PDA

View Full Version : My NFL Draft 1-20 Projections

SHSBulldog00
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
This is my first Mock of the NFL Draft. After a quick glance assuming all underclassmen enter. (no trades)

* Juniors - Picks 1-20

1. Carolina DE Da'Quan Bowers Clemson*
2. Denver DT Nick Fairley Auburn
3. Buffalo QB Andrew Luck Stanford*
4. Cincinnati DE Robert Quinn North Carolina*
5. Arizona OT Nate Solder Colorado
6. Cleveland WR A.J. Green Georgia*
7. San Francisco CB Patrick Peterson LSU*
8. Tennessee QB Jake Locker Washington
9. Dallas DT Marcel Dareus Alabama*
10. Washington CB Prince Amukamara Nebraska
11. Houston CB Janoris Jenkins Florida*
12. Minnesota QB Blaine Gabbert Missouri*
13. Detroit DE Adrian Clayborn Iowa
14. St. Louis WR Julio Jones Alabama
15. Miami QB Cam Newton Auburn*
16. Jacksonville LB Von Miller Texas ATM
17. New England (via Oakland) RB Mark Ingram Alabama*
18. San Diego LB Akeem Ayers UCLA*
19. N.Y. Giants OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin
20. Tampa Bay WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State*

Thought's? Post Yours...

bigwood33
01-03-2011, 02:43 PM
If Amukamara is available at 9, I would bet the Cowboys take him. A physical, cover corner would be a huge plus.

Ex-Tiger2005
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I wouldnt be mad if the Cowboys took prince amukawhatever at #9 he would be an upgrade over scandrick instantly!

bigwood33
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
The secondary is a gaping hole/need for the Cowboys. They won't draft a safety in the first couple of rounds but a corner makes sense. So would a big DE type who will fit into a 3-4 scheme or an offensive lineman. All of that being said I hope they draft the best available player since they have so many holes. They certainly have more than one need.

Red&White_9x5
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Clausen is NOT the answer and/or future for Carolina so I will say the Panthers take Luck with the number 1 pick

eagles_victory
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't see anyway Dallas takes a DT when they play a 3-4 and DT is one of their only strong points on the defense.

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I'd be shocked if Dallas drafted a DT, considering that they're in a 3-4 and Jay Ratliff is one of the few bright spots on the defense currently.

I also have a hard time seeing Tampa take a receiver since they've already got Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn.

The only way Tennessee takes a QB is if Bud Adams decides he wants to keep Jeff Fisher and dump Vince Young, which I just don't see right now.

And I'm not sure Gabbert will go that high...think he could be late first/early second type that has a lot of hype but falls.

Other than that though, I can agree with the logic behind 16 of the 20 you posted, so that's not bad at all.

SHSBulldog00
01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
ESPN is saying Dareus could play DE in a 3-4. I'm still out on that.

eagles_victory
01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
ESPN is saying Dareus could play DE in a 3-4. I'm still out on that. I still say Corner should be the top concern then offensive line.

Also some projections have Gabbert the number 2 QB and Locker 3

Third
01-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Washington is really hurting on both sides of the line and at wide receiver so I can't see them going secondary.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Look for Ratliff to possibly be moved to DE so he does not get wore down by the double teams..now in saying that..you dont need to find a 3-4 NT in the first round, just need a big ole run stopper

the genious
01-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Dariues or however u spell that is goin to be a 3-4 DE not nose guard and a 4-3 DT most likely and locker will not be in top 10 ima try and do one later too

Saggy Aggie
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
If the Texans go anywhere other than their secondary, I'll puke. :mad:

Twirling Time
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I think Patrick Peterson is worth trading up a couple of spots for. He is a beast.

Sweetwater Red
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
This is my first Mock of the NFL Draft. After a quick glance assuming all underclassmen enter. (no trades)

* Juniors - Picks 1-20

1. Carolina DE Da'Quan Bowers Clemson*
2. Denver DT Nick Fairley Auburn
3. Buffalo QB Andrew Luck Stanford*
4. Cincinnati DE Robert Quinn North Carolina*
5. Arizona OT Nate Solder Colorado
6. Cleveland WR A.J. Green Georgia*
7. San Francisco CB Patrick Peterson LSU*
8. Tennessee QB Jake Locker Washington
9. Dallas DT Marcel Dareus Alabama*
10. Washington CB Prince Amukamara Nebraska
11. Houston CB Janoris Jenkins Florida*
12. Minnesota QB Blaine Gabbert Missouri*
13. Detroit DE Adrian Clayborn Iowa
14. St. Louis WR Julio Jones Alabama
15. Miami QB Cam Newton Auburn*
16. Jacksonville LB Von Miller Texas ATM
17. New England (via Oakland) RB Mark Ingram Alabama*
18. San Diego LB Akeem Ayers UCLA*
19. N.Y. Giants OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin
20. Tampa Bay WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State*

Thought's? Post Yours...

Nice list. But, I can't see Detroit drafting a D-lineman in the first round. That was one of
their strengths this year. On the defensive side their needs are LB and CB. On offense it's RB and OL. I would love it if Patrick Peterson fell in their laps at #13. I don't see it happening though.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Nice list. But, I can't see Detroit drafting a D-lineman in the first round. That was one of
their strengths this year. On the defensive side their needs are LB and CB. On offense it's RB and OL. I would love it if Patrick Peterson fell in their laps at #13. I don't see it happening though.

I think the Lions need a true pass rushing threat at the DE position..Vanden Bosch is not the answer

Sweetwater Red
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the Lions need a true pass rushing threat at the DE position..Vanden Bosch is not the answer

I agree and thought he would be just that. But, he turned out to be the veteran inspirational
leader which I think was a positive too. The thing is that Julian Peterson is as good as gone and
their CBs need a definite upgrade. That's the
side of the ball I hope they address. But, if
They can get another play maker or some protection for Stafford, he needs all he can get
apparently, I'll be happy with that too.

TheDOCTORdre
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
whether Carolina picks him or they trade the 1st pick, Luck is the #1 pick no doubt

TheDOCTORdre
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
and I dont think Buffalo would take a QB, i think they can suffice with Fitzpatrick and fill other holes