Agree

bobcat4life
01-11-2011, 12:34 AM
TCU by 7. Auburn didnt impress me

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
TCU by 7. Auburn didnt impress me

Homer post. Both of those teams were great.

LoboesWT
01-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Ahh, the great what if thread!

bobcat1
TCU would beat either team that played tonight. Their Defense was better and their QB certainly was. TCU is the National Champ regardless in my mind.

bobcat4life
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Homer post. Both of those teams were great. Well sorry for only watching 5 Auburn games this year. I think TCU would win on a neutral field. I was rooting for Auburn but outside of Fairley and Newton at times were completely unimpressive

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Well sorry for only watching 5 Auburn games this year. I think TCU would win on a neutral field. I was rooting for Auburn but outside of Fairley and Newton at times were completely unimpressive Auburn's rb had a great game

bobcat4life
01-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Auburn's rb had a great game More like a great final drive and a couple of decent 10-12 yard runs. He had only 70 something yards until the final 2 runs (57 total yards on those) but nowhere near a good game

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I just watched a fantastic game between two fantastic teams. Not sure what you saw.

bobcat4life
01-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I just watched a fantastic game between two fantastic teams. Not sure what you saw. A game of disappointing offenses that was boring until the final 6 minutes

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I just watched a fantastic game between two fantastic teams. Not sure what you saw. LOL guess Bo Jackson set the bar too high.

big daddy russ
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Two of my favorite teams.

Anyone who thinks Auburn couldn't hang with TCU is crazy. Auburn outran the Ducks, which I didn't think would happen. Beat them to the outside, kept their rushing game in check.

TCU's fast, but they aren't big. They'd struggle between the tackles just as Oregon did.

BUT, it would be a great game just like tonight's.

More like a great final drive and a couple of decent 10-12 yard runs. He had only 70 something yards until the final 2 runs (57 total yards on those) but nowhere near a good game
He had 86 yards on 20 carries before those last couple of runs for an average of 4.3 ypc. But it wasn't just about the yards gained, it was how he gained them. Not much trickery, misdirection, or stretch plays, pretty much just straight up the gut all night long.

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
LOL guess Bo Jackson set the bar too high.

Lol. What did you think of the game Booger? I saw a ton of speed and some balls out hustle.

DDBooger
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Lol. What did you think of the game Booger? I saw a ton of speed and some balls out hustle. I think they were a little rusty, but I saw a lot of speed, flow to the ball and Offenses forced to do things they weren't used to. Auburn made the adjustments. Fairley took over the game though. That guy was a wrecking crew. Even when he was the key, he blew up the plays.

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Well sorry for only watching 5 Auburn games this year. I think TCU would win on a neutral field. I was rooting for Auburn but outside of Fairley and Newton at times were completely unimpressive

why so harsh?..........a good team beat another good team tonight.

No one knows who wins in an Auburn/TCU matchup...using what we ve seen on tv or what we see in the paper.........Give Auburn a little credit...they held a high scoring fast paced offense in check and when they needed to went down and scored to win.

Auburn staff (which by the way as a lot texas hs. connections) did a great job of game planning and having their team ready to play just like the TCU staff did in the Rose Bowl.

the system is what ...what it is and everyone knows the rules when they line up and play the season.

oh yeah ...I was very impressed with Auburn s D esp. the D-Line...all of them.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Homer post. Both of those teams were great.

I think both teams were GOOD..not great..nearly 1,000 yards of total offense but only 41 combined points

result ended up being excited, but it was to sloppy IMO to say they were great teams at least last night

Phil C
01-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I just watched a fantastic game between two fantastic teams. Not sure what you saw.

I agree but still one can't help but wonder what would have happened if TCU had played Auburn. It is sort of like the 1969 season when people wondered what would have happened if Penn State played Texas in the Cotton Bowl. The key difference is that Penn State could have played Texas but they chose the players chose the Orange Bowl for fun in the sun - TCU didn't have that chance.

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Auburn got hosed in 2004 just as much as TCU did this year. Both of the teams that played last night deserved to be there. In 2004 OU had no business anywhere near the BCS title game. How's that for an argument?

