PDA

View Full Version : next year's "coldspring".....

trojandad
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
naming the team's we've seen this year that will surprise everyone as much as coldspring did this year, my pick is huffman...they are a team that for years have been a "3 yd and a cloud of dust" team, the last two years have been developing a very contained passing offense....they surprised me (and some rattler fans) by going two levels deep this year....i know they could have beaten us this year if they would have making the same choices in the 4th qtr that they did in the first 3....

any surprises you see coming for next year?

oldtownag
01-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
any surprises you see coming for next year?

Carthage should have a good year!

Tejastrue
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Carthage should have a good year!

He said surprises. :D

Ernest T Bass
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
From what Ive heard, Carthage should be down a little. Graduating a great class. That would be a surprise to many.

Tin Cup
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
My Final 4
Snyder, Argyle, Gilmer, Wimberley

Ex-Tiger2005
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Snyder will be in the mix next year!!!

trojandad
01-05-2011, 04:25 PM
i know liberty barely snuck in as a 3rd seed from our district, but they have a soph qb that impressed the coaches in our district SO much that they put him as 1st team all district, even with all the coldspring and huffman guys.....liberty has always shown up with a HUGE set of linemen every 3rd or 4th year, if they can find a team to go around this guy (daniel fitzwater is his name) they could make some noise, he's THAT good.....

Lucky2Coach
01-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Wimberely will be really good next year!

cowboyandchrist
01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Wimberely will be really good next year!
Carthage will be in the hunt again, Coach S has two QB's in training. One will be a SOPH and the other a JR. both will be very good. O line will be outstanding again. Will have three very good backs and a very good D with the linebacker and Pope leading the way. We could very well see a four in a row.

Tres Lobos
01-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Watch out for monahans next year, both runningbacks return and will have an even better offensive line. The main thing they'll have to find is a qb.

Gsquared
01-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Watch out for monahans next year, both runningbacks return and will have an even better offensive line. The main thing they'll have to find is a qb.
Wow, im going to have to make a Monahans game this year. So far I have Monahans, Snyder and Idalou on my early schedule.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Wow, im going to have to make a Monahans game this year. So far I have Monahans, Snyder and Idalou on my early schedule.

Week 0 they will play each other so you could kill 2 birds!!! The only thing is that trip to monahans is a doozy!

Gsquared
01-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Week 0 they will play each other so you could kill 2 birds!!! The only thing is that trip to monahans is a doozy!
Hmm, think I just might have found my Week zero game. If I get there by 2 ill have time to play on the sand dunes

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Hmm, think I just might have found my Week zero game. If I get there by 2 ill have time to play on the sand dunes

Fly from Love to Midland, then have TXB pick you up as he is driving out there and take you the rest of the way:doh:

Gsquared
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Fly from Love to Midland, then have TXB pick you up as he is driving out there and take you the rest of the way:doh:
Perfect idea :clap: