PDA

View Full Version : Texas Music

Ernest T Bass
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Not sure how many of you have heard of Bleu Edmonson, but I bought his new CD a week before Christmas and haven't taken it out of my truck since. Best Ive heard in quite awhile.
Just thought Id share.

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I do listen! I'll have to check it out, what is the name of the CD.

I like Randy Rogers and No Justice Cd's that came out the last couple of months.

Ernest T Bass
01-05-2011, 01:18 PM
The Future Ain't What It Used To be

Blackcat1954
01-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Bleu Edmondson has been around for a while

His big early hit was $50 And a Flask Of Crown

Heard him at the tiny historic Egypt Saloon about 10 years ago which is located between Hungerford and Wharton near Glen Flora off FM 102.

He only have about 20 people there but a great show-Haven'ts seen him since but he doesn't play in South Texas near Houston area much anymore.

We haven't heard any Texas music in over 3 years seems like-We just quit going out like we used to every weekend around Houston clubs and Greek Bros in Houston,

Our partying days for the most part. Had some wild ones in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s

Maybe one day if the right band is playing we might go again.

Ernest T Bass
01-05-2011, 02:10 PM
He's come along way, lyrically, since that song, BC.

LIONS#1
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I like Brandon Rhyder and the new RRB CD!!! right now Bleu is in my library as well!!

BaseballUmp
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
RRB, Kyle Park, and Josh Abbott are my favorites right now

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
STONEY!

LOL, also like Brandon Rhyder, RRB, Bleu, REK, Charlie Robinson, Cory Morrow, CCR, 1100 Springs, Reckless Kelly, Scott Copeland, Roger Creager... lots of others on my iPhone.

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Charlie Robinson,

I don't think this had an "N" in his last name:doh:

But I like his music too. El Cerito Place is one of my all time favorites.

His brother Bruce Robison is pretty dang good too.

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I don't think this had an "N" in his last name:doh:

But I like his music too. El Cerito Place is one of my all time favorites.

His brother Bruce Robison is pretty dang good too.
Yup, you are correct. Good Times and Hometown are both big on my playlists.

GrTigers6
01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
95.9 the ranch is the number 1 setting on my radio. I listen to it almost all the time when I can reach it. Its funny you lose it in Arlington but can pick it up as far as Santa Anna. (other side of Brownwood, for those of you who dont know where santa anna is). :D
I listen to nothing but Texas music
Nashville Country Sucks:D

BaseballUmp
01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Yea I agree GR, I usually just plug in my droid to the radio and put it on Wade Bowen or RRB Pandora station

LHSEagleFan
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
You can catch Brandon Rhyder,Cory Morrow, and a lot more at the annual Celebrate of Life and Music in Luling in March , just keep an eye on WWW.Celebratetom.com , the line up will show up as they add acts, great time and great benefit.

LIONS#1
01-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by LHSEagleFan
You can catch Brandon Rhyder,Cory Morrow, and a lot more at the annual Celebrate of Life and Music in Luling in March , just keep an eye on WWW.Celebratetom.com , the line up will show up as they add acts, great time and great benefit.

I went last year and had some Luling BBQ as well great show!!

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
95.9 the ranch is the number 1 setting on my radio. I listen to it almost all the time when I can reach it. Its funny you lose it in Arlington but can pick it up as far as Santa Anna. (other side of Brownwood, for those of you who dont know where santa anna is). :D

Yep, my wife has an iphone and has The Ranch App so we can listen whenever and wherever. It actually streams great. If they will build an app for BlackBerry, i would be happy.

GrTigers6
01-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Yep, my wife has an iphone and has The Ranch App so we can listen whenever and wherever. It actually streams great. If they will build an app for BlackBerry, i would be happy. Yep I have it too, but it doesnt work well at deer lease. Its not 3g. infact its barely a signal lol

jason
01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
STONEY!

LOL, also like Brandon Rhyder, RRB, Bleu, REK, Charlie Robinson, Cory Morrow, CCR, 1100 Springs, Reckless Kelly, Scott Copeland, Roger Creager... lots of others on my iPhone.

scott copeland is awesome...

Daddy D 11
01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
rrb, both robisons and 1000 springs have always been my favorites

Daddy D 11
01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
love Adam Carroll too

Emerson1
01-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Turn to 95.3 the Range once you hit that point. It goes as far east as Forney before it starts to mix with a spanish station. Same format as the ranch. I wonder why it dies so close to their broadcast point.

GrTigers6
01-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Turn to 95.3 the Range once you hit that point. It goes as far east as Forney before it starts to mix with a spanish station. Same format as the ranch. I wonder why it dies so close to their broadcast point. They say ,and they could be joking, but they say that they purposely turned the signal west because thats where the good fans are. lol
But I think their main tower is still in Mineral Wells where they use to be.

bleedmaroon
01-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Not sure how many of you have heard of Bleu Edmonson, but I bought his new CD a week before Christmas and haven't taken it out of my truck since. Best Ive heard in quite awhile.
Just thought Id share.

His previous CD "Lost Boy" was a monumental leap ahead of his previous efforts. Have not really listened to this new one. Hopefully it's as good.

hollywood
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Who's even better than Bleu is Matt Powell. Wrote $50. Fantastic. Great songwriter and can play just about every instrument! Reckless is about as good as it gets IMO. Mickey and the Motorcars are up there too. Brother to Willy and Cody from RK. Radney Foster, Jack Ingram, Jason Boland are a few others not mentioned that are great! The Turnpike Tribudors have a song they play on the Ranch thats got my attention lately. I've been listening to Ryan Bingham a lot lately. Go check out The Cody Gill band. I know them personally. Very good up and coming!

hollywood
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
love Adam Carroll too

Some Adam Caroll is awesome! Red Bandana Blues, Screendoor, Red Cain Blues, Snowcone Man...

hollywood
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jason
scott copeland is awesome...

He's a pretty cool dude too. Outhere, but pretty damn cool. I sat and talked to him for a while one night. Interesting take on life.

hollywood
01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Just thought Id share.

If you like Bleu Edmonson, you'll love Matt Powell.

Check out James McMurtry. Very eccentric, but a fantastic song writer. Is father is the author Larry McMurtry. Genetics.

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
James McMurtry gets on my nerves. Just a very strange dude and only a handful of songs I can listen to. He whines a lot in his songs.
Anyway, back to the original topic, Bleu's new CD is greatness. Wasn't a big fan of his during the "$50 and a" days, but his songwriting has come a long way. For me, lyrics make the song. Im a big Dave Mathews fan for the same reason. He can't sing for crap, but he's an awesome songwriter.

slpybear the bullfan
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
He's a pretty cool dude too. Outhere, but pretty damn cool. I sat and talked to him for a while one night. Interesting take on life.

Yeah, we went to a friends party a few years back and Scott and his guitar player were hired to play. They were awesome entertainment and had us rolling.

hollywood
01-06-2011, 06:07 PM
James McMurtry gets on my nerves. Just a very strange dude and only a handful of songs I can listen to. He whines a lot in his songs.
Anyway, back to the original topic, Bleu's new CD is greatness. Wasn't a big fan of his during the "$50 and a" days, but his songwriting has come a long way. For me, lyrics make the song. Im a big Dave Mathews fan for the same reason. He can't sing for crap, but he's an awesome songwriter.

Lol, yeah McMurtry is an odd duck and requires an aquired taste. Fantastic live though. A 3 piece band... mostly old hippies.

I understand on the lyrics, Robert Earl has one of the worst voices but can wright and present a great song.

I'll have to check out Bleu's new CD. Don't forget about Matt Powell. He's actually one of Bleu's inspirations and wrote $50.

Chris Knight is another one of my favorties. Great live as well.

bp80884
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
love Adam Carroll too

Wow, haven't heard Adam Carroll in a while. I miss the song "bubblegum and carma".

If you have not heard the Midnight River Choir or Dean Seltzer, check them out. both are awesome sounding and great concerts.

hollywood
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Bleu Edmonson new CD is pretty good. Typical Bleu style and well produced.

Check out the Turnpike Tribudors newest CD "Diamonds and Gasoline". Fantastic album!

Also for all Texas Music fans, I ran across a great tribute CD to one of the fathers of Texas Music Robert Earl Keen, "Undone". All songs are acoustic and raw performed by artist from Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers, Chris Knight, Max Stalling, Brandon Ryder, Cody Canada, Roger Craiger and even the great REK himself.

Emerson1
01-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Randy Rogers Band
Paul Nunn
James Lann
Brian Burke Band
Casey Donahew Band
Josh Abbot
Cory Morrow

Emerson1
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Future-Aint-What-Used-Be/dp/B00476D2V2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294631956&sr=8-2

The Future Aint What is Used to Be - $5 on amazon right now.

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Bleu Edmonson new CD is pretty good. Typical Bleu style and well produced.

Check out the Turnpike Tribudors newest CD "Diamonds and Gasoline". Fantastic album!

Also for all Texas Music fans, I ran across a great tribute CD to one of the fathers of Texas Music Robert Earl Keen, "Undone". All songs are acoustic and raw performed by artist from Reckless Kelly, Randy Rogers, Chris Knight, Max Stalling, Brandon Ryder, Cody Canada, Roger Craiger and even the great REK himself.

Heard that REK tribute. Makes me wish REK would just stick to songwriting. Most of those are much better than when he sings them himself. The Reckless Kelly song is awesome.

SintonFan
01-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Just thought Id share.

Children Friendly?

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Children Friendly?

Yeah, nothing you wouldn't hear on regular mainstream radio. There may be a "hell" or "damn" somewhere in there, but I dont remember anything worse than that.

Emerson1
01-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Randy Rogers Band is going to be Jay Leno this Friday.

3afan
02-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://www.amazon.com/Future-Aint-What-Used-Be/dp/B00476D2V2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294631956&sr=8-2

The Future Aint What is Used to Be - $5 on amazon right now.

downloaded this last week --- its really good, not your classic 'texas country' ...... you can certainly hear his bruce springsteen influence

Emerson1
09-07-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.joshabbottband.com/

"New music is here! We've made "Hell's Gates On Fire" available to help aid the victims of the TX fires. All we ask for is a donation. You decide how much you want to give. Just click the link, donate thru PayPal, and then download. Thank you and PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!! There are 125,000+ of you following us. Let's get 2 or 3 times that to donate!!! Please share with your friends. "

nobogey72
09-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Is there a channel on XM-Sirius that plays alot of Texas Country?