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Auburn got hosed in 2004 just as much as TCU did this year. Both of the teams that played last night deserved to be there. In 2004 OU had no business anywhere near the BCS title game. How's that for an argument?

not really an argument at all..what does 2004 have to do with this year

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not really an argument at all..what does 2004 have to do with this year

Really? Are you just being funny?

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Really? Are you just being funny?

no I am not..what does what happen in 2004 have to do with now and the idea that TCU could play with either of the teams that played last night

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 09:36 AM
no I am not..what does what happen in 2004 have to do with now and the idea that TCU could play with either of the teams that played last night

you know that Auburn was undefeated that season and was passed over to play in the title game?..........ou v. usc and it was a blow out sc win....which i think has now been vacated............I think he means Auburn has been in TCU position.

waterboy
01-11-2011, 09:46 AM
I've said all along that I think TCU could play with either of the teams in the BCS Championship game. Whether they could beat them, who knows, but it just gives more ammo to the idea of a playoff format in college football. It's something that definitely needs to happen. I think TCU's defense is every bit as good as either of these two, and given the same amount of time to prepare would've been a little better. Offensively, TCU is just as versatile, too. I would absolutely love to see TCU match up with Auburn.

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Do I think TCU could play and win against Auburn or Oregon?

You bet.

Did the two teams that played for the title deserve to be there?

Yes.

Did the two teams that played in 2004 deserve to be there?

No

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you know that Auburn was undefeated that season and was passed over to play in the title game?..........ou v. usc and it was a blow out sc win....which i think has now been vacated............I think he means Auburn has been in TCU position.

I know the reference..just dont understand the relevance to the 2010 season...We can go back and pick a NUMBER of teams who shoulda and coulda.

Third
01-11-2011, 10:03 AM
There was a lot of talk of Auburn's offense being so potent and so versatile but they looked awfully vanilla out there and it was probably because they were blowing Oregon off the ball.

Basically it was Dyer on a dive play, Dyer off tackle and Newton falling forward for the first down for much of the second half. When Oregon did force them into 3rd and long a little pressure is all it took to force Cam into a bad throw.

I'm not a big fan of all the time off either. Both teams were not in top form.

Matthew328
01-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Its sad we have to play the what if game but it is what it is

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM

I agree. I think sometimes we set the bar too high on the offensive side of things because we want to be thrilled by two teams trading long scoring plays. When you have two teams with the talent on defense that these two have and give them 36 days to prepare for each other, you are going to cut down the big play possibilities a bunch. Oregon is really fun to watch---always has unconventional unis and ways to attack teams---that is refreshing to watch. Auburn is just big, athletic, and fast---hard combo to beat unless you can match them in every one of those areas.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree. I think sometimes we set the bar too high on the offensive side of things because we want to be thrilled by two teams trading long scoring plays. When you have two teams with the talent on defense that these two have and give them 36 days to prepare for each other, you are going to cut down the big play possibilities a bunch. Oregon is really fun to watch---always has unconventional unis and ways to attack teams---that is refreshing to watch. Auburn is just big, athletic, and fast---hard combo to beat unless you can match them in every one of those areas.

again the two teams combined for 1,000 yards of offense..except for a couple of goal line stands I never felt the defenses were dominating as much as the offenses were making alot of mistakes

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
damn you BCS for denying us this

TCU vs Auburn would be a Ravens-Steelers type affair with the toughest team left standing. I think TCU could pull off a win because I think Dalton would spray the ball around and mix the run in well.

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Its sad we have to play the what if game but it is what it is

If there were a playoff there still would be people playing the what if game.........if it were a four team playoff people would grip the 5th ranked team should of or could of won it all...if it were 8, 16, 32 64 wouldn't matter than the arguements would be its watered down...some would say team A had the easier bracket to the title over team B.................and then there would be those that wouldn't give credit to the title winner cause they felt the real title game was played in an earlier round (that statement is made yearly in the high school playoffs).

at least now the system allows for a title game to be played every year.

