PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech In Trouble?

Bullaholic
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Hope this does not turn out to be an accurate report:

Texas Tech NCAA Violations (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/fbc/7370858.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher)

LoboesWT
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh my gosh, texting. Well since Ohio State players get paid and still play, i guess this means my Tech will get the death penalty.

Old LB
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I knew those cell phone thingys were gonna be trouble! :D

AP Panther Fan
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Isn't this rather ironic? Wasn't it Mike Leach that chewed up and spit out one of his players for texting?

RoyceTTU
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Whoever did this for Tech is a retard. The recruiting rules are specific and clear about contacts and frequency. This stuff aggrevates me.

RoyceTTU
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Isn't this rather ironic? Wasn't it Mike Leach that chewed up and spit out one of his players for texting?

not for texting, it was for twitter and facebook.

Farmersfan
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
It might be a pessimistic way of looking at it but ALL schools break the rules! I don't know why everyone is surprised when a select few are singled out!

Maroon87
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Wonder if they were texting their little fat girlfriends too?:p

eagles_victory
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Oh my gosh, texting. Well since Ohio State players get paid and still play, i guess this means my Tech will get the death penalty. They didnt get paid. Still way off base I see.

Phil C
01-07-2011, 04:28 PM
:(

WildTexan972
01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They didnt get paid. Still way off base I see.

when you sell your free stuff the school gives you for CASH, you are indeed getting paid....

leave it to the NCAA to let a kid get paid almost a million dollars and still play in the MNC so they can delay the penalty to the school for 5-6 years under the Reggie Bush rules. and yet complain about text messages that ALL schools do....fact is, most recruits won't sign with a school unless they are getting courted often....most recruits are like weak self-esteem prom dates - you better kiss that a$$ and often or they look for someone that will......

LoboesWT
01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
when you sell your free stuff the school gives you for CASH, you are indeed getting paid....

leave it to the NCAA to let a kid get paid almost a million dollars and still play in the MNC so they can delay the penalty to the school for 5-6 years under the Reggie Bush rules. and yet complain about text messages that ALL schools do....fact is, most recruits won't sign with a school unless they are getting courted often....most recruits are like weak self-esteem prom dates - you better kiss that a$$ and often or they look for someone that will......

That's funny, Prom dates, good stuff there:D

eagles_victory
01-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

leave it to the NCAA to let a kid get paid almost a million dollars and still play in the MNC so they can delay the penalty to the school for 5-6 years under the Reggie Bush rules. and yet complain about text messages that ALL schools do....fact is, most recruits won't sign with a school unless they are getting courted often....most recruits are like weak self-esteem prom dates - you better kiss that a$$ and often or they look for someone that will...... That's not getting paid by the school. You can't hold TOSU as a university responsible for that. Why shouldn't you be able to sell your own stuff. They weren't given those things those were things that they earned.

LoboesWT
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They didnt get paid. Still way off base I see.

Okay, I will call it compensation for being an athlete at Ohio State via items received because they were athletes at Ohio State.