PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy HC Jason Garrett

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
O.k. folks---it's official---Jason Garrett is the new Cowboys HC.
What say?

Mods--If there is another thread(s) on this--please merge. I thought it was a big enough event to deserve a thread with the proper title.

Ranger Mom
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k. folks---it's official---Jason Garrett is the new Cowboys HC.
What say?

Mods--If there is another thread(s) on this--please merge. I thought it was a big enough event to deserve a thread with the proper title.

I'm glad it's finally over and done with!!

Now for all the naysayers!" :p

AP Panther Fan
01-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm glad it's finally over and done with!!

Me too....and he is easy on the eyes at least.

GrTigers6
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Me too....and he is easy on the eyes at least. I wouldnt know lol how does his wife look? :D

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM

Is that a panther or a cougar in your sig, AP? :D

You think Garrett is more handsome than ol' Wade? :D

Phil C
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't care what they look like - I want Super Bowl wins!

:mad:

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sure hope TXB and Farmer will be along to tell us who his starting QB should be....:D

AP Panther Fan
01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Is that a panther or a cougar in your sig, AP? :D

You think Garrett is more handsome than ol' Wade? :D

hahaha...just a harmless kitty.

Interesting, her name is Brill. You are lying if you don't say you first think of brillo pad.

She is attractive (http://www.playerwives.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jason-garretts-wife-brill-aldrige-garrett/)

Ranger Mom
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I wouldnt know lol how does his wife look? :D

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/partypictures/2004/02_26_04/images/DSC_1881.jpg

Old LB
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/partypictures/2004/02_26_04/images/DSC_1881.jpg

Hopefully he gets a pay raise so he can purchase a new suit. :thinking:

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Hopefully he gets a pay raise so he can purchase a new suit. :thinking:

It almost matches his hair.

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
hahaha...just a harmless kitty.

Interesting, her name is Brill. You are lying if you don't say you first think of brillo pad.

She is attractive (http://www.playerwives.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jason-garretts-wife-brill-aldrige-garrett/)

fyi - Your link tried to load and exploit virus. Mcafee picked it up instantly

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Sharp, clean-cut, intelligent guy with a pretty lady for a wife. Cowboys could do a lot worse in the image dept. Now, if his football skills only match the window-dressing---and so far, they look like they might.

eagles_victory
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Don't get the Cowboys or the Vikings both hiring their interim coaches. Both were being billed as Super Bowl teams and both had horrible years missing the playoffs by multiple games. Fraizer and Garret as coordinators we're a big part of the struggle of both teams. I just don't get underachieving teams hiring guys that were part of the problem. I don't think Garrett did enough in the last 8 games to justify giving him the job so soon without conducting more interviews.

Ranger Mom
01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Don't get the Cowboys or the Vikings both hiring their interim coaches. Both were being billed as Super Bowl teams and both had horrible years missing the playoffs by multiple games. Fraizer and Garret as coordinators we're a big part of the struggle of both teams. I just don't get underachieving teams hiring guys that were part of the problem. I don't think Garrett did enough in the last 8 games to justify giving him the job so soon without conducting more interviews.

Thank God you aren't in charge!!:tongue: ;)

eagles_victory
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank God you aren't in charge!!:tongue: ;) I just don't get giving the job to those two guys so soon before you even see who else comes available or what opens up. Jerry already had his mind made up when he made that comment to NFL Network about no coach winning a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I just don't get giving the job to those two guys so soon before you even see who else comes available or what opens up. Jerry already had his mind made up when he made that comment to NFL Network about no coach winning a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

3.5 mil with 1 year left vs 5 mil + multi-year deal for top candidate, EV. $, familiarity, convenience, and limited success also sealed the deal for Garrett. IMO, if Garrett has a pretty bad year next season then you will see one of the candidates you like have a shot.

Ranger Mom
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I just don't get giving the job to those two guys so soon before you even see who else comes available or what opens up. Jerry already had his mind made up when he made that comment to NFL Network about no coach winning a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

I just didn't want to it DRAG ON....I think whoever it was they decided to hire needed to be in there ASAP and get going!!!!

eagles_victory
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I just didn't want to it DRAG ON....I think whoever it was they decided to hire needed to be in there ASAP and get going!!!! why rush? What are they going to do now?

3.5 mil with 1 year left vs 5 mil + multi-year deal for top candidate, EV. $, familiarity, convenience, and limited success also sealed the deal for Garrett. IMO, if Garrett has a pretty bad year next season then you will see one of the candidates you like have a shot. I get that but why not interview more people gage interest of everyone at least see what else is out there first. I think it is more then the money thing I think Jerry wanted Garrett to have it all along is more the reason why

Tejastrue
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
why rush? What are they going to do now?

I get that but why not interview more people gage interest of everyone at least see what else is out there first. I think it is more then the money thing I think Jerry wanted Garrett to have it all along is more the reason why

I think you've answered your question. There are probably as many feel the way you do as agree with the decision to hire Garrett. We'll find out soon enough with him in full control (:confused: this has always been debated about any HC JJ has hired) if he has been the main reason for the struggles on offense. Early indications for me is that the move is a good one. For JJ, and the Cowboys, it's also a smart financial move for now with the uncertainty of next year.

coach
01-06-2011, 06:43 PM
i can;t believe the cowboys have a freakin ginger as their head coach :tisk:

GrTigers6
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/partypictures/2004/02_26_04/images/DSC_1881.jpg Now SHE is pleasing to the eyes. Put her and Romo's fiance Candice in a kiddie pool and let them wrestle in pudding. :D :D
I am so BAD!!!!! :evilgrin: :tisk:

SintonFan
01-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by coach
i can;t believe the cowboys have a freakin ginger as their head coach :tisk:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7007/archiebeatoff.jpg

:eek:

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by coach
i can;t believe the cowboys have a freakin ginger as their head coach :tisk: :clap: