PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Job Open

rancher
01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Just spoke with a friend on the Bellville School Board, he told me that the Bellville head coach/ad job will soon be announced as being open and taking applications.

bobcat04
01-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Rumors are flying around about Austin County coaches. Be interesting to see what happens. I dont know if Bellville has given new guy enough time but that's the business.

MJMbrahmas10
01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
This is shocking!!! I'm goin to start contacting some inside sources

MJMbrahmas10
01-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Got a text. Foster resigned today

zebrablue2
01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Got a text. Foster resigned today

I wish coach Foster nothing but good things in the future.. He did his best with a down program. He is a darn good football coach, and a great person...

MJMbrahmas10
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Couldn't have set it better.

Bull's-eye
01-04-2011, 01:37 AM
I wish Coach Foster only the best, but I wasn't very happy with his 2 seasons as Bellville's head coach. His first team was loaded with talent, that team struggled to go 6-4 and didn't even make the playoffs. This past season, the team was not prepared & too basic for this level of football. Most teams are using some form of the spread formation, taking advantage of 7 on 7 football. Bellville appeared to be using a Jr. High playbook on the offensive side of the ball. These past 2 years have also shown a dramatic decrease in scoring. I do feel that Coach Foster is an outstanding defensive coach and should make a fine defensive coordinator. Bellville does have a promising group of upcoming football players, I do hope they can get a coach that will be able to get Bellville back to its winning ways & challenge for that elusive state championship.

XMan
01-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Could be a good time to find an AD who supports all sports fairly.

hookandladder
01-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I wish Coach Foster only the best, but I wasn't very happy with his 2 seasons as Bellville's head coach. His first team was loaded with talent, that team struggled to go 6-4 and didn't even make the playoffs. This past season, the team was not prepared & too basic for this level of football. Most teams are using some form of the spread formation, taking advantage of 7 on 7 football. Bellville appeared to be using a Jr. High playbook on the offensive side of the ball. These past 2 years have also shown a dramatic decrease in scoring. I do feel that Coach Foster is an outstanding defensive coach and should make a fine defensive coordinator. Bellville does have a promising group of upcoming football players, I do hope they can get a coach that will be able to get Bellville back to its winning ways & challenge for that elusive state championship.

I have always had the upmost respect for Bellville coaches and players, after playing Bellville in football this year I would have to agree with Zebra. The talent level is definitely down in Bellville and not only in football, baseball talent is also down. Coach Cerney will still find a way in baseball to be succesful because of his great coaching ability however in football no matter who ends up coaching you still need talent and Bellville talent is down. In a matter of time , that will change. Good Luck to Coach Foster as well.

Lucky2Coach
01-04-2011, 09:46 AM
This is going to be a good job! They have lots of tradition and community support, and their lower levels have some really good talent.

NastySlot
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM

can you give the scores of the last two seasons............or tell me where to find them?

44INAROW
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
can you give the scores of the last two seasons............or tell me where to find them?
27-Aug @Caldwell L 26-0
03-Sep Lockhart W 21-7
10-Sep @Cuero L 28-8
17-Sep Sweeny L 34-9
24-Sep Needville L 14-7
01-Oct @La Grange L 30-15
08-Oct @Columbus* L 45-8
22-Oct Sealy* L 34-8
29-Oct @Royal* L 34-0
05-Nov Stafford* W 14-0

Link to 2009 (and prior) below
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1283967#post1283967

Bull's-eye
01-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I agree that this past season Bellville had a drop off in talent, but that's the same group of kids that had recently dominated sub-varsity football. What concerned me the most was the 2009 team, a team coming off a long playoff run (R4 finalist) and returning plenty of talent. That team struggled to go 6-4 and missed the playoffs. After two years of underachieving teams, I can see why Bellville wanted to go in a new direction. Bellville has a freshman class that appears to be very good, this will give the new staff a chance to install their system. This should be a great coaching opportunity, much like two seasons ago.

hookandladder
01-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree that this past season Bellville had a drop off in talent, but that's the same group of kids that had recently dominated sub-varsity football. What concerned me the most was the 2009 team, a team coming off a long playoff run (R4 finalist) and returning plenty of talent. That team struggled to go 6-4 and missed the playoffs. After two years of underachieving teams, I can see why Bellville wanted to go in a new direction. Bellville has a freshman class that appears to be very good, this will give the new staff a chance to install their system. This should be a great coaching opportunity, much like two seasons ago.

In 2009 our District was loaded with solid teams, we were able to pull out a W in Bellville and beat you guy's out. Most of Bellville's loses in 09 were in District, which was loaded. Your freshman may have some talent however one class does not help you at the Varsity level, you have to have at least 2 talented class and 3 to be really strong. Just my 2 cents.

Bull's-eye
01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
In 2009 our District was loaded with solid teams, we were able to pull out a W in Bellville and beat you guy's out. Most of Bellville's loses in 09 were in District, which was loaded. Your freshman may have some talent however one class does not help you at the Varsity level, you have to have at least 2 talented class and 3 to be really strong. Just my 2 cents.

I remember that game quite well, field conditions were terrible. Bellville kept trying to run wide, even though their backs were slipping on about every play. I credit the LG oach for scaling down his offense & running the QB more out of a direct snap.

Bellville has had class after class of undefeated teams, but the word out of Bellville is this freshman class is special. They dominated their past season and 3 of their top players were starting on varsity.

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I hope whoever they hire completely does away with winter and spring sports. Football and volleyball in the fall, offseason in the winter and spring.

FbCoachB40
01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I hope whoever they hire completely does away with winter and spring sports. Football and volleyball in the fall, offseason in the winter and spring.

I lOVE it!! HA HA.

take that XMan!! LOL

hookandladder
01-04-2011, 04:26 PM

If they did that , they would lose their best coach on staff. They should make him their AD( Cerney) and hire a football coach only, program would get right back on track.

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
As long as he can at least coach freshmen FB and spot bench press in the offseason, he'll have a spot on the staff. ;)

NastySlot
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I remember that game quite well, field conditions were terrible. Bellville kept trying to run wide, even though their backs were slipping on about every play. I credit the LG oach for scaling down his offense & running the QB more out of a direct snap.

Bellville has had class after class of undefeated teams, but the word out of Bellville is this freshman class is special. They dominated their past season and 3 of their top players were starting on varsity.

three freshmen starting on varsity....how many sophs?

Ernest T Bass
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
They say every sophomore on varsity=one loss. Not sure about freshmen.

Bull's-eye
01-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
three freshmen starting on varsity....how many sophs?

About 4-5 started at some point during the year. The QB, FB, DE, DB & TE.

GiddingsFan
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Any chance someone is coming back to town to coach again from E. TX?

MJMbrahmas10
01-04-2011, 07:56 PM
I doubt that. Bit that would be the best thing that ever could happen

rancher
01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
My guess is the next head coach will come from the Prosper area. After all the Supt. was AD there.

Red Bull
01-05-2011, 09:03 AM
As Bum Phillips said, "There are two types of coaches. Those that have been fired and those that will be fired.". It is just part of the business in high school, college and pros these days. It is a results business and in Bellville the results were just not good the last two years.

I don't wish for anyone to loose their job and source of income, especially with today's Texas school system issues, but it was time for a change. For some reason the last two years were a mess under Foster's direction. In 2009, the team returned a ton of talent from a region finals team. That team struggled to go 6-4 and not make the playoffs. That team just never got it going in Foster's first year. In year two, things were just a total mess. Yes the talent was down, but I have never seen a seaon like this and I have been going to Bellville games for over 40 years.

This is a great job with great possibilities. We have seen that under Coach Parker's direction in the 70's and coach Chancellor's direction in the 90's and beyond. Bellville always has had talent and kids that will work and play hard. They just need someone to come in and put it all together. This is a critical hire with all the talent Bellville has coming up. Let's hope the search comittee, whomever that may all be, gets it right this time.

OLE'BULL
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I have mixed feeling on this. I am also curious as to what led up to this?

Bull's-eye
01-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Good post Red Bull. Yes, this will be a critical hire. The new staff will probably have to install a new offense & defense. Our stack 3 defense wasn't that bad, but I don't know of too many coaches that run that defense. The good thing is that the new staff will have enough time before our strong freshman class becomes seniors.

MJMbrahmas10
01-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Heard there might have been tension between foster and the new supernendident

Red Bull
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Who do you think some of the candiates will be? Ones with ties to Bellville or does super go back to Prosper connections for coach?

FBB, You are always in the know - what you say?

Rancher, Maybe KC will come back from Longview Pinetree.

Bulls Eye, Maybe you and I can coach. You still got that book?

bigcat8
01-05-2011, 02:07 PM
The New supt has a bunch of ties in the coaching business. He supports athletics and wants every department to be successful. Some of his oldest ties are to Killeen and TLC guys who he played ball with in college. Like the SA Marshall DC, the OC at Cypress creek, AD/HC at Gonzales, DC at El Campo, and HC at Goliad, just to name a few. He has been associated with some good programs, including his own... He will do what is best for Bellville and their athletic Department...

Bull's-eye
01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Who do you think some of the candiates will be? Ones with ties to Bellville or does super go back to Prosper connections for coach?

Bulls Eye, Maybe you and I can coach. You still got that book?

We don't need that book. :D

BrahmaMom
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
This came as a shock to me, despite the down season. I predicted last year that this year was going to be ugly. Foster tried the leadership seminar thing last spring, had great participation this summer, just not a lot of talent. Can't say the staff was uber-enthusiastic, which bothered me. I don't know much about offense, so won't critique play-calling, etc. And I don't have the inside details, so I won't armchair QB the admin. part of it. I do know that I have a great deal of respect for Coach Foster, he was good to my sons, and I wish him and his family the very best. From a Mom-side, I am glad all my sons have finished with Bellville athletics--the changes are too hard on me. I hope our football program returns to its previous level, as it was a thrill to experience. That will take talented coaches, players, and determination, dedication, TEAMWORK, blood, sweat and tears from all parties. Godspeed to the Fosters and GO BULLS!

sandbagger
01-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Shane Mobley, former DC at prosper, current asst. HC at seguin. The best high school football coach to walk the face of the earth.

Red Bull
01-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Sandbagger,

This may make sense. I heard through rumor mill that some asst. coach that was at LaGrange and now Seguin was maybe coming to be asst. at Bellville. It didn't make since last week when I heard it, but now maybe it does. The HC at Seguin is from La Grange. Who knows.

If this Shane Mobley is a great coach and even better person, then bring him on!

rancher
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Just spoke with my friend on the Bellville School Board, he informed me that they will be teacher layoffs this year at Bellville due to budget cuts. He said he is unsure of how this is going to play into the search for a new AD/Head Coach. He related that this is going to affect every school in the state.

Football DAD
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Coach Foster always seemed to be up beat and had a postive attitude. Something had to change. Everyone keeps talking about talent. We had the biggest line in our district, did we run the ball between the tackles. We had no passing game, we had tall quick TE, what happen to quick slants or hit the backs in the flats. I wish Coach Foster the best and his family.

hookandladder
01-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Sandbagger,

This may make sense. I heard through rumor mill that some asst. coach that was at LaGrange and now Seguin was maybe coming to be asst. at Bellville. It didn't make since last week when I heard it, but now maybe it does. The HC at Seguin is from La Grange. Who knows.

If this Shane Mobley is a great coach and even better person, then bring him on!

Be interesting who the asst. from Sequin is coming to Bellville, rumor has it that the Sequin AD/HC ( Coach Walker) is stepping down. Pretty sure he is interested in the Ennis job however from what posters are saying on the OC is that he does not have a shot at the Ennis job.

TRENCHES06
01-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Wow. Lots of misinformation.

The coach who left for 2 days to Houston Dobie was the GIDDINGS coach. NOT, LG. People just make crap up I guess.

and nobody is stepping down.

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
<sigh> Ok, here goes:
The Seguin asst. is Shane Mosley, DC/Asst. HC. He was the DC for Prosper's state championship team. Don't know if he's interested in this job, but that's who everyone is talking about. He never coached LG.
Coach Walker coached at LG and is now HC at Seguin. He's not coming back to Ennis.
Gidding's Coach Fitzhenry was offered the Pasadena Dobe job last year, he thought about it, and turned it down.

rancher
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
A first time DWI is nothing, I know police officers who have gotten them. They give you a under the table deal, and a slap on the hand for first timers. It does not take but about two or three beers and you are under the influence. How many have never had a drink before or during dinner and then drove home? Hell, even King Huey had his problems after having a few beers at a scrimmage and life went on.

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 09:40 AM
A first time DWI will disqualify you from alot of teaching/coaching jobs. Know several who's careers have ended for those 2 or 3 beers.

FbCoachB40
01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by rancher
A first time DWI is nothing, I know police officers who have gotten them. They give you a under the table deal, and a slap on the hand for first timers. It does not take but about two or three beers and you are under the influence. How many have never had a drink before or during dinner and then drove home? Hell, even King Huey had his problems after having a few beers at a scrimmage and life went on.

Huey's was not a scrimmage (unless there was another incident). His was with the Rice Cons. coaches at a week five game between Navasota & Wharton in Wharton. What a mess that turned out to be for the RC coaching staff.

rancher
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
All I can say, they should file on their attorney with the Texas State Bar for malfeasance. Unless you have a FINAL conviction, it cannot hurt you. A first time DWI is looked at by most county courts as lets make a deal, fine and probation period. Hell it is bad enough how much the State will charge you with a surcharge.

REMEMBER EVEN PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH HAD A DWI AND IT DID NOT DISQUALIFY HIM FROM BEING PRESIDENT OR GOVERNOR OF TEXAS. His Vice President had two of them.

TexState86
01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
If they did that , they would lose their best coach on staff. They should make him their AD( Cerney) and hire a football coach only, program would get right back on track.

He's not bad at coaching football as well. Check is record with the Freshman football team year after year.

rancher
01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
They could hire Stephen Cerney from Shiner, he won a state championship in 04 and been to the playoffs several years. This would make a great brother comb. Stephen Cerney was a finalist along with Jimmy Mitchell for the Sealy job.

ASURugger
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
So did Foster get a DWI?

TexState86
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
They could hire Stephen Cerney from Shiner, he won a state championship in 04 and been to the playoffs several years. This would make a great brother comb.

And bring his brother Melvin Cerny out of retirement. Those three together and they would probably when baseball championships like they do their in Bellville with vollyball.

rancher
01-06-2011, 12:54 PM
No, the coach from Gonzales did.

Red Bull
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
S. Cerny was a candidate interviewed when Foster was hired. I think he would be a great choice for Bellville, but I know they have a lot of ties to Shiner area that may prevent him from moving on as I think it did last time two years ago.

I would have to think the candidate list would be pretty impressive for Bellville job. Let's hope the search / hiring committe (whomever that may all be) does their homework and hires the BEST candidate for the job. Short-term and Long-term.

Lombardi
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
the cerny boys are good at what they do

Ernest T Bass
01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
This will be a highly sought after job. Look for lots of state champion 4a and 5a coordinators to put in for this one.

hookandladder
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Wow. Lots of misinformation.

The coach who left for 2 days to Houston Dobie was the GIDDINGS coach. NOT, LG. People just make crap up I guess.

and nobody is stepping down.

That's good to hear no one is stepping down, would be hard on the asst.coaches. Word was after he visited school here in LG that he was looking to get out, must have changed his mind. Was the same situation at LG after his first year, from what one of his former coaches told me and is the reason he got out of coaching.

XMan
01-06-2011, 05:53 PM
How do you "when" in baseball? And, in Bellville, do they really win vball state championships over "their". Hilarious. Mr. Fuller would have chewed you up and spit you out back in the day.

jykoy
01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by XMan
How do you "when" in baseball? And, in Bellville, do they really win vball state championships over "their". Hilarious. Mr. Fuller would have chewed you up and spit you out back in the day.

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/081005/grammar-police-arrest-this-man.gif

zebrablue2
01-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
the cerny boys are good at what they do

I have always said the Astros should hire those 3 bros! They would bring a world series championship to Houston! They be good!!!!

NewSherriff
01-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Wonder if Travis Reeve (former Cuero OC) put in for this one. I heard those folks from Bellville wanted him a couple of years ago.

Blue42
01-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by NewSherriff
Wonder if Travis Reeve (former Cuero OC) put in for this one. I heard those folks from Bellville wanted him a couple of years ago.
No if we can’t have him then no other 3A school can have him….

LeonJr
01-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I have a New Coaches Forum that's pretty good. If your a coach and are interested PM me. I respect the 3ADownlows rules and will not post the site in the forum.

rancher
01-07-2011, 02:19 PM
When is the closing date for applications?

OLE'BULL
01-07-2011, 02:22 PM
My Top 4: (Though I am a "homer" and think we need someone who understands the program)

1)Chancellor
2)Kirk Collier (OC under Chancellor at Bellville and now w/ him at Longview PT, led a high powered offense when he was here)
3)Roy Golan ;)
4)Either Cerny

rancher
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Didnt see much of an offense when Collier was here his last year with Foster. I like the ideal of Cerny Ball.

OLE'BULL
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Didnt see much of an offense when Collier was here his last year with Foster. I like the ideal of Cerny Ball.

The two didn't get along, part of the reason he left. I am sure he didn't have as much free reign with Foster. He more than likely wanted to switch things up (which he did) and Collier didn't like it. Collier has had his own offensive playbook since he arrived at Bellville (I have seen it). The guy is an offensive genius, someone just has to cut him loose...

rancher
01-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I thought that Huey called the plays. I knew after the Livingston game in Foster's first year that the ship had run aground.

XMan
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Let me tell ya a little secret.....Golan is retired into big money business of fence building. Yes, its sad but its true.

BrahmaMom
01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
rancher, Are you throwing your hat in the ring? Ole' Bull, your list is almost the same as mine. I would have added Jamie Valentine to my wish list. Oh, for the good old days of BrahmaBall...When the coaches coached with passion and the players were above and beyond dedicated and executed brilliantly, without penalties and played as a team. Oh, and forced fumbles and had more than a few interceptions...Bring it back...I would be ok w/ running the Jess Koy play if we had an offense that could do it with excellence. And a defense that scared the h*** out of the other team...just dreaming for now. Let's start preparing now, Brahmas!

rancher
01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Passion has been lacking. It seems to me that player passion went out the door when that stupid blow up helmet was bought. The team played with more passion when they went down the victory lines with fans patting them on the back and getting them fired up. Want passion back, get rid of that stupid blow up helmet and let the fans get back involved with those long victory lines instead of sittting on their hands in the stands. I just hope that my tax dollars did not pay for that helment, then I would be upset. Why do we need to copy every other team, like keeping up with the Jones, put that money into weight equipment. That will do more good than anything.

YTBulldogs
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Passion has been lacking. It seems to me that player passion went out the door when that stupid blow up helmet was bought. The team played with more passion when they went down the victory lines with fans patting them on the back and getting them fired up. Want passion back, get rid of that stupid blow up helmet and let the fans get back involved with those long victory lines instead of sittting on their hands in the stands. I just hope that my tax dollars did not pay for that helment, then I would be upset. Why do we need to copy every other team, like keeping up with the Jones, put that money into weight equipment. That will do more good than anything.

ROTFL at a blow up helmet being the cause of a bad season. That's a first. Shoot it next time they inflate it rancher.:p

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
ROTFL at a blow up helmet being the cause of a bad season. That's a first. Shoot it next time they inflate it rancher.:p

you missed the point...

YTBulldogs
01-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
you missed the point...

O, ok---the blow-up biggie-sized helmet caused a lack of passion by the players. My bad. Still not buying that.:)

Bull's-eye
01-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Get rid of the blow up helmet? That was the only thing worth watching this past season. Who could forget the drama in Cuero or the fog bowl in Brookshire. :D

Seriously, the helmet has nothing to do with their 2-8 record. It may not mean a lot to most people, but I know younger players dream of the day they can run through the helmet & the smoke.

Football DAD
01-08-2011, 07:22 PM
That football helment wasn't the problem!!

Crow22
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM

Damn, we just bought a blow up helmet for next year. I guess we better return it. Don't wanna screw up the passion of our kids.

Johnny Utah
01-09-2011, 09:57 AM
The super will hire one of his boys. Cooker was at Caldwell at one time as well if I am not mistaken . Ole bull, no way on collier! That is funny! Lots of great coaches will apply, hope they make the right hire.

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 11:34 AM
What about inflatable tunnels? Do those hurt the teams' passion too? Or is it just helmets?

YTBulldogs
01-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Just helmets. Tunnels, you can see the light at the end of.

BrahmaMom
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
As one who was part of the revival of the Spirit Line for the Brahmas this year, it didn't seem to change the outcome of the games, sorry to say. However, some of the former Brahmas probably wish THEY had gotten to run thru such a helmet, though they did love running thru the sign. I remember Huey and staff running BEHIND the players in past years; this year the coaches kinda moseyed far behind and to the side. If you want passion, it starts at the top...just saying. I hope next year's staff shows the passion, cuz football is a game of emotion. Go Bulls!

Ernest T Bass
01-09-2011, 05:57 PM
If you want passion, you have to win. Hard to be passionate about losing. All that "hyped up" crap only lasts until kickoff. Success breeds passion, not the other way around.

Football DAD
01-09-2011, 06:46 PM
There we go with this gender stuff. Football is Football. Volleyball is Volleyball.

Tejastrue
01-09-2011, 08:12 PM
If you want passion, you have to win. Hard to be passionate about losing. All that "hyped up" crap only lasts until kickoff. Success breeds passion, not the other way around.

Passion: a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept

You can have a desire to win or "passion" for the game and still not be successful. I believe it to be a key part however of any successful coach and program. That driving force that gets you up in the wee hours of the morning and keeps you awake late into the night. If you don't have a passion for the game, coaches or players, then maybe it's time to move on to something else. Just my opinion. :thinking:

BrahmaMom
01-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I consider a passion for football to be more than a strong desire. I consider it crazy driven to do whatever it takes. IMO.

Tejastrue
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I consider a passion for football to be more than a strong desire. I consider it crazy driven to do whatever it takes. IMO.

Believe that would be an obsession.

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Talking about from the kids. You can call it whatever you want, but we all know what is being talked about here. Passion, hype, krunk, excitment, etc...it's all the same. People wanna see the kids the excited before, during, and after the game. That comes from success.

Tejastrue
01-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Talking about from the kids. You can call it whatever you want, but we all know what is being talked about here. Passion, hype, krunk, excitment, etc...it's all the same. People wanna see the kids the excited before, during, and after the game. That comes from success.

It's not always just about winning. This may be beyond your understanding. :rolleyes:

tailingred
01-10-2011, 09:06 AM
OK - back to the question at hand. What's the word? What names are we looking at as front-runners for this jewel?

teetle
01-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Bulls nots sos goods lasts years either.Theys was supposes to bes the bestes ever. I believes that Colliers was O.C. Sealy gonna bes looking to. Jimmie bes looking to. Nextes years wills bes interesting.:D :eek: :D :eek:

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
It's not always just about winning. This may be beyond your understanding. :rolleyes:

Of course it's not. But, if you wanna see the kids excited, then it is. Kids don't get excited about losing. Coaches can whoop and holler and rah rah all day long, but when you're looking at 0-4, the kids are gonna start dragging. Especially in a place like Bellville(or Wimberley) where they're used to success.

BrahmaMom
01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Okay, passion, obsession, it is what it is in Bellville. I am passionately obsessed with football. Nothing wrong with a little enthusiasm. I am now anxious for the Brahmas to move on to the next phase...Teetles, if Bellville was supposed to be good this last year, that is the first I've heard of it. We just didn't have the talent...that is not an excuse for no passion, though...

bobcat1
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Bulls nots sos goods lasts years either.Theys was supposes to bes the bestes ever. I believes that Colliers was O.C. Sealy gonna bes looking to. Jimmie bes looking to. Nextes years wills bes interesting.:D :eek: :D :eek: :confused: :nerd: :thinking:

teetle
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I means whens was Fosters firstes year. Don'ts tells me that Bellville dints have any talent.:D :eek: :eek: :D

BrahmaMom
01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
My mistake, teetle, I misunderstood your statement at first read. Yes, we had talent Foster's first season, but even less teamwork and leadership than we had this past season. It takes more than any one characteristic to have a winning, championship team.

OLE'BULL
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes I know Golan is building fence wishful thinking. As far as Collier not being fit for the job, I disagree. He has the CEO mentality necessary to be an AD/head coach. He carries a swagger about him, not to mention he knows football, as well as talent. I know, I played under him. He was around when we were winning under Chancellor and at least deserves an interview. Just my 2 cents. But since everyone else apparently played under him, y'all can form your own opinion.

Football DAD
01-10-2011, 09:06 PM
If you want to talk about doing anything it takes for football, look south of us at Sealy?

Football DAD
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Talent, I hear this word over and over. This past team had some talent. Like I said, before we had the biggest line in our district. We couldn't couldn't run the ball. Maybe it was the style offense that we ran. Maybe some changes should have been made there. An for those of you that thought our defense was so great. It wasn't!! When your Strong Safety leads in tackles, its not.

rancher
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Collier needs to stay with Huey, if he is able to stay another year before he is asked to resign. Collier had his chance and that offense did nothing but watch LaGrange, Sealy and Giddings go to the playoffs. Too much talent that year for there to be such a lack of coaching effort.

OLE'BULL
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
This past team had some talent, not very much. With a high school O line, it's not always about size. The best player, or one of the top "talents" was hurt half of the season. Alot of young guys with little experience. I am just saying Collier needs a shot. He understands the program and the tradition, we need someone who will embrace it and respect it. He will not accept a 2-8 season, he has the juevos to bench kids that aren't producing. I think we would be pleasantly surprised

OLE'BULL
01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Also, effort has never been an issue with any coaches on any of the past staffs. These guys sacrifice half a year of their lives with their families for our program so question effort might be a low blow

hookandladder
01-11-2011, 07:24 AM
I would be willing to bet Collier will be a good HC some day however I am very happy we have went in a new direction on our last 2 hires. There is something about bring in fresh faces and new direction, yes it can workout both ways but that is the chances you take. Bellville I feel needs some new blood, I hate to say it however Bellville and Smithville seemed like they both played with the same fire. Like they had already knew what the outcome was going to be, just my 2 cents.

rancher
01-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I agree, new blood is needed for the program. From my understanding, the hire of Foster was due to Huey leaving so late in the year. According to my source on the school board, Huey recommended Foster to the Supt. John Connley to keep continuity in the program.

rancher
01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Has anyone seen postings for the Bellville job? Would love to find some links on it. Would love to know how many apply for this job.

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Y'all ever think maybe Huey left when he did for a reason? It looked like he was leaving a lot on the table, but maybe he knew something we didnt? Jobs like Pine Tree aren't hard to come by if you've had a little success as a HC.

MJMbrahmas10
01-11-2011, 10:30 AM
He left cause all his daughters had graduated

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 10:40 AM
He left cause all his daughters had graduated

So he left was appeared to be a great team in an established program to go to quite possibly the worst football program in Texas? Then, suddenly that great team and established program plummets?
Like I said, maybe he saw something on the horizion that no one else did.

rancher
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
My understanding he left for family reasons and got more money for the gig at Pine Tree. If he is looking to retire in the future, he would need this to boost his retirement pay. My understanding of the Teachers Retirement System, the best 3 years are used.

OLE'BULL
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
My understanding he left for family reasons and got more money for the gig at Pine Tree. If he is looking to retire in the future, he would need this to boost his retirement pay. My understanding of the Teachers Retirement System, the best 3 years are used.

That is correct. Not to mention he more than likely saw the talent dropping off for a few years

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 10:56 AM

That may all be true, but he may have also seen this meltdown coming. For someone with is resume, jobs like Pine Tree aren't hard to come by, and Bellville looked primed for a SC run the year he left.
I dunno, just thinkin' outloud.

MJMbrahmas10
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
He planned to leave after his last daughter graduated then some things and up and she ended up graduating a year early so he left a year early

rancher
01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FAMILY. Opinions and speculation are like the anal sphincter, everyone has one.

OLE'BULL
01-11-2011, 11:08 AM
He had solid reasons to leave, details aren't neccessary. He was the greatest thing to happen to the Bellville program in recent years. I just think bringing in a guy that was with him during that time would be a good idea. Everyone has their opinions (fresh face, old face, etc.), maybe my loyalty to the program is putting blinders on me, but those guys are the reason Bellville football is even talked about...

rancher
01-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree, Huey made the program. What stood out to me was the number of students who participated in the program. He also made sure that every one played at somepoint during the games. I look now how the numbers have gone down.

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Its that damned inflatable helmet!

OLE'BULL
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree, Huey made the program. What stood out to me was the number of students who participated in the program. He also made sure that every one played at somepoint during the games. I look now how the numbers have gone down.

How many were on the roster the year? Wasn't it low 40's? Chancellor would have 60+ wouldn't he?

rancher
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
For all those that want to apply the application deadline is January 24th.

Bull's-eye
01-11-2011, 01:59 PM
That may all be true, but he may have also seen this meltdown coming. I dunno, just thinkin' outloud.

He left a team that went to the R4 finals, that team returned 25 lettermen & 12 starters for the following season. I believe 5 players were considered D1 prospects.

IMO, one of the main reasons Bellville kept the job in house was because of all the talent returning. A new coach would probably bring in his own offense/defense and make changes. Most people felt that it was better not to change things and allow the the former assistants to run the team.

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
He left a team that went to the R4 finals, that team returned 25 lettermen & 12 starters for the following season. I believe 5 players were considered D1 prospects.

IMO, one of the main reasons Bellville kept the job in house was because of all the talent returning. A new coach would probably bring in his own offense/defense and make changes. Most people felt that it was better not to change things and allow the the former assistants to run the team.

No doubt. I was just speculating that there could have been other issues that he saw that told him it was time to leave. That's a lot to leave on the table for freakin' Pine Tree. The meltdown that occured once the season started could have been something he saw coming. I have no idea. From the outside looking in(which is where I am. Never met Huey and never been to Bellville), it looks like a horrible move until the season was over. Then it looks like a brilliant move. I can't imagine a coaching change without a completely program philosophy change having that kinda effect.

XMan
01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
New administration coming into power could be one possible explanation. I see this as a good time for some change in policies to help out ALL the athletes. Parents, you have got to get involved and make your concerns heard. If you child is being discriminated against because he/she doesnt play football/volleyball speak up. Its time that all athletes get to participate in the athletic period no matter what sport they choose. FBall/Vball are tremendous but Bellville is not just a 2 sport town. the funniest part is that all these policies are in place and then the AD leaves in the middle of the year and doesnt carry them out. I sure hope the spring sport kids are not going through football offseason right now, that would be a total shame. The only positive out of losing the AD midstream is that baseball, softball, and basketball should be getting to use the athletic period to practice their sport at least for a few months. Parents, again, make it known that its not ok to discriminate on basis of sport.

Bull's-eye
01-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Huey leaving was nothing to do with his football coaching or drop off in talent, it was more about family & personal reasons. He would be my first choice as the new coach & probably the one man that could turn Bellville around the quickest.

I was always amazed at how he could take a lesser talented team and be successful. There were many games that the opponent was bigger and faster, but he found a way to win the game. IMO, a sign of a good coach.

XMan
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
On a side note, does anyone have the girls basketball record for the year. Max Preps lists them at 1-6 but they are bound to have played more games than that. Shoot me a pm if you know.

Football DAD
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
I had two kids that played football and volleyball this year at Bellville. They both particapate in two other sports also. What does football and volleyball get that other sports don't get? If your kids are missing out on something ask them to play those sports.

tigerball4life
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Football DAD
I had two kids that played football and volleyball this year at Bellville. They both particapate in two other sports also. What does football and volleyball get that other sports don't get? If your kids are missing out on something ask them to play those sports. [/QUOTE

there are times when the coach of a less popular sport will complain to parents about not gettting funds rather then going to the AD for those needed funds, not sure if they are scared and want the parents to do their bidding for them or they themselves dont know the process. whatever the case may be the blame goes to the AD who may not even know what the coaches needs are.

44INAROW
01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Its that damned inflatable helmet!
OMG ETB - that's funny stuff right there :D

XMan
01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Football and volleyball are the only 2 sports that in the past were able to use the athletic period for their sports. Football and volleyball are year round and the other sports have been after school only. Well, you cant do your sport after school until the sport officially begins. So, those sports were getting very little practice time. For instance, if you dont play football but you do play baseball, in the fall you were not allowed to be in the athletic class. When the spring rolled around, you would be allowed into the athletic period but you could not practice baseball, you did football drills. I have no dog in the hunt, just an alum who doesnt like the situation.

Football DAD
01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I still don't see the problem. Some of the girls on the volleyball and softball team play on select teams. Is that some how unfair to anyone else. I still don't see what the big deal is. What are they doing in athletics that everyone needs so bad. Like I said, before, play volleyball or football. Think about this, if everyone playing any sport in high school was allowed in 7th athletics what will the teachers be doing? Not much.

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
FB Dad, Xman is just some whinny baseball guy who gets on here to bitch and moan about how baseball isn't treated as well as football. It seems as though he has B'ville ties because he really likes to cry about how Bellville is really big on football and volleyball and no one gives a damn about baseball. Just try to ignore him or have some fun with him.

ccmom
01-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Football and volleyball are the only 2 sports that in the past were able to use the athletic period for their sports. Football and volleyball are year round and the other sports have been after school only. Well, you cant do your sport after school until the sport officially begins. So, those sports were getting very little practice time. For instance, if you dont play football but you do play baseball, in the fall you were not allowed to be in the athletic class. When the spring rolled around, you would be allowed into the athletic period but you could not practice baseball, you did football drills. I have no dog in the hunt, just an alum who doesnt like the situation.

You don't say...:doh:

:rolleyes:

Football DAD
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Ernest T Bass, I just joined but I have read a lot of that. There is a lot of support for baseball here in bellville. I hear none of that kind talk about Sealy or Columbus. So I believe most of the ones that are complaining about this are parents of kids that don't play football and volleyball in Bellville.

rancher
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Im hearing that the applications are flooding into the dist. Heard rumors of the head coach from Coldspring and Kirbyville have inquired.

XMan
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes Mr. Bass, thats me. When was the last time Columbus or Sealy won a playoff game in baseball???? And by the way, both of these schools pull the same stunt, especially Columbus with their vball. The coach gets 100 girls out for that and then tells them that they cant play hoops cause its really important to play select vball the rest of the year. Sealy used to be really great in baseball year in and year out. They brought in an AD that killed all sports but football. It worked out pretty well for him as he won several state titles. It didnt go so well if you didnt play football. Their next AD was a former baseball coach (from Columbus) and he was very baseball friendly. He even permitted the basketball guys to go practice baseball after basketball practice. As a result, Sealy made a few deep runs in the baseball playoffs. Unfortunately, he didnt win state football titles and sadly was replaced as AD. I dont think Sealy has made baseball playoffs in at least 5 years.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Passion has been lacking. It seems to me that player passion went out the door when that stupid blow up helmet was bought. Want passion back, get rid of that stupid blow up helmet I just hope that my tax dollars did not pay for that helment, then I would be upset.

The Helmet was paid for by a insurance company, so you can rest a little better knowing it was not paid for by YOUR tax dollars. The people that help with the helmet dont get paid with YOUR tax dollars, they take time out of their fridays to do what they can do to help out with the program!

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes Mr. Bass, thats me. When was the last time Columbus or Sealy won a playoff game in baseball???? And by the way, both of these schools pull the same stunt, especially Columbus with their vball. The coach gets 100 girls out for that and then tells them that they cant play hoops cause its really important to play select vball the rest of the year. Sealy used to be really great in baseball year in and year out. They brought in an AD that killed all sports but football. It worked out pretty well for him as he won several state titles. It didnt go so well if you didnt play football. Their next AD was a former baseball coach (from Columbus) and he was very baseball friendly. He even permitted the basketball guys to go practice baseball after basketball practice. As a result, Sealy made a few deep runs in the baseball playoffs. Unfortunately, he didnt win state football titles and sadly was replaced as AD. I dont think Sealy has made baseball playoffs in at least 5 years.
There's one important point you've missed in all that....NO ONE CARES!
I had no idea that Sealy has ever been good at baseball. Know why? No one cares. Baseball team is good, football team is bad. AD gets fired. Sounds pretty cut and dried to me.

XMan
01-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Bass, im guessing there are lots of things you dont know. Just stick to playing with your pecans and leave the games that use real balls to the others.

Ernest T Bass
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Bass, im guessing there are lots of things you dont know. Just stick to playing with your pecans and leave the games that use real balls to the others.

Well, you've been on here spouting this crap for quite some time, so Im sure it's safe to assume that you started your crusade some time before that. Yet, no one's listening. Bellville continues to put emphasis on football and volleyball, Sealy continues to put it's emphasis on football, you have yet to gather any support on here, and the rest of the state continues to not give a damn about baseball until the football helmets have been reconditioned and are safely locked away.
So, one thing I do know(gawd I hate repeating myself); NO ONE CARES.

Football DAD
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
You know what I don't like, it's when some parents cry to coachs to let their kid play. I've seen it in Bellville last year in softball. The kid was more of a distrubtion than anything else. We as parents need to be more proactive with our kids, let them earn there playing time. Lets get them ready for the real world. Believe me it's just not softball, like someone from columbus told me, it's about your name.

XMan
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Yea, the guy in Sealy got the axe. He just couldnt recruit as well as the guy before him nor did he have as many friends down at the county jail. lol And, if you dont care, dont respond. Out in west texas or wherever you are, you are correct, no one cares.

Football DAD
01-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Sealy has had it's own issues. Think back in the 90"s winning those State Titles. You want hear anybody saying a word about that.

hookandladder
01-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Well, you've been on here spouting this crap for quite some time, so Im sure it's safe to assume that you started your crusade some time before that. Yet, no one's listening. Bellville continues to put emphasis on football and volleyball, Sealy continues to put it's emphasis on football, you have yet to gather any support on here, and the rest of the state continues to not give a damn about baseball until the football helmets have been reconditioned and are safely locked away.
So, one thing I do know(gawd I hate repeating myself); NO ONE CARES.

My son played Varsity football this year, after playing this season I do see the advantages of having offseason football. However he does also love baseball and yes it will conflict with offseason football but it is something that can be worked around. Not quite sure where you exactly live but here in our area a lot of people care about baseball, Baseball in Bellville has won more State Championship's then football. Yes, X-Man does complain about offseason football taking priority over baseball and sometimes the head football coach does not care about what he want's, that is where you seperate the good football coaches and the bad ones. We have been thru this before here in LG, I have no problem with baseball lifting weights as long as it is not on game day. This was an issue last year, in 3A down you have to share athlete's so working together will only benefit the entire program.
I am not taking sides , just pointing out that Football and Baseball are kings of our area. Yes, football needs a good offseason program to be successful and I fully support it.

teetle
01-12-2011, 09:11 AM
We loses thes sights that Football brings in more money for the athletic program. I don'ts thinks that Varsity Basketball or Varsity Baseballs shoulds have to lift on game days. Justs mys opinion. But theys should be in offseason to gets stronger and maybes faster.:D :eek: :eek: :D

hookandladder
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by teetle
We loses thes sights that Football brings in more money for the athletic program. I don'ts thinks that Varsity Basketball or Varsity Baseballs shoulds have to lift on game days. Justs mys opinion. But theys should be in offseason to gets stronger and maybes faster.:D :eek: :eek: :D

At the high school level I do not think money has anything to do with which sport is more important, if you fiquire the cost of everything involved for football I bet it barely breaks even if that. Football should be treated the same as all sports, it is king in Texas but there is room for all sports.

Mpiratefan_2009
01-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Now you all have turned this thread into a football Vs. every other sport debate, take that discussion elsewhere. This is about the Bellville Job, let's get some information on that. I read through 10 pages of comments to get that baseball isn't as big as football. Nothing about the frontrunners for the Bellville job, something that I do care about.

Ernest T Bass
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mpiratefan_2009
Now you all have turned this thread into a football Vs. every other sport debate, take that discussion elsewhere. This is about the Bellville Job, let's get some information on that. I read through 10 pages of comments to get that baseball isn't as big as football. Nothing about the frontrunners for the Bellville job, something that I do care about.

My fault. I allowed Xman to do that.
There is absolutely no word on the street. as of yet. At least that Ive heard.

rancher
01-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Just talked to my friend on the board, he told me thus far 100+ applicants and several phone calls from head coaches who said they were going to submit before the 24th deadline. He would not reveal any of the the names until they have their final list.

YTBulldogs
01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Just talked to my friend on the board, he told me thus far 100+ applicants and several phone calls from head coaches who said they were going to submit before the 24th deadline. He would not reveal any of the the names until they have their final list.

rancher, is that buddy of yours on the board a pro inflatable helmet guy or a pro run through a banner/fans man?;)

rancher
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I can say with 100% accuracy that he is a run through the banner guy. In fact we were talking a few nights ago over a cold one at the Cat Spring County Club and I have to agree with him, if it is good enough for Katy High School to run through a banner, it should be good enough for Bellville. Ban the helments.

Ernest T Bass
01-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Those helments sound bad. I agree, let's ban helments.
But helmets are still ok, right?

rancher
01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Blow up helmets or blow up dolls, ban them!!! Hellments are ok.

BrahmaMom
01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
When this thread can't stay focused on the topic, you know the players must have difficulty doing so anymore. I agree, Huey has tremendous talent, Collier, too. New blood, not so bad, but we need our players focused and driven (maybe even obsessed!!).

Football DAD
01-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I guess that helment thing want go away. Yes, we do need a coach. Someone who will come in evaluate the players we have. Then make a decision on what kind of defense and offense should be ran with talent we have . I believe that, was the problem the last two years. Trying to do what worked a year ago or two years may not work for the talent you have now. You have to always evaluate what's your strengths and weakness. That means every year!!

HTripleC13
01-12-2011, 09:47 PM
NEW BLOOD!! Doesn't anyone think its about time that Bellville got some young gun to come in and bring some life back to the program? I played for Raymond aka "Huey" in his final years, and winning became the norm so the hard work and dedication to continue that success started to fade. That is why the program is where it is today. You can say the talent pool was low, or that the system wasn't correct, but in the end, it's high school football, plenty of teams win because they merely out-work their opponents. Bellville needs a good young candidate who will energize the ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM, and connect with the student-athletes on a different level. The "good ol' boy" system in that town needs to be done away with. One of you Bellville Football Historians tell me how many State Championships that kinda system has brought you...

bobcat1
01-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
NEW BLOOD!! Doesn't anyone think its about time that Bellville got some young gun to come in and bring some life back to the program? I played for Raymond aka "Huey" in his final years, and winning became the norm so the hard work and dedication to continue that success started to fade. That is why the program is where it is today. You can say the talent pool was low, or that the system wasn't correct, but in the end, it's high school football, plenty of teams win because they merely out-work their opponents. Bellville needs a good young candidate who will energize the ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM, and connect with the student-athletes on a different level. The "good ol' boy" system in that town needs to be done away with. One of you Bellville Football Historians tell me how many State Championships that kinda system has brought you... :iagree: Great Post

Football DAD
01-12-2011, 10:03 PM
To my knowledge Bellville has never won a State Championship

Football DAD
01-12-2011, 10:04 PM
An I do mean in Football.

YTBulldogs
01-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Blow up helmets or blow up dolls, ban them!!! Hellments are ok.

:spitlol: Now that's the spirit. Just having fun with ya. I damn near did spit my water on the monitor when I read this post.

zebrablue2
01-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
:spitlol: Now that's the spirit. Just having fun with ya. I damn near did spit my water on the monitor when I read this post.

ROFL!!!

Red Bull
01-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I have come to this thread after being gone a few days and it has really gone down hill. 11 pages of nothing. Offseason this and that and is the blow up helmet the problem. The problem in Bellville is we didn't win enough football games the last two seasons and last year didn't even resemble a good football team. We need a new coach / AD that can build an athletic program. For all sports. But it all starts with football in small towns in Texas. Just my opinion based on 40+ years of watching Texas high school football.

Doesn't someone have any info. on who some of the candidates are for this opening? Surely there is some talk in these small towns around here of who is applying.

rancher
01-13-2011, 09:24 AM
You will have to remain is suspense like the rest of us. According to my friend on the board, 100+ applicants thus far, with several other successful coaches calling. The new supt. is holding his cards close, as he should. The application deadline is the 24th, after that they will have a list of finalist for the job. Be patient and wait like the rest of us. This is just like Christmas when you were younger, the announcement will be made and then everyone can bitch or cheer about the hire. In the meantime, enjoy the blow up helmet talk.

OLE'BULL
01-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I have come to this thread after being gone a few days and it has really gone down hill. 11 pages of nothing. Offseason this and that and is the blow up helmet the problem. The problem in Bellville is we didn't win enough football games the last two seasons and last year didn't even resemble a good football team. We need a new coach / AD that can build an athletic program. For all sports. But it all starts with football in small towns in Texas. Just my opinion based on 40+ years of watching Texas high school football.

Doesn't someone have any info. on who some of the candidates are for this opening? Surely there is some talk in these small towns around here of who is applying.

I do know for a fact Coach Collier has put in his application, all I have heard so far...

rancher
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Rest assured that he will not make the final cut or get an interview. With the new sheriff in town, all ties to the past will be severed.

Football DAD
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
That's good. Someone said earlier, new blood may be a good thing for bellville.

Ernest T Bass
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Bellville Kryptonite

http://www.polkcountytoday.com/images/648_peprallypics_4_.JPG

rancher
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
ERNEST T, YOU ARE A GENIUS. NOW THAT IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Bull's-eye
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
I do know for a fact Coach Collier has put in his application, all I have heard so far...

I have heard talk that Collier wasn't allowed to run his offense until the 2nd half of the 09 Columbus game. If this is true, we can't judge him for that season. I do know that he was the OC with Huey and things were a lot better.

Bellville has a chance to get a top notch coach, I would definitely take advantage of this opportunity. If the new coach has a son or two that are outstanding football players, even better! :D

Bull's-eye
01-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Bellville Kryptonite

I think it could be those white football pants, bring back the red ones for all games. :D

OLE'BULL
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I have heard talk that Collier wasn't allowed to run his offense until the 2nd half of the 09 Columbus game. If this is true, we can't judge him for that season. I do know that he was the OC with Huey and things were a lot better.

Bellville has a chance to get a top notch coach, I would definitely take advantage of this opportunity. If the new coach has a son or two that are outstanding football players, even better! :D

I believe you are correct. Which means the offense was not as familiar with his way. I just think he deserves (and has earned) serious consideration. He is also a players coach. Not to mention he coached basketball while he was here (and if I remember he took them to their first playoff appearance in decades). His priority would be football, but would do well managing other sports as well. No ego with this guy....

MJMbrahmas10
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
He was also a coach who pushed for equal opportunities with sports.

OLE'BULL
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
He was also a coach who pushed for equal opportunities with sports.

Another reason he needs to be considered. Everyone wants a young, energetic, "fresh breath". All of these added up= KIRK COLLIER. He wasn't at Bellville long enough to be considered "old blood". I will say it again, we would all be pleasently surprised. At least the offense would be fun to watch again...

rancher
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
New Sheriff in town + former AD from Propser (successful program)=New blood with close ties

BrahmaMom
01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Probably, but surely Collier has earned a serious look. If I was his wife, I would NOT be happy about all the moving, but that is the mom in me talking. The Brahma in me says "bring him back!" I would certainly want them to look at the Cerny brother and wish Coach Golan would consider leaving his fences and return to the Pasture. Collier + Golan=disciplined smart football.

Red Bull
01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Rancher,

I did not ask who the finalists were I just asked for who may be some of the names on the applicant list. Two years ago you heard names coming out of everywhere. Now we hear nothing. Maybe that is good for last time you heard all those big names and we hire from within. This time things are quiet and maybe we hit it big and get the right coach for the job. I for one am looking for new blood to come in and inject new fire in the program.

For those of you in Coach Collier's corner I think this would be similar to hiring from within since he was here for so long and just left a year ago. Don't get me wrong I like K. Collier, but if we hire him and it doesn't work out, then it will be similar to hiring from inside as they did with Foster two years ago. The locals won't be happy.

TRENCHES06
01-13-2011, 06:45 PM
My son played Varsity football this year, after playing this season I do see the advantages of having offseason football. However he does also love baseball and yes it will conflict with offseason football but it is something that can be worked around. Not quite sure where you exactly live but here in our area a lot of people care about baseball, Baseball in Bellville has won more State Championship's then football. Yes, X-Man does complain about offseason football taking priority over baseball and sometimes the head football coach does not care about what he want's, that is where you seperate the good football coaches and the bad ones. We have been thru this before here in LG, I have no problem with baseball lifting weights as long as it is not on game day. This was an issue last year, in 3A down you have to share athlete's so working together will only benefit the entire program.
I am not taking sides , just pointing out that Football and Baseball are kings of our area. Yes, football needs a good offseason program to be successful and I fully support it.

LG NEVER made varsity baseball players lift weights on game days. At least not under the coach that was there from 2005-2009....

Football DAD
01-13-2011, 06:56 PM
What does this statement mean "He was also a coach who pushed for equal opportunities with sports.". I have two kids at this school an they both do more than football and volleyball. Or you saying someone want let them play other sports.

rancher
01-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Just got back from the Cat Spring Country Club having coffee with my friend on the board at Bellville and a Sealy board member also joined us. Pleased to learn that 125+ applicants have applied with a little over a week remaining. Both school board members told me that deep cuts will take place this year in their districts and all districts across Texas. They said Supt. all across the State are being told to tighten the belt because funding is going to be cut. They advised they have enough money in the rainy day funds for about a year, but after that is the question. One thing being floated across seveal districts are cutting the coaching staffs in half. They explained that there is talk of volunteer coaches from the community to take up the slack. Hopefully they will remember to give me the web site where info is going to be available about what school districts are going do to cope with the crisis. They stated that the only other alternative is an estimated 45%+ tax increase for the school districts. We all agreeded this is not happen.

MJMbrahmas10
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Sorry bout the misunderstanding He has always gotten angry about how basketball doesn't get the support football does and how things should he changed.

We got quite a crowd here from cat spring. Me included

rancher
01-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I was told by my board friend the new supt. wants to make sure he gets this one right. He understands this is his MOST IMPORTANT HIRE and it could make or break his career also. My guess after the 24th we will hear more.

rancher
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Here is an interesting article that was in the Houston paper today on school funding cuts. Basically the governor says the state is going to cut deep and if a district does not like it, raise taxes.

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/archives/2011/01/unfunded_mandat.html

Ernest T Bass
01-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I was told by my board friend the new supt. wants to make sure he gets this one right. He understands this is his MOST IMPORTANT HIRE and it could make or break his career also. My guess after the 24th we will hear more.

Id be willing to bet the supt narrows it down to 3-5 finalists and lets the board make the final call, if he's that concerned. Very few supts have the stones to make a hire like this and support him.

Red Bull
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Volunteer coaches from the community sounds like a great idea. We see every day on this board people (myself included) that seem to have the answers. Bring it on!

rancher
01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Just had coffee this morning at Newman's and spoke with my "deep throat" on the school board. He gave me this link as he promised, the link will give you a quick inside look at what is going on across the state for the school districts. He stated there are a couple of more links he will try to get me also.

http://www.texasisd.com/cat_index_25.shtml

Bulligator
01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I’ve been away for a while and just happened to click on 3A this morning. What do I see but Bellville coaching job mentioned in the first thread. The coach shuffle they are now in is very similar to what happened back in 1977. Coach Doyle Parker had just led the undefeated 14 and 0 Brahmas to the state championship game against Wylie in Waco. They lost the game 22 to 14. Bellville had 6 seniors on that team, with 4 being starters. The 1977 team seems to be forgotten in Bellville football history, being overshadowed by the team of 1960 who also made it to the championship but lost to Denver City.

Coach Parker’s son was a senior and the starting quarterback. Parker left Bellville for Friendswood (larger school, more money) and a new coach was hired from within; Coach Archie Seals. Coach Seals had been in Bellville for a number of years as an assistant and head Track Coach, and is still coaching the Cross Country Team on a part-time basis today. There were also several coaches on the staff that applied for the head job. The entire staff returned basically intact with the defense being led by Coach Don Krumrey.

Bellville was ranked high in preseason polls as most of the team was returning, featuring one of the top running backs in the state and a defense that had recorded 6 shutouts and allowed an average 6.5 points per game. However, that was when only the District winner advanced into the playoffs. Bellville lost to a Sealy Tiger squad led by Eric Dickerson that went on to win the State Championship that year. Bellville finished the season 6 – 4, just like the 2009 team.

Does history repeat itself? Coach Seals resigned after 2 years (maybe 3?) and was replaced by an outside coach whose name I can’t recall right now. The 2009 Brahmas mirrored the 1978 team in so many ways, and also had some sons of the 1978 team members playing on it. The loss of a Head Coach does make a big difference in a program no matter what the talent level is.

So you see, this is nothing new for Bellville. Most of us old-timers have seen this before and can stand back and watch the youngsters debate the pros and cons of high school football programs. They yearn for a state championship caliber team and the coach that will take them to the Promised Land. A new Superintendent with a son on the team wants to make the hire that will finally get them there.

Some teams come along every now and then that play the game for the name on the back of the jersey, not the front. There was a lot of ego on the last two teams, and maybe the 1978 and 1979 teams as well. Sometimes it takes more than a Coach to produce a winner. I wish Coach Foster the best in his future. I have a feeling that he won't be far away though, and may come back to the Pasture of Pain on the other sideline.

I apologize for the rambling on this post and need to go feed the cows now, so I will finish with this: Be careful what you wish for, it may come true.

rancher
01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Just got back from Lunch at the Hill, joined their by another board member not my "deep throat". In our conversation over a cholesterol free double meat cheeseburger, he dropped a name on me that he learned has applied and talked about highly. COACH RUSTY NAIL FROM MART. I will keep everyone informed on what I learn.

rancher
01-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Does anyone have any insight on Coach Rusty Nail of Mart. All I know is that Mart has a long winning tradition. Would love to know his bonafides.

bobcat1
01-14-2011, 09:08 PM
From what I know of Rusty, he seems to be a good classy coach. I have never met him personally but know lots of coaches that do know him.

zebrablue2
01-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I worked 2 of coach Nail's games back in 2009> He is a class person and a darn good football coach.. He would be a great fit for Bellville!!!

Ernest T Bass
01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
My sources are telling me that Rusty's staying put and hasn't applied for any jobs. Now, maybe Bellville went to him, but I dont think Rusty has actively applied for any jobs this year.

Yoe_09
01-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Coach Rusty Nail was a finalist for the Cameron Yoe job a few years ago which says a lot. He is a great coach that knows how to win and would be a great fit if it actually happened.

hookandladder
01-15-2011, 09:15 AM
LG NEVER made varsity baseball players lift weights on game days. At least not under the coach that was there from 2005-2009....

Lifting weights on game were not the issue however there were issue's with offseason program and baseball, coaches need to work together to benefit all sports.

rancher
01-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Have learned of two more names who applied, both of these are from down the road in Sealy. Coach Stan Howard and JR Mitchell (Jimmy's brother). At this rate, I will have the applicant list in about 6 months.

Ernest T Bass
01-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Coach Stan Howard

This one is accurate. Not sure about lil' Mitchell. Stan would do a good job for Bellville.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
01-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Lifting weights on game were not the issue however there were issue's with offseason program and baseball, coaches need to work together to benefit all sports.
we always lifted weights on game day as varsity baseball players at sealy, only the starting pitcher and catcher, during district, got out of weights on game day

rancher
01-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Stan Howard, no way, would not be a fit at Bellville, told of problems when he was in Katy at both schools.

Ernest T Bass
01-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Stan Howard, no way, would not be a fit at Bellville, told of problems when he was in Katy at both schools.

I know about Morton Ranch, but Taylor? Did a great job at Breckenridge and even got Kenedy into the playoffs when he was HC there.

rancher
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I can tell you after being a head coach and now bouncing around as an assistant for 4 years and to land at Sealy as an assistant. There must be some baggage in the closet.

Ernest T Bass
01-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Tried to find an hc job. Didn't do it within his timeline, so tried his hand at 5a for the big bucks. Didn't like it, so went back to the small schools. No baggage there.

Football DAD
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
So, I guess we want know anytime soon who it will be.

tog
01-15-2011, 07:50 PM
I can tell you after being a head coach and now bouncing around as an assistant for 4 years and to land at Sealy as an assistant. There must be some baggage in the closet.

The problems at Morton Ranch had nothing to do with him, and may be one of the reasons he "bounced" around, as he may not have wanted to be associated with problems like that.

rancher
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
He will not make the cut.

Ernest T Bass
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM

Bellville's loss, then.

tog
01-15-2011, 08:20 PM

Rnacher
check your pm's
You need to get some facts straight.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
What about this hear-say? Coach Mark Schmid from 5a The Woodlands?

Ernest T Bass
01-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What about this hear-say? Coach Mark Schmid from 5a The Woodlands?

No and way.

rancher
01-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Heard the names of Coach Long from East Bernard and Coach Holcomb from Lexington.

XMan
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Personally, Im for anyone smart enough to figure out that its dumb to go through offseason when you are in-season. This includes girls sports where sadly the softball team has to go through volleyball workouts before they have softball practice, even if they dont play volleyball! The same thing was happening on the boys side. Stupidity at its finest and you parents/tax payers are ignorant enough to let this roll. Get a clue. The guy from the Woodlands lives close to this area and commutes to the job. Bellville would be a shorter commute but I just cant see him coming to a 3a and taking a $20,000 pay cut. From what I hear about the EB guy is that he is football only kind of guy. Bellville already has one coach with ties to EB and that is more than enough.

Football DAD
01-17-2011, 11:16 AM
What is the big deal with working out before practice of another sport. Is it the parents crying or the students. If it's that big of an issue don't play football or volleyball. I have two kids in bellville, one plays football and the other volleyball. They both participate in two other sports also. They never mention any to me about the workouts. So it might be the parents crying.

YTBulldogs
01-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Football DAD
What is the big deal with working out before practice of another sport. Is it the parents crying or the students. If it's that big of an issue don't play football or volleyball. I have two kids in bellville, one plays football and the other volleyball. They both participate in two other sports also. They never mention any to me about the workouts. So it might be the parents crying.

Nail on the head. Same thing around here. New programs used today are not like they were when we played. Trust me, the hour workouts conducted now, will not hamper athletes on game day in other sports.

sinton66
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Have learned of two more names who applied, both of these are from down the road in Sealy. Coach Stan Howard and JR Mitchell (Jimmy's brother). At this rate, I will have the applicant list in about 6 months.

Coach Howard has NOT applied and does not appreciate you dropping his name into this discussion. I am 100% certain of this because I received an email from him. Perhaps you need to be more careful with your "sources". If you wish to discuss it with him directly, PM me and I'll give you his phone number.

BrahmaMom
01-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I am leaning towards bringing back what worked for so many seasons: Chancellor and/or Collier. We have some talent in the wings, why waste them trying to get things right? Forget ego here and vote for the team and the kids. Go Bulls!

YTBulldogs
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Coach Howard has NOT applied and does not appreciate you dropping his name into this discussion. I am 100% certain of this because I received an email from him. Perhaps you need to be more careful with your "sources". If you wish to discuss it with him directly, PM me and I'll give you his phone number.

rancher, appears all those "insider" lunch dates you've been having is not reliable:)

I'm sure BHS will get themselves a good one though. Great community.

XMan
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Football Dad, would it be ok for your son to go out and take ground balls, batting practice, and throw a baseball around for an hour before he goes to football practice? Would it be ok for the volleyball team to go to basketball or softball practice in the fall before a volleyball workout??? This would be pretty silly to me but this is what im talking about. Football and volleyball want to have their cake and eat it too. Also, the UIL specifically states that it is against rules to make an athlete go through offseason on the same day as an in sport competition. What I complain about the most is how the athletes that dont play football/volleyball are treated. They are not allowed into athletics at all in the fall. Then, in the spring to add insult to injury, they have to go through offseason of sports that they dont play. Why not send them off to work on the sport they actually play. If offseason were so important, why not have offseason for these athletes when its actually their offseason. Its crazy.

Football DAD
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
X-man, still the same thing over and over. My son and daughter has never said, a word about these work outs before. Like said, before my childern play other sports like track, powerlifting and softball. They do their works outs, then go to practice. It's not going to kill anyone to work out. What is the big deal. It's been like this in almost every high school. It was like that for me, when I was in high school over 20 years ago.

duckhunter
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Football DAD
X-man, still the same thing over and over. My son and daughter has never said, a word about these work outs before. Like said, before my childern play other sports like track, powerlifting and softball. They do their works outs, then go to practice. It's not going to kill anyone to work out. What is the big deal. It's been like this in almost every high school. It was like that for me, when I was in high school over 20 years ago. They prolly haven't said nothing on acount they play volleyball and football. if they didn't play those sports you might hear rumblings at home? If what xman says is still true about Bellville athletics as it was when I was enrolled there his points are valid for some people. Doesn't make much sense for a person who only plays basketball and baseball to go practice zone blocking on th practice field in march.

Football DAD
01-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Then don't play sports in school. We all can say we do things that don't make sense but we do them anyway. Believe if my kids had a problem they would say something. I guess they love football and volleyball. I haven't heard many kids crying about this.

rancher
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I must apologize, in talking to my source again, it was not Stan Howard who applied it was another Coach Howard who is a DC coord. at a 4A school. Im sure Stan Howard is a fine coach with an outstanding record. He will probably get the Sealy job if Jimmy decides to leave.

Red Bull
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Over 200 replies and over 11,000 hits and this thread still is mostly about nothing.

Will someone please start a new thread when there is some accurate info out there about who the leading candidates are for the job.

Original68
01-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by sandbagger
Shane Mobley, former DC at prosper, current asst. HC at seguin. The best high school football coach to walk the face of the earth.

i played for coach mobley at prosper and i totally agree what he did for our team and how he brought us together as a FAMILY really helped us achieve our goals winning the state title in 08 and going deep in playoffs 09

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Over 200 replies and over 11,000 hits and this thread still is mostly about nothing.

Will someone please start a new thread when there is some accurate info out there about who the leading candidates are for the job.

Two threads on same subject, merge them?

Ranger Mom
01-22-2011, 10:19 AM

I just read the entire thread and thinks it's par for the course. Until there is some concrete information there is going to be speculation and topics going off track....it's just human nature while you are waiting around.

Old QB
01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Just read the post concerning the Fredericksburg job where some of those applicants have withdrawned...wonder if they're interest ed in the Bellville opening? In my humble opinion, Bellville has more potential for succcess.

TRENCHES06
01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Still no word??

Torch Bearer
01-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Is Mobley an offensive guy or defensive? What does he run on offense and defense?

Bull's-eye
01-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Torch Bearer
Is Mobley an offensive guy or defensive? What does he run on offense and defense?

Former defensive coordinator from Prosper, not sure what defense he ran. He was just recently at Seguin and I believe they were running a 4-3 defense.

OLE'BULL
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Just read in The Bellville Times that a decision should be announced at the Feb. 17th trustees meeting.

TRENCHES06
01-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Who's interviewing?

OLE'BULL
01-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Who's interviewing?

The title of the article is "More than 200 to vie for top football spot". So your guess is as good as mine. Couple guesses would be the guy from Prosper, Kirk Collier, etc....

Bull's-eye
01-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Any news? Did the Bellville Times have a list of names?

rancher
01-27-2011, 11:40 AM
No names. The search committee is going through the resumes now, consist of Batson, Hancock, Paul Asenback and Stein. The new coach will be named on Feb 17th. Interviews will start next week.