PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the NCAA

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Well the NCAA got what it wanted in the Ohio State win. Without those players they do not win. So once again congrats to the NCAA on their Sugar Bowl win!

eagles_victory
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Well the NCAA got what it wanted in the Ohio State win. Without those players they do not win. So once again congrats to the NCAA on their Sugar Bowl win! They didn't make Arkansas lose the game like they did. Arkansas can't blame anyone but themselves.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They didn't make Arkansas lose the game like they did. Arkansas can't blame anyone but themselves.

One of the would be suspended players sealed the game. Yes Arkansas made many mistakes, but Ohio State does not win without those players!

eagles_victory
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
One of the would be suspended players sealed the game. Yes Arkansas made many mistakes, but Ohio State does not win without those players! who cares who wants to beat a team not at their best. If Arkansas can scoop the ball and score like they should of they would of won. Noone should feel sorry for Arkansas that they didn't win on a technicality.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
who cares who wants to beat a team not at their best. If Arkansas can scoop the ball and score like they should of they would of won. Noone should feel sorry for Arkansas that they didn't win on a technicality.
Could care less if Arkansas won or lost. My congratulations was to the NCAA they are who won, not Ohio State. If NCAA does not rule they way they did, which is inconsistent to say the least, Ohio State never wins that game.

JasperDog94
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Could care less if Arkansas won or lost. My congratulations was to the NCAA they are who won, not Ohio State. If NCAA does not rule they way they did, which is inconsistent to say the least, Ohio State never wins that game. :iagree:

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 12:59 AM
I still dont understand what the 5 did..how dare them sale their OWN STUFF

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I still dont understand what the 5 did..how dare them sale their OWN STUFF

Violated NCAA rules is what was reported by almost every single news outlet.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Violated NCAA rules is what was reported by almost every single news outlet.

lol not getting my point..I think it is a stupid rules, the things they sold they owned

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 01:09 AM
lol not getting my point..I think it is a stupid rules, the things they sold they owned

No, I completely get your point. The NCAA or otherwise know as the national communist against athletes (Bosworth) makes very stupid rules. What is worse is how they enforce their rules. They are enforced only to their benefit or the benefit of the university that gets them what they want!

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 01:11 AM
No, I completely get your point. The NCAA or otherwise know as the national communist against athletes (Bosworth) makes very stupid rules. What is worse is how they enforce their rules. They are enforced only to their benefit or the benefit of the university that gets them what they want!

I dont think for once OSU wanted the player eligibile tonight but then suspended to begin next season, but your right about the NCAA doing what is best for them since they want the stars on national TV

eagles_victory
01-05-2011, 01:15 AM
I dont think for once OSU wanted the player eligibile tonight but then suspended to begin next season, but your right about the NCAA doing what is best for them since they want the stars on national TV People are way overblowing this game is a glorified exhibition. It will hurt much more next year.

NastySlot
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM
People are way overblowing this game is a glorified exhibition. It will hurt much more next year.

you re right it will hurt next year a lot.............and aren't these guys being punished for selling stuff two years ago I thought I heard that some where.

and lets not fool ourselves....there are a handful of universities out there that would of been treated the same way.....cause the are the cash cows.

BaseballUmp
01-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Basically what everything is about is the fact that all the rest of the students didnt have stuff to sell like the fball players thus giving the athletes an advantage.

They had goods to sell unlike the students therefore they had something to gain.

eagles_victory
01-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Basically what everything is about is the fact that all the rest of the students didnt have stuff to sell like the fball players thus giving the athletes an advantage.

They had goods to sell unlike the students therefore they had something to gain. Yeah because athletes aren't suppose to receive benefits for being athletes....everyone who has ever been on a college campus knows athletes get benefits regular students don't get all the time.

PHOP
01-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah because athletes aren't suppose to receive benefits for being athletes....everyone who has ever been on a college campus knows athletes get benefits regular students don't get all the time.

:iagree:

NCAA makes millions if not billions on the college athlete - I'd be interested to see where the money trail leads.

