PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys beat Philly JV

YTBulldogs
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Please release all the secondary and start from scratch. Pitiful.

Bullaholic
01-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Yea, Keith---Dallas beat Philly with a 3rd string QB and missing many starters....:D

44INAROW
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yea, Keith---Dallas beat Philly with a 3rd string QB and missing many starters....:D
that's the 1st thing I thought of lol :D

coach
01-02-2011, 07:40 PM
i will say what he would say if the roles were reversed

o well atleast we get a better draft pick bc we all know yall will lose in the first round

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Okay, I'm not a big fan of either team. But, even Cowboy fans have to admit that Kolb took a
beating behind that 2nd string O-line. I kinda
felt bad for him. Lol

88bulls
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Over haul the O-line, and secondary. Maybe look for a few LB's

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Okay, I'm not a big fan of either team. But, even Cowboy fans have to admit that Kolb took a
beating behind that 2nd string O-line. I kinda
felt bad for him. Lol

I only saw the last few minutes of the game but you could see, on the Eagles last series, the grimace/pain/frustration on his face, after he took that big shot just as he released the ball.:ack!:

bobcat1
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
It did look like a JV game by both teams.:(

GrTigers6
01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Yea, Keith---Dallas beat Philly with a 3rd string QB and missing many starters....:D Yeah barely, which is sad that our defense couldnt control there 2nd and 3rd string players any better than they did.
However a win is a win

Eagle 1
01-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Where is Keith?:p

3afan
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
McGhee was awful - had some good runs but thats it

GrTigers6
01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
McGhee was awful - had some good runs but thats it Mcgee looked terrible because the OL couldnt block to save a life. But he came up with the plays when he needed to.

Trashman
01-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I actually think that the boys beat philly's starters due to their having played a game last Tuesday and took a beating in the process. Philly's backups may have been the only chance they had to win the game. Lets not forget Dallas had a 3rd string qb. :D I agree the secondary and their coach need to go and go now!

YTBulldogs
01-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Was listening to WFAN, they said old Bill Bates and Clinkscale could play better now, then the current starters out there.

You can't tell me, there isn't four guys in the country, that can't play better then this current group.

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I got back form fishing Lake Fork just in time to catch most of the second half of the game. I wish I would have stayed at the lake! What a horrible performance by the Cowboys in general. It was obvious they really weren't into playing a football game. And I think we have seen enough from McGee these last 2 games to know that he isn't a NFL caliber QB.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I got back form fishing Lake Fork just in time to catch most of the second half of the game. I wish I would have stayed at the lake! What a horrible performance by the Cowboys in general. It was obvious they really weren't into playing a football game. And I think we have seen enough from McGee these last 2 games to know that he isn't a NFL caliber QB.

yea I hope it puts the rest the idea that McGee might be another diamond in the rough type

Bullaholic
01-03-2011, 10:09 AM

Didn't they say that about some guy named Vick when he played for Atlanta?

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea I hope it puts the rest the idea that McGee might be another diamond in the rough type

There is the possibility that he is! but we don't have 4 years for him to ride the pine before we ever get to see any indication of it. We need to after pedigree!

So what changes to YOU make in the offseason considering the salary cap? Keep in mind you can't simply trade or cut every single player that didn't perform. Some of the worst performers this season were Pro Bowlers last season so we know they can play. How do you get their heads on straight and get them back on top of their game?

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Didn't they say that about some guy named Vick when he played for Atlanta?

Are you drawing comparisons between McGee and Vick???

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 10:22 AM
There is the possibility that he is! but we don't have 4 years for him to ride the pine before we ever get to see any indication of it. We need to after pedigree!

So what changes to YOU make in the offseason considering the salary cap? Keep in mind you can't simply trade or cut every single player that didn't perform. Some of the worst performers this season were Pro Bowlers last season so we know they can play. How do you get their heads on straight and get them back on top of their game?

and a shot at Romo..wow..cant stay away from it can u lol

Changes I make

in order

Secondary...OL...LB help

Have to decide if Spencer, Jenkins, and Bennett are ever going to be consitent or not.

Need to decide if Newman is anything but a 3rd CB going forward.

FF, you can talk Pro Bowl all you want..but the players that struggled this year except for Jenkins, had problems last year( The OL MAINLY)

I also think Dallas needs to make a decision at the RB positon.

Bullaholic
01-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Are you drawing comparisons between McGee and Vick???

Of course---they're like 2 peas in a pod, Farmer. :D

Many in Atlanta said that Vick would never be a star NFL QB because the thought all he would and could do is run the ball.

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 10:38 AM
and a shot at Romo..wow..cant stay away from it can u lol

Changes I make

in order

Secondary...OL...LB help

Have to decide if Spencer, Jenkins, and Bennett are ever going to be consitent or not.

Need to decide if Newman is anything but a 3rd CB going forward.

FF, you can talk Pro Bowl all you want..but the players that struggled this year except for Jenkins, had problems last year( The OL MAINLY)

I also think Dallas needs to make a decision at the RB positon.

I wasn't taking a shot at Romo! I was responding to your "Diamond in the rough" comment. I honestly don't think the team can take 4 years to find another one of those regardless of who it is or what position it is. Besides, Romo is so far away from being a "Diamond" that I would not have ever thought it was Romo you were talking about if I didn't know you so well! :D

Here are the players that would be on my trade/cut list tomorrow:

M. Barber
M. Bennett
I. Oshanski
R. Williams
S. Hurd
K. Brooking
S. McGee
D. Buehler

Jenkins, Newman, Spencer, Spears, Colombo, Davis and Kosier would all have to EARN their starting spots next season.

Priorities:

Safeties (neither one is ready to be the starter. both are servicable backups)
1 very strong inside LB (this team needs a Ray Lewis type personality on defense really, really bad. Brooking's pregame crap was embarrassing and forced)
1 fast/quick receiver to stretch the defense. (The 3 yards in a cloud of dust mentality for this passing game must be fixed)
A couple of good young O-linemen to push or replace the linemen we have. (Colombo and Kosier never got their confidence after starting the season with injuries and Davis was just plain lazy)

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 10:49 AM
If Bryant is healthy he can be the field stretcher..BUT..Austin can as well..I truly believe the OL problems has shortened the passing game

Back in 07 and 08 the knock on garrett and the offense was they threw down the field to much, his passing game was an all or nothing deal( and it was)

I dont know if Dallas does not need TWO ILBs if they find them..IMO Bradie James is ok but not great.

I feel Dallas HAS to make changes on the OL..I would love to either get rid of Gurode or maybe move him to guard, he has detoriated into a terrible center

As far as Colombo and Kosier..they are battlers and I have no problem with them being starters, but Dallas should always be looking to upgrade

Bullaholic
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I wasn't taking a shot at Romo! I was responding to your "Diamond in the rough" comment. I honestly don't think the team can take 4 years to find another one of those regardless of who it is or what position it is. Besides, Romo is so far away from being a "Diamond" that I would not have ever thought it was Romo you were talking about if I didn't know you so well! :D

Here are the players that would be on my trade/cut list tomorrow:

M. Barber
M. Bennett
I. Oshanski
R. Williams
S. Hurd
K. Brooking
S. McGee
D. Buehler

Jenkins, Newman, Spencer, Spears, Colombo, Davis and Kosier would all have to EARN their starting spots next season.

Priorities:

Safeties (neither one is ready to be the starter. both are servicable backups)
1 very strong inside LB (this team needs a Ray Lewis type personality on defense really, really bad. Brooking's pregame crap was embarrassing and forced)
1 fast/quick receiver to stretch the defense. (The 3 yards in a cloud of dust mentality for this passing game must be fixed)
A couple of good young O-linemen to push or replace the linemen we have. (Colombo and Kosier never got their confidence after starting the season with injuries and Davis was just plain lazy)

I disagree on Hurd, and especially McGee.

Agree with the earning the spots.

Brooking has a great heart, but not the legs to match. Time to join Favre, or maybe put on the coaching cap.

Fast, quick receiver???? What do you call Austin and Bryant???

Glaring need for younger, quicker "O" linemen---but they are as hard to come by as Tiger's celibacy...

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM
If Bryant is healthy he can be the field stretcher..BUT..Austin can as well..I truly believe the OL problems has shortened the passing game

Back in 07 and 08 the knock on garrett and the offense was they threw down the field to much, his passing game was an all or nothing deal( and it was)

I dont know if Dallas does not need TWO ILBs if they find them..IMO Bradie James is ok but not great.

I feel Dallas HAS to make changes on the OL..I would love to either get rid of Gurode or maybe move him to guard, he has detoriated into a terrible center

As far as Colombo and Kosier..they are battlers and I have no problem with them being starters, but Dallas should always be looking to upgrade

I don't see Austin as a field stretcher and I keep forgetting Dez is pretty dang fast. I keep thinking of Dez as a possession type receiver but you are right, he can be the deep threat.

I like what I see from Sean Lee. I think he could be 1 of those LBs or at the very least push Brady James out of his head in the clouds mentality.

All the Dallas O-linemen are capable. I think they got complacent over the off season behind Wade and his cupcake attitude and combined with the injuries to Colombo and Kosier the season started going south in a hurry and they never found any confidence. There are many, many O-linemen out there to be picked up and none of them would be any better than what we have. Davis is lazy! Get him playing well or get him gone! And in my opinion Gurode is the least of the 0'line worries.

I think the Cowboys need to just bring in a lot of talent whereever they can find it and let the players fight it out in the preseason to see who gets the job.

Pendragon13
01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't see Austin as a field stretcher and I keep forgetting Dez is pretty dang fast. I keep thinking of Dez as a possession type receiver but you are right, he can be the deep threat.

I like what I see from Sean Lee. I think he could be 1 of those LBs or at the very least push Brady James out of his head in the clouds mentality.

All the Dallas O-linemen are capable. I think they got complacent over the off season behind Wade and his cupcake attitude and combined with the injuries to Colombo and Kosier the season started going south in a hurry and they never found any confidence. There are many, many O-linemen out there to be picked up and none of them would be any better than what we have. Davis is lazy! Get him playing well or get him gone! And in my opinion Gurode is the least of the 0'line worries.

I think the Cowboys need to just bring in a lot of talent whereever they can find it and let the players fight it out in the preseason to see who gets the job. I like what I've seen of Sean Lee so far this season...but he needs to beef up a little. He looks more like a safety than a run stuffing LB. But then again, Dallas has had even smaller LB's that were pretty successful in the past. (Dat Nguen and Dexter Coakley)

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM

I know they didn't have a great year but I really can't understand where your opinion of this O-line comes from. Even this season with all the mistakes and miscues they are viewed by many as a good O-line in the NFL. This is the same O-line that allowed Romo to be top 5 last season in passing yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-olinerankings061810

http://football.about.com/od/fantasyfootball/a/Offensive_Line.htm

http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/fantasy-analysis-2010-offensive-line-rankings/

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/07/02/2009-offensive-line-rankings/

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

I have websense at work so could not access a lot of sites. But you get my meaning.......

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I know they didn't have a great year but I really can't understand where your opinion of this O-line comes from. Even this season with all the mistakes and miscues they are viewed by many as a good O-line in the NFL. This is the same O-line that allowed Romo to be top 5 last season in passing yards.

I have websense at work so could not access a lot of sites. But you get my meaning.......

Tony Romo's ability to move around in the pocket is what has made the OL look so good pass blockig..and this year the run blocking was TERRIBLE

BTW those links...none have the Cowboys OL higher than 10th..one has them at 16th..one at 14th

couple of comments from those links

However, when this team is behind on the scoreboard, the offensive line can look like a band of turnstiles

No. 10 — Dallas Cowboys (Run No. 3, Pass No. 25, Penalties No. 28)

Dallas with a succession of stupid penalties and sloppy pass protection

Center Andre Gurode did a fabulous job of blocking for the run and probably just takes this over Kyle Kosier, who seemed to implode in the postseason. That said, giving up 2 sacks, 5 hits, 15 hurries and 9 penalties means Gurode was lucky to get his Pro Bowl nod.( AND THAT WAS LAST YEAR..His run blocking this year was TERRIBLE)

Pendragon13
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM

I have websense at work so could not access a lot of sites. But you get my meaning....... The biggest problem with the O-line is age creeping up on many of them, and staying healthy for an entire season. Also, Colombo seems to be a little inconsistent since he came back..

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Tony Romo's ability to move around in the pocket is what has made the OL look so good pass blockig..and this year the run blocking was TERRIBLE

Yea! Thank God for Romo! Without him this team might go........................ well 5-5. I know that isn't 1-5 like Romo managed before he go hurt but it's a start. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GrTigers6
01-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Yea! Thank God for Romo! Without him this team might go........................ well 5-5. I know that isn't 1-5 like Romo managed before he go hurt but it's a start. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yeah because the QB is the only way to lose a game. The defense was horrible all year so no way can you say Romo was 1-5 when he put his team in position to win in all of those losses and the defense gave it up.

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Yeah because the QB is the only way to lose a game. The defense was horrible all year so no way can you say Romo was 1-5 when he put his team in position to win in all of those losses and the defense gave it up.

Oh, OK! Let's say Romo is 5-1 (just to keep some of you happy) but the defense is 1-5 through the first 6 games!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Defense averaged 21 pts allowed w/ Romo.
Defense averaged 28 pts allowed w/ Kitna.

Offense averaged 20.5 pts per game w/Romo.
Offense averaged 25.7 pts per game w/Kitna

Romo was 1-5 as starter= 17%
Kitna was 4-5 as starter = 44%

Playoff teams vs Cowboys after Romo: GB, NO, Indy, Philly(twice) 2 more that missed the playoffs in the final game.

Playoff teams that Romo started against: Bears

coach
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Oh, OK! Let's say Romo is 5-1 (just to keep some of you happy) but the defense is 1-5 through the first 6 games!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Playoff teams vs Cowboys after Romo: GB, NO, Indy, Philly(twice) 2 more that missed the playoffs in the final game.

so kitna is better than romo....now i get what you have been trying to say all along...

GrTigers6

First 8 games- No desire to win
Last 8 games - New found desire under new coach.
Enough Said:thinking:

Bullaholic
In 2010 there were only 2 games which could be considered "blowouts"-- Jacksonville and Green Bay. All of the others were close games.

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Dallas D creating turnovers with Romo as QB 9 in 6 games

After the injury 21

Dallas D defensive scores before Romo hurt:0
Dallas D Touchdowns after: 4

Btw Dallas D gave up 25 points a game while Romo was starting not 21

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
First 8 games- No desire to win
Last 8 games - New found desire under new coach.
Enough Said:thinking:

and yet they played worst with the NEW FOUND desire? I saw only 2 games where this team as a unit seemed to give up! Maybe the second half of the NYG game could be added to that mix!

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
and yet they played worst with the NEW FOUND desire? I saw only 2 games where this team as a unit seemed to give up! Maybe the second half of the NYG game could be added to that mix!

I agree..the give up games were after Romo was hurt agianst Giants..The Jak game and the Packers game.

Farmersfan
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Dallas D creating turnovers with Romo as QB 9 in 6 games

After the injury 21

Dallas D defensive scores before Romo hurt:0
Dallas D Touchdowns after: 4

Btw Dallas D gave up 25 points a game while Romo was starting not 21

Total of 130 points in first 6 games= 21.6 points per game.
The defense increased the turnovers per game average by .6 turnovesr in the last 10 games. But they gave up 7 more points per game so I think that is a wash! The defensive TD's could account for 3 points per game so the offense actually only scored 2 points per game more with Kitna! Even more impressive that they could win more games. Thanks for making my point TX! I think enough evidence is out to prove that Romo didn't make this team any better than Kitna did! Or at least not 11 million dollars better!

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Total of 130 points in first 6 games= 21.6 points per game.
The defense increased the turnovers per game average by .6 turnovesr in the last 10 games. But they gave up 7 more points per game so I think that is a wash! The defensive TD's could account for 3 points per game so the offense actually only scored 2 points per game more with Kitna! Even more impressive that they could win more games. Thanks for making my point TX! I think enough evidence is out to prove that Romo didn't make this team any better than Kitna did! Or at least not 11 million dollars better!

uhh Dallas gave up 156 points in first 6 games

13,27,13,34,24, 45= 156...26 points a game

Again they gave up 2 more points a game after firing, not 7

And with Romo Dallas was scoring 22 a game not 21

You say Dallas up their turnovers created by .6 after Romo..but that does not really tell the story...Of the 9 turnovers they got while Romo was QB EIGHT were in two games..so in the other 4 they got one turnover

After the injury Dallas in the next 10 games only had two where they did not get a turnover and they got at least TWO turnovers in every one of those games except 1..

coach
01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
my favorite romo kitna comparison from ff is when he argues that kitna has thrown a 7o yard pas for a td and romo has thrown one for 65 yards...or something to that extent...what he doesn't tell you is that the kitna pass was a screen to Felix Jones. hell Stephen McGee has a more vertical game than kitna

HeavyD
01-04-2011, 05:01 PM
All this back and forth about players doesn't matter, the fact is the TEAM as a whole sucked @$$, from the coaches down. One or two players here or there won't matter. Nothing is worse than having a core group of a team that gets complacent and doesn't expect to win, that's Dallas. They do NOT have a tradition of wining any more, and it pains me to say that. Even when they went a couple of yrs when they won 10+ games, they could never WIN the next game. I have been a Romo fan since the very first Oakland preseason game that he came in and won almost single handedly. But now it is obvious that he is not a leader, and will not take charge of a team. Dallas should just start over with players with just a couple of yrs in the league or less. The only two I would say are "must keep" players are Bryant and Lee.

coach
01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
All this back and forth about players doesn't matter, the fact is the TEAM as a whole sucked @$$, from the coaches down. One or two players here or there won't matter. Nothing is worse than having a core group of a team that gets complacent and doesn't expect to win, that's Dallas. They do NOT have a tradition of wining any more, and it pains me to say that. Even when they went a couple of yrs when they won 10+ games, they could never WIN the next game. I have been a Romo fan since the very first Oakland preseason game that he came in and won almost single handedly. But now it is obvious that he is not a leader, and will not take charge of a team. Dallas should just start over with players with just a couple of yrs in the league or less. The only two I would say are "must keep" players are Bryant and Lee.

not a leader at all....

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5982966

HeavyD
01-04-2011, 05:32 PM

Forgot Ware

coach
01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Forgot Ware

miles austin, jason witten, tony romo, andrew gurode(sp?) jay ratliff, and ill even throw in doug free

HeavyD
01-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
not a leader at all....

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5982966

A line from Kenny Powers comes to mind..."I play real sports, I'm not trying to be the best at excersising"

I know Romo is dedicated, but that doesn't make him a good leader. Don't get me wrong, I like Romo, he's a great QB, but I don't think just being a great QB will get the TEAM goals accomplished. (Marino) I just don't think Romo "runs" the team like QBs that have won IT recently, and I think that has to do with leadership or lack there of. He may be able to grow in to that, who knows, but the window for this roster, I think, is closed.

DDBooger
01-04-2011, 05:44 PM
A line from Kenny Powers comes to mind..."I play real sports, I'm not trying to be the best at excersising"
:D :clap:

HeavyD
01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
miles austin, jason witten, tony romo, andrew gurode(sp?) jay ratliff, and ill even throw in doug free

I'll give you Austin, but Jason is done, Gurode is way down, and Ratliff was hurt by not having a stud beside him. His quickness really shows up when either end demands a double team, and that didn't happen this yr like the last couple.

coach
01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I'll give you Austin, but Jason is done, Gurode is way down, and Ratliff was hurt by not having a stud beside him. His quickness really shows up when either end demands a double team, and that didn't happen this yr like the last couple.

1. ask any guy in the locker room and they will be the first to tell you that romo is a leader. What people don't realize is there are two types of leaders. 1. is lead by example, who might not say a lot but will get the job done. 2. Is a leader by words. Someone who can rally the troops together and be successful. Romo has more of number one which is ok and doesnt make him a bad leader and thats what people don't realize

Witten had his best year ever this year lol

aurode is a prowboler and according to espn stats he allowed one sack all year

and ratliff had a down year but he still is one of the best in the game.

HeavyD
01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
1. ask any guy in the locker room and they will be the first to tell you that romo is a leader. What people don't realize is there are two types of leaders. 1. is lead by example, who might not say a lot but will get the job done. 2. Is a leader by words. Someone who can rally the troops together and be successful. Romo has more of number one which is ok and doesnt make him a bad leader and thats what people don't realize

Witten had his best year ever this year lol

aurode is a prowboler and according to espn stats he allowed one sack all year

and ratliff had a down year but he still is one of the best in the game.

1. I don't know anyone in the locker room so that's a tough one for me.
2. Leadership...your point on Romo as far as leadership goes, is one of the reasons Wade was let go. People around Wade always say he has his own way of leading, well, guess what, it never really translated to the field when it mattered and I fear that is what Romo is. Hopefully I'm wrong.
3. Witten---If you think catching a gazillian balls for 3 yds each on 3rd down and 4 is his best yr ever then I guess I can't really argue that with you, I will just have to disagree.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
3. Witten---If you think catching a gazillian balls for 3 yds each on 3rd down and 4 is his best yr ever then I guess I can't really argue that with you, I will just have to disagree.

While I felt Witten struggled early this year, they did give a stat sunday that Witten was in top 3 in 3rd down catches for first downs this year

HeavyD
01-04-2011, 06:17 PM
While I felt Witten struggled early this year, they did give a stat sunday that Witten was in top 3 in 3rd down catches for first downs this year

Not surprising, since we were the kings of the checkdown this yr. My point on Witten is just my opinion. Personally, I think you keep him on ur roster as long as possible, but I just think his best playing days are behind him. He can still "catch" with the best of them, but I think that is where it ends. Just my opinion, but what he did with the ball in his hands after he caught it this year was not very good. It looked like he was looking for a place to lay down or waiting to get hit way too much.

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
my favorite romo kitna comparison from ff is when he argues that kitna has thrown a 7o yard pas for a td and romo has thrown one for 65 yards...or something to that extent...what he doesn't tell you is that the kitna pass was a screen to Felix Jones. hell Stephen McGee has a more vertical game than kitna

It's a case of simle logic coach! Perhaps that's why you didn't understand it. :D J/K

You claim Kitna has no verticle game! Please explain how you come to this conclusion?

Romo averaged 7.5 yards per completion and Kitna averaged 7.4 yard per completion in 2010. You do understand how averages work, right? If Kitna throws a lot more short passes than Romo did then he must have also thrown a lot more long passes in order to get the same average. Unless you are claiming that Kitna throws a better ball than Romo does and the receivers are able to get more yards after the catch with Kitna than they do with Romo? Is that what you are saying? No matter what combination of short passes and long passes are used to get the average completion yardage it equal the SAME verticle game! As far as the longest completion goes I only posted this season's long for each player. Look at the career longest and Kitna also gets the nod.

BTW: McGee's verticle game earned him a 5.4 yard per completion average in his 2 games played. Nice try!

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM

I think everybody has been pleasantly surprised at the season Witten had this year. It certainly seemed to me that he was having a much worst season than usual. I think maybe it was his mistakes early on that gave the impression of a bad season.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
It's a case of simle logic coach! Perhaps that's why you didn't understand it. :D J/K

You claim Kitna has no verticle game! Please explain how you come to this conclusion?

Romo averaged 7.5 yards per completion and Kitna averaged 7.4 yard per completion in 2010. You do understand how averages work, right? If Kitna throws a lot more short passes than Romo did then he must have also thrown a lot more long passes in order to get the same average. Unless you are claiming that Kitna throws a better ball than Romo does and the receivers are able to get more yards after the catch with Kitna than they do with Romo? Is that what you are saying? No matter what combination of short passes and long passes are used to get the average completion yardage it equal the SAME verticle game! As far as the longest completion goes I only posted this season's long for each player. Look at the career longest and Kitna also gets the nod.

Already showed last year when you claimed that Romo did not throw a good enough ball for the WRs to run after the catch that Dallas led the league in yards after catch

They did shorten the game when Kitna was in except for a few go routes to Bryant before he got hurt..nothing wrong with that, he was a back up behind a crap line...One thing Dallas DOES have is recievers and RBs who run well after the catch and that helped Kitna( and Romo as well)

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 10:38 AM

A little more information before you respond coach;

Kitna had 209 completions this season and Romo had 148.
Kitna had 32 over 20 yards (15% of his completions) and Romo had 21 over 20 yards(14% of his completions). Kitna had 6 completions over 40 yards (3% of the total) and Romo had 2 over 40 yards. (1% of the total). Based on the FACTS, Romo actually had a lesser verticle game than Kitna did!

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Already showed last year when you claimed that Romo did not throw a good enough ball for the WRs to run after the catch that Dallas led the league in yards after catch

They did shorten the game when Kitna was in except for a few go routes to Bryant before he got hurt..nothing wrong with that, he was a back up behind a crap line...One thing Dallas DOES have is recievers and RBs who run well after the catch and that helped Kitna( and Romo as well)

I didn't say that this go around TX. I asked Coach if he was saying that because that is the only way a "shorter" passing game could acheive the same average! But read my previous post and you will see that Kitna actually had a better down the field success rate than Romo did this season.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
you will see that Kitna actually had a better down the field success rate than Romo did this season.

he did early because they started using Bryant more down the field..but once Bryant got hurt they shortened the game and relied on their pass targets to get the yards

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
he did early because they started using Bryant more down the field..but once Bryant got hurt they shortened the game and relied on their pass targets to get the yards

I guess it's just a matter of perspective TX. I have always felt that Romo was too satisfied with the check down and short throw and I have not really seen much of a difference since Kitna came in. And the stats back that up! Fortunately this season is over and we can move on. Unfortunately we have said this far too often in recent years. Hopefully Garrett can get this team back on track.
I heard some Radio hosts blaming the whole poor performance and the lack of preparation problems of this team on Jerry and circus that was training camp this year. I know you think the bad season is talent related but how much impact do you think the whole media circus training camp atmosphere has on pro players? Wasn't it the Cowboys Hard Knocks training camp year that they had the 9-7 season and didn't make the playoffs? Next Pre season maybe they should shut out ALL media and just buckle down and play football. What do you think?

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I guess it's just a matter of perspective TX. I have always felt that Romo was too satisfied with the check down and short throw and I have not really seen much of a difference since Kitna came in. And the stats back that up! Fortunately this season is over and we can move on. Unfortunately we have said this far too often in recent years. Hopefully Garrett can get this team back on track.
I heard some Radio hosts blaming the whole poor performance and the lack of preparation problems of this team on Jerry and circus that was training camp this year. I know you think the bad season is talent related but how much impact do you think the whole media circus training camp atmosphere has on pro players? Wasn't it the Cowboys Hard Knocks training camp year that they had the 9-7 season and didn't make the playoffs? Next Pre season maybe they should shut out ALL media and just buckle down and play football. What do you think?

Funny thing is...from 2006-2008 the knock on garrett and Romo was all they did was try to throw deep( especially with TO) which led to big plays, but also big intercptions( the Last game at Texas Stadium comes to mind)..Romo last year showed a maturation in NOT always taking the big shot to take the shorter pass and go on to the next pass...and personally I am fine with that

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Funny thing is...from 2006-2008 the knock on garrett and Romo was all they did was try to throw deep( especially with TO) which led to big plays, but also big intercptions( the Last game at Texas Stadium comes to mind)..Romo last year showed a maturation in NOT always taking the big shot to take the shorter pass and go on to the next pass...and personally I am fine with that

Perhaps I should I should clarify. I don't have a problem with the short passing game. What I meant mostly was the 3 yard pass when they need 6 yards for a first. And not only a 3 yard pass but the receiver is too often running accross the field instead of down the field. Any pass completed to a receiver or RB short of the first down marker has to be with the receiver going North/South. Not sideways! It's probably not true but it does seem like this Cowboy's offense gets stuffed short of a 1st down on those short crossing passes far more often than any other team. That could just be because I watch every play for this team and not others.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Perhaps I should I should clarify. I don't have a problem with the short passing game. What I meant mostly was the 3 yard pass when they need 6 yards for a first. And not only a 3 yard pass but the receiver is too often running accross the field instead of down the field. Any pass completed to a receiver or RB short of the first down marker has to be with the receiver going North/South. Not sideways! It's probably not true but it does seem like this Cowboy's offense gets stuffed short of a 1st down on those short crossing passes far more often than any other team. That could just be because I watch every play for this team and not others.

Here is the thing..we see a 3yd pass on 3rd and 6 and scream why throw it there..but the progession of the reads, and what the defense is doing alot of times dicates that the pass go there..We also gripe about the failed ones, but we dont remember the 3yd pass on 3rd and 6 taken by Miles another 30 yds and so forth

GrTigers6
01-05-2011, 12:53 PM
A little more information before you respond coach;

Kitna had 209 completions this season and Romo had 148.
Kitna had 32 over 20 yards (15% of his completions) and Romo had 21 over 20 yards(14% of his completions). Kitna had 6 completions over 40 yards (3% of the total) and Romo had 2 over 40 yards. (1% of the total). Based on the FACTS, Romo actually had a lesser verticle game than Kitna did! Romo played in 5 and 1/2 games and kitna played in 9 and 1/2 games so thats not a fair comparison

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM

It seems to me the offense has gotten more downfield oriented last season and this season. Look at Romo's 20+ and 40+ completion numbers vs. earlier in his career. Some might be related to YAC improvements but I wouldn't think much would be.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyromo/careerstats?id=ROM787981

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
It seems to me the offense has gotten more downfield oriented last season and this season. Look at Romo's 20+ and 40+ completion numbers vs. earlier in his career. Some might be related to YAC improvements but I wouldn't think much would be.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyromo/careerstats?id=ROM787981

I think it has to do with the YAC almost 100%..look who the WRs were

in 07 and 08 you had TO who was the deep guy but also did not take alot of 5 yd routes and turn them into 50 yard plays

then Crayton who was the underneath guy but was not going to take a 5 yd pass and go 40 yards.

in 09 and 10 you had Austin who is the type to take a 6 yd pass and go another 35

plus add in Felix Jones at RB in the screens as he averaged 11 YAC this year

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Romo played in 5 and 1/2 games and kitna played in 9 and 1/2 games so thats not a fair comparison

That's why I used the percentages GrTigers6! A lower number of completions/attempts makes a higher percentage easier. That makes Kitna's numbers even more impressive. And if you consider the caliber of average opponents Kitna played against you should be even more impressed. Perhaps you will feel better if I change the numbers to read this way!

Kitna completed a 20+ yard pass every 5.5 completion.
Romo completed a 20+ yard pass every 6.4 completions.

Kitna completed a 20+ yard pass every 8.37 attempts.
Romo completed a 20+ yard pass every 9.26 attempts.

Farmersfan
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I think it has to do with the YAC almost 100%..look who the WRs were

in 07 and 08 you had TO who was the deep guy but also did not take alot of 5 yd routes and turn them into 50 yard plays

then Crayton who was the underneath guy but was not going to take a 5 yd pass and go 40 yards.

in 09 and 10 you had Austin who is the type to take a 6 yd pass and go another 35

plus add in Felix Jones at RB in the screens as he averaged 11 YAC this year

The average for the 3 top YAC WRs & RB combined for the Cowboys are:

Receivers:
10' season= Austin, Williams, Bryant. ......5.6
09' season=Austin, williams, crayton.......6.1
08' season=Austin,Crayton, Ownes........5.9
07' season= Austin,Crayton ownens.......6.2
06' season=Crayton,Owens, Glen..........4.8

Running Backs:
10' season=Jones,Choice, Barber..........8.6
09' season= barber,Choice,Jones...........8.1
08' season=Choice,Barber,Jones...........7.2
07' season=J. Jones,Anderson,Barber......7.6
06' season=J. Jones, Polite, Barber..........10.8

Although the RB YAC is highest in 5 years the receiver YAC is lowest in that time frame. The receivers had 5 times as many catches as the RBs did. And I didn't include Jason Witten but his YAC total has remained basically level over that time frame.

coach
01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
64.1% comp
16650 yards
118 tds
62 ints
95.5 qb rating

1-3 in the playoffs

61 games started

61% comp
16418 yards
111 td's
81 ints
85.1 qb rating

0-2 in the payoffs

64 games started

These are some stats of two quarter backs in the first 4 years they played in the league. One of these is Peyton Manning's. I will let ya'll figure out who the other is.

GrTigers6
01-06-2011, 08:37 AM
That's why I used the percentages GrTigers6! A lower number of completions/attempts makes a higher percentage easier. That makes Kitna's numbers even more impressive. And if you consider the caliber of average opponents Kitna played against you should be even more impressed. Perhaps you will feel better if I change the numbers to read this way!

Kitna completed a 20+ yard pass every 5.5 completion.
Romo completed a 20+ yard pass every 6.4 completions.

Kitna completed a 20+ yard pass every 8.37 attempts.
Romo completed a 20+ yard pass every 9.26 attempts. Not disagreeing, but is that 20+ yard passes or 8 yard pass that was run 12+ more yards?
Is there a stat that gives you average distance of a pass thrown by both? Just curious

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Not disagreeing, but is that 20+ yard passes or 8 yard pass that was run 12+ more yards?
Is there a stat that gives you average distance of a pass thrown by both? Just curious

And that is the thing..As someone who has seen every game in this stretch..the 06-07-08 teams were more about throwing it DOWN FIELD...read a stat that 34% of TO's passes were thrown 20 yards or more in that frame..Austin since 09 only 20% of his were thrown 20 yards or more

in 09 the offense moved to be more intermediate..just look at first game of season agianst TB when Williams had a 66 yd TD pass on about a 6 yard slant..and Crayton had an 80 yards TD pass on about 15 yard route

Then when Austin established himself they became even more of a throw it short and let the WRS run..it was the main reason they lead the league in YAC

Farmersfan
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
And that is the thing..As someone who has seen every game in this stretch..the 06-07-08 teams were more about throwing it DOWN FIELD...read a stat that 34% of TO's passes were thrown 20 yards or more in that frame..Austin since 09 only 20% of his were thrown 20 yards or more

in 09 the offense moved to be more intermediate..just look at first game of season agianst TB when Williams had a 66 yd TD pass on about a 6 yard slant..and Crayton had an 80 yards TD pass on about 15 yard route

Then when Austin established himself they became even more of a throw it short and let the WRS run..it was the main reason they lead the league in YAC

All that makes perfect sense TX. And if I didn't look at the stats I would also swear this was the case. But how do you explain the bigger YAC average for the WRs in 07' & 08' and the greater number of 20+ yard completions in 09' & 10"? If the receivers were better now at taking a short pass long this stats would be the opposite. If you consider the completion percentage is almost the same and the average yards per completion is the same there isn't a logical explaination except that our first impression is wrong! The FACTS are that Kitna completed a higher percentage of his passes downfield than Romo has since 07'! And Romo completed a higher percentage of his passes downfield last year than he has since 07'. Only 07' was higher than last season or this season. Only a higher YAC average would indicate shorter passes and WRs running after the catch. Perhaps Kitna completed 99% of his passes short and the other 1% was really, really long to offset the short ones to get the same average??? But wouldn't that be reflected in the numbers of 20+ yard completions? Unless I'm missing something! And I'm pretty sure you will tell me if I am! :D :D

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
All that makes perfect sense TX. And if I didn't look at the stats I would also swear this was the case. But how do you explain the bigger YAC average for the WRs in 07' & 08' and the greater number of 20+ yard completions in 09' & 10"? If the receivers were better now at taking a short pass long this stats would be the opposite. If you consider the completion percentage is almost the same and the average yards per completion is the same there isn't a logical explaination except that our first impression is wrong! The FACTS are that Kitna completed a higher percentage of his passes downfield than Romo has since 07'! And Romo completed a higher percentage of his passes downfield last year than he has since 07'. Only 07' was higher than last season or this season. Only a higher YAC average would indicate shorter passes and WRs running after the catch. Perhaps Kitna completed 99% of his passes short and the other 1% was really, really long to offset the short ones to get the same average??? But wouldn't that be reflected in the numbers of 20+ yard completions? Unless I'm missing something! And I'm pretty sure you will tell me if I am! :D :D

in 06
Terrell Owens averaged 13 yds a catch with a 4.6 YAC
Patrick Crayton 14.3 with 5.6 YAC
Terry Glenn 18 yds a catch 3.1 YAC

Owens 16 yds a catch 4.4 YAC
Crayton 13.9 5.8 YAC
No other WR caught more than 350 yds

TO 15 yds a catch 4.2 YAC
Crayton 14.1 5 yds YAC

Now in 09

Miles Austin 16 yds per catch 7.0 YAC
Roy Williams 15 yds 5.8 YAC
Crayton 16 yds per 6.0 YAC

Austin 15 per catch 6.5 YAC
Williams 14 per catch 5.8 YAC
Bryant( whose numbers are more like TO) 12 a catch 4.7 YAC
Felix Jones 7.1 YAC in 09 11.8 in 2010

I think the biggest problem in your averages is the amount of passes caught..u put Austin into your 2007 stats..yes he had a high YAC, but only caught 7 passes..but if you average his 8.4 into the others it brings theres up take out his 7 catches and the 07 top WRs YAC for Dallas is 5.1 not 6.2

The 2010 YAC for the top targets( all of this excluding Witten like you did as well) is 7.2 YAC

2009 YAC average is 6.3 among top targets

GrTigers6
01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
All that makes perfect sense TX. And if I didn't look at the stats I would also swear this was the case. But how do you explain the bigger YAC average for the WRs in 07' & 08' and the greater number of 20+ yard completions in 09' & 10"? If the receivers were better now at taking a short pass long this stats would be the opposite. If you consider the completion percentage is almost the same and the average yards per completion is the same there isn't a logical explaination except that our first impression is wrong! The FACTS are that Kitna completed a higher percentage of his passes downfield than Romo has since 07'! And Romo completed a higher percentage of his passes downfield last year than he has since 07'. Only 07' was higher than last season or this season. Only a higher YAC average would indicate shorter passes and WRs running after the catch. Perhaps Kitna completed 99% of his passes short and the other 1% was really, really long to offset the short ones to get the same average??? But wouldn't that be reflected in the numbers of 20+ yard completions? Unless I'm missing something! And I'm pretty sure you will tell me if I am! :D :D Its no shock to say that Romo was not playing his best this year. But neither was the rest of the team under Phillips. I am interested to see if Garrett (or Whoever) can get them all motivated to see if Romo still has something left or if he is just back to barely above average. Personally I think we havent seen the best from him yet and that a good team attitude will bring it all out. We will see.:thinking:

Farmersfan
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
in 06
Terrell Owens averaged 13 yds a catch with a 4.6 YAC
Patrick Crayton 14.3 with 5.6 YAC
Terry Glenn 18 yds a catch 3.1 YAC

Owens 16 yds a catch 4.4 YAC
Crayton 13.9 5.8 YAC
No other WR caught more than 350 yds

TO 15 yds a catch 4.2 YAC
Crayton 14.1 5 yds YAC

Now in 09

Miles Austin 16 yds per catch 7.0 YAC
Roy Williams 15 yds 5.8 YAC
Crayton 16 yds per 6.0 YAC

Austin 15 per catch 6.5 YAC
Williams 14 per catch 5.8 YAC
Bryant( whose numbers are more like TO) 12 a catch 4.7 YAC
Felix Jones 7.1 YAC in 09 11.8 in 2010

I think the biggest problem in your averages is the amount of passes caught..u put Austin into your 2007 stats..yes he had a high YAC, but only caught 7 passes..but if you average his 8.4 into the others it brings theres up take out his 7 catches and the 07 top WRs YAC for Dallas is 5.1 not 6.2

The 2010 YAC for the top targets( all of this excluding Witten like you did as well) is 7.2 YAC

2009 YAC average is 6.3 among top targets

Are you ready for a headache?

The "TOP TARGETS" in 2010 might have had a better YAC but the bottom targets that caught the other 50% of the passes had a worst YAC! See how averages work?

What we need is for you to do is share a link to the information that gave you the TEAM YAC averages that made you claim Dallas led the NFL! I am restricted at work on what sites I can access and can't find any TEAM information in this category. Alll we need is the TEAM YAC numbers for each season and this discussion is over.
but you certainly can't take the top reciever from 10' and compare him to the top receiver in 07'. Both receivers had teammates that also caught passes and since neither one caught more than 25% of the teams completions then their YAC total is only 25% of the team average. That's why I used the top 3 for each year in each category. Regardless of how many catches they had. Even if they only had 5 catches it doesn't change the YAC average. If you add another receiver to the mix that isn't in the top 3 in YAC that average can only come down! So those YAC averages I posted are the MOST it can be for each of those categories unless you start taking players away. But then you are moving away from a team YAC average and more to a individual YAC average.

Receivers:
06' = 4.8
07' = 6.2
08' = 5.9
09' = 6.1
10' = 5.6

Running backs:
06' = 10.8
07' = 7.6
08' = 7.2
09' = 8.1
10' = 8.6

Combined:

06' = 7.8
07' = 6.9
08' = 6.5
09' = 7.1
10' = 7.1

What this tells us is that all players for the Cowboys that caught passes in 2010 averaged gaining 6 inches more yardage everytime they caught a pass than they did in 08'. I think that disproves the theory that the additional downfield completions the last 2 seasons was the result of better YAC.

Farmersfan
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Its no shock to say that Romo was not playing his best this year. But neither was the rest of the team under Phillips. I am interested to see if Garrett (or Whoever) can get them all motivated to see if Romo still has something left or if he is just back to barely above average. Personally I think we havent seen the best from him yet and that a good team attitude will bring it all out. We will see.:thinking:

Statistically speaking Romo was on pace for another very good season before he got hurt. I don't think he would have continued on the interception pace he was on because most of those were the result of the receivers bouncing dropped passes or not being in the right place at the right time. All these posts aren't intended to illustrate how bad Romo was. If anything they illustrate how good Kitna played as a backup. I have never said Romo didn't have good stats. He is top 5 in the NFL in this category. My point has always been that Romo had good stats because of the team he played for. I have repeatedly said that it was my opinion that many, many NFL QB's could put up those kinds of numbers with this team. Previously my only justification for this feeling was a gut feeling and the fact that Romo couldn't even earn the 3rd QB spot on this team until they put so much talent on the team that Dallas had 11 players in the Pro Bowl. Now it seems my point is proven again by the fact that a 38 year old has-been backup QB has performed basically as well as Romo has with the same team. Take away the 2 games after Romo got hurt when the whole team had quite and Kitna's numbers actually beats Romo's by a long shot. Perhaps Romo will eventually take this team to a superbowl and it certainly isn't 100% Romo's fault that this team plays like it does, but is for certain as much his fault as it is any other single players fault. I hope I am proven wrong eventually but in my opinion Romo isn't a franchise QB.

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Are you ready for a headache?

The "TOP TARGETS" in 2010 might have had a better YAC but the bottom targets that caught the other 50% of the passes had a worst YAC! See how averages work?

Who? Bennett had a 5.7 YAC..Hurd had a 5.1 YAC even Barber had a 6.9 YAC

again the problem with just averaging YAC is IMO amount of catches is important..your 6.2 in 07 gets a huge bump because of 7 catches.

I provided the link for 2009 YAC leader many times it was in my sig forever

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Here is another stat grouping

They have a stat called Deep %..that is routes that takes the WR at least 15 yards

Glenn was at 33%...TO at 30%

in 07

Owens had 30% of his routes go 15 yards or more..Crayton 24%

in 08
Owens was at 34% Roy at 26%

in 09

austin had 25% of his go more than 15 Williams 24% Crayton 14%

Here is the most telling stat

06 Romo threw over 15 yards 27%
07 20%
08 21%
09 15.5 %
2010 2010 15%

Farmersfan
01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Who? Bennett had a 5.7 YAC..Hurd had a 5.1 YAC even Barber had a 6.9 YAC

again the problem with just averaging YAC is IMO amount of catches is important..your 6.2 in 07 gets a huge bump because of 7 catches.

I provided the link for 2009 YAC leader many times it was in my sig forever

OK Tx! I found something:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/dal

these are team totals:

06' = 1496 total YAC for team for a 4.82 YAC average
07' = 1743 YAC for the team for a 5.09 YAC average
08' = 1751 YAC for the team for a 5.33 YAC average
09' = 1738 YAC for the team for a 5.01 YAC average
10' = 2265 YAC for the team for a 5.98 YAC average

I could see the 1 yard increased average in 2010 being caused by 1 extra long run-after-catch per game and could account for about 16 more completions of 20+ yards in the entire season. I don't think that is what happened in 2010 but it could have. But the average in 09' is actually the lowest since 06'. Yet that was the highest number of 20+ yard completions? Another mystery?
See you tomorrow!

HeavyD
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Here is the thing..we see a 3yd pass on 3rd and 6 and scream why throw it there..but the progession of the reads, and what the defense is doing alot of times dicates that the pass go there..We also gripe about the failed ones, but we dont remember the 3yd pass on 3rd and 6 taken by Miles another 30 yds and so forth

I would much rather see a pass beyond the sticks and sometimes not converted than a 3yd out route caught when 6 is needed. Maybe that's not good football, but as a fan it drives you nuts.

It's funny how when we are typing "3 yd out route" or "3 yd out" and 6 is needed, we are all talking about the same player.

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
OK Tx! I found something:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/dal

these are team totals:

06' = 1496 total YAC for team for a 4.82 YAC average
07' = 1743 YAC for the team for a 5.09 YAC average
08' = 1751 YAC for the team for a 5.33 YAC average
09' = 1738 YAC for the team for a 5.01 YAC average
10' = 2265 YAC for the team for a 5.98 YAC average

I could see the 1 yard increased average in 2010 being caused by 1 extra long run-after-catch per game and could account for about 16 more completions of 20+ yards in the entire season. I don't think that is what happened in 2010 but it could have. But the average in 09' is actually the lowest since 06'. Yet that was the highest number of 20+ yard completions? Another mystery?
See you tomorrow!

On the 09 season the number at the bottom is not correct if you add up tthem up..it has 1738..the correct total is

So 07 and 08 they were in the 1700s in YAC both with a little over 12 yards per catch

09 an5 10 they were over 2200 in YAC with again the yards per catch being over 12 yards per

Farmersfan
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
On the 09 season the number at the bottom is not correct if you add up tthem up..it has 1738..the correct total is

So 07 and 08 they were in the 1700s in YAC both with a little over 12 yards per catch

09 an5 10 they were over 2200 in YAC with again the yards per catch being over 12 yards per

Well now the numbers finally make a little more sense Tx. The YAC average in 09' was 6.44 instead of 5.01 as I originally posted. That certainly would support your statement that they threw more short passes that got taken deep by the receivers! It would also support the idea that the increased 20+ yard completions were the result of receiver's YAC on short passes.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Well now the numbers finally make a little more sense Tx. The YAC average in 09' was 6.44 instead of 5.01 as I originally posted. That certainly would support your statement that they threw more short passes that got taken deep by the receivers! It would also support the idea that the increased 20+ yard completions were the result of receiver's YAC on short passes.

and this is why I think Bryant is important...he is a legit deep threat...Austin could be but he is so good at taking a 8 yd route and going 80, that you add Bryant to truly stretch the field and you honestly have a passing attack that can hit you short or deep