PDA

View Full Version : Stanford Band not allowed to perform at Orange Bowl

Bull Butter
01-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Apparently, the Orange Bowl folks don't want them poking fun at LeBron

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Stanford-band-banned-from-halftime-of-Orange-Bowl.html

Bull Butter
01-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Tonight's show was to be one entitled "Recent Events in the Pro Sports World in Miami"

Tejastrue
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Looks like they're having some fun and enjoy what they do. The rest of the NCAA world needs to lighten up. :thumbsup: :clap:

shamu85
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Very similar to the Marching Owl Band (MOB). I can remember back in 1980 when Baylor had lost only one game all year and it was to San Jose St. When they played Rice in like the next to last game of the year, the MOB did a tribute to Baylor and played "Do You Know the Way to San Jose" during halftime. They have also done tributes to A&M with a swirling toilet formation.

NastySlot
01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
Very similar to the Marching Owl Band (MOB). I can remember back in 1980 when Baylor had lost only one game all year and it was to San Jose St. When they played Rice in like the next to last game of the year, the MOB did a tribute to Baylor and played "Do You Know the Way to San Jose" during halftime. They have also done tributes to A&M with a swirling toilet formation.

they also did one paying tribute to Todd Graham after he left....Graham and Tulsa were both pretty offended by it think it made reference to Satan.

When I was at A&M during the halftime of one of the aggie/owl games.....Arkansas was bailing from the SWC...they made fun of Arkansas..........will always remember the announcer saying "and with the departure of the University of Arkansas the avg . gpa of two conferences was raised.

Lucky2Coach
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
they also did one paying tribute to Todd Graham after he left....Graham and Tulsa were both pretty offended by it think it made reference to Satan.

When I was at A&M during the halftime of one of the aggie/owl games.....Arkansas was bailing from the SWC...they made fun of Arkansas..........will always remember the announcer saying "and with the departure of the University of Arkansas the avg . gpa of two conferences was raised.

Yes. They did Dante's Inferno and the Seven levels of Hell featuring Todd Graham as Satan. The closing remarks of the show were "Todd Graham you are a Douchebag!"...Classic!

Bullaholic
01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
I remember reading a few years ago that the Stanford band got banned from performances for the rest of a season because they came out and performed "The Flying Phallic Symbol" formation, which was anatomically correct.

NastySlot
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I remember reading a few years ago that the Stanford band got banned from performances for the rest of a season because they came out and performed "The Flying Phallic Symbol" formation, which was anatomically correct.

I read where they are banned from performing in the state of Oregon and on the Notre Dame campus........don't know what they did in Oregon...but supposedly the ND incident was about a crucifix .

oh yeah....talking about the Stanford band...not the MOB.

Third
01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I read that they weren't banned from performing but rather the Orange Bowl always has recording artists play during halftime of the game. The Goo-Goo Dolls played this year. The Stanford band played during pre-game.

tog
01-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I would rather have seen the stanford band

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 03:57 PM
From Yahoo.com

Correction: Orange Bowl did not ban Stanford Band from halftime (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Orange-Bowl-bans-the-Stanford-Band-for-LeBron-J?urn=ncaaf-303032)

RoyceTTU
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

After reading what all these folks have done, I might actually be interested in watching the band. Typically halftime is just for m&G and a quick trip to the RR. :D

lostaussie
01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

After reading what all these folks have done, I might actually be interested in watching the band. Typically halftime is just for m&G and a quick trip to the RR. :D why do you go to the Railroad at halftime?:thinking:

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
why do you go to the Railroad at halftime?:thinking:

Yeah, that's weird.

coach
01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
why do you go to the Railroad at halftime?:thinking:

for a quickie...duh

poisoned10
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM