01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
1. Girls have to pee a lot
2. Girls talk/laugh/scream/giggle.......a lot
3. When girls get competitive, they cuss.....a lot
4. Evidently, there are no time outs in soccer
5. There is a little box that, as the coach, you have to stay inside
6. Soccer coaches aren't nearly as intense as football coaches
7. No matter what the game is, Im still a football coach
8. Even if it's a game that Ive never even watched, we still find a way to win, 3-0!
Boom!! Get on my level!!

BaseballUmp
01-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Haha gotta love it

bigwood33
01-08-2011, 12:17 AM
And since you resisted the urge to off yourself halfway through the game.....THAT is a successful debut!

ccmom
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Haha...Congrats! :clap:

Ernest T Bass
01-08-2011, 12:26 AM
I tried real hard to be a "girls' soccer coach" and keep everything calm and encouraging. But damnit, that's just not me. I was fullblown football coach by about 15 minutes in. Ref had to keep reminding me about my little coach's box that I had to stay in.

bobcat1
01-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I tried real hard to be a "girls' soccer coach" and keep everything calm and encouraging. But damnit, that's just not me. I was fullblown football coach by about 15 minutes in. Ref had to keep reminding me about my little coach's box that I had to stay in. You will transform Grass Fairy coaching worldwide. It's in your blood! You are now annointed by Garcia as King of the Grass Fairy Coaches of America!

piratebg
01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Coaching soccer is fun. It'll grow on you. I've done if 4yrs now and I love it.

Additup
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
8. Even if it's a game that Ive never even watched, we still find a way to win, 3-0!
Boom!! Get on my level!!
#9 Girls ask "Why?" almost as much as they have to pee/talk/laugh/scream/giggle/cuss. If you haven't noticed it yet, you will now.
Football players basically are conditioned not to question things verbally. I had more "whys?" in my first girls' practice than I've had in coaching 16 years of football.

Matthew328
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
genius thread

piratebg
01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
And don't forget that the bench is reserved for rest, water, and girl talk. I coach coed rec teams so I constantly have hear about which opposing boy players are hot or ugly.

Matthew328
01-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Serious question but why do girls have to pee all the time?

Ernest T Bass
01-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Serious question but why do girls have to pee all the time?

That's a good question. I'll see what I can find out. I kinda feel like Jane Goodall here.

LH_Tuff
01-08-2011, 12:46 PM
As some of you know, My oldest son is a very good soccer player. Funny thing - The club he plays for has the boys teams scrimmage older girls teams to make them tougher. Those girls soccer teams are brutal. :D

spaniard
01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
As some of you know, My oldest son is a very good soccer player. Funny thing - The club he plays for has the boys teams scrimmage older girls teams to make them tougher. Those girls soccer teams are brutal. :D

that's why my boys will have some warning if they want to marry a soccer chick, hehe

hollywood
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Boom!! Get on my level!!

That's awesome! I coach my daughters youth team and had to learn to knock it down a few notches.

Go watch TCU's womens team next Fall... Their coach is very intense! He's as amusing to watch as the game.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by spaniard
that's why my boys will have some warning if they want to marry a soccer chick, hehe

word of advice/warning for anybody who considers dating/marrying a female soccer player:

Their hobby is kicking balls.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Those girls soccer teams are brutal. :D

IMO Girls sports in general are brutal..watching my daughter play basketball/soccer where there is contact and that contact gets rough

lulu
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Girls have attitude.....they use it when necessary. lol

Keep it up Ernest T. Stay in the box.

bigwood33
01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by lulu

Keep it up Ernest T. Stay in the box.
I'm sure he will try!:D :rolleyes: ;)

PPHSfan
01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Coaching soccer is fun. It'll grow on you. I've done if 4yrs now and I love it.

Whenever I look at your avatar and then think about you coaching girls soccer, I feel like I should call the police or something.

piratebg
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Whenever I look at your avatar and then think about you coaching girls soccer, I feel like I should call the police or something.

Funny thing is I work for the police LOL :D :devil: :D

FB-fanatic
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
If a person ever catches themselves in the position of coaching and not knowing a thing about soccer, you are always safe to yell "She was offsides!" every 5 to 10 minutes. It is the most misunderstood rule in soccer and safe to say you will sound like you are soccer savvy!

Ernest T Bass
01-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
If a person ever catches themselves in the position of coaching and not knowing a thing about soccer, you are always safe to yell "She was offsides!" every 5 to 10 minutes. It is the most misunderstood rule in soccer and safe to say you will sound like you are soccer savvy!

Sweet! Thanks!

ccmom
01-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
If a person ever catches themselves in the position of coaching and not knowing a thing about soccer, you are always safe to yell "She was offsides!" every 5 to 10 minutes. It is the most misunderstood rule in soccer and safe to say you will sound like you are soccer savvy! That's hilarious but great advice! :clap: