PDA

View Full Version : Forty Million Dollars is a lot of money

PPHSfan
01-07-2011, 02:10 AM
No matter who you are. Don't pretend that it's not. I would be sick if I lost forty million dollars. Heck, I would be sick if I threw away forty dollars.

BaseballUmp
01-07-2011, 02:22 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/Naerok187/realtalk.jpg

DDBooger
01-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
No matter who you are. Don't pretend that it's not. I would be sick if I lost forty million dollars. Heck, I would be sick if I threw away forty dollars. Done that before :rolleyes:
:mad:

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 08:10 AM
But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. He declares, gets an agent, NFL locks out, he's still done with NCAA.
Besides, Im sure he's not making $40 mil, but he's getting paid well, Im sure.

PPHSfan
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I wonder how good Stanford will be next year with a new coaching staff. I wonder if I would rather live in the sunny Carolinas, or possibly have to move to Detroit or Minesota. I wonder what it would be like to have a lottery ticket worth 55 million in my pocket, and have someone convince me to wait a year to cash it because it will probably be worth 15-20 million by then. I wonder if I could watch the guy that recruited me run off to Miami for a seven hundred percent pay raise while I stayed behind and convinced myself that money is not as important as the team.

LoboesWT
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I wonder how good Stanford will be next year with a new coaching staff. I wonder if I would rather live in the sunny Carolinas, or possibly have to move to Detroit or Minesota. I wonder what it would be like to have a lottery ticket worth 55 million in my pocket, and have someone convince me to wait a year to cash it because it will probably be worth 15-20 million by then. I wonder if I could watch the guy that recruited me run off to Miami for a seven hundred percent pay raise while I stayed behind and convinced myself that money is not as important as the team.
I agree with his decision to stay in school because he apparently does not have outside money pressure to go pro now. With that said, you make a great point! It would be hard to pass on that kind of scratch.

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 09:25 AM

You're assuming that he has a lotto ticket at all this year. The NFL locks out and he has no ticket. So, he's going with the guaranteed money. Im sure it's not $40 mil, but he's getting paid for sure.
Same thing for Harbaugh. He may stay at Stanford and take the guaranteed money.

PPHSfan
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm beginning to think that Harbaugh is staying, and that Luck has known all along. I really believe that if Luck thought Harbaugh was leaving, he would be leaving as well.

DDBooger
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm beginning to think that Harbaugh is staying, and that Luck has known all along. I really believe that if Luck thought Harbaugh was leaving, he would be leaving as well. I was thinking the same. Highly unlikely, but quite a coup that would be to the highest bidders.

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Everyone involved is making good money at Stanford. If the NFL lockout doesn't happen, that money will be there next year. If it does, and they leave this year, Stanford will not be there. All sounds like playing it safe to me.

Old LB
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Stanford kids go to college for the degree, not the football. Just so happens they have a great football team to boot. I almost think the kid really cares about completing his degree.

DDBooger
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Stanford kids go to college for the degree, not the football. Just so happens they have a great football team to boot. I almost think the kid really cares about completing his degree. +1 That kid will be a success no matter how you cut it. At least until he's 40 and texting his junk to executive assistants and asking for happy endings after massages.

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
+1 That kid will be a success no matter how you cut it. At least until he's 40 and texting his junk to executive assistants and asking for happy endings after massages.

Gotta know when to hang'em up.

eagles_victory
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Everyone involved is making good money at Stanford. If the NFL lockout doesn't happen, that money will be there next year. If it does, and they leave this year, Stanford will not be there. All sounds like playing it safe to me. With a rookie pay scale coming in the same kind of money isn't going to be there. His stock is never going to be higher Stanford is losing there coach and only returning 5 and 5 next year. The Pac 10 was wayyyy down outside of Oregon and Stanford this year and I dont forsee that being the case next year. I think Stanford is at best an 8-4 team next year. I just hope he doesn't get injured or something.