PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seeing the rumors about some of the Auburn starters

Gsquared
01-04-2011, 08:13 AM
being ineligable for the BCS title game? Grades I think.

jason
01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
official statement from their head coach said that 'everybody made the trip'...

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jason
official statement from their head coach said that 'everybody made the trip'...

Everybody made the trip, but did they find out before everyone boarded the plane?

Gsquared
01-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Thats what im thinking. Sure everybody made the trip but is everybody eligable that made the trip. Kinda makes ya wonder. Hope all 11 defensive starters are able to play. If not, could be a loooonnnngggg night against taht Oregon offense.

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Are ineligible players allowed to travel with the team?

I may be wrong, but I didn't think they were.

In which case, you would think they would have checked 2 or 3 times just to make sure everyone was indeed eligible.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Are ineligible players allowed to travel with the team?

I may be wrong, but I didn't think they were.

In which case, you would think they would have checked 2 or 3 times just to make sure everyone was indeed eligible.

If they are not officially ruled out they have to travel with the team

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If they are not officially ruled out they have to travel with the team

Makes sense.

Could they be going through some kind of appeal process that is postponing their ineligibility?

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Makes sense.

Could they be going through some kind of appeal process that is postponing their ineligibility?

yep that is exactly what the deal would be IF any of them have been ruled out

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't think anything short of a felony charge will keep players out of a NC bowl game. Maybe it should, but it is just not going to happen, IMO---too many $$$$ at stake.

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 10:47 AM
The semester ended 2-3 weeks ago, they would have already know of any ineligible players for a while now.

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
The semester ended 2-3 weeks ago, they would have already know of any ineligible players for a while now.

But grades aren't always posted immediately unless it pertains to graduation, right?

I know when I was in college, it was often the week before or the first week of the spring semester before I knew what my grades were in my fall classes.

coachc45
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
But grades aren't always posted immediately unless it pertains to graduation, right?

I know when I was in college, it was often the week before or the first week of the spring semester before I knew what my grades were in my fall classes.

It might take that long for a student to find out...but the transcript has to be updated at the end of the semester. The people in power at a university knows way before the student.

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Grades have been in for a long time now. In addition, grades are reported on increments to give coaches a heads up throughout the semester. If there is a delay, it is because of an appeals process set for AFTER the Christmas break. Most Administrstors have returned.

WildTexan972
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Auburn is known around the country as one of THE worst programs in the country with regards to compliance, so you can bet if some stars had bad grades, the posting of those grades will be delayed to allow some arm twisting to get em back in line.....

and in 5-6 years Cam will be found to have not been an amateur and all this season will be backed out anyway.....