PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Langenbrunner returning to Stars

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2011, 01:09 PM
The Stars went out and acquired Team USA's Olympic captain today, nearly 9 years after they dealt him away in the forgettable Jason Arnott trade.

I absolutely love this move for the Stars, as it gives them some veteran leadership on a young team as well as a much-needed right-handed shot.

Farmersfan
01-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Stars went out and acquired Team USA's Olympic captain today, nearly 9 years after they dealt him away in the forgettable Jason Arnott trade.

I absolutely love this move for the Stars, as it gives them some veteran leadership on a young team as well as a much-needed right-handed shot.

I agree 100%! The power play is desparately in need of a right handed shot! Jamie was the captain in New jersey which just goes to show what kind of character he has. Great pickup!

Tejastrue
01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I never understood how they could have let him get away in the first place. Good to see we have some fellow Stars fans on here. :clap:

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I agree 100%! The power play is desparately in need of a right handed shot! Jamie was the captain in New jersey which just goes to show what kind of character he has. Great pickup!

Very low cost too...a third-round pick, or a second if he re-signs with Dallas before free agency. Kind of funny that he and Joe Niewendyk were traded away together, and now Niewy is the GM who trades to get him back to Dallas.