PDA

View Full Version : In-N-Out Burger

Bullaholic
01-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Hear In-N-Out Burger is about to open some DFW locations. Heard the burgers are very good:

In-N-Out Burger (http://www.in-n-out.com/)

44INAROW
01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I've heard they are really good, but never had the pleasure of eating one myself..

Emerson1
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Whataburger

gomeangreen
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
they are great at 230am!!

LIONS#1
01-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I had a in and out burger in Cali-fornication last year. They are good for a cheap burger....spend the extra dollar and get a Whataburger :-)!! Now the Carl's Jr Burger is my favorite non-whataburger from outside traditional Texas!!!

Heffelfinger
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
In-n-Out blows Whataburger away.

LIONS#1
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger

If you don't like FRESH food then yes In-n-Out definitely is for you!!!!

PHOP
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Very true

Best quality fast food on the street

eagles_victory
01-05-2011, 03:32 PM
It doesnt have to be that great to blow Whataburger away.

PPHSfan
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
in-n-out is pretty good fast food, but if we are to be graced with some west coast fast food, I would prefer el pollo loco.

Bullaholic
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
in-n-out is pretty good fast food, but if we are to be graced with some west coast fast food, I would prefer el pollo loco.

How bout' that Korean chain- Dos Dingos? :D

You like California Pizza Kitchen?

PPHSfan
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Call me crazy, but I like the pizza at schlotzkies. Or however you spell the dang place.

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm loving the Del Taco that moved into Denton a few months ago.

PPHSfan
01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm loving the Del Taco that moved into Denton a few months ago.

Ewwwwwwww !!!!! Lol

Tin Cup
01-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I love the tacos from jack in the box. No clue why they look disgusting.

sTxforlife
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
In and Out Burger all the way while i was in Las Vegas we went and ate there and it was one of the best burgers i've ever had. It was pretty cheap too

Phantom Stang
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How bout' that Korean chain- Dos Dingos? :D

LOL

Phantom Stang
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I love the tacos from jack in the box. No clue why they look disgusting.
Jack In the Box makes my favorite fast food tacos. I just wish I knew what's in the "meat".:confused:

coach
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Jack In the Box makes my favorite fast food tacos. I just wish I knew what's in the "meat".:confused:

i think you might be better off not knowing

Yoe_09
01-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Dairy Queen.

SintonFan
01-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Hear In-N-Out Burger is about to open some DFW locations. Heard the burgers are very good:

Ohh

Everyone loves In-N-Out!

It's a mysterious PHALLICy...:doh:

bigwood33
01-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Not that great. Not terrible but just a greasy little burger. The fries are good though. Whataburger kills it! As does, Smash Burger and 5 Guys. Although these are not technically fast food, they ARE burger joints and they are GREAT!

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Not that great. Not terrible but just a greasy little burger. The fries are good though. Whataburger kills it! As does, Smash Burger and 5 Guys. Although these are not technically fast food, they ARE burger joints and they are GREAT!

tried five guys about two months ago after hearing all the hype and both me and my wife left disgusted. Greasy, overpriced, and mediocre food we thought. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

big daddy russ
01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
tried five guys about two months ago after hearing all the hype and both me and my wife left disgusted. Greasy, overpriced, and mediocre food we thought. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.
Five Guys is what In-n-Out is trying to be. If you like a greasy burger made from fresh ingredients, they're great. But if a truckstop burger isn't your cup of tea, you might not be too impressed.

Personally, I love In-n-Out. I prefer Whataburger (who doesn't?), but In-n-Out is second on my list of fast food chain burger joints.

Tx Challenge
01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Being in Los Angeles most of the time, I dont see the appeal to In and Out, but yet they are always packed. Just ok in my book. Nothing special

SintonFan
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Being in Los Angeles most of the time, I dont see the appeal to In and Out, but yet they are always packed. Just ok in my book. Nothing special

I'm saying it is a seksual thing.:doh:

Hornet Mom 2
01-06-2011, 08:44 PM
We went to LA two summers ago and I was told before we went "you have to eat an in-and-out burger." We found one on Sunset Blvd and it was great. Have had 5-guys also and would pick in-an-out anytime. (did I really just say that, that sounded BAD!) haha!

bp80884
01-06-2011, 09:15 PM

I gained 10 lbs when you talk about in n out burger. I love traveling to the west coast just to eat there.

garciap77
01-06-2011, 10:10 PM

:2thumbsup

garciap77
01-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Five Guys is what In-n-Out is trying to be. If you like a greasy burger made from fresh ingredients, they're great. But if a truckstop burger isn't your cup of tea, you might not be too impressed.

Personally, I love In-n-Out. I prefer Whataburger (who doesn't?), but In-n-Out is second on my list of fast food chain burger joints.

I prefer In-n-Out over Whataburger, but the Whataburgers in South Texas are the best! The one in Early is great too during football sesaon!:D

Emerson1
01-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Call me crazy, but I like the pizza at schlotzkies. Or however you spell the dang place.
That's all I get from there.

SintonFan
01-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
We went to LA two summers ago and I was told before we went "you have to eat an in-and-out burger." We found one on Sunset Blvd and it was great. Have had 5-guys also and would pick in-an-out anytime. (did I really just say that, that sounded BAD!) haha!

Thanks for proving my point.:D

slpybear the bullfan
01-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Meh. Spent a many a day in the Bay Area and In-And-Out never impressed me much. Its a decent burger (with "special Sauce:rolleyes: "). And they hype their "Free Range Beef" all the time. But nothing special.

If we were getting Cali food here, some decent fast food Sushi would be nice. Even better, Hawaiian Barbeque!

PS - If you are ever passing through Bridgeport, try a Rock City Burger. Make sure to order the Jalepeno bun!!!

Twirling Time
05-09-2011, 06:20 PM
http://fastfood.ocregister.com/2011/05/09/texas-in-n-out-restaurants-to-open-wednesday/95073/

Pendragon13
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
It doesnt have to be that great to blow Whataburger away. Yeah, I was about to mention that the bar isn't very high..:D

garciap77
05-09-2011, 07:59 PM

:iagree:

injuredinmelee
05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
whataburger is dog food. In&Out is the best fastfood burger in ther world.

STANG RED
05-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I tried in and out burger twice, just to make sure i didnt miss something the first time around (Reno NV). Nope, it was just as average the second time as the first. Of all the burgers I've ever had, in and out doesnt even make honerable mention.
Anybody tried Heff's Burgers in Abilene yet? Now thats a dang good burger! Better yet, the price is right. $6.25 for a 1/2 pounder, fries, and drink.

Pendragon13
05-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I tried in and out burger twice, just to make sure i didnt miss something the first time around (Reno NV). Nope, it was just as average the second time as the first. Of all the burgers I've ever had, in and out doesnt even make honerable mention.
Anybody tried Heff's Burgers in Abilene yet? Now thats a dang good burger! Better yet, the price is right. $6.25 for a 1/2 pounder, fries, and drink. Yeah, Heff's is pretty good stuff. The thing is you can always find a local joint that is better than the big chains..

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
whataburger is dog food. In&Out is the best fastfood burger in ther world.

all about preference and also finding a local one that does it right..I have ate at 3 in and outs...they were ok..better than McDonalds, about on par with Burger King...Whataburger of course being a regional chain I have ate at many..when they are good they are almost above fast food quality..when they are bad they are as you said, dogfood...I will take a good whataburger over a good In and Out Burger any day until proven otherwise

coach
05-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's all I get from there.

scholitzhis is awful...almost as bad as ljs

stang92
05-10-2011, 05:12 AM
They've had In-N-Out burgers and Carl's Jr in El Paso for years. GOOD STUFF post binge drinking

injuredinmelee
05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Anybody tried Heff's Burgers in Abilene yet? Now thats a dang good burger! Better yet, the price is right. $6.25 for a 1/2 pounder, fries, and drink.

Heffs is by far best burger in Abilene. Have known that family for years and very happy that they are doing so well!

injuredinmelee
05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by stang92
They've had In-N-Out burgers and Carl's Jr in El Paso for years. GOOD STUFF post binge drinking
When did they get In & Out in El Paso???

trojandad
05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
all about preference and also finding a local one that does it right..I have ate at 3 in and outs...they were ok..better than McDonalds, about on par with Burger King...Whataburger of course being a regional chain I have ate at many..when they are good they are almost above fast food quality..when they are bad they are as you said, dogfood...I will take a good whataburger over a good In and Out Burger any day until proven otherwise

+1......even though my last 3 trips to whataburger have had the dryest patties in a burger than i've had in ages.....gonna change whataburgers.....

bigwood33
05-10-2011, 07:37 AM
My thinking exactly.

icu812
05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Folks from CA feel the same way about In-N-Out as most Texans feel about Whataburger. In my book they are both good fast food but nothing special. You can do much better on the weber at home.

Matthew328
05-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm ready for the Ft Worth and Hurst location!

garciap77
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Buckeye1980
05-10-2011, 12:04 PM
There is new one in Longview called "Cheeburger Cheeburger", best burger I have ever had. From there website , I believe Longview and Houston are only Texas locations. Five different sizes from 1/3 of pound up to a one pounder, choose from 8 differnet cheeses and 22 different toppings at no extra charge. If you can can eat the pounder , your picture goes on the wall! 78 different flavors of shakes, says there are over 350,000 combinations. Do I like it? Been there a month and I have ate there 4 times :D

Look at website www.cheeburger.com

Tx Challenge
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I maintain my feelings towards In and Out Burgers. They are decent, and as far as fast food burgers go, they are as good as most. I still like Whataburger better. Here in Ca. though, they are always packed vs the other fast food joints.

For all that have never tried them though, they do have a secret menu that is not posted as many prob know. If I eat there, I get the "animal" style.

Here is one link to the "secret/no so secret" menu

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

Cam
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I had a pretty darn good burger at some little joint in Brownwood during a trip there for a 7-on-7 tourny. But I can't recall the name. It's just a little hole in the wall. I think it was across the street from a church and next to some homes. I remember one of our Burnet boys say, "there goes Stehl" who was passin' by in his truck...Beast, maybe you can name the place?

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I had a pretty darn good burger at some little joint in Brownwood during a trip there for a 7-on-7 tourny. But I can't recall the name. It's just a little hole in the wall. I think it was across the street from a church and next to some homes. I remember one of our Burnet boys say, "there goes Stehl" who was passin' by in his truck...Beast, maybe you can name the place?

Triple T? White run down building?

Cam
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

yep...that's gotta be it...

BEAST
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM

Thats what I was thinking also.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Cam
yep...that's gotta be it...

right up the road across the street from the Jr. High is the Train Car. Those burgers are even better.

eagles_victory
05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Anyone here ever had Dicks in Spokane Washington?

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 01:47 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p :p

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM

No I stay away from DICKS no matter what town I am in

Blastoderm55
05-10-2011, 01:57 PM
When did the discussion turn to hot dogs? :confused:

eagles_victory
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
No I stay away from DICKS no matter what town I am in You should make an exception if ever in the great Northwest the Whammie and Dick Shake are really good there

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
You should make an exception if ever in the great Northwest the Whammie and Dick Shake are really good there

What about the Hellicopter? :doh:

hollywood
05-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
When did the discussion turn to hot dogs? :confused:

New restaurant in Stephenville called Beans and Franks. Customize your hot dog with all the trimmin's. :)

hollywood
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
What about the Hellicopter? :doh: Beans and Franks... not sure if they have one called the hellicopter! :doh:

