PDA

View Full Version : Brownwoods been invaded.

BEAST
01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
The Westboro Baptist Church is here today to protest a fallen Marine. Sickening.

BEAST

coach
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
The Westboro Baptist Church is here today to protest a fallen Marine. Sickening.

BEAST

wow...

God Bless the Marine and his family and friends.

BEAST
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Its hard to believe when its in your home town. There are a lot of Marines here to counter them and also we have a huge Natl Gaurd that is going to be present but it is sickening.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Just because you CAN say it, doesn't mean you SHOULD say it.
Im usually a big free speech proponent, especially when it's something offensive, but this is in the worst possible taste.

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM

BEAST

Sorry to hear this, Beast. No lower form of life than these people-There will be accountability for their actions.

God Bless that Brownwood Marine who gave his life for his country. Peace and thanks to his family for his ultimate sacrifice.

LIONS#1
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM

BEAST

What a bunch of LOSERS!!! Is that Church in ?:D

ccmom
01-06-2011, 01:59 PM
That literally makes me feel sick.

God bless this family in their time of grief.

slpybear the bullfan
01-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Very sorry to hear it BEAST. I hope the counter protest drowns them out.

Third
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
There's a high school kids who's fighting them and pushing for legislation to stop their antics.

http://education.change.org/blog/view/can_a_high_school_senior_take_on_the_westboro_bapt ist_church

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM

BEAST

Craziness :mad: :mad:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110103_Dead-Soldier-Brownwood-TX-Tevan-L-Nguyen.pdf

pero chato
01-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Here's the solution:

During the 21-gun salute, let's go ahead and load live ammo, and lower the guns just level to their heads and well, you get my drift.

Ranger Mom
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Sorry to hear this, Beast. No lower form of life than these people-There will be accountability for their actions.

God Bless that Brownwood Marine who gave his life for his country. Peace and thanks to his family for his ultimate sacrifice.

Ditto X 10!!

That is sickening!!!:(

SHSBulldog00
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
As the son of a Vietnam Vet it really hurts me that people would do this.

God Bless this fallen Marine for his sacrifice. Thank you for the ultimate in protecting our safety.

Maroon87
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
What a bunch of bozos those people are...

BwdLion73
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM

BEAST

I'm headin home from Abilene on 36. Let me know which way they go after the funeral.
I wish this had been posted yesterday we could have gave them a Big Brownwood welcome.:thinking: :mad:

Gsquared
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
We should ban together and when one of thier congregation memebers die, we should show up at the funeral with Wild Turkey and drunken protesting antics. I know two wrongs dont make a right but turnin the other cheek isnt always real fun either.

DDBooger
01-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
We should ban together and when one of thier congregation memebers die, we should show up at the funeral with Wild Turkey and drunken protesting antics. I know two wrongs dont make a right but turnin the other cheek isnt always real fun either. Or just have gays have a party outside one of their funerals. Their heads would explode.

Old LB
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I'm headin home from Abilene on 36. Let me know which way they go after the funeral.
I wish this had been posted yesterday we could have gave them a Big Brownwood welcome.:thinking: :mad:

Roger that, I would have taken vacation to punch one of these idiots in the face!

BwdLion73
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
We should ban together and when one of thier congregation memebers die, we should show up at the funeral with Wild Turkey and drunken protesting antics. I know two wrongs dont make a right but turnin the other cheek isnt always real fun either.

:thumbsup:

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM

I like to get drunk :thumbsup: :evil:

Gsquared
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Or just have gays have a party outside one of their funerals. Their heads would explode.
Hmm, so your saying I need to grab a bottle of Wild Turkey and slip in to my Daisy Dukes ? :thinking:

BwdLion73
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Hmm, so your saying I need to grab a bottle of Wild Turkey and slip in to my Daisy Dukes ? :thinking:

Now thats a thread stopper!:eek: :eek:

BEAST
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
So far the protest punks havent been spotted. There about 100 motorcylce riders that have started going to these funerals to block the protests. He said the last 3 they havent shown up. He thinks they may be waiting at the gravesite. Indian Creek Cemetary. Anyway he said if they are there, there wont be any bloodshed unless they strike first. Otherwise they are going to surround them with their Harleys and simply drown out anything they are saying. All of the motorcycle guys are vets. Its awesome to see the support.

BEAST

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
So far the protest punks havent been spotted. There about 100 motorcylce riders that have started going to these funerals to block the protests. He said the last 3 they havent shown up. He thinks they may be waiting at the gravesite. Indian Creek Cemetary. Anyway he said if they are there, there wont be any bloodshed unless they strike first. Otherwise they are going to surround them with their Harleys and simply drown out anything they are saying. All of the motorcycle guys are vets. Its awesome to see the support.

BEAST That is pretty awesome. :clap:

RoyceTTU

BEAST

We need to get you a news truck and a camera with a live feed. :D

Ranger Mom

BEAST

That brought tears to my eyes just reading it!!

Tejastrue
I vaguely recall the WBC name mentioned in the past through the media. Extreme perverted, religious fanaticism is the best way to describe their approach in what they do. I thought about posting the link to their press release for todays "protest?" but the wording is just disgusting. Prayers for this young mans' family and friends and the extended family of the Brownwood community who are subjected to this disgusting act and flagrant disrespect for the indivdiuals who have died to protect the very privileges they abuse and hide behind today.

MUSTANG69
01-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Or just have gays have a party outside one of their funerals. Their heads would explode.

That is the best suggestion yet.:clap:

Sweetwater Red
01-06-2011, 03:03 PM

BEAST

I did a google search and apparently their MO is to announce
ahead of time that they are going to show up at a specific place.
They do this simply for the publicity and then don't show up most
of the time to actually protest. I hope this is the case in Brownwood.

I'd post the link that I read this on. But, there is offensive
language.

Pick6
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
There about 100 motorcylce riders that have started going to these funerals to block the protests.

Patriot Guard members. I'm proud to be one and to have been at military funeral also.

BEAST
01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Patriot Guard members. I'm proud to be one and to have been at military funeral also.

Yes that the name. I couldnt think of it to save my life.

BEAST

LIONS#1
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
As a Nam vet I would love nothing more than to go OFF on this sad excuse for humans. The may say they are Baptists but they are the only ones saying it. I was raised Baptist and these Idiots need to be taught a lesson!!....oops is this where I turn the other cheek?....NOT!!

poisoned10
01-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Did you just admit to being gay?

:eek:

poisoned10
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
My brother is a Marine and served in Iraq for 8 months.

If something would have happened to him and one of them showed up, the only cheeks that would be turned would be theirs after catching a fist in it.

Bullaholic
01-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Did you just admit to being gay?

:eek:

Well now poisoned, I've known G2 for several years now and he has been known to don some trans-gender apparel now and then, but in this instance in combo with the Wild Turkey, I think he forgot an apostrophe "s" on the word "Daisy".....:D

eagles_victory
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I read a story about them coming to Oklahoma and someone slashing all their tires and all tow trucking companies refused to help them.

gomeangreen
01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
is there a hill that overlooks where they are standing

mwrams
01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
As the father of a soldier currently serving in Iraq and the brother of a Marine killed in Vietnam. They're soon demise couldn't come soon enough!!! Slash tires no tow truck!! LOL !! I love it!! Anyone that helps them should be stoned!!

BEAST
01-06-2011, 06:17 PM
They never showed at the funeral and I dont believe they were at the cemetery either. Its a real good thing. A LOT of folks were there waiting and ready. Bringing those antics deep into the southland will not go over very good. God Bless the Marine and his family. God Bless this country. And, God damn those idiots.

BEAST

Eagle 1
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM

That's cool. :clap:

Eagle 1
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
nm.

skins4life
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
They never showed at the funeral and I dont believe they were at the cemetery either. Its a real good thing. A LOT of folks were there waiting and ready. Bringing those antics deep into the southland will not go over very good.

God Bless the Marine and his family. God Bless this country. And, God damn those idiots.

BEAST

WHAT HE SAID!!! Especially the LAST 16 WORDS!!!!:mad:

Mcguirk
01-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
As a Nam vet I would love nothing more than to go OFF on this sad excuse for humans. The may say they are Baptists but they are the only ones saying it. I was raised Baptist and these Idiots need to be taught a lesson!!....oops is this where I turn the other cheek?....NOT!!

