PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Reported he is going back to school for SR year..I think the whole lock out deal is going to produce this, more JRs staying in school

crzyjournalist03
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
A lot of teams near the top of the draft are suddenly very disappointed.

I wonder if Carolina/Buffalo/Minnesota will fall in love with another QB?

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Reported he is going back to school for SR year..I think the whole lock out deal is going to produce this, more JRs staying in school

I'm not real versed in the inter-working of NFL contracts, but wouldn't be more adventageous to come out early in-case they implement some sort of 1st year cap or something of that sort? Especially if your already all but guaranteed to be 1-5 pick

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm not real versed in the inter-working of NFL contracts, but wouldn't be more adventageous to come out early in-case they implement some sort of 1st year cap or something of that sort? Especially if your already all but guaranteed to be 1-5 pick

yes and no..the cap might hurt long term, but your also going into a draft where you MIGHT not get paid for over a year....plus with CBA expired before draft the owners can say this draft falls under new CBA rules anyway

SHSBulldog00
01-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I just now saw this thread. My bad.

LoboesWT
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I just now saw this thread. My bad.

Me too oops:doh: Thread merge please Mods?

eagles_victory
01-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Honestly think the best move for him is to go ahead and go right now. I think the labor thing is going to work itself out his stock will never be higher than it is right now. Too many examples of going back to school gone wrong for Qbs in recent years.

coach
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Honestly think the best move for him is to go ahead and go right now. I think the labor thing is going to work itself out his stock will never be higher than it is right now. Too many examples of going back to school gone wrong for Qbs in recent years.

it worked wonders for matt linehart

eagles_victory
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Reported he is going back to school for SR year..I think the whole lock out deal is going to produce this, more JRs staying in school He is actually only going to be a JR next year.