PDA

View Full Version : Any Ambien CR Takers?

Antec
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Does anyone out there take Ambien CR to help you sleep?

I've been taking it for almost two years which is really too long already

Take 2 12.5Mg-I fall asleep pretty fast but wake up at 3 in the morning then I can't go back to sleep.

Trying to take it later tonight instead of 9 p.m. so maybe I can sleep later.

Hear they are addictive and I really need to quit but i have terribe case of insomnia

waterboy
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Sounds to me like you have stress-induced sleep deprivation syndrome. Is there something in your life that is causing undue stress? There was a time in my life where I dreaded going to bed because I knew I would have trouble falling asleep. That sounds like what you have --- a fear of lack of sleep, often caused by stress in your life, or simply put -- anxiety. It also sounds like you may have built up a tolerance to Ambien CR if it's not working like it's supposed to. It's time to get your doctor to change your medication. I suggest that he give you something along the lines of diazapam (valium) 10mg to not only let you rest, but to treat the anxiety that you are experiencing. Some doctors are reluctant to give out this type of medicine, but you are dependent on Ambien CR already and need to get off that medication. You will likely have to ask him for it, or something stronger than what you are already taking, but if you have a good relationship with your doctor and can talk to him he shouldn't have a problem with it. If he does, find another doctor and have a talk with him and explain what's going on. I've seen people have to go to three or four doctors seeking the right doctor that'll help you. Good luck, and I'll definitely say a prayer for you.

ccmom
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
I take it and haven't had any issues with waking in the middle of the night. I DO however have episodes of "amnesia" (for lack of a better word) in which I will have said or done something an hour or so after I took the medication and I will have zero memory of it! :eek: Sometimes I will remember if someone brings it up, but sometimes I can't remember at all!! :eek:

A neighbor of ours is a physician and he took it once and ended up driving through the front doors of a convenience store a couple of hours later and he never remembered getting behind the wheel. Thankfully no one was hurt and he never took it again.

I have learned to take it and go straight to bed! Keeps me out of trouble!!

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
My old man takes it. I always tell him if he hasn't heard from me and he takes it that night to call me so I know not to call him once it hits him. Makes him crazy and he never remembers any of it. But it helps him sleep.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
What ever happened to a good ole "romp in the hay"....knocks me out every time!!:D

Best natural sedative EVER!!!

44INAROW
01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What ever happened to a good ole "romp in the hay"....knocks me out every time!!:D

you go girl.............. :D

bobcat4life
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Best natural sedative EVER!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

LoboesWT
01-11-2011, 05:58 PM

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKIN ABOUT!!!! YEE HAW:D

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Best natural sedative EVER!!! :ditto: If done correctly with great conclusions.:D

ccmom
01-11-2011, 06:08 PM

Bragger!! :mad:

;)

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 06:25 PM

HELL to the YEAH!! Where can I get a perscription for that?

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
HELL to the YEAH!! Where can I get a perscription for that?

It's free and plentiful where I live!!

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM

Doesn't help me much, now does it?:(

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Doesn't help me much, now does it?:(

I certainly hope not!!:eek:

44INAROW
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM

dang girlfriend - sounds like life has been treating you good lately.. :) so refreshing to hear a happy marriage :)

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
It's free and plentiful where I live!! No such thing as free. I always get new fishing stuff. ;)

garciap77
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/rope_him_in.gif

Ranger Mom
01-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
dang girlfriend - sounds like life has been treating you good lately.. :) so refreshing to hear a happy marriage :)

LOL!! I told ya!!;)

Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/rope_him_in.gif

I only had to rope him one time, when we first met....he was TERRIFIED of me!:p

Originally posted by bobcat1
No such thing as free. I always get new fishing stuff. ;)

I's a mutual trade-off!!

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
I's a mutual trade-off!! Zactly!

LoboesWT
01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
The Non-Sports forum is getting more action than it has in awhile, almost as much as Ranger Mom. :D

bobcat1
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
The Non-Sports forum is getting more action than it has in awhile, almost as much as Ranger Mom. :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
01-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm still awake!:mad:

SintonFan
01-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I take it and haven't had any issues with waking in the middle of the night. I DO however have episodes of "amnesia" (for lack of a better word) in which I will have said or done something an hour or so after I took the medication and I will have zero memory of it! :eek: Sometimes I will remember if someone brings it up, but sometimes I can't remember at all!! :eek:

A neighbor of ours is a physician and he took it once and ended up driving through the front doors of a convenience store a couple of hours later and he never remembered getting behind the wheel. Thankfully no one was hurt and he never took it again.

I have learned to take it and go straight to bed! Keeps me out of trouble!!

:eek:

*note to self*

Buy Denise Ambien CR!:D

SintonFan
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm still awake!:mad:

Have you tried Melatonin?

You can use this and Ambien on alternating nights. Or use Unisom and Ambien on alternative nights. Or all three alternating!

Ask your doctor if this is safe to try. I did.

Seems to work just fine(for me) using one product one night and then another, another night. Your body never has a chance to build up an immunity toward one sleep aid.

Good luck.

btw, i had to do the "footwork" for my doctor(s)... they seem to think there is a one-size-fits-all approach to everything... ehh.

ccmom
01-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Have you tried Melatonin?

You can use this and Ambien on alternating nights. Or use Unisom and Ambien on alternative nights. Or all three alternating!

Ask your doctor if this is safe to try. I did.

Seems to work just fine(for me) using one product one night and then another, another night. Your body never has a chance to build up an immunity toward one sleep aid.