Tejastrue
01-05-2011, 09:29 AM
First time to see Mallett play, was just above average at best. Did not look like pro material, at least not last night. Notice how many passes thrown at the receiver's feet? Of course, they didn't help the cause by dropping a few too many. Ohio State was pratically begging Arkansas to win this game. They didn't take advantage of the opportunities. Blame Arkansas for the loss, not the NCAA regardless if you agree with their rules/policies/sanctions.
IMO, the penalties imposed on the OSU players was extremely harsh for the so-called crimes.

jason
01-05-2011, 09:31 AM
mallet has choked in most of his big games, especially in crunch time...

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jason
mallet has choked in most of his big games, especially in crunch time...

The announcers were sure talking him up big.

"That was a pro style pass"
"that was a pro style decision"

IMO, there was nothing Pro about the way he was sacked and hurried up all game. I'm not a big "vick Style" QB fan, but dang, you have to be able to scramble into the flat or outside of the tackle box to throw the ball away.

He will need some serious growing up to do before he can be a pro anything.

Black_Magic
01-05-2011, 10:52 AM
They didn't make Arkansas lose the game like they did. Arkansas can't blame anyone but themselves. I think what he is saying is that 5 players from Ohio state should not have been alowed to play. Its stupit to make them sit the first five games of NEXT year but let them play the sugar bowl.

Black_Magic
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I still dont understand what the 5 did..how dare them sale their OWN STUFF They can sell there own stuff. Just not stuff related to them playing football in order to profit from it. Heck tell them to pawn the Ipod or a TV. NO they didnt do that. They sold something that was worth money BECAUSE they play for OHIO ST.

steer4life
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
They were suspended because they benefited from something that the school bought for them. It was property of their own after the school bought them for them winning. Thats why they were suspended

Saggy Aggie
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I dont see how it matters? My grandpa might buy something for me, but it's still mine right? It's no longer his, nor was it ever his really... if you think about it.

I just don't see how they can get in trouble for selling their own property? And a 5 game suspension was too harsh, IMO. I really don't see the problem with it. Maybe it's just me...

steer4life
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it either, I was just saying the reason they were suspended for it. I guess their saying its the same as the school just handing you money because they gave you that property. But its not like this doesnt happen everywhere. College athletes get Many things from people in the state they play at and this is never brought up. Its just how well you can hide it. They shouldnt have been suspended, especially not for 5 games and i think that will be reduced when the appeal is made

LIONS#1
01-05-2011, 03:21 PM
If it wasn't The Ohio State Bucknutts or USC or any other big name $$$ program then it IS an issue. You can bet if TCU or Boise State had these same circumstances the NCAA would have dealt these "lesser" schools harsher penalties!! IMHO of course;)

defense51
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Go NCAA!!!

jambo67
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
DEATH TO THE BCS.....A must read by Dan Wetzel, Josh Peter and Jeff Passan. Will change your entire outlook on the Bowl BS.

Black_Magic
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
If it wasn't The Ohio State Bucknutts or USC or any other big name $$$ program then it IS an issue. You can bet if TCU or Boise State had these same circumstances the NCAA would have dealt these "lesser" schools harsher penalties!! IMHO of course;) OR if it was SMU they may have made them stop playing football for a few years. Wonder if any other person from Ohio state sold something from the school if they would have gotten $2000 for it. Wonder if the drum major in the band sold a ring if he would have gotten $2000 for it. of corse not... Reason they were worth more is because they are big name football players at Ohio state. If you alow that then alow them to make comercials and ads....

Phil C
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
OR if it was SMU they may have made them stop playing football for a few years. Wonder if any other person from Ohio state sold something from the school if they would have gotten $2000 for it. Wonder if the drum major in the band sold a ring if he would have gotten $2000 for it. of corse not... Reason they were worth more is because they are big name football players at Ohio state. If you alow that then alow them to make comercials and ads....

I agree. It is ye ole double standard. If it had been SMU as you said or TCU, A &M or Tulane it would have been harsher. What will be ironic is if they decide to go to the NFL and they would be foolish not too if they are projeced in the first two rounds.

Phil C
01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I really expected more class from Coach Tressel. What a letdown.

