PDA

View Full Version : Giants might give Plaxico Burress 2nd chance when released from prison

Looking4number8
01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-York-Giants-Plaxico-Burress-possible-return-010411

Personally I have no problem with it. The main thing he was guilty of was being stupid. If I remember right, he was not even pulling the gun out, he just shot himself with it being in his pocket. He deserved to go to jail for taking the gun into a public place like that but at lots worse has happened with less jail time I would guess.

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I imagine that Burress will hold workouts when released, and if he's maintained his shape at all, there will be a handful of teams interested in him. Not sure that the Giants will end up being his best option considering their young WR corps, but if they're the only team that ends up interested, I could see it.

eagles_victory
01-05-2011, 03:00 AM
You have to wonder if the success of Vick will make teams take a closer look at Plaxico.

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You have to wonder if the success of Vick will make teams take a closer look at Plaxico.

Don't think it will apply very much. I think Donte Stallworth is a better comp.

Plaxico lacks the difference-making skill set that Michael Vick had. Plaxico was a very good receiver, but he doesn't do anything that nobody else out there can.

I'm sure he'll get some looks, and he'll probably end up on a roster, but I doubt he'll be relied on as a #1 receiver.

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

I think Plax is going to be 4 years older than when Vick got out of the clink. That might make a big difference to who wants to take a chance.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Don't think it will apply very much. I think Donte Stallworth is a better comp.

Plaxico lacks the difference-making skill set that Michael Vick had. Plaxico was a very good receiver, but he doesn't do anything that nobody else out there can.

I'm sure he'll get some looks, and he'll probably end up on a roster, but I doubt he'll be relied on as a #1 receiver.

As a receiver, it will depend on wheter or not he has lost his speed. He had good hands and is tall, which will help him. If he can't get seperation in drills, then there will not be many takers.

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
As a receiver, it will depend on wheter or not he has lost his speed. He had good hands and is tall, which will help him. If he can't get seperation in drills, then there will not be many takers.

well, he did shoot himself in the leg...so...that speed coming back is no guarantee.

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
well, he did shoot himself in the leg...so...that speed coming back is no guarantee.

Was it the leg or his business :eek: :eek: :eek: