PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits Final Top Ten 3A DI

Rabbit'93
12-15-2002, 12:49 AM
This is just my opinion, so all you guys out there don't try and tear me a new one. Just post your own.
Here we go

1. Everman -
2. Forney
3. Burnet
4. Sinton
5. Jasper
6. Bridge City
7. Carthage
8. Wills Point
9. Abeline Wylie
10. take your pick

Let me hear from ya.

<small>[ December 16, 2002, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-15-2002, 12:53 AM
Well I don't think you are too far off with the top four, but I think that Greenwood and Bandera would belong in the top ten, even if they do have smaller schools.

PPHSfan
12-15-2002, 12:57 AM
I also think that Bridge City and Wills point are top twenty teams, but I don't think they finished strong enough to make the final ten cut.

jason
12-15-2002, 01:40 AM
Looks good....don't know about you 7, 8, and 9 spot....

Jacket2000
12-15-2002, 02:11 AM
I dont see how you could leave out 3 of the 4 div2 semifinalists and include Wills Point, Carthage, and Abilene Wylie.
J2K

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 02:15 AM
His poll was just for div. 1... :rolleyes:

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 02:17 AM
It looks very respectable.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
12-15-2002, 06:37 PM
Why didtn you put the Atlanta Rabbits in there. They went three deep and had a great year. They gave Texarkana this years Div.1 class 4A state champions one of if not there hardest games this year. Besides there T-Highs messed up loss against Mt.Pleasant. But the Rabbs do deserve to be a top 10 team.

big daddy russ
12-15-2002, 07:07 PM
Looks good to me. Atl_Rabb_Fan... I think you could safely slide Atlanta into that ten-hole.

Jimbotex40
12-15-2002, 09:59 PM
he left out 4 of the 4 D2 semifinalists.

this is a D1 poll...
and yes a agree that Atlanta should be up there also, they were way better than WP.

topdawg
12-15-2002, 10:35 PM
looks good to me, yall think daingerfield will be any good next year???

whtfbplaya
12-16-2002, 02:58 PM
WHART0N would have gone alot further if we had not faced Burnet in round 2.

jason
12-16-2002, 07:48 PM
haha...everybody would go further if they faced a less good team...Forney would have made the Finals if they haven't played Everman in the Semis....somebody should erase his post

Atl_Rabb_Fan
12-16-2002, 08:26 PM
Daingerfield should be good again next year. They have a lot of guys that will be back. But the big question is what will the UIL do after the incident in this past Saturdays game. They are investigating it and know one knows what will happen.

Rabbit'93
12-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Can you fill me in Rabb Fan, what happened? And yes your right atlanta probably should be in the top ten. I think you and wills point could share the same spot.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
12-16-2002, 09:11 PM
Well, there was a little more than 40 seconds left on the clock in the fourth quater. Greenwood was around the Daingerfield 30 or 35 yard line. Greenwood was just going to tack a knee and run out the clock and just end the game. Well, the QB took a knee and some of the Daingerfield guys decided to get one last hit and that is when things got crazy. People wre punching and people were getting slung all over the place. After that a lot of the Daingerfield guys took off out to the field. But like I already said not all went and not all of those that did were out there to join the fight. They were trying to pull there guys off. It was one of the if not the worse things I have ever seen at a High school game. But hopefully the whole team wont have to be punished for the actions of a few players. But please dont look at the whole town tht way. Cause most do not agree with what happened.

Phil C
12-17-2002, 11:22 AM
These picks are probably as good as any Rabbit93. I always believe polls are meaningless till after the season anyway and thank goodness things are decided on the field even though sometimes it is unfortunate that sometimes two of the State's best teams play early in the playoffs. I just saw the nation's no. 2 high school basketball team West Oak of Ohio I think got beat bad last week by Levon James from the No. 23 team so these nationwide high school polls are even more meaningless since they don't have a nationwide playoff in high school and are just opinions. So your poll is excellent since you have final results for Texas. Also I commend you for your clever No. 10 pick. :)
I have a special feeling for Forney because they played Everman two very tough games the past two years in the playoffs and had a very great team in baseball the last several years. I know we (Sinton) beat Forney in baseball state championship but you had a great team and we were fortunate to win.