PDA

View Full Version : Sad news in Decatur

Chief Woodman
08-28-2003, 05:37 PM
Due to the HIPA law passed by US Governement, I cannot tell all I know. This AM a young freshman lady passed out in school today. The athletic trainer did CPR untill relieved by the Paramedics, but all to no avail. She passed away late this am. As so often when a crisis like this occurs, the young are forced to think of their own mortality and often for the first time.

To his credit, Decatur Freshmen and JV games were cancelled tonight by AD Kyle Story. Football is just a game in the bigger scheme of life.

Rabbit'93
08-28-2003, 05:58 PM
prayers and condolences from Forney. May God lay his hands on your young people and your town.

Chris Hart
08-28-2003, 07:27 PM
That is truly tragic. My prayers go out to the family members and friends, and may God bless them all!

trojandad
08-28-2003, 07:56 PM
SO SO sorry, Chief. Will lift up her family and her friends.

Just got home from our JV game. Saw our head coach, Coach Lymas and he looked bad. He confided afterward that his aunt who had raised him passed away this morning. She led much longer and fuller life than this young lady in Decatur, for sure. But poor Coach is hurting nonetheless and wouldn't tell any to not ruin the boys' game.

Please remember him as he grieves, as we will your young Decatur student, and all of us that love the ones left behind.

slpybear the bullfan
08-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Bridgeport... truly a tough one for HS Kids to deal with.

Cowtown
08-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Celina as well ...

sinton66
08-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Life is so fragile. My prayers are with her family, friends and community,

yoemenkracker30
08-28-2003, 11:34 PM
OMG!!!!.....soo sorry to hear that chief....thoughts, prayers, and condolences from Cameron.

CRHSeagle
08-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear about that Chief....CRHS sends its prayers and condolences.

eye of the tiger
08-28-2003, 11:56 PM
May she rest in eternal peace and light perpetual shine upon her for ever and ever. +

Prayers for her soul and peace for the family and friends from Commerce via Ft Worth.

Green Ranger
08-29-2003, 08:02 AM
First and foremost, the family of the young lady, those involved, and Decatur High School is in the thoughts and prayers at Greenwood High School.

For clarification, HIPPA does not govern high schools. FERPA however does, to make a long story short the only information you can give is to the patient unless they give you permission otherwise.

Ranger Mom
08-29-2003, 08:52 AM
I had heard the year before the girl had lost here mother to the same kind of condition.

That happened when I was a freshman. A junior passed out in the halls and died. She had some kind of condition that involved an enlarged heart. She had brother who was the same age as me, and he died of the same condition a year after we graduated.

I didn't know her, but something tragic happening like that in your school is terrible to deal with anyway.

My prayers go out the her family, friends, schoolmates, and the community!

Billy Boy
08-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Prayers and condolences to the family from Jasper.

DogDoc
08-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Thoughts and prayers from Everman High as well.

Bandera YaYa
08-30-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm sitting here watching a parade in town, in my office, where it's cool and checking out what's going on here...so sorry to hear such sad news....and I think I have problems....puts everything in perspective, you know. My prayers are certainly with her family and friends. God Bless.