PDA

View Full Version : Bay City High School Scare & Should they play basketball tonight

Blackcat1954
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
This is serious situation that came out of Bay City High ISD yesterday.

From the Bay City Tribune
Parents of Bay City ISD students received a message via the School Messenger system Monday afternoon about a threat received by the district over the Christmas holidays.

School is scheduled to be in session Tuesday, but school officials said there will be extra security measures in effect.

The threat is under investigation by school, local and state officials.

The threat was in the form of a handwritten letter full of misspellings and profanity addressed to superintendent Keith Brown and received on Dec. 28.

The letter is supposedly written by the parent of a student who had been hurt by other students who were talking in class.

The writer of the letter said they were terminal and only had 18 months to live.

The writer also threatened the lives of the superintendent’s children.

The writer gave a list of nine “rules” they expect the school to enforce. If the rules are not in place and given to staff, students and parents by Jan.4, the writer threatens to kill “random” students.

Brown said the threat is being taken seriously and all steps possible are being taken to ensure the safety of students and staff.

Letters with more information and the full text of the threatening letter will be sent home with students Tuesday or can be viewed on the district’s website at www.bcblackcats.net.

Anyone with any information about the letter is asked to call Bay City Police Chief Leroy Cunningham at 979-245-1856 or the district’s hotline number at 979-429-6219.

The boys teams has a home basketball game against Brazosport (Freeport tonight)

Should they go on with the game

I'm sure they will have tight security and not many fans

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Ohh, those crazy Madagorda County-ites!

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.bcblackcats.net/education/district/district.php?sectionid=1

Here is the correct link.

What a mess, I hope they get this person quick.

SHSBulldog00
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
They could relocate the game, but since it is not a district game I see them cancelling.

BEAST
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
This is insane. Unfortunatley, the way things are these days, you cant discount this and call it some random letter from a dumb ass. Now youve got every parent in the school system scared to death to send their kid to school or school activities. Much less the concern the students themselves have. I hope they find the person who wrote the letter quickly and deal with them harshly.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I spent 9 months of my life in Matagorda County, America. Unfortunately, this doesn't really shock me. That nuclear plant does strange things to folks.

99IHSMustang
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954

The letter is supposedly written by the parent of a student who had been hurt by other students who were talking in class.

If this much is true then someone is bound to trace down the person that may have wrote the letter. I guess even if they were to have a suspect, they would still need more evidence such as fingerprints or admission of guilt.

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I just got a copy of the letter downloaded. WOW!

BwdLion73
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
If this much is true then someone is bound to trace down the person that may have wrote the letter. I guess even if they were to have a suspect, they would still need more evidence such as fingerprints or admission of guilt.

A handwriting sample should take care of that. ;)

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing that this parent is sure wishing they hadn't written that letter right about now. Probably a lot of men in suits came by the house and asked him----"How would you like not to see your wife and kids for a few years?". Got to follow-up on things like this nowadays---the potential penalty risks are just too great.

Hope and pray this game is played without incident if they go ahead with it.

44INAROW
01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
wow - this person is loco in la cabeza.. (is that spelled right?) Obviously, this person is very familiar with ASD and ISS - **makes me believe that her/his kidd must be a trouble maker and in trouble alot.. Authorities should compile a list of trouble makers (i.e., ASD and ISS regulars) with a parent that didn't complete the 9th grade. That should narrow the list down some. I like the "bleeding heart Liberals" comment. I'd bet my next 2 paychecks the writer of the letter has been collecting benefits, courtesy of those bleeding heart Liberals :doh:

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
with a parent that didn't complete the 9th grade.

That's probably a fairly extensive list :dispntd:

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
There is also the possibility that the author could turn out to be a student(s).

44INAROW
01-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That's probably a fairly extensive list :dispntd:
I'm afraid you are right.. Sad times, indeed :doh: