PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Alomar and Blyleven

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Baseball HOF induction well deserved. Congrats to both, a little overdue though!

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
The balloting is such a fraud.

Someone isn't a Hall of Famer for x years, but suddenly is one when the voters determine they've waited long enough considering their merits.

I think players like Jeff Bagwell and Edgar Martinez being overlooked is sad. I don't care that Edgar Martinez played DH...he was one of if not the most feared hitter in the game for a decade. And Bagwell did so much more than the traditional slugging first baseman.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The balloting is such a fraud.

Someone isn't a Hall of Famer for x years, but suddenly is one when the voters determine they've waited long enough considering their merits.

I think players like Jeff Bagwell and Edgar Martinez being overlooked is sad. I don't care that Edgar Martinez played DH...he was one of if not the most feared hitter in the game for a decade. And Bagwell did so much more than the traditional slugging first baseman.

Totally agree, the ones inducted should have been first ballot easily. Bagwell being grouped with steroid users is ridiculous. Current voting system is to blame and does hurt the baseball HOF.

bobcat1
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Old Spit in your face made it. Classy Guy right there.

carter08
01-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Based on the voting, Bags will get in next year or the year after probably.

But Palmeiro and McGwire? Looks bleak for them.

lostaussie
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Old Spit in your face made it. Classy Guy right there. whats funny is hardly anybody has even brought it up. I can't remember a single play the guy made...............but I do remember when he spit in the umps face:doh:

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
whats funny is hardly anybody has even brought it up. I can't remember a single play the guy made...............but I do remember when he spit in the umps face:doh:

it has been brought up ALOT on ESPN and MLB network

RoyceTTU
01-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
whats funny is hardly anybody has even brought it up. I can't remember a single play the guy made...............but I do remember when he spit in the umps face:doh:

He really was a magician on 2nd base. 12 all-star games :eek: :eek: 10 gold gloves:clap: :clap:

This guy was a stud!!!

Other than that he was a dud!!!
The face spit and the AIDS debacle sure didn't help.
Many great sports figures have learned that 1 screw up can ruin a terrific career