PDA

View Full Version : Riley Dodge leaving UNT

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4671553/riley-dodge-leaving-north-texas

Interesting that he wasn't the QB at the beginning of last season because his father had determined that his arm injury had ended his QB career, but now he wants to go elsewhere to play QB in a passing-first offense.

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Can't read it here. Where's he goin'?

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 04:09 PM
"The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southwestern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware. "

44INAROW
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Can't read it here. Where's he goin'?

Dodge, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining, plans to go to Football Subdivision Championship program with a passing offense. The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southwestern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware.

SHSBulldog00
The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southwestern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware.

He should add Sam Houston State to his list. We have done a good job with QB's leaving bigger school's.

Dustin Long - A&M
Rhett Bomar - Oklahoma

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't know the kid personally, but I heard first hand from one UNT player that Riley is tough to deal with. Best way to describe him was "pre-modonna".

Sounded like he got his run of the campus with Dad their. Now having said that, this kid is a stud and it will be interesting to see how good he is away from dad.

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
"pre-modonna".

Prima donna ;)

Ranger Mom
01-04-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't know the kid personally, but I heard first hand from one UNT player that Riley is tough to deal with. Best way to describe him was "pre-modonna".

Sounded like he got his run of the campus with Dad their. Now having said that, this kid is a stud and it will be interesting to see how good he is away from dad.

You are kidding aren't you?? You know that it is "Prima Donna"....right??

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are kidding aren't you?? You know that it is "Prima Donna"....right??

Actually NO, I didn't but didn't thought it would be more appropriate to write this instead of #$%@-Head like I actually heard.:doh: :doh:

I left my dictionary and thesaraus at the house this AM :D

Looking4number8
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Actually NO, I didn't but didn't thought it would be more appropriate to write this instead of #$%@-Head like I actually heard.:doh: :doh:

I left my dictionary and thesaraus at the house this AM :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have been declared by my buddy Sweetwater Red as the worst speller on the board and I really can't deny that being the honest truth. If it makes you feel better I did not even notice you had written it wrong until they called you out. I just want to know if I can use your response the next time someone makes fun of my spelling... I promise to give you credit for it!

44INAROW
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM

lol not sure why that made me laugh, but it did... by the way - where is his dad now?

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lol not sure why that made me laugh, but it did... by the way - where is his dad now?

I havn't heard where he landed. I figure he would of taken a HS position by now, since all the SC games are over. That makes me think maybe he is in the running for some type of positions coach at UT or another texas university.

Many colleges don't like to announce the hires until after the bowls are done. Some could care less though.

But who knows, like I said, the person I talked to wasn't very fond of the dodge family.

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I have been declared by my buddy Sweetwater Red as the worst speller on the board and I really can't deny that being the honest truth. If it makes you feel better I did not even notice you had written it wrong until they called you out. I just want to know if I can use your response the next time someone makes fun of my spelling... I promise to give you credit for it!

Go for it ;)

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
From what I know of him, Riley's a top notch kid. He's super competitive, which I could see rubbing a few folks the wrong way.
Coach Dodge is entertaining a few college jobs. He's really not interested in any HS positions, but don't completely rule it out.

Ranger Mom
01-04-2011, 05:01 PM

I left my dictionary and thesaraus at the house this AM :D

I just thought it was funny....when I read "pre-modonna"....I immediately thought of Madonna!!

So I am guessing that "pre-modonna" would have been around 1980 and before?:p :p

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just thought it was funny....when I read "pre-modonna"....I immediately thought of Madonna!!

So I am guessing that "pre-modonna" would have been around 1980 and before?:p :p

I know there are tons of people out there though who wouldn't mind being "post-madonna".

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I know there are tons of people out there though who wouldn't mind being "post-madonna".

Is that before or after Dennis Rodman:thinking: :thinking:

http://blstb.msn.com/i/37/6469DEDA7F84CB287FA26F26A8E2D.jpg

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Have to say I never expected to see Dennis Rodman's pubic hair in a thread about Riley Dodge....

coach
01-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Have to say I never expected to see Dennis Rodman's pubic hair in a thread about Riley Dodge....

:fnypost:

Ranger Mom
01-04-2011, 05:51 PM

I know...I couldn't even respond!! I just had to close the thread as fast as I possibly could!!!:eek: :eek:

Pendragon13
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Should I post all the schools he's considering or has that already been done?:D

Emerson1
01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
There is no Southwestern Louisiana.

BaseballUmp
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Me and Riley were best friends when we were like 5 when Todd was the HC in Cameron before he left and made it "big"

PPHSfan
01-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
There is no Southwestern Louisiana.

So do they mean Southwestern in Texas, or Northwestern in Louisiana?

BaseballUmp
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Or maybe SouthEastern Louisiana

BaseballUmp
01-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Yea they went back in the article and edited it to SeLA