Phantom Stang
05-10-2011, 07:01 PM
You should make an exception if ever in the great Northwest the Whammie and Dick Shake are really good there
I'm skeered to ask what those are.:D

hollywood
05-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Well what do you know... I turned on the news this morning and Fox 4 was onsite at an In-N-Out Burger in Frisco for the grand opening today and a man from Brownwood drove 4 hours to get in line for a burger! Are they really that good??:confused:

Gsquared
05-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Well what do you know... I turned on the news this morning and Fox 4 was onsite at an In-N-Out Burger in Frisco for the grand opening today and a man from Brownwood drove 4 hours to get in line for a burger! Are they really that good??:confused:
Yeah, Brownwood was pretty darn good last year. They lost quite a bit to graduation though.

jason
05-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
New restaurant in Stephenville called Beans and Franks. Customize your hot dog with all the trimmin's. :) heard it was actually pretty good....

they do lunch stuff - hot dogs with the trimmings and loaded baked potatoes with all sorts of toppings....

im biased though because my wife works for Barefoot Athletics...

hollywood
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by jason
heard it was actually pretty good....

they do lunch stuff - hot dogs with the trimmings and loaded baked potatoes with all sorts of toppings....

Yeah I heard it was good... I know several who work there, JB. I run with the winner of the hot dog eating contest... only 8 dogs in 10 minutes... I think I could have beaten that. lol

hollywood
05-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Yeah, Brownwood was pretty darn good last year. They lost quite a bit to graduation though. LOL

Emerson1
05-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by jason
heard it was actually pretty good....

Maddie said she heard it sucked.

Emerson1
05-11-2011, 01:37 PM
http://youtu.be/PDbBXpwwWg8

I will get out there eventually. This store has to represent the brand so I bet the best quality IaO Burger you can get is gonna be at these two locations for a while.

Old Tiger
05-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Its all about going to the valley and getting a burger from Stars

Matthew328
05-11-2011, 01:51 PM
heard the wait right now is about 3 hours...and people actually camped out there...LOL

Old Tiger
05-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
heard the wait right now is about 3 hours...and people actually camped out there...LOL Some guy on k104 said he camped out for two days and was the first person to get an in and out burger in texas. but you probably know how the folks at k104 like to exaggerate

bolshavik
05-11-2011, 02:18 PM
too many Yankee's in DFW for my liking..Aint no way In -n out is better than Whataburger UNLESS you are a yankee

Matthew328
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Some guy on k104 said he camped out for two days and was the first person to get an in and out burger in texas. but you probably know how the folks at k104 like to exaggerate

No he was the first person in line..they showed him on Ch. 11 at 6:30 this morning

Matthew328
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by bolshavik
too many Yankee's in DFW for my liking..Aint no way In -n out is better than Whataburger UNLESS you are a yankee

Is California considered yankee territory?

bolshavik
05-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Yep, even had Union Soldier forts at one time

Matthew328
05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
meh...I was born in Maryland so I guess my version of yankee is different also..lol

big daddy russ
05-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by bolshavik
I prefer Whataburger myself, but In and Out does a damn good burger.

Roughneck93
05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Whataburger welcomes In-n-Out to Texas.

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/05/whataburger-welcomes-in-n-out-with-orange-cowboy-boots/

Twirling Time
05-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I decided tomorrow (Monday) will be the day I will hit the Frisco location for the first time. Hopefully it won't be as crazy as opening day.

bobcat1
05-15-2011, 06:58 PM
I went yesterday and waited in the drive thru line for an hour and 15 minutes. Burger Fixins in Celina is what came to mind when I ate it but it was not as good as Burger Fixins to me. Good hamburger thoough but not worth the wait. Fries were very bland and dry also. Next time i need a burger in Frisco I will go to Whataburger. I actually prefer them to In and Out.