PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl

Gsquared
01-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Gonna be a dandy! Who ya got, THE Ohio State or Arkansas?

3afan
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
ARK

Gsquared
01-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
ARK
Man I hope so. I hate OSU

Sweetwater Red
01-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared

I was born in Ann Arbor. I hate OSU and I hate sweater vests even more. :mad:

waterboy
01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Oklahoma State? You hate Oklahoma State?:D That's who I think of when I hear "OSU".:D Seriously, I'd like to see Arkansas take it to 'em, and I hope Ryan Mallett has a big game.

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 08:48 AM
What's the Big Ten's bowl record this year?

How many of those have they lost to the SEC?

I'm taking Arkansas.

oldtownag
01-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Oklahoma State? You hate Oklahoma State?:D That's who I think of when I hear "OSU".:D Seriously, I'd like to see Arkansas take it to 'em, and I hope Ryan Mallett has a big game.

To make this 3A related:

Ryan Mallett is no better than the 2nd most accurate passer that Scott Surratt has ever coached! :D

waterboy
01-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
To make this 3A related:

Ryan Mallett is no better than the 2nd most accurate passer that Scott Surratt has ever coached! :D
:D I agree, but the only thing is THE most accurate passer he's ever coached is about 11" shorter and about 50 lbs lighter. Don't think he will be as highly recruited, even with his capability.:(

theville
01-04-2011, 09:20 AM
I hate Ohio State.

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 09:28 AM
I hope OSU gets beat severely so that Chris Del Conte can tell Gordon Gee to go #@$% himself :D

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
.....and tell him his bow-tie HOOVERS.....

http://sandpaperhandjob.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/gordon_gee.jpg

....and tell him he has big ears and should keep his mouth shut :D :D

Maroon87
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

One of my co-workers is an OSU grad, and today he's wearing a red Buckeye sweater vest.

He even looks like Tressel.:doh:

PHOP
01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

My condolences – Michigan has turned into a D2 team at best - you have every reason to be embarrassed for what your team has become.

Those of you that hate the buckeyes – pure jealousy – One of the finest programs in the country.

Yoe_09
01-04-2011, 01:58 PM
This was the toughest BCS Bowl game to pick for me.....but I think I will take Arkansas.

Pick6
01-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by PHOP

Those of you that hate the buckeyes – pure jealousy – One of the finest programs in the country.

and here comes the jealousy card :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 02:35 PM

+1. Worst combo in the world is OSU winning and Musberger telling us about the Buckeyes....

"I was there when this young man was born. You could see the Buckeyes in his eyes as he lay there wrapped in that Red and Gray newborn Buckeye blanket. Yessir folks, I'm telling you I knew this outstanding young man was destined for Columbus."

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
+1. Worst combo in the world is OSU winning and Musberger telling us about the Buckeyes....

"I was there when this young man was born. You could see the Buckeyes in his eyes as he lay there wrapped in that Red and Gray newborn Buckeye blanket. Yessir folks, I'm telling you I knew this outstanding young man was destined for Columbus."

Sure hope the Hogs win....

hollywood
01-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Hogs by 14

MoveInDad
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Go Hogs... would that make it a clean sweep of the Big 10?

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Go Hogs... would that make it a clean sweep of the Big 10? Illini beat Baylor

Original68
01-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
My condolences – Michigan has turned into a D2 team at best - you have every reason to be embarrassed for what your team has become.

Love it!! Hope they don't fire Rich Rod so we can dominate them year after year!

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM

"I was there when this young man was born. You could see the Buckeyes in his eyes as he lay there wrapped in that Red and Gray newborn Buckeye blanket. Yessir folks, I'm telling you I knew this outstanding young man was destined for Columbus." That is spot on! Funny as "schtuff"

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Last night the announcer said something to the effect of "giving him the business".

I almost fell out of my chair laughing and had to show my wife and friends this :D :D :D

Giving him the business (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw)

Phil C
01-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Final: Ohio State 31 Arkansas 26. An exciting game but Hogs blew it on that blocked kick in the last minute because after the kick was blocked instead of picking up the ball with no defenders around and running it into the end zone for the go ahead touchdown they just fell on the ball and put it in the hands of their offense - big mistake.

So Ohio State wins the Tattoo ur uh Sugar Bowl.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Final: Ohio State 31 Arkansas 26. An exciting game but Hogs blew it on that blocked kick in the last minute because after the kick was blocked instead of picking up the ball with no defenders around and running it into the end zone for the go ahead touchdown they just fell on the ball and put it in the hands of their offense - big mistake.

So Ohio State wins the Tattoo ur uh Sugar Bowl.

Imagine the TATS they will be able to get with all that SUgar Bowl stuff now.:D

Bullaholic
01-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Mallett can throw, but he stikes me as very immature and petulant. In the hands of the right NFL QB mentor, he might come of age, but I think there is a risk factor here.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Mallett can throw, but he stikes me as very immature and petulant. In the hands of the right NFL QB mentor, he might come of age, but I think there is a risk factor here.

I believe the description you are looking for is that he has some Ryan Leaf type characteristics:D

Bullaholic
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
I believe the description you are looking for is that he has some Ryan Leaf type characteristics:D

I didn't think so before the game lastnight, but after, I just don't know....the signs are definitely there.

Black Swarm
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Wins
Illinois
Iowa
Ohio State

Losses
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Northwestern

No Bowl
Indiana
Purdue
Minnesota

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Ohio State might have won, but Arkansas definitely had the better looking uniform.;) :D