan
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Limiting where you protest is no different than limiting where you can carry guns. Its not taking any rights away just limiting them to a point for a good cause

The question is: Who gets to decide what is a "good cause" and what isn't???

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Don't let them drag you down to their level. They will beat you with experience. Try to remember this. It may help you get through it all. If you search the world over you will always be able to find a place where things are made or done as well as we make or do them here. With the exception of TWO things. Football and Freedom. Don't fight the right. Embrace the right. And be proud that you live in a place where even the world's largest ass can say what is on their mind. They can protest my funeral when I die, as long as there are people willing to die for their right to do so. I agree but my 4 sons might object. If they didn't .... well I did a bad job of raising them. Rude behavior will not tolerated around our women, kids or funerals for that matter. They have every right to say what they want. I also have the right to object and disagree with their beliefs.

PPHSfan
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Freedom is a trump card. Either you leave the spades in the deck and deal with it, or pull them out and play Old Maid. ~pphsfan

Farmersfan
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Freedom is a trump card. Either you leave the spades in the deck and deal with it, or pull them out and play Old Maid. ~pphsfan

Nice! :clap:

rykerx144
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Freedom is a trump card. Either you leave the spades in the deck and deal with it, or pull them out and play Old Maid. ~pphsfan :clap: :thumbsup:

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I hear a faint sucking noise coming through my computer. Does anyone else hear it?

Bullaholic
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Protecting our citizens while insuring that their rights are not violated is like trying to have sex while standing up in a hammock---Bullaholic

garciap77
01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
So kinda like Military Intelligence. :D

"Military Intelligence" is not the problem, politicians are!:mad:

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
"Military Intelligence" is not the problem, politicians are!:mad: :clap:

rykerx144
01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
I hear a faint sucking noise coming through my computer. Does anyone else hear it?

no your mic is probably just turned up too loud and your getting your feedback!

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Protecting our citizens while insuring that their rights are not violated is like trying to have sex while standing up in a hammock---Bullaholic And see there is always a solution to every problem. Like that one for instance, Just cut down the hammock and go on about your business.:D

garciap77
01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
And see there is always a solution to every problem. Like that one for instance, Just cut down the hammock and go on about your business.:D
:clap:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/Duh_.gif

DDBooger
01-12-2011, 01:43 PM
"Military Intelligence" is not the problem, politicians are!:mad: a lot of non-coms beg to differ lol

garciap77
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
a lot of non-coms beg to differ lol

Did you say condoms?:D

DDBooger
01-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Did you say condoms?:D ribbed

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The question is: Who gets to decide what is a "good cause" and what isn't??? Unfortunetly the same people that determine where we can and can't have our guns:doh: :dispntd:

garciap77
01-12-2011, 01:51 PM
ribbed
pleasure

GrTigers6
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
pleasure For her

garciap77
01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
For her

:eek: :eek: :eek:

MUSTANG69
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Just read a news article saying that the Westboro Church has decided not to picket the 9-year old girl's funeral in exchange for airtime on a Saturday morning talk show according to Shirley Phelps-Roper. The Westboro Church said they are going to show up to picket the judge's funeral.

Still a bunch of sick SOB's.