PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News on Tx St. Coach

BaseballUmp
01-06-2011, 05:21 PM
ESPN is reporting that in fact, Dennis Franchione has accepted the head coaching position in San Marcos

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5996265)

44INAROW
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
so, me being a woman(and as I hear, woman have no business in football) and not knowing much about Coach Fran other than he was at A&M and Bama - what kind of offense does Coach Fran run? Run, Pass, Playaction?

spaniard
01-07-2011, 05:05 AM
option

FbCoachB40
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Option yes, but not double slot option like Giddings, Geogia Tech, or Air Force.

He is more of an I-back to spread option game. Go watch some of the youtube videos of L. Tomlinson when he was at TCU

Tejastrue
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
so, me being a woman(and as I hear, woman have no business in football) and not knowing much about Coach Fran other than he was at A&M and Bama - what kind of offense does Coach Fran run? Run, Pass, Playaction?

Not all women, just the powder puff girls. You handle us neanderthals quite well. :D

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z107/powzie_2007/eneanderthaler.jpg

rojosgirl
01-07-2011, 11:20 AM
OMG! Say it ain't so!

:(

44INAROW
01-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Not all women, just the powder puff girls. You handle us neanderthals quite well. :D

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z107/powzie_2007/eneanderthaler.jpg

;) I just hope everything works out and Tyler has a great year..

Yoe_09
01-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Okay. So will he turn around the program or not?

Tejastrue
01-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Okay. So will he turn around the program or not?

I'm not a big fan of Franchione mainly because of his recent history. Is he capable? I think so. If the passion to coach is back and he intends to stay more than a couple of years, good things can happen. There might be a few A&M fans that disagree. Tyler should be fine 44.

rojosgirl
01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
My main concern is Tyler also. I'm not a Fran fan at all and recent history is the main reason. Having his son come in will probably make matters worse. The apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree!

:thinking:

Ernest T Bass
01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Fran took doormats =(New Mexico and TCU) and turned them into contenders. Left his top assistant in charge at TCU and they became a national power.
Lil' Fran has won two national championships in 6 years.
Guess Im not understanding why everyone is so anti-Franchione.
Big Fran left TCU for an opportunity to coach at a national power and make exponentially more money. He then had an opportunity to coach the same kind of program AND be back in Texas(it obviously wasn't a good fit. That happens, see Todd Dodge, TJ Mills, etc...). I dont see anything wrong with what he did. Don't think for one half second that a school is going to show any loyaty to an HC(see Pitt, WVU, and Texas if they have one more losing season). Fran has to take care of Fran.

BaseballUmp
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Close sources say Dennis Franchione will be signing a 5 year deal with Texas State University at a base salary of $350,000 per season plus incentives. Assistant’s salaries will also substantially increase with the estimated total payroll (not including head coach) jumping from the previous $500,000 to somewhere in the $800,000 to a million dollar range. The head coaching salary almost doubled from pervious head coach Brad Wright’s $190,000 per year.

BaseballUmp
01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Had a pretty good press conference just now. Seemed enthusiastic about the job and sounded eager to recruit Texas again. All we need is 20-25 a year he said. Also seemed ready to start this rivalry with Larry Coker and UTSA who begins their football program this year.

I must say, I'm ready for football season to come again. Larry Teis apparently got the message from those on bobcatfans.com that he was hired cuz they have been friends for a while at UNM and TCU but he seems to be ready to take us into the WAC

Just keep us out of the "Death Penalty" guys lol