PDA

View Full Version : Making my debut tonight...

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Coaching my first soccer game tonight. Wish me luck:doh:

Old LB
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Coaching my first soccer game tonight. Wish me luck:doh:

Good luck, been coaching soccer long?

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
This will be the first soccer game Ive ever seen. And it's girls too. :doh: :doh: :doh:

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
This will be the first soccer game Ive ever seen. And it's girls too. :doh: :doh: :doh: :spitlol: :taunt: Good Luck

Bullaholic
01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Ever held a cat after several dogs see it, ETB? :D

Good luck---hope you and the girls do have fun....

Yoe_09
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh wow. How many fans usually show up?

Old LB
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
This will be the first soccer game Ive ever seen. And it's girls too. :doh: :doh: :doh:

You just might like it, my girls started playing about 15 yrs ago and I enjoy it as much as football. Defense wins games and speed puts points on the board. Most sports put their best atheletes on offense, better to have the best atheletes on defense in soccer.

AP Panther Fan
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM

lol....good luck.

I faintly remember my son playing soccer on cold, rainy days. They don't cancel those darn games for anything! I was glad when he decided to play baseball instead.

AP Panther Fan
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
You just might like it, my girls started playing about 15 yrs ago and I enjoy it as much as football. Defense wins games and speed puts points on the board. Most sports put their best atheletes on offense, better to have the best atheletes on defense in soccer.

hahaha.... Earnest T needs to put your number in his cell phone and on speed dial...... :D

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Wanna come help? Got a shirt in it for ya! :clap:
I think we have a pretty big soccer following. Our demographics are conducive to having a lot of soccer fans.

eagles_victory
01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Wanna come help? Got a shirt in it for ya! :clap: Its not varsity is it?

ccmom
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
All little boys and girls soccer teams should be called the "Bees" or the "Bumble Bees" because of how they follow the ball in a swarm. Those games are fun to watch but very frustrating to coach. :D

Old LB
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Wanna come help? Got a shirt in it for ya! :clap:
I think we have a pretty big soccer following. Our demographics are conducive to having a lot of soccer fans.

Depends, my wife came home years ago with my daughters team shirt that was purple with pink letters. It should be illegal to spell Dad with pink letters! :D

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Depends, my wife came home years ago with my daughters team shirt that was purple with pink letters. It should be illegal to spell Dad with pink letters! :D .

Blue and white. :clap:

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
What formation u going with?

4-4-2?

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
What formation u going with?

4-4-2?

Sure. That sounds good. :confused:

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Sure. That sounds good. :confused:

LOL

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Sure. That sounds good. :confused: You know you have been waiting for this day. I see World Cup in your future DVR events.:D

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
You know you have been waiting for this day. I see World Cup in your future DVR events.:D

Right next to the NBA finals.

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Right next to the NBA finals. You and me think alike. I don't like any ball game that has round balls bigger than softballs.

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 04:50 PM
You and me think alike. I don't like any ball game that has round balls bigger than softballs.

You obviously don't remember my diary of my experience as a basketball coach.

eagles_victory
01-07-2011, 04:51 PM
You obviously don't remember my diary of my experience as a basketball coach. greatness

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
You obviously don't remember my diary of my experience as a basketball coach. No but I am all ears.

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
No but I am all ears.

Well, it's gone now. But I had slightly(and I do mean slightly) more knowledge about basketball than I do currently about soccer. It made for a good time had by all(other than the coach).

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I went out for basketball my junior year. After the first game I was sent back to off season. Fouled out in 2 minutes.:D

Old LB
01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Well, it's gone now. But I had slightly(and I do mean slightly) more knowledge about basketball than I do currently about soccer. It made for a good time had by all(other than the coach).

This is not good, soccer and basketball have a lot in common. :doh:

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Yep, Ernest T knows nothing about either. I had watched an NCAA final or two prior to my excrusion as a thump thump coach, though. Never watched kickball before.
Bad thing is, they're girls, so I can't call'em "grass fairies" like I usually refer to soccer players.
That, and these girls might decide to stab you.

Old LB
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Yep, Ernest T knows nothing about either. I had watched an NCAA final or two prior to my excrusion as a thump thump coach, though. Never watched kickball before.
Bad thing is, they're girls, so I can't call'em "grass fairies" like I usually refer to soccer players.

you can be assured there will be crying involved. Best of luck. :D

eagles_victory
01-07-2011, 06:21 PM
My best advice for you... watch Ladybugs staring Rodney Daingerfield it will teach you everything you need to know about coaching girls soccer.

DDBooger
01-07-2011, 06:42 PM

LOL, I like watching Soccer, but that's funny :D

garciap77
01-07-2011, 07:03 PM

So, can we now call you the Grass Fairies Coach?:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_fairies1_022908.jpg

I hope you don't have to wear the Costume!:D

;)

Good Luck! :)

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
So, can we now call you the Grass Fairies Coach?:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/large_fairies1_022908.jpg

I hope you don't have to wear the Costume!:D

;)