Good luck.

btw, i had to do the "footwork" for my doctor(s)... they seem to think there is a one-size-fits-all approach to everything... ehh. Thanks for the tip! :)

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm still awake!:mad: I bet Ranger Mom can give you some more good night's sleep tips. ;)

Ranger Mom
01-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I bet Ranger Mom can give you some more good night's sleep tips. ;)

Nope!! That's all I got!! :)

Ranger Mom
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
The Non-Sports forum is getting more action than it has in awhile, almost as much as Ranger Mom. :D

:eek: :eek: ;)

waterboy
01-12-2011, 09:23 AM

:clap: :clap: Yep! Or you could try what ^^she^^ said!:inlove: I haven't had trouble getting to sleep in years!:D

Blackcat1954
01-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Right now Ambien gets me to sleep- after about 20 minutes-just staying asleep

Have to take it around 11:30 a.m. so I won't wake up at 3 a.m. in the morning

took it at 11 last night and woke up at 5 with two hours left to sleep

Will take it later tonight-It nice when you can sleep until 7- leave for work at 7:30 and get there a little after 8

But seriously I need to get off Ambien-Can't take it forever Its costly and will eventually affect my body

waterboy
01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Definitely time for a change in medications! Might I suggest you go with RM's prescription? It sounds MUCH better than mine, and is a whole lot more fun!:D Of course, most people need a second party for that....:thinking: :eek: :doh:

:D

Ranger Mom
01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Definitely time for a change in medications! Might I suggest you go with RM's prescription? It sounds MUCH better than mine, and is a whole lot more fun!:D Of course, most people need a second party for that....:thinking: :eek: :doh:

:D

Definitely don't see it working for a "party of one!"

Ernest T Bass
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Definitely don't see it working for a "party of one!"

You'd be surprised. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Ranger Mom
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
You'd be surprised. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

:confused: Well then how can you..............what do you..........uhm, never mind!!

bobcat1
01-13-2011, 12:49 PM
:confused: Well then how can you..............what do you..........uhm, never mind!! Let me just say.... maybe not.. :cool:

Blackcat1954
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Tried Melatonin for the past week and a half with Ambien (Not alternating) and no help at all.

Just have that resistence built up to it and there's not much I can do

I see my dr on Monday-maybe she will change my medication up-Woke up at 3 a.m. this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

This is getting old already. Also Fighting Anxiety and Panic Attacks-Taking meds for that as well.

At least my depression attacks, also taking meds or that) has diminished some

Ranger Mom
01-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I feel bad, I didn't mean to make light of what sounds like a crappy situation. I have just never suffered from not being able to get a good nights sleep!!

But....what I said IS true....I sleep like a rock after.....ya know!!

SintonFan
01-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Tried Melatonin for the past week and a half with Ambien (Not alternating) and no help at all.

Don't buy the cheap Melatonin. Natrol makes a good one you could buy at Wal-Mart. Don't buy the time released version. It doesn't work very well.
The Melatonin from GNC works pretty good like the one from Wal-Mart.

You HAVE to alternate one or the other sleep aids and not combine the two.

One more tip, drink a big glass of water 15 minutes after you take any sleep aid. It helps to push it into your intestine where it works best.

If you are having panic attacks, please ask your Doctor for Zoloft or sertraline(generic). It seems to work pretty darn good for those I know who have mega-stress issues.

:)

PPHSfan
01-15-2011, 01:44 AM
I used to have problems sleeping. I broke down and dropped four grand on a top of the line Temperpedic(sp) mattress. Best money I've ever spent. Also you may want to ask your doctor about a sleep study. A cpap machine is better than drugs.

bobcat1
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I used to have problems sleeping. Also you may want to ask your doctor about a sleep study. A cpap machine is better than drugs. I have one and now can't sleep without it except for Sunday afternoons on the couch.:D

SintonFan
01-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I used to have problems sleeping. I broke down and dropped four grand on a top of the line Temperpedic(sp) mattress. Best money I've ever spent. Also you may want to ask your doctor about a sleep study. A cpap machine is better than drugs.

I'll second you on that. My Tempur-Pedic® is like sleeping on air. One of the best things about it is that neither I or my wife wake each other up anymore. All motions are absorbed by the mattress.

Blastoderm55
01-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I've gotta vouch for the memory foam technology too. I opted for the model sold by Denver Mattress that was about $1000 less than the comparable Tempurpedic, and its been fantastic.

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
I think I had a prescription for Ambien at one time, but if my memory is correct, it was a $50.00 copay for about 30 pills. I am far too cheap, but with that said, I woke up at 2:00 this morning and could not go back to sleep...

:foul:

I am really, really tired about now.:(

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM

I looked at those a few years ago. They seem like the most uncomfortable things in the world!

Ranger Mom
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
I looked at those a few years ago. They seem like the most uncomfortable things in the world!

I never tried one of those, but I bought a sleep number bed about 10 years ago....still love it today!!

But....I don't have trouble sleeping either, so that may be why!!

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM

But....I don't have trouble sleeping either, so that may be why!!

Yeah, well....:dispntd:

44INAROW
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Re: CPAP - My husband did a sleep study in July of 2008 and got his CPAP and he is like a new man..... He takes it everywhere - even over-night hunting trips. Now if we can get some of this weight off him (us) , he'll (we'll) even sleep better :)

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Re: CPAP - My husband did a sleep study in July of 2008 and got his CPAP and he is like a new man..... He takes it everywhere - even over-night hunting trips. Now if we can get some of this weight off him (us) , he'll (we'll) even sleep better :)

They say the same sleep aid that Ranger Mom uses is also the best calorie burner. Just sayin'