PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State & the NCAA

shamu85
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
What a bunch of BS. The freakin' Big 10 is the main power conference when it comes to keeping the BCS intact, and that moron Gordon Gee ran his mouth about how TCU didn't really "deserve" to be in a BCS bowl. How do you like purple and black now, huh? Bunch of corrupt admins getting their fingers wet while telling everyone else how they can only look but don't touch.

OSU Morons (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-pryor010311)

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Someone explain to me how OSU goes to a BCS bowl and didn't even win their conference?

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Someone explain to me how OSU goes to a BCS bowl and didn't even win their conference? Same way Stanford and Arkansas did. Or are you insinuating that they don't belong in a BCS game?

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Same way Stanford and Arkansas did. Or are you insinuating that they don't belong in a BCS game?

You're right, I forgot about them. I guess the same way that OU got into the MNC game without winning the Big12 a few years ago, too.

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
You're right, I forgot about them. I guess the same way that OU got into the MNC game without winning the Big12 a few years ago, too. yup

shamu85
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Someone explain to me how OSU goes to a BCS bowl and didn't even win their conference?

Actually, they did win their conference, didn't they? They were co-champs with Michigan State and Wisconsin I believe. All three had one loss. Wisconsin to MSU, MSU to OSU and OSU to Wisconsin.

Just looked it up and OSU did not play MSU, but they did lose to Wisconsin. MSU lost to Iowa and Wisconsin lost to MSU.....oh, AND TCU!!!

Emerson1
01-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Terrelle Pryor is wearing a $500 set of headphones during warmups.

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Terrelle Pryor is wearing a $500 set of headphones during warmups. Probably from the promoters of the bowl game.

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Actually, they did win their conference, didn't they? They were co-champs with Michigan State and Wisconsin I believe. All three had one loss. Wisconsin to MSU, MSU to OSU and OSU to Wisconsin.

Just looked it up and OSU did not play MSU, but they did lose to Wisconsin. MSU lost to Iowa and Wisconsin lost to MSU.....oh, AND TCU!!! I think conference winner is decided by who is ranked highest?!?!

Tin Cup
01-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I would bench the players. You lose without them, who cares. You still get the money, and it makes your program appear ethical.

You allow them to play, you have no credibility as a coach, and if you lose the game your program takes a big hit.

I'm a huge Razorback fan tonight

LoboesWT
01-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I would bench the players. You lose without them, who cares. You still get the money, and it makes your program appear ethical.

You allow them to play, you have no credibility as a coach, and if you lose the game your program takes a big hit.

I am joining your bandwagon Tin Cup. Crack that Buckeye and their cheating unethical ways. Even though it's fun to hunt for hogs, I am pulling for them tonight!

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM

if what they did was so bad I would agree..but I dont see the problem with what they did, they sold THEIR OWN STUFF.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 11:42 PM
You're right, I forgot about them. I guess the same way that OU got into the MNC game without winning the Big12 a few years ago, too.

luckily that cant happen now

Emerson1
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Ryan Mallett's last pass in high school and college is going to end up being interceptions. He needs to learn throwing it as hard as you can under pressure isn't always a good thing.

DDBooger
01-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Ryan Mallett's last pass in high school and college is going to end up being interceptions. He needs to learn throwing it as hard as you can under pressure isn't always a good thing. His receivers need to learn how to catch.

3afan
01-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I think conference winner is decided by who is ranked highest?!?!

no, the Rose Bowl participant was decided on BCS ranking, not the "conference winner"

PHOP
01-05-2011, 08:40 AM
I would love to see TCU & The Ohio State play

I do believe that would be a real good game

PHOP
01-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Most BCS Bowl Wins - All-Time
Ohio State 6
Florida 5
USC 5 (Includes vacated 2005 Orange Bowl)
LSU 4

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Let's not forget that the NCAA isn't the only sanction where suspensions are applied to the future rather than in the postseason.

Does anybody remember Roberto Alomar spitting in John Hirsbeck's face in the late 90s? It came near the end of the season, and Alomar was suspended for the start of the NEXT season, but was allowed to play in the postseason. So it's not like the NCAA is out on an island on this decision.

RoyceTTU
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
This is getting worse, I hope Tressel gets slammed over this

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-osuprobe030711

Ernest T Bass
03-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Hmmm, does the sweater vest get his golden ticket?

RoyceTTU
03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
***. Only a 2 game suspension for going out of his way to make sure his players didn't get get caught for cheating. Osu is such a joke

Ernest T Bass
03-08-2011, 07:55 PM
All hail the sweater vest!

RoyceTTU
03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
After finally finding an article about it on my phone I see he got 2 games suspension with 250,000 fine from osu in a self sanction. Ncaa still has to weigh in to see if that is sufficient.

Enough is enough. It has been reported that since 2000 osu has committed over 375 seperate ncaa violation. ***. You have to be kidding me. They shouldn't see a bowl game for 10 years.

bobcat4life
03-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
***. Only a 2 game suspension for going out of his way to make sure his players didn't get get caught for cheating. Osu is such a joke So he wont be there for the Podunk State and Deliverance Tech games? Ouch :D