PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Hoo 49ers Players...

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Old School Warning:

You got to be kidding me---grown men paid millions of dollars "too scared of the coach" to play well? You got to be kidding me...

I don't think the louder a coach yells, the more results he gets, but things have gotten silly in the NFL. Coaches have no authority anymore and can't talk harshly much less cut or bench anyone anymore?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/258850-niners-were-scared-of-singletary?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Mamby Pamby Land!

95mustang
01-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately that is the Society we live in today. I personally think they need to make the league minimum as a rookie and get pay increases depending on performance (like everyone else that starts a new job). Even at the league minimum they are still making a ton more money than most of the hard working Americans today. This is why I am a bigger high school and college football fan.

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Unfortunately that is the Society we live in today. I personally think they need to make the league minimum as a rookie and get pay increases depending on performance (like everyone else that starts a new job). Even at the league minimum they are still making a ton more money than most of the hard working Americans today. This is why I am a bigger high school and college football fan.

+1 me too :clap:

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I am gonna play devil's advocate here

I dont think they meant they were actually SCARED of him like he would hurt them..but that it got to the point he was jumping on them for every little mistake they made to the point they lost their confidence

BTW..Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith and others said that was how it got to be with Jimmy Johnson..it got to the point players were getting their butt chewed for the littlest thing and players were not able to play lose and confident because they were always waiting for the next JJ explosion

Third
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I dont think they meant they were actually SCARED of him like he would hurt them..but that it got to the point he was jumping on them for every little mistake they made to the point they lost their confidence

BTW..Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith and others said that was how it got to be with Jimmy Johnson..it got to the point players were getting their butt chewed for the littlest thing and players were not able to play lose and confident because they were always waiting for the next JJ explosion

That's actually how I read it too.

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 02:13 PM

BTW..Troy Aikman, Emmit Smith and others said that was how it got to be with Jimmy Johnson..it got to the point players were getting their butt chewed for the littlest thing and players were not able to play lose and confident because they were always waiting for the next JJ explosion Could be. I think once the discipline is applied a few years and a system is engrained then you can allow the looseness to come out and play from memory. you know kind of like a golf swing. Muscle memory and instincts.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Could be. I think once the discipline is applied a few years and a system is engrained then you can allow the looseness to come out and play from memory. you know kind of like a golf swing. Muscle memory and instincts.

Well JJ was in Dallas a few years and the players were starting to more and more resent him...We all know how it works..when i a coach who was a taskmaster is fired teams bring in a "players" coach and vice versa

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Well JJ was in Dallas a few years and the players were starting to more and more resent him...We all know how it works..when i a coach who was a taskmaster is fired teams bring in a "players" coach and vice versa What would you consider Belichek?

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
The biggest prob with coaching in the NFL today is the $$$ factor. Owners and the cap will not allow big $ players to be benched, much less cut. Any good coach who does not have complete control of all aspects of his team is doomed to a short tenure. Belichick is where he and NE are at because he has complete control. Can't you just picture Kraft telling Belichick that he is going to choose between him and Brady, like the situation in TN?

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
What would you consider Belichek?

Both...all the players who play for him say he is CONSISTENT and while a taskmaser also backs his players and dont throw them under the bus at a moment's notice

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Both...all the players who play for him say he is CONSISTENT and while a taskmaser also backs his players and dont throw them under the bus at a moment's notice We need one of those then.:D

Tejastrue
01-04-2011, 03:07 PM

Can't argue with Johnson's results with the Cowboys no matter what and IMO, can you compare Singletary to Johnson as a HC. No reason for me at least, to think they would not have won 4 straight SBs if JJ had stayed. If Singletary had anything close to the same success we wouldn't be having this particular thread.

Farmersfan
01-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Both...all the players who play for him say he is CONSISTENT and while a taskmaser also backs his players and dont throw them under the bus at a moment's notice

this is why I have always like Bill Cowher. He can be tough as nails on a player one minute but as soon as that player does something good he will hug him and slap him on the back. (or even KISS him) :eek: :eek: :eek: A coach can instill discipline and order while still being a players coach.

coach
01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
this is why I have always like Bill Cowher. He can be tough as nails on a player one minute but as soon as that player does something good he will hug him and slap him on the back. (or even KISS him) :eek: :eek: :eek: A coach can instill discipline and order while still being a players coach.

lol he would always kiss his players

lostaussie
01-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Mamby Pamby Land! Need a tissue:D

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Need a tissue:D Jackwagon!:D