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
heres one what if Auburn could be Oregon...but couldn't beat TCU...and Oregon could beat TCU....but couldn't beat Auburn.............or TCU could beat Oregon but not Auburn?

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 10:24 AM

at least now the system allows for a title game to be played every year.

and so would a play off

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
heres one what if Auburn could be Oregon...but couldn't beat TCU...and Oregon could beat TCU....but couldn't beat Auburn.............or TCU could beat Oregon but not Auburn?

Classic BCS conundrum year-in, year-out. Maybe a simplified top-4 team playoff would work. 1 plays 3, 2 plays 4, and then the winners play for the NC. The playoff sites could be rotated yearly among the major bowls.

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
and so would a play off

yes it would..........but the what if game would still be play by some...don't you agree?

I might not like the system...but it is what it is and I not going to take away from the accomplishment of those that participate and win a title.

Auburn won.

If I were going to play the what if game and put together a playoff......I would think that Ok. State and Bama...would of bounced back from last game losses in the regular season and given TCU, Oregon and Auburn games.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:36 AM
again the two teams combined for 1,000 yards of offense..except for a couple of goal line stands I never felt the defenses were dominating as much as the offenses were making alot of mistakes

Maybe due to the defenses? ;)

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Maybe due to the defenses? ;)

the mistakes were due to the defenses...is that what you meant....cause I was thinking the samething...............with the amount of speed on the field....I would think there would be a lot mistakes.

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
again the two teams combined for 1,000 yards of offense..except for a couple of goal line stands I never felt the defenses were dominating as much as the offenses were making alot of mistakes :ditto: :iagree:

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:ditto: :iagree:

Suckup---you're just trying to get TXB to give you a guest shot on the show, ain't ya'? :D

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Suckup---you're just trying to get TXB to give you a guest shot on the show, ain't ya'? :D No. For once he's right.:p

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
:ditto: :iagree:

there was a title game not too long ago the the two teams combined for 1130 yards and 79 points and was won in the final 20 seconds.................there are a lot people that consider that a classic and one of the best title games ever and some I guess that would call it a game played by two talent teams with no defenses and last team with ball wins...........it had a nice goal line stand to.

the team that won is(was) the champion.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
No. For once he's right.:p

I rest my case....:D

Black_Magic
01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
If there were a playoff there still would be people playing the what if game.........if it were a four team playoff people would grip the 5th ranked team should of or could of won it all...if it were 8, 16, 32 64 wouldn't matter than the arguements would be its watered down...some would say team A had the easier bracket to the title over team B.................and then there would be those that wouldn't give credit to the title winner cause they felt the real title game was played in an earlier round (that statement is made yearly in the high school playoffs).

at least now the system allows for a title game to be played every year. WOW!! :rolleyes: ... Look College football is the only NCAA sport that does not have a playoff.... I dont think we completely scrap the BCS ranking System. I just think there are enough teams out there that Could be the best team in the country. Auburn may be the best but then they may not. there is still doubt because of the way they do it. I think to make the Title game Legit you gota expand the number of teams that cant play for it. TCU was no way going to play for the championship because they dont play as tough of a schedule as some others. Is that thier fault. NO , because the "Big Dogs" wont play the TCU or the Boise St because they dont have to. EVERY team should have a legitimate shot at the tital game. Keep the bowl games!!! just incoporate them into a say 8 or 10 team play off. Heck, some of them play 12 or 13 games before the bowl game anyway. Just make them play a max of 11 games in a year including a confrence championship. then let them play off over 4 weeks after than with a championship played about the same time in Janurary... The way it is does NOT give us a legit "National Champion".

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
WOW!! :rolleyes: ... Look College football is the only NCAA sport that does not have a playoff.... I dont think we completely scrap the BCS ranking System. I just think there are enough teams out there that Could be the best team in the country. Auburn may be the best but then they may not. there is still doubt because of the way they do it. I think to make the Title game Legit you gota expand the number of teams that cant play for it. TCU was no way going to play for the championship because they dont play as tough of a schedule as some others. Is that thier fault. NO , because the "Big Dogs" wont play the TCU or the Boise St because they dont have to. EVERY team should have a legitimate shot at the tital game. Keep the bowl games!!! just incoporate them into a say 8 or 10 team play off. Heck, some of them play 12 or 13 games before the bowl game anyway. Just make them play a max of 11 games in a year including a confrence championship. then let them play off over 4 weeks after than with a championship played about the same time in Janurary... The way it is does NOT give us a legit "National Champion".

Division I College Football doesn't have a playoff........others do. I agree that there probably needs to be a better system. Even with a playoff someone would get left out and argue...or play the what if game.

question is who gets into a playoff? I like the idea of only conference champs....but some conferences are stacked.....what if its the top sixteen teams...........then the stacked conferences might get 4-5 teams....then to put a limit on the number of teams from a conference........well then that s not fair.............there is a better system for a title........my ranting or posts have been because someone will always complain and play what if. The complaining and what if takes away from the accomplishments of those that win the title and are champs....and I like to give a little credit where it is due.

I agree keep the bowls.......the extra practice time during bowls is longer for some teams than spring ball...it also rewards the players(sort of) and brings in money for communities hosting the games.

Black_Magic
01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Division I College Football doesn't have a playoff........others do. I agree that there probably needs to be a better system. Even with a playoff someone would get left out and argue...or play the what if game.
Sure someone is going to cry foul. But not like they have for the last 6 or so years. Sure #11 with two losses on the record may "SAY" they are the best team but not may would agree at all. On the other hand when you have a TCU who is with no losses Or a Boise State then they do have an argument. to say they only way to have a playoff is if it is PERFECT is silly. it will improve the situation.

Tx Challenge
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow! All I can say is WAR EAGLE!!!! I think BDR and I are the only die hard fans on the board. Been waiting for this day to say National Champs forever! Even the hangover today isn’t too bad : ) I have taken a lot of grief over the years and some frustrating seasons, but that just makes it all that more special!!!

I make it a point to not get too personal on a msg board, but I also stand by what I have posted in the past. We all love our teams folks. Nothing wrong with that. We all have passion for the game, or we wouldn’t be here. In my 6 + years on this site, many friends have been met and I have learned a lot in areas other than football.

I have been on record here saying we need a playoff system in college many times. My opinion has not changed. We can all wonder what if, but, under the current system we can have multiple undefeated teams. It is the way it is. This isn’t the first time it has happened and certainly won’t be the last. TCU got left out this year as did Auburn in 04. I have not forgot the feeling at all. It sux plain and simple. I hate the fact that we have what if’s. No one knows if TCU would/would not beat Auburn or Oregon.

The BCS has too many side deals going on. What is the point of rankings if higher ranked teams don’t get to play in a BCS bowl due to the fact that certain conference champs get an automatic bid? Still it is better than the old days when say a SWC champ had to go to the Cotton and a SEC to the Sugar, even if they were the only 2 teams undefeated. At least now, we would see that matchup. Still the what if factor comes in if there are more undefeated teams.

WAR EAGLE!!!!! National Champs!!!!
:D :D :D

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Wow! All I can say is WAR EAGLE!!!! I think BDR and I are the only die hard fans on the board. Been waiting for this day to say National Champs forever! Even the hangover today isn’t too bad : ) I have taken a lot of grief over the years and some frustrating seasons, but that just makes it all that more special!!!

I make it a point to not get too personal on a msg board, but I also stand by what I have posted in the past. We all love our teams folks. Nothing wrong with that. We all have passion for the game, or we wouldn’t be here. In my 6 + years on this site, many friends have been met and I have learned a lot in areas other than football.

I have been on record here saying we need a playoff system in college many times. My opinion has not changed. We can all wonder what if, but, under the current system we can have multiple undefeated teams. It is the way it is. This isn’t the first time it has happened and certainly won’t be the last. TCU got left out this year as did Auburn in 04. I have not forgot the feeling at all. It sux plain and simple. I hate the fact that we have what if’s. No one knows if TCU would/would not beat Auburn or Oregon.

The BCS has too many side deals going on. What is the point of rankings if higher ranked teams don’t get to play in a BCS bowl due to the fact that certain conference champs get an automatic bid? Still it is better than the old days when say a SWC champ had to go to the Cotton and a SEC to the Sugar, even if they were the only 2 teams undefeated. At least now, we would see that matchup. Still the what if factor comes in if there are more undefeated teams.

WAR EAGLE!!!!! National Champs!!!!
:D :D :D

Very happy for you, BDR, and all the Auburn fans, TxC---A NC trophy is something that not many schools have in their trophy cases---much less two....Congrats to the Auburn Tigers---Fly War Eagle, fly....

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Sure someone is going to cry foul. But not like they have for the last 6 or so years. Sure #11 with two losses on the record may "SAY" they are the best team but not may would agree at all. On the other hand when you have a TCU who is with no losses Or a Boise State then they do have an argument. to say they only way to have a playoff is if it is PERFECT is silly. it will improve the situation.

just like the BCS system improved the old....voters for AP and UPI right?

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 11:54 AM

please understand...not trying to say TCU shouldn't have a right to play in the title or a chance at it...........TCU isn't complaining aloud if they are .....they played hard in the Rose Bowl even without a chance at a title they didn't feel sorry for themselves and campaign for a share of the title..............they played through the system fair or not and now they have done what they need to do to get that fair shot at future titles..............and for it and other things they have done at TCU I respect them a lot.........think about it they are probably moving to a weaker football conference than the one they are leaving and now have a better chance at playing for a title. I think those people making the decisions at TCU are the smartest people running an athletic program of all the universities in Texas...maybe even the country...............and I applaud the fact that at the break up of the SWC...they didn't try ride the coattails of other universities..........everything TCU has done in all sports was earned by TCU.

Black_Magic
01-11-2011, 12:43 PM
just like the BCS system improved the old....voters for AP and UPI right? I think it was an improvement. But to say you should not have a playoff like EVERY OTHER NCAA sport is just silly. It sounds like some are saying that the reason NOT to have a playoff is because it wont be perfect either... Nothing is perfect in any NCAA sport... Its life.. but you can easily improve football by at least a playoff between the top 8 or 4 teams... right now it just is not legit to call auburn "National Chanmpions"...

Tx Challenge
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it was an improvement. But to say you should not have a playoff like EVERY OTHER NCAA sport is just silly. It sounds like some are saying that the reason NOT to have a playoff is because it wont be perfect either... Nothing is perfect in any NCAA sport... Its life.. but you can easily improve football by at least a playoff between the top 8 or 4 teams... right now it just is not legit to call auburn "National Chanmpions"...

I see your point, but to say that Auburn being National Champs is not legit? They played in the National Championship game and won....They are the National Champs!!!.....They did it under the current system. Is they system flawed? Sure.....

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
right now it just is not legit to call auburn "National Chanmpions"...

Wow....so than we haven't had any National Champs in Division I ever?

and I guess we could than say we don't have a legit State Champions in football in Texas.......because in Texas..footballl is the only sport that divides up into divisions based on enrollments.

Auburn won the BCS National Championship..........according to the system in place Auburn and Oregon earned the right to play in the title game.

Black_Magic
01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Wow....so than we haven't had any National Champs in Division I ever?

National Champs... NO.. Finished Ranked #1 Yes.. As for High School football we do have a champion... There is a playoff... Brownwood folks would have preferd to do it the BCS way.. that way they would have played for the championship.. See... How wrong would that have been but thats what your defending:rolleyes:

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
National Champs... NO.. Finished Ranked #1 Yes.. As for High School football we do have a champion... There is a playoff... Brownwood folks would have preferd to do it the BCS way.. that way they would have played for the championship.. See... How wrong would that have been but thats what your defending:rolleyes: Nice dig!;)

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I think it was an improvement. But to say you should not have a playoff like EVERY OTHER NCAA sport is just silly. It sounds like some are saying that the reason NOT to have a playoff is because it wont be perfect either... Nothing is perfect in any NCAA sport... Its life.. but you can easily improve football by at least a playoff between the top 8 or 4 teams... right now it just is not legit to call auburn "National Chanmpions"...

i don't know just exactly who is keeping the system the way it is...the University Presidents and Regents, Coaches, Bowl Sponsers....or even maybe ESPN...they profit greatly with the bowl system also.....but am sure if it were as easy as we make it out on this board and in the workplace to put into place a playoff ....it would of probably already been done............it's gotta be the money made with the current system......the universities, networks and im sure the ncaa make quite bit...somehow.

