PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

hawkfan
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Or does the Orange Bowl not evenlook 3/4 full? I wonder what the deal is.

turbostud
01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Because they are playing at ProPlayer Stadium(or whatever it's called now). When I lived in Miami, I saw Syracuse vs. Fla at the old Orange Bowl and it was your typical college game at a college stadium. Packed stadium, Great atmosphere.
Next year I saw Alabama vs. Michigan at ProPlayer and it was like watching a JV game.

GreenMonster
01-04-2011, 02:52 AM
I have to admit, the newer facilities suck for this bowl game. I believe the old Orange Bowl was actually condemned though and it was going to cost a fortune just to get it up to code so they knocked her down and sold her for scrap. :( Then I found out during tonight's game that the old location will be the new home of the Marlins and that a stadium was already in the process of being built. It just isn't the same. The Orange Bowl hosted so many memorable games from Super Bowls, Dolphins games, Bowl games, and the start of the "U". I can remember being a kid and watching Flutie's prayer answered in the Orange Bowl against Bernie Kosar's Hurricanes. ESPN's 30 for 30 on the University of Miami program's rise to power was quite awesome. All of the game footage from the old Orange Bowl was great.