PDA

View Full Version : University of Michigan

GreenMonster
01-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Who will be the next head coach of the maize and blue?

bigwood33
01-06-2011, 08:49 AM
My guess is the guy at SDSU, Brady Hoke. I am sure they will make a run at Jim Harbaugh and he would probably be their first choice but I think that he will either stay at Stanford (and compete for a National Championship) or move on the the NFL.
I just heard on the Ticket that Gary Patterson's name has been surfaced as a candidate...he would be a great choice but I heard him on the radio yesterday and he sounded like a guy who wants to stay at TCU.

poisoned10
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
My guess is the guy at SDSU, Brady Hoke. I am sure they will make a run at Jim Harbaugh and he would probably be their first choice but I think that he will either stay at Stanford (and compete for a National Championship) or move on the the NFL.
I just heard on the Ticket that Gary Patterson's name has been surfaced as a candidate...he would be a great choice but I heard him on the radio yesterday and he sounded like a guy who wants to stay at TCU.

I HOPE he stays at TCU!

YTBulldogs
01-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Wasn't Shipley seen touring the GM plant up there?

bigwood33
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Wasn't Shipley seen touring the GM plant up there?
No, it was Brad McCoy.

GreenMonster
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
No, it was Brad McCoy. Are you sure? I heard it was Steve Freeman.

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Is Michigan a better job than Stanford?

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Is Michigan a better job than Stanford? That's what I was thinking. I mean, Michigan has the most FBS wins all time, but currently, are they a better option than Stanford?

And I heard Les Miles' name being tossed around but I doubt if he would leave LSU and the SEC to go to Michigan???

Daddy D 11
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Les could be tired of being beat up each week in the SEC. Plus he spent 11 years of his life in Ann Arbor, he is definitely a Michigan man. I just think for him he is still feeling shunned from when they picked RichRod over him the last go around.. I think that was when he said Screw Them

Michigan is going to have really really roll out the red carpet and make it known he is the first choice, then flatter him with a massive pay raise and then after all that he might go there

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
That's what I was thinking. I mean, Michigan has the most FBS wins all time, but currently, are they a better option than Stanford?

And I heard Les Miles' name being tossed around but I doubt if he would leave LSU and the SEC to go to Michigan???
I gotta believe that the potential is equal in both jobs, but he's already got Stanford going. Can't see UM paying him much more, either.

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Is Michigan a better job than Stanford?

If you graduated from there, YES. Otherwise, probably not.

Daddy D 11
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Harbough is going to the dolphins yall.

they are offering 7.5 million in a state with no income tax compared to 4.5 million in california's income tax. LOL that makes Miami look damn good, even though San Fran is in a way easier division

Daddy D 11
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM

SHSBulldog00
01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Harbough is going to the dolphins yall.

they are offering 7.5 million in a state with no income tax compared to 4.5 million in california's income tax. LOL that makes Miami look damn good, even though San Fran is in a way easier division

I would go to Miami over everyone else because of three reasons.

1. Better Team
2. Location
3. No Income Tax

coach
01-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I would go to Miami over everyone else because of three reasons.

1. Better Team
2. Location
3. No Income Tax

some would argue that the san fran area is a better location than Miami

I wonder if Jim takes the job to be the Dolphins coach he will do a 1 hour special on espn and tell everyone he will take his talents to south beach?

SHSBulldog00
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by coach
some would argue that the san fran area is a better location than Miami

I wonder if Jim takes the job to be the Dolphins coach he will do a 1 hour special on espn and tell everyone he will take his talents to south beach?

I think he has a little more class than do that;)