PDA

View Full Version : U Texas coodinator search

Emerson1
01-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Am I missing the thread on this?

Texas has hired Boise State's o-coordinator Bryan Harsin to be a co-offensive coordinator with Applewhite. Also hired Manny Diaz, dcord from Mississippi state a couple of days ago.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/texas-lures-boise-state-offensive-coordinator-in-radical-staff-r/

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/texas-hires-mississippi-states-manny-diaz-as-defensive-coordinator/1

SHSBulldog00
01-08-2011, 09:42 PM
What's the latest on the OL Coach? Heard Bob Bostad of Wisconsin was being interviewed.

eagleqb_14
01-09-2011, 01:24 PM
sweet

OldBison75
01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
These hires will bring some new life to the Longhorn offense. Plus, the Boise coach will really help to solidify some of the recruits that may have been waiting to see if they wanted Texas or not.

Now the question is, can Gilbert adjust to the wide open fast paced offense we are gonna see from this offensive coordinator?

Methinks that we may see some real changes in personnel on the offensive side of the ball next year.

eagles_victory
01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
These hires will bring some new life to the Longhorn offense. Plus, the Boise coach will really help to solidify some of the recruits that may have been waiting to see if they wanted Texas or not.

Now the question is, can Gilbert adjust to the wide open fast paced offense we are gonna see from this offensive coordinator?

Methinks that we may see some real changes in personnel on the offensive side of the ball next year. You may be right I said all year all that talk about switching to a pro style offense and changing the offense last spring and in the fall camp was one of the reasons the offense was so bad.

ogg
01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

Methinks that we may see some real changes in personnel on the offensive side of the ball next year.

Gilbert failed to impress me on all levels last year.

Blastoderm55
01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ogg

No one on offense impressed, and that's the problem. Hopefully the new blood coming in can put the pieces into place and inspire a turnaround.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ogg

that is going to happen when you have a stable of RBs who are ok, but not great, a OL who gets no push in the run game and then struggles to pass block, and a WR corp who is young and has talent, but is not used correctly

eagles_victory
01-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
that is going to happen when you have a stable of RBs who are ok, but not great, a OL who gets no push in the run game and then struggles to pass block, and a WR corp who is young and has talent, but is not used correctly And the QB misses throw after throw

Daddy D 11
01-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Harsin doesn't run a wide opened fast paced offense.

He is more under center, and balanced. Lot's of play action and aggressive downfield passing. Boise always ran the ball very successfully between the tackles as well. Harsin is not a spread guy.

Black_Magic
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Need Leach. wont happen though

Daddy D 11
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
It wont happen because the search is already over.

SHSBulldog00
01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Here are the 3 Finalist.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/568467-texas-longhorn-football-bob-bostad-leads-a-trio-of-possible-ol-coach-candidates

ogg
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
that is going to happen when you have a stable of RBs who are ok, but not great, a OL who gets no push in the run game and then struggles to pass block, and a WR corp who is young and has talent, but is not used correctly

No. Gilbert throws too high, too low, leads too far on crossing patters, targets receivers and tracks handoffs. Never really looks comfortable in the pocket.

Yes there's many problems in the offense, but Gilbert was the biggest disappointment last season.

Phil C
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Here are the 3 Finalist.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/568467-texas-longhorn-football-bob-bostad-leads-a-trio-of-possible-ol-coach-candidates

I'll be delighted with either one of those three.

Daddy D 11
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
mack made the OC hire a week ago..

SHSBulldog00
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
mack made the OC hire a week ago..

Yeah but, we are talking about the OL position still open.

Phil C
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Other sites indicate that it should probably be either the OL Coach from Wisconsin, Oklahoma State or Auburn. No matter which one of the three I will be very happy because they all are good ones.