Bullaholic
01-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Nice dig!;)

Well, that is one way to bring the BW boys out of hibernation...:D

Black_Magic
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Nice dig!;) thanks but It really was not ment that way but I will take credit anyway:p

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
National Champs... NO.. Finished Ranked #1 Yes.. As for High School football we do have a champion... There is a playoff... Brownwood folks would have preferd to do it the BCS way.. that way they would have played for the championship.. See... How wrong would that have been but thats what your defending:rolleyes:

no with the current system we have two champions( and I guess in class A we have 4) in each class only for football..........and why is that?

Tx Challenge
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
i don't know just exactly who is keeping the system the way it is...the University Presidents and Regents, Coaches, Bowl Sponsers....or even maybe ESPN...they profit greatly with the bowl system also.....but am sure if it were as easy as we make it out on this board and in the workplace to put into place a playoff ....it would of probably already been done............it's gotta be the money made with the current system......the universities, networks and im sure the ncaa make quite bit...somehow.

Yeah it is all about $$$$$$

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Well, that is one way to bring the BW boys out of hibernation...:D They are too busy watching pumpkin ball right now. You could find them I bet on the 3A Basketball site if there is such a thing. :D

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Yeah it is all about $$$$$$

Lol. Really?

Everything in the world is about the money.

You may not believe this, but even politics and religion are about money.

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Lol. Really?

more like even love and happiness are also.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 02:14 PM
no with the current system we have two champions( and I guess in class A we have 4) in each class only for football..........and why is that?

no there is not 4 champs in Class A.

And even having two champs a class, there is still a play off in place to decide those two

PPHSfan
01-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Where is the tongue in cheek smiley?

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
no there is not 4 champs in Class A.

And even having two champs a class, there is still a play off in place to decide those two

sure aren' t six man schools classified as class A school?.......could of swore that s how I read it: http://www.uiltexas.org/football/alignments class A six man DI etc. Couldn't a school win state in six man football but win one of the Class A divisons in basketball........or kid play on sixman state championship team and win state championship in Class Track?

yes there is a playoff system to determine two champions in one class....a system that allows for a school to possibly be champion in two divisions in consecutive seasons...........yet all other sports play for a unified class champion.

now understand....I feel there is no true champion per class in football......but I will never get on this board or in a discussion and say we have no "legit" champions.............the system is what is.

so we have two champions.........doesn't hurt my feelings.

gosh oh mighty....I left out a word....meant to I would never say we have no legit champion added no to original post...sorry for that.

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
sure aren' t six man schools classified as class A school?.......could of swore that s how I read it......Class A six man DI etc. Couldn't a school win state in six man football but win one of the Class A divisons in basketball........or kid play on sixman state championship team and win state championship in Class Track?

yes there is a playoff system to determine two champions in one class....a system that allows for a school to possibly be champion in two divisions in consecutive seasons...........yet all other sports play for a unified class champion.

now understand....I feel there is no true champion per class in football......but I will never get on this board or in a discussion and say we have "legit" champions.............the system is what is.

so we have two champions.........doesn't hurt my feelings.

ahh i see what u mean about 1A..I dont count 6man football as 1A to be honest when it comes to football

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
ahh i see what u mean about 1A..I dont count 6man football as 1A to be honest when it comes to football

how s the Rammer Jammer book coming along?

Tx Challenge
01-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Lol. Really?

:D that is what I was saying!!

Txbroadcaster
01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
how s the Rammer Jammer book coming along?

Really good..u read it?

NastySlot
01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Really good..u read it?

no but it might be put on my summer reading list.