Using Baptist in their name really infuriates me. They are not Baptist and do not believe in many of the tenets of the Baptist church. They follow the Calvinist "TULIP" doctrine. It's an acronym and I'm to lazy to type it all out, but you can look it up. They'll have to answer for their hate one day. I'd bet that they quit showing up for protest because they're afraid of a "come to JESUS" meeting with some angry vets.

bobcat1
01-06-2011, 11:32 PM
They never showed at the funeral and I dont believe they were at the cemetery either. Its a real good thing. A LOT of folks were there waiting and ready. Bringing those antics deep into the southland will not go over very good. God Bless the Marine and his family. God Bless this country. And, God damn those idiots.

BEAST In! Those punks need to meet me someday. Yep I'm old but I can still break a nose with the best of them. :mad:

SintonFan
01-07-2011, 12:58 AM

BEAST

Thank Goodness!
God Bless that Young Man and his Family!:)

SintonFan
01-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
In! Those punks need to meet me someday. Yep I'm old but I can still break a nose with the best of them. :mad:

Here ya go bobcat1:
Break a nose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y) :D

bluecat
01-07-2011, 02:45 AM
These so called Westboro Baptists are only doing this because it brings attention to themsrelves. They believe that is their right to protest these military funerals and that is what infuriates most folks. Do they not have to stay in motels, eat at restaurants and buy gas at stations. Why haven"t these folks stopped selling and providing these services to them. Let it be known that providing these services to them will cost them dearly and most of there ability to do these protests will go away.

slpybear the bullfan
01-07-2011, 10:28 AM

Thank you Pick6

Pendragon13
01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Like others have mentioned, this organization exists for attention, and to feed the perverted egos of the founder and followers. Too bad they haven't started stockpiling weapons and keeping members against their will.....the ATF/FBI etc..can't really step in until they go further than just hate speech.

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Thank you Pick6 +1!

garciap77
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
In! Those punks need to meet me someday. Yep I'm old but I can still break a nose with the best of them. :mad:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

RoyceTTU
01-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I wasn't able to get back to Brownwood to line the streets for the funeral but I've talked to a couple of people. The route to the cemetary was about 10 miles long and from what I heard there was an overwhelming turnout. Many of the businesses even had there employees out supproting during company hours. Even the Prison had the trustees out there supporting.

My father said the Patriot Guard was one of the most impressive things he had seen. The rumble could be herd miles before they passed and was about 200 of them.

All I can say is that is why I love living in a supportive town like Brownwood. I know many of you can agree on this. You just can't find this type of community atmosphere in the metromess.:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I wasn't able to get back to Brownwood to line the streets for the funeral but I've talked to a couple of people. The route to the cemetary was about 10 miles long and from what I heard there was an overwhelming turnout. Many of the businesses even had there employees out supproting during company hours. Even the Prison had the trustees out there supporting.

My father said the Patriot Guard was one of the most impressive things he had seen. The rumble could be herd miles before they passed and was about 200 of them.

All I can say is that is why I love living in a supportive town like Brownwood. I know many of you can agree on this. You just can't find this type of community atmosphere in the metromess.:clap: :clap: :clap: You are right about that. I love small towns that have a Whataburger close.;)

lulu
01-08-2011, 02:34 AM

Me too Bobcat. I can break a nose still and i would be honored to practice on those nut cases.

WildTexan972
01-08-2011, 12:49 PM

BEAST

they try that stuff around here and some baptists will be gettin a whippin for sure....

LionFan72
01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
First off the nuts (Westboro Inbred Church) did not show! There was not a "national news" crew on site to spread their "word." And no, they were not at the cemetary, I was! I drove the entire route just looking for the fools, and there was not a presence to be seen! Good thing for them, I do not believe they would have survived the Brownwood crowd.

I would take this opportunity to thank the Patriot Guard for their show and honor of patriotism, THANK YOU for what you do!

And to mention the procession route was filled with supporters and flags, all the way to the cemetary! It was an inspiring moment being a Vietnam Vet. This is our 4th service for local military men lost to Iraq and Afganistan, and the support continues to grow.

Thank you all for your sincere participation in memory of a fallen brother!

PPHSfan
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm guessing they weighed the consequences of having Brownwood folks visiting their website, and decided not to show.

LionFan72
01-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I'm guessing they weighed the consequences of having Brownwood folks visiting their website, and decided not to show.

If you are trying to be funny, this is not the place....

PPHSfan
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
If you are trying to be funny, this is not the place....

Lighten up Frances. They didn't show up. The jab is not at your fallen hero. If you took it wrong then I'm sorry. If you're just trying to put me in my place. Well. Good luck.