PDA

View Full Version : Lake Worth

YTBulldogs
01-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Is the HC position open here? If so, what happened to Whitmire?

Ernest T Bass
01-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Retired. If Brewster, his DC, decides he wants it then I would imagine this is a done deal.

fbjm
01-08-2011, 12:06 PM
You may be right, but if they were going to give it to Brewster why would they open it up? It's not required to be posted for 10 days if you move someone up. Just thinking out loud.

Ernest T Bass
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by fbjm
You may be right, but if they were going to give it to Brewster why would they open it up? It's not required to be posted for 10 days if you move someone up. Just thinking out loud.

Yes it is. Must be open for 10 days regardless. Besides, sometimes that's just a show for the few people who want to "see who we might be able to get".
But, Brewster's no spring chicken and has been with Whitmire for a long time(and has been an HC himself), so he may be on his way out, too. If it's truly open, Id expect a lot of applicants for this one.

Matthew328
01-08-2011, 12:19 PM
I've had 3 seperate coaches call me about this job wanting to know what my thoughts are

Ernest T Bass
01-08-2011, 12:20 PM
If you're not a consistant playoff team in 3a at Lake Worth, you're doing something wrong.

Matthew328
01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Agree, and if you can luck into getting some skill kids from Ft Worth to transfer in you can really do some damage

HeavyD
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
If you're not a consistant playoff team in 3a at Lake Worth, you're doing something wrong.

Well, the days of having Mathis at QB and Chitty at WR are long gone....don't think there will be another combo like those 2 any time soon.

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by HeavyD
Well, the days of having Mathis at QB and Chitty at WR are long gone....don't think there will be another combo like those 2 any time soon.
The Frogs were making runs before them and should continue to. Yes, they have the occasional down year where they go 3-7 or 2-8, but for the most part they have been a consistant 8 win team under Whitmire. With the dynamic in that area, there's no reason that shouldn't continue.

HeavyD
01-09-2011, 11:59 AM
The Frogs were making runs before them and should continue to. Yes, they have the occasional down year where they go 3-7 or 2-8, but for the most part they have been a consistant 8 win team under Whitmire. With the dynamic in that area, there's no reason that shouldn't continue.

Well, they did redraw the school district lines that now include a small part of North Side, but I'm not sure if that dynamic helps or hurts the football team, since North Side has never really been a powerhouse.

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 12:06 PM
No, I would imagine that drawing from North Side wouldn't help much.

HeavyD
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM

The biggest problem is that Lake Worth is land locked(2 square miles) and getting new blood into the town is very, very hard.

Matthew328
01-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Lake Worth gets some kids come in from Kirkpatrick MS in Ft Worth and that usually helps....there's some apartments just south of 820...usually some transient kids that if you can get to stick around while in high school you can do some things..

HeavyD
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Lake Worth gets some kids come in from Kirkpatrick MS in Ft Worth and that usually helps....there's some apartments just south of 820...usually some transient kids that if you can get to stick around while in high school you can do some things..

Lago Vista and Sunset Terrace appartments I wouldn't think would produce, but there are some newer ones and I foregot the name, but they are very nice and you may draw some from there. But, I think Lake Worth may be a school that doesn't make the playoffs or strugles just to get in there yr in and yr out.

P.S. It does pain me to see it that way also

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
So, has the place changed, or were Whitmire and company just miracle workers?

HeavyD
01-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Don't know what you mean by changed, but instead of 2 miles of open grasslands, it's now 2 square miles of concrete slabs, so yeah, I guess it has changed.

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, LW has been a very competitive program for at least 10 years. You're telling me that it's not going to be(or at least that's what Im getting). So, Im asking is that because there have been changes in the community and town that are not conducive to a good football program, or were Whitmire and Brewster just damned good coaches who made chicken salad out of alternative materials?
Im on a fact finding mission about the potential of this program, considering the HC position is now vacant. ;)

HeavyD
01-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, LW has been a very competitive program for at least 10 years. You're telling me that it's not going to be(or at least that's what Im getting). So, Im asking is that because there have been changes in the community and town that are not conducive to a good football program, or were Whitmire and Brewster just damned good coaches who made chicken salad out of alternative materials?
Im on a fact finding mission about the potential of this program, considering the HC position is now vacant. ;)

Lake Worth is a great community and will always have yrs when they have talent enough to do some good things. And the coaching has been good. The community there is ready for a "special" team, and if they get one, whoever is in the driver's seat will have the key to the city.

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
Lake Worth is a great community and will always have yrs when they have talent enough to do some good things. And the coaching has been good. The community there is ready for a "special" team, and if they get one, whoever is in the driver's seat will have the key to the city.

So, no reason why the current trend shouldn't be able to continue?

orange machine
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey Celina plats LW at LW next year Celina by 24.

kaorder1999
01-09-2011, 10:54 PM
if the job opportunity is hung up on a tree beside the admid building that nobody ever visits it is considered posted. The District does NOT have to post the job on the internet.