Black_Magic
01-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree. It is ye ole double standard. If it had been SMU as you said or TCU, A &M or Tulane it would have been harsher. What will be ironic is if they decide to go to the NFL and they would be foolish not too if they are projeced in the first two rounds. I think if ANY of the 5 decide to go pro and not be there to serve the suspension then the NCAA should ban them from a bowl game next year.

cr180t
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I think if ANY of the 5 decide to go pro and not be there to serve the suspension then the NCAA should ban them from a bowl game next year.

Sounds like someone who did not want OHS to win. Are you an Ohio State Hater. lol

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
Sounds like someone who did not want OHS to win. Are you an Ohio State Hater. lol No, I think it might have something to do with the fact that all 5 players promised to come back next year, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to play in the bowl game. Now, if they go back on that promise... then all hell should break lose from Tressel, not the NCAA.

Black_Magic
01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
Sounds like someone who did not want OHS to win. Are you an Ohio State Hater. lol Heck no they didnt diserve to win with the 5 they played. come on NCAA! Grow some and make them sit the sugar bowl and 4 games next season. But to let them play in the big game AND THEN say they sit out 5 games after that is a joke. Cam Newton should have to sit. He broke the rules too. To argue he didnt know about his dads dealing should not be a defense. It opens the door to anyone to have a parent wheel and deal with univeristies to get money and then claim they didnt break the rules.

cr180t
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Heck no they didnt diserve to win with the 5 they played. come on NCAA! Grow some and make them sit the sugar bowl and 4 games next season. But to let them play in the big game AND THEN say they sit out 5 games after that is a joke. Cam Newton should have to sit. He broke the rules too. To argue he didnt know about his dads dealing should not be a defense. It opens the door to anyone to have a parent wheel and deal with univeristies to get money and then claim they didnt break the rules.

You didn't pick Oregan did you lol Just where did you grow up

LoboesWT
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM

I always expect more from a coach, but the problem is with the NCAA. He is doing what is legal (for lack of a better term) under the current ruling of the NCAA. The only reason the NCAA even remotely enforces rules is do to one reason. The Media, wheter National or Local, they do the reporting and most of the fact finding for the NCAA. Without the Media bringing light to these infractions nothing would be done. The only thing that keeps the NCAA remotely honest is the MEDIA. The NCAA even created policies to create an extreme gray area for punishment, thus the university that brings in less money gets a more severe punishment and it is pubicly displayed (e.g. SMU, Okla St). The university that is a cash cow (e.g. USC or Ohio St) slaps to the wrists. USC for their trangressions compared to SMU should have gotten the death penalty. Football and Basketball players have been proven at USC to be on the take, but since they are a cash cow it was simply swept under the rug.

Blastoderm55
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM

Did you ever admire Coach Tressel?

Blastoderm55
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
nm

Black_Magic
01-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I always expect more from a coach, but the problem is with the NCAA. He is doing what is legal (for lack of a better term) under the current ruling of the NCAA. The only reason the NCAA even remotely enforces rules is do to one reason. The Media, wheter National or Local, they do the reporting and most of the fact finding for the NCAA. Without the Media bringing light to these infractions nothing would be done. The only thing that keeps the NCAA remotely honest is the MEDIA. The NCAA even created policies to create an extreme gray area for punishment, thus the university that brings in less money gets a more severe punishment and it is pubicly displayed (e.g. SMU, Okla St). The university that is a cash cow (e.g. USC or Ohio St) slaps to the wrists. USC for their trangressions compared to SMU should have gotten the death penalty. Football and Basketball players have been proven at USC to be on the take, but since they are a cash cow it was simply swept under the rug. THE Big schools like Ohio state, USC, TEXAS, OU, ALABAMA ect have it all under control. They dont want a playoff system because a TCU or Boise State can be a National Champion that way. Even Though TCU, Boise and Utah have all taken down BCS champions or Big dogs on national TV in the last 3 years it wont change. The big schools like it this way. They keep thier monopoly on the best recuits this way. Division I football is the most bogus ranked deal of ALL the